1811 Columbia Road NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perrysadamsmorgan.com/
- Phone: 2022346218
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Roof Reservations taken up till 7PM only from Sunday - Thursday! Saturday lunch 11am - 3pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Dalliah & Sushi Chef Handry Tjan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Available upon request, please email requests to email@example.com for additional details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Bleyle (202) 234-6218
- Entertainment: Background music during dinner; Sunday brunch drag queen show
- Special Events: We are available for weddings, corporate parties and holiday parties and are steps away from the Hilton Washington, Omni Shoreham, Courtyard Marriot and Washington Marriot Wardman Park.
- Cross Street: Biltmore St.
- Public Transit: buses: the 42 and the Circulator metro: Red Line Adams Morgan/Woodley Park/Zoo metro (10 minute walk)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off-street parking and valet parking available (the lot is located to the right of the restaurant and is owned by an independent operator).
A word from Perrys
Perrys, American bistro and sushi bar, is committed to serving great healthy food using local organic products. Located in the International neighborhood of Adams Morgan, Perrys provides a casual and comfortable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perrys reviews from OpenTable diners
- Shadeless rooftop patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/19/2012We booked brunch at Perry's because of the rooftop deck. However, it was a bright, sunny, warm day and there were no umbrellas or shade of any kind. I brought a big hat and sunglasses but other members of my family did not, assuming tables would be shaded. We couldn't even take pics because people couldn't keep their eyes open it was so bright! Should let guest know ahead of time so they can bring shade! Better yet, install umbrellas! Otherwise, great food, service and we had a good time!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Had a wonderful dinner here. We were able to get a rooftop table, and had a leisurely meal - waitstaff was attentive, but didn't rush us at all. Food was tasty and fresh.Special Features:
- It's nice that Perry's doesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012It's nice that Perry's does brunch on Saturdays in addition to the famous brunch on Sundays, but it sure would be nice if they had umbrellas on their rooftop. We wanted to sit outside but it was too sunny and hot the day we were there. We went inside, though, and enjoyed a nice meal with attentive service.Special Features:
- Our food took a little longOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2012Our food took a little long but overall a great experience. Something about the lights on the roof—magical!Special Features:
- I took my parents there whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012I took my parents there when they were in town. We ate up on the rooftop and had a great time. The food was delicious, the atmosphere fun, and the staff friendly, if the service a little slow.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)BillIDined on 4/26/2012We were 40 min late for our 930 reservation. We ordered quicly small plates and sushi, nothing that had to be cooked. We were rushed through the meal. While a large party stayed well after we leftSpecial Features:
- I've been there three timesBirdieVIPDined on 4/26/2012I've been there three times in the last six weeks and each time the food had been really really nice.Special Features:
- The relaxed rooftop vibe andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2012The relaxed rooftop vibe and creative drink menu compensated for the somewhat average cuisine.Special Features:
- Legendary Perrys!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Late for reservation, but they seated us in rooftop with no problem... Waitress was learning the ropes, but did very well with suggestions & positive energy...had more guests come & they moved us to a larger table...all & all a great Friday night of food & drink at the legendary Perry's!!!Special Features:
- Roof-top dining at its deliciousmrwriteVIPDined on 4/13/2012Roof-top dining at its delicious and energetic best. Open skies, open minds and lots of open mouths makes Perrys the go-to place for a display of interesting people, food and sights.Special Features:
- Excellent, personal serviceluvmusselsDined on 4/8/2012Excellent, personal service and attention. Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. And the food was great. Had the biggest soft shell crabs ever! HUGE! But more importantly, all of the food was excellent, no flaws. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Rooftop is where it's at.am682736VIPDined on 4/7/2012Rooftop is where it's at. Make sure you get a table thereSpecial Features:
- My friends and I arrived nearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012My friends and I arrived near opening for Saturday brunch. There were only a few other full tables, which increased my disappointment with the service. We had to request coffee refills multiple times and ask where our food was as other guests who were sat after us receives their food first. I also requested jelly or butter for our biscuits and after following up with our server twice, nothing was ever delivered to our table. The ambience and food were however lovely, although the poor service certainly affected the overall experience.
- over rated - deck is too chic chiTsaintTVIPDined on 3/14/2012food was uninspired guess we expected more for the price we paid. $u$hi special was overpriced and underwhelming. medium rare burger with no red or pink - must have sat too long. service was fine but sloooow
- Hmmm. Of course parking isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012Hmmm. Of course parking is a problem/and or expensive on a weekend. Stairs are a challenge for older people. Wait staff we had was pleasant but lackadaisical. Some of the table placements are very tight and uncomfortable. Martinis were watered down (and took 10 minutes to get to us: maybe that's why?). Seems to be a mecca for "occasions." When we changed from a cramped, drafty table by a window we sat two tables away from what we soon realized was a "boisterous" 8 top of young women who were at the end of a birthday meal, and heavily lubricated with les cocktails. All in all, we ended up having a nice enough time, once the compromised martinis took the edge off. The food is fine; the outdoor terrace must be a draw in nice weather.
- First visit, for Brunch, wasRobertVIPDined on 3/3/2012First visit, for Brunch, was a solid "good". Service very good. We should definitely try in the Summer, when I assume service is available on the Roof garden.Special Features:
- Have a Fish & Chips Roll!DCResidentVIPDined on 2/20/2012Interesting mix of sushi and "comfort-esque" food. We focused on the sushi and it was delicious - we particularly enjoyed the special rolls (Phoenix and Fish & Chips). The black edamame was also very good. Dining on a holiday evening, the restaurant was slightly understaffed, so the service was a little slow, but very pleasant.Special Features:
- It's not *usually* quiet -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2012It's not *usually* quiet - we just hit it on a very empty weeknight. The food was spectacular as always.Special Features:
- It was a coincidence thatXlixx004Dined on 2/15/2012It was a coincidence that we chose to go to Perrys the night after Valentine's day, but it was a great coincidence. There was no one there! I imagine if we had gone a day earlier it would've been packed! So we had a nice quiet dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Food was as good as we remembered, although it had been a while since we'd dropped in. Split an order of mussels for appetizer, I had the local blue fish for entree and the boy had the double crab cakes. The skin should've been taken off the blue fish as it wasn't cooked to crispy, so it was just soggy and gave the dish that extra fishiness it didn't need. The crab cakes were very good, very little filler and very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent Valentines Day special...whatsthatsmellDined on 2/14/2012Excellent Valentines Day special.... pre-set meal with Champagne Toast. Delicious food with a relaxed but yet high-end setting. Feels like a southern influence with a hint of Japanese cuisine.Special Features:
- We went on Valentine's Day,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We went on Valentine's Day, not having been in a number of years. With recent good word of mouth plus the V-Day special, we thought we'd give it a try. Notes: 1. The prix-fixe meal was a good value: delicious and good portions. The complimentary sparkling wine was a nice touch. 2. There were numerous patches on the ceiling---touch ups, I guess. The place looked brighter, but less fun and whimsical than I remember it. 3. Our waiter seemed brand new. Very nice, but a bit confused about the menu, and what came and where it went, etc. It did not detract from the meal. 4. We were originally seated at a bizarre table crammed in a hidden corner in the front of the dining room. It should have been the last table offered, not among the first!Special Features:
- Great place! Will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2012Great place! Will definitely be checking out their happy hourSpecial Features:
- Sushi was great, but we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012Sushi was great, but we were not impressed with the rest of the menu choices. We had been once before about a year ago and loved everything we ordered. We were disappointed that the menu didn't have anything we loved and we weren't excited about anything we ordered this time.Special Features:
- Great for a date night. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2012Great for a date night. We sat inside by the window - the food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Loved it! Had never beenluvmusselsDined on 1/15/2012Loved it! Had never been there before, and tried it during restuarant week. We'll be back! The food was spot on, excellent. Even an order for well-done lamb shank (not easy to execute) was met with positive replies, and meat cooked perfectly to order. Service was friendly, humorous, and accommodating. We did not know Perry's was so good, so we are very glad that they participated in restaurant week.Special Features:
- The salmon entree was fabulous,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2012The salmon entree was fabulous, and the crab cakes were divine. But the open-face squash ravioli, which sounded interesting, was a big disappointment. Sorry, Chef.Special Features:
- Great Adams Morgan spotsaffoodieDined on 1/14/2012Rich and comforting food, and a unique mix of menu options. The staff was accommodating and friendly, and the cocktails were great as well. My boyfriend's salmon could have been seasoned a bit more, but overall a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2011The food was good, but the service was very slow. I mean there was no one in there! It took 40 minutes to take our order and I had reservations.
- We took advantage of the HappyklarelyDined on 12/10/2011We took advantage of the Happy Hour drinks at the rooftop bar, then ate in the main dining room. Great food &cozy atmosphere. Loved it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood institution maintainsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2011Neighborhood institution maintains high quality food and service. Summer rooftop delightful.Special Features:
- Awesome!NeekVIPDined on 11/23/2011Our waiter was fantastic and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- This was the worst diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2011This was the worst dining experience I've had in a long time. The waiter was inattentive & took ages to get a drink order. The specials were read off a sheet of paper with no enthusiasm. Regular menu items were okay, but nothing special. Fish and chips did not come with either lemon or malt vinegar and was cold by the time these items were fetched. My sushi order was wrong and when corrected was almost inedible. Mushy fish and no spice in spicy ahi. I left half on the plate. Bread pudding was dry and blah. Even mentioning it was a birthday dinner got no response from the waiter. For the same price, please go a couple store fronts down to Cashions Eat Place where the food is great and service fantastic.
- Ever walk into a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Ever walk into a restaurant and feel like...oh this is going to be so good..almost as though you're at a dear friends home with family & friends and there's warmth & kindness oozing from the space? Well that was our experience at Perrys Saturday night. Spectacular evening, great food (filet mignon, salmon, chocolate cake, bread pudding...), kind and warm staff from the valets onward, great seating w multiple levels of intimate spaces & windows looking out over the town. I'm looking forward to sharing this special place with friends!Special Features:
- It was a very enjoyable meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011It was a very enjoyable meal. Perrys has a greet vibrant atmosphere. The staff was great and very attentive, and the good was phenomenal.Special Features:
- More hype than anything. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011More hype than anything. Food was nothing spectacular but the ambiance was romantic. Will I go there again, no; should you go there once, probably, if you perfer ambiance over food.Special Features:
- Everything was fantastic untilOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2011Everything was fantastic until the dessert came which was just so-so. Disappointing end to a great dinner.
- Beautiful rooftop deck!MajesticKingVIPDined on 10/10/2011We chose a great night for outdoor dining. It's so romantic with the lights, foliage, comfy seating :) It was very cozy and the food was great, as well as the service. Would love to return to try more on the menu.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2011We had a great dinner for two and especially enjoyed the beautiful outdoor dining on the roof top. The sushi was good and other apps, food, and drinks were also very good.Special Features:
- As with most Adams MorganDanRVIPDined on 10/9/2011As with most Adams Morgan restaurants, parking is a big negative -- adds $10 to your evening, but the lot is right next door to Perrys, and the food was worth it. Everything was fresh -- menu even -- and service was attentive without being pushy. I recommend the chicken under a brick. We ate on the second floor, which was pretty much empty on this Friday night because most patrons had gravitated to the rooftop, Perrys' grand attraction.Special Features:
- only downer is the completeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2011only downer is the complete lack of parking in Adams MorganSpecial Features: