Perry's on Union Street
1944 Union St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Perry's on Union Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perryssf.com/
- Phone: 4159229022
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 11am-11pm (Thurs & Fri until 12 Midnight) Sat & Sun: Brunch 9am-3pm; Dinner 3pm-10pm (Sat until 12 Midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private rooms available for up to 75. We can accommodate parties of up to 75 people in our two private rooms. Our sky-lit enclosed patio fits 25 people comfortably and the back room seats 50.
- Private Party Contact: Mollie Warren 4152921727
- Special Events: Perry's is a great choice for birthday celebrations, rehearsal dinners, showers, luncheons and brunch events!
A word from Perry's on Union Street
Perry's, for almost 40 years an institution in San Francisco, is known for its classic American food, its warm personable service and a fun, bustling bar. Perry's traditional and innovative menu includes a wide variety of sandwiches, creative salads, pastas, steaks and grilled fresh fish. Visit us on Monday & Thursday nights for half-price wine night, when every bottle on the list is half-price, or Wednesday night, for our 1 1/4lb Maine Lobster for just $24.95 (available beginning at 5pm until we run out. Lobsters may not be reserved in advance).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perry's on Union Street reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always a favorite of oursOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Always a favorite of ours in the neighborhood. Service, food and atmosphere never disappoint. We love the artichoke appetizer and crab cakes. Salads are always tasty and you can't go wrong with their burger and chicken BLT.Special Features:
- Always dependable and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I like Perry's I eat there when I stay in that part of the city. Food isalways good. Never have had anything bad there. I like the crab cakes. Clam chowder is good . I would recommend themSpecial Features:
- Great place to go to for American/hRuthieDined on 3/6/2013Great place to go to for American/home-style comfort food.Special Features:
- Perry's never disappoints,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Perry's never disappoints, both in service and in food. There was a large group of us, which can usually cause the server to stress out, but out server was exceptionally calm and super friendly.Special Features:
- We love you just the way you are!BlackBeltVIPDined on 12/27/2012Perry's hasn't changed much over the years and overall I don't want it to. I don't come to Perry's for the great foodie experience - but the food is really really good "bar" food, they have a above average wine list and they pour a fabulous cocktail. I "grew up" there OK so that was in my 20's & 30's)in the 90's and have some wonderful memories of great times with friends. Still love to get together there with the same friends to laugh over old times and think about the good times yet to come. Please don't change. We love you just the way you are!Special Features:
- Perry's is a nice spot, remindingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012Perry's is a nice spot, reminding me of the old bar/restaurants in Chicago. The food was good but the service was not. The owner(?) and other front of house staff were not very welcoming at all. They might have at least smiled, said "Merry Christmas" or at least "Thanks" as we left.Special Features:
- Three ladies (grandma, mom,SusanDined on 12/16/2012Three ladies (grandma, mom, young daughter) when here pre-ballet & encountered NOISE and loud cursing from the patrons. Completely unsuitable for the 6-year-old with us. The 49ers game was blasting. Our waitress was friendly, quick, efficient. Food was acceptable; nothing special.
- Always very friendly and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/5/2012Always very friendly and good food at the right price.Never a bad meal.Fine for two or a group of friends or family.Special Features:
- Our server, Adam, was greatAAAAVIPDined on 11/27/2012Our server, Adam, was great - friendly and happy to help with a smile on his face. This is why I come back to Perry's again and again.Special Features:
- I have been dining at Perry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2012I have been dining at Perry's since I moved to SF 45 years ago. It's a consistant 'stable' place to go. Food remains of high quality; staff are welcoming; service is quick but not pushy; they allow you time to chat & choose your meal. I was with an elderly woman on a walker. She chose to sit in the back as it was quieter there than in the front & we were the only diners there. We were left alone but never ignored. In fact, Emily,our waitress is a wonderful, caring young woman. She provided excellent service & is a kind human being. We love Perry's & know we'll get the same high level of tasty food & service whenever we dine there.Special Features:
- I had only been to Perry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/3/2012I had only been to Perry's for brunch, so I decided to try it for dinner. It was extremely crowded and loud. Food and service were okay. I think I will stick to brunch only at Perry's.
- Sorry not to be more positive,LlelaDined on 11/2/2012Sorry not to be more positive, as I know Perry's has been on Union St. for a long time; however I was disappointed in the food. I had a very mediocre Caesar salad and as to the fish & chips, the batter was very thick and the fish not very good. Our waiter, however, was pleasant and accomodating, so the service outdid the food.Special Features:
- Sitting outside on a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2012Sitting outside on a beautiful day was nice. But I ordered the Chinese Chicken Salad which was very spicy! Also there was no lettuce in the dish it was made out of noodles. I think the server should have told me about the spice and the noodles. I actually asked her about the taco salad or the chinese chicken salad. She wasn't helpful at all! I couldn't eat it! The server was very flippant with us and did not make us feel very comfortable or welcome. All in all it wasn't a very good experience!Special Features:
- I've always liked Perry's.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/6/2012I've always liked Perry's. For this occasion, I had a group on a super-busy Saturday night. I increased the group size twice and the staff at Perry's were HAPPY to accommodate. Superb customer service.Special Features:
- Food and service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2012Food and service were good. Noise was high in bar area.Special Features:
- We really enoyed our lunch.DevaDined on 10/4/2012We really enoyed our lunch. The clam chowder is the best I've had in San Francisco. My husband loved the meatloaf. We will be back. Oh, yes, the wine by the bottle at half price was a real pleasant surprise, too.Special Features:
- Had they special "Po Boy"TassyDined on 9/24/2012Had they special "Po Boy" shrimp sandwich -- shrimp were overcooked and dry. Fries were past their prime.
- Requested a table in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/23/2012Requested a table in the bar and while we knew it was just a request, there was nothing available. We offered to wait but the hostess told us we had to be seated in the back. Then they cancelled our reservation via open table. Not super happy. Food isn't great, but our service, I think his name is Said is awesome. Been there tons of times and it just seems to be getting worse every visit.
- The wine special was good.desireeVIPDined on 9/19/2012The wine special was good. The salads were EXTREMELY disappointing, esp. the so-called Caesar salad. The burger was good.
- A bit of delay seating us.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2012A bit of delay seating us. Tables were open, but apparently the hostess was dealing with a large group in the back. When she was ready for us, apparently someone else had already checked in under my OpenTable reservation! No problems thereafter, however. Waiter recommended we get the discounted bottle of wine, which cost the equivalent of two glasses. A good deal! Service was prompt, and the food was good.Special Features:
- We came for our 31st anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2012We came for our 31st anniversary only to find that Perry's was celebrating their anniversary! The place was packed! Really fun. Energetic. Great service - lobster special was the best - quality, and price. Highly recommend visiting!Special Features:
- Went to Perry's for brunchTamiVIPDined on 8/19/2012Went to Perry's for brunch on a Sunday morning. The menu has a decent amount of choice. The ambiance is good...but best for watching football/boozing in the front of the restaurant (rather than in the sun room/back). Overall though, the food is fine just pretty uninspired and bland. I would not go back for brunch unless suggested by someone else.
- Perry's on Union is constantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2012Perry's on Union is constantly great. Food is wonderful and service is top notch. I love the ambience. It is funky, historic, and comfortable.Special Features:
- Even better then expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Even better then expected when my granddaughter paid.Special Features:
- My first visit to Perry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012My first visit to Perry's was in 1972. Over the years i have visited Perry's, but rarely because I live near Santa Cruz. On Sun., my son ran in the SF Marathon, and I thought Perry's would be great for after the event. And, it was. I was glad we had a reservation, nice table in the sunroom, great lunch, service, etc. Now my daughter wants to spend a day shopping on Union St. with linch @ Perry's!Special Features:
- A legend that still lives.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2012A legend that still lives. I strayed from the menu items that are tried and true and was a bit disappointed in the steak sandwich. It will not deter me from returning after decades of great food, service, and memories.Special Features:
- A quite charming elegantJoselitosDined on 7/20/2012A quite charming elegant restaurant with warm services and the food was delicious. Ordered their Fish Tacos and it was the best fish tacos by far in SF! I would recommend to anyone to try this Perry's on Union Street. I will have to go back once more to try their Fish and Chips.Special Features:
- Perry's is reliable---a lostOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2012Perry's is reliable---a lost trait in the dining experience. You know what you're getting, how it's being served and often, who is bringing it to you. Dependability is why they've been so good for so longSpecial Features:
- I have been going to Perry'sQue2Dined on 7/11/2012I have been going to Perry's dormant years and it remains a top favorite.Special Features:
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2012This was my first trip to Perry's and the steak sandwich was delicious!Special Features:
- The reference point for allmediadlsVIPDined on 5/26/2012The reference point for all other San Francisco bars. Period. Great food any time of the day or night. The BEST service.Special Features:
- Good food in classic sf style.DineoutqueenVIPDined on 5/22/2012Good food in classic sf style. Service slow but accurate.Special Features:
- Great bar restaurant in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Great bar restaurant in a great section of San Francisco. Place was a bit loud but no one seemed to mind.Special Features:
- Perry's is a must every timeFOODIEDined on 4/23/2012Perry's is a must every time we are in the city. We have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot withCancino45Dined on 4/21/2012Great neighborhood spot with a great variety of people.Special Features:
- I have literally grown upOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2012I have literally grown up coming to this restaurant and now I am bringing my own children. It is an SF institution and has never disappointed!Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, howeverFoodRequired1VIPDined on 3/3/2012The food was wonderful, however not good for more that a group of 4, we had 8 and the tables were round and did not accommodate us well. Otherwise, a great place.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many a time...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2012I've eaten here many a time... it is not exceptional food, but generally very good. Today we shared the Ahi Tuna app, which was pretty darn good, and I had the vegetable frittat... it was greasy, sadly lacking in veggies, and more of an omelette than a frittata. But, it was plentiful, I will give it that. Service was impeccable- my iced tea glass was filled before I ever reached the bottom!
- I loved this place. Had theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/4/2012I loved this place. Had the halibut with almonds, and fresh vegetables. The halibut portion was fresh and huge. Everything was really delicious. From the post roast, to the chicken. Calimari was pretty good too, not fishy smell at all. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- upbeat hostesses...styleVIPDined on 1/27/2012a great bar with pub style food. lots of action. while nothing is over the top creative, the food is good. great burgers, fried chicken, etc. been coming here for over 30 yrs! prices are easy on the wallet.Special Features: