Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort
1077 Ashford Avenue
La Concha - A Renaissance Resort
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://perlarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7879773285x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dayn Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Priscila at the restaurant or via email, email@example.com, for more information
- Private Party Contact: Priscila Rivera 7879773285x
A word from Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort
PERLA is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious professional hospitality located in the dramatic shell surrounded by a reflecting pool and beautiful ocean views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (58)special occasion (53)scenic view (48)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Anniversary dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014My husband and I dined at Perla for our anniversary dinner. We were staying at La Concha also. I ordered the snapper and he had the swordfish. Both were fantastic! Great staff and an overall special experience. A bit pricey but definitely worth it for the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerfreddiewawaDined on 9/16/2014service was excellent tony helped with recommendations food was very good and not as expensive as I thought it would be.Special Features:
- Amazing views with food to matchJAMKCDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I had an excellent dinner here while on a cruise. It was a short cab ride from the Port at Old San Juan. The views and ambiance were amazing. I had the tuna steak which was terrific. My wife had the filet with the bacon encrusted coffee jam and it was exceptional. Not usually a fan of sauce on a steak but this sauce was to die for. Great romantic mean with a fantastic view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLiz11Dined on 9/11/2014My birthday celebration was amazing, the food and service made the evening much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off MenuKBletshavefunDined on 9/5/2014After reviewing the menu, which had great options, I asked Miguel, our waiter if the Chef offered a prefix menu. Chef Lendel offered a 6 course dinner with a wine pairing. So, for my 60th birthday, I accepted the 6 course tour of the menu with the wine pairings. Each course was beautifully presented and a continuous surprise of flavors from the cold pea soup with lobster and risotto accompanied by a light crisp white wine, to the sea bass with Pinot noir to the white coconut flan with cafe con leche, and a candle, of course. What a superb dining experience! Miguel and his assistant, Nicole made sure all our needs were met and expectations exceeded. To my surprise but not disappointment, there was no beef in any of the 6 courses. Five Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatally Flawedeager2enjoyDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I went to celebrate an anniversary and her entree was served cold---cold as previously frozen and not properly prepared before serving. Waitress made reasonable effort to make this misstep right, but my entree was left with me while hers was removed and, by the time I was finished (can't leave fish waiting too long) her entree was still not served. Not only was I surprised that they would but a frozen entree on the menu, but that on a night when there was but a few tables of diners in the whole restaurant, that they would serve it without proper care and attention. Oh well, one of those things, but once things got out of sync, it just didn't work out.Special Features:
- La ConchaLuvConchaDined on 9/2/2014Excellent service. Beautiful restaurant. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambiance and serviceDebosimzDined on 9/1/2014Our dinner at La Perla was amazing, the was definitely amazing and our waiter Miguel was awesome. The price are on the high side, so plan to spend... A lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Food was very tasty, wine chilled properly, and the ambience very quiet and fantastic view of the ocean and great sound of the waves crashing on the beach below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewSHinDined on 8/24/2014Atmosphere of this restaurant is outstanding. That must be suitable for a couple or business dinner. However even though it is expensive, it does not taste outstanding but it is ok taste.Special Features:
- La Perla has excellent service.NothappyDined on 8/21/2014The pan seared sea bass was recommended by the waiter and he was right. It was delicious! The lobster broth was light and tasty. Very rich. Our waiter Luis was the best waiter we have ever had. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood RestaurantIrisVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went for a very late dinner. It was very quiet but the service was impeccable- From the bartender to our server. The menu items sounded delicious. It was the 4 of us so we decided to order many different dishes to try it out. Honestly, this is the best seafood restaurant with an amazing view of the beach. You can hear the waves. Scallops and sea bass were my favorite! Definitely need to try their dessert. They have an awesome ice cream and sorbet menu.Special Features:
- Perfect experience!TheTruthBToldDined on 8/18/2014Everything was great. The restaurant is beautiful. The service and the food was outstanding. I ordered a bottle of wine and when tastes it, really didn't care for it although there was nothing "wrong" with it. They said no problem and just brought me a different bottle. Outstanding! I would recommend the restaurant and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Anniversary SpecialJimiGDined on 8/12/2014We went to Perla for our anniversary dinner while in Puerto Rico, everything about this restaurant was spectacular. The hostess greeted us and sat us at our table which was nice but our waiter moved us to a nicer table knowing that it was a special occasion. Very nice wine selection and the food was excellent. When we finished our dinner our waiter (Miguel) brought out a complementary dessert with Happy Anniversary written on the plate. Perla made our special day even more special.Special Features:
- TerribleHorribleDined on 8/12/2014The food was horrible and way over priced. You would think they would have rare wines as well... But no, they had wine I typically get from grocery store for $10 (14 hands). They wanted $50! That just topped it off. The chicken was worse I ever had n lobster was not good. I recommend choices restaurant at the sheraton convention center instead. No view... But wayyy better food
- Welcome to Atlantis!!!ThePerfectPalateDined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere is surreal and the food is impeccable! You'll feel like you're immersed in the sea amongst excuisitly well thought out architecture. The food here is also phenomenal! I've dined at 5 star Michelin award wining restaurants and this place stands up to the competition. I highly recommend the sea bass and lobster, some of the best I've ever tasted on earth! Tip--> Early dinning is optional but to truly take in this experience I suggest a 7:15-7:30 reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice space; mediocre expensive foodMachDined on 8/11/2014We come to San Juan frequently on the way to our house on the Western side of the island. There are some truly innovative, amazing restaurants in San Juan. This is not one of them. It is a pretty space, no doubt, but the food was unimpressive -- typical, fairly mediocre big city U.S. fare, with no bites that oohed or aahed. We had the ceviche (fine, not great, and diminutive); curry shrimp (not bad, just not inspiring -- red curry shrimp flavor from a decent Thai place); scallops (again, not bad, just not wow); the sea bass (yawn, sigh); and the graham cracker ice cream dessert (less flavor rather than smore). Service was fine, wine list was okay for Puerto Rico. Honestly, just wanted more yum. Only go if nothing else is open.Special Features:
- The best restaurantTsantiagoDined on 8/9/2014Is the best restaurant, the food was delicius, the service was great, its the best steak i ever eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeatherHeatherVIPDined on 8/9/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding. The restaurant was very beautiful with a nice view if the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perla is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is very beautiful especially in the later evening. Our reservations were for 6:30pm which may have been a little too early. I think most people eat a little later there. The resort itself is beautiful and a nice place to hang out after the meal. The meal itself was very expensive.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceJenniferDined on 8/2/2014Rest was nice but the food portions were a bit to small but it did taste good. I would go back for the view it was amazing and the place is pretty nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply stunning...MountaingirlVIPDined on 7/27/2014Food and service were impeccable. Atmosphere is beautiful and romantic. My fiancé and I celebrated our engagement here and it was the perfect place. We were spoiled by the staff and blown away by the food. We highly recommend the curry coconut shrimp appetizer and the seabass entree. It was so wonderful that we went back for a second visit while on our trip and we experienced the same quality of food and service. Request Elaine. Hands down, the best server I've ever had the pleasure to dine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food, phenomenal placeSmithyDined on 7/26/2014The food is amazing, the building is beautiful and the service is top-notch. This really is an amazing place and I solidly recommend it. Perfect for a date night or just impressing guests.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceNicoleMGDined on 7/24/2014Our server Miguel was wonderful and he had great recommendations. The rest of the waitstaff including Elaine were very friendly and helpful. Upon hearing that my husband and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary, Miguel had a plate of dessert with the words "Happy 14th Anniversary" on it. It was a lovely touch to a wonderful evening. The view was spectacular and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanticjkmanleymarco21Dined on 7/15/2014I made reservations for my fiance about a month in advanced because I was planning to propose here. We were greeted by two beautiful and kind hosts. After being sat my fiance and I were greeted by a very professional and friendly waiter. After ordering two glasses of wine I excused myself from the table to give the host the ring as planned. After ordering, the food took awhile which we didn't mind but to my surprise two free appetizers and two more glasses of wine were delivered. The dinner came shortly after and we were very pleased. For dessert, the ring was in a clam shell with the words "will you marry me" written in chocolate syrup at the top of the plate. Everything was perfect we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- History and viewJrofromtheburgh2014Dined on 7/13/2014This "shell" shaped restaurant is super retro but to ask the wait staff about its history makes for a very interesting tale. The food is great and Ahmed at the bar is a fantastic mixologist who gives fantastic info on puerto rican run and other interesting local tidbits. It's pricey but well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOUTSTANDINGDined on 7/13/2014I was celebrating my 40th Birthday and had my birthday dinner there, I loved everything about PerlaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteMikefasDined on 7/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Perla. The food was terrific, on par with upscale NYC restaurants with matching prices. Well worth it though. Be sure to be seated just before sunset.Special Features:
- Best than Pikayo!!!JavierDined on 7/5/2014The perfect evening with my wife!!! We love everything...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!! The food, ambience, decor, view, service was all wonderful! Perfect place for a romantic dinner/ date night with your spouse :). We also went to several other notable restsurants, including Marmalade this trip but Perla topped even Marmalade for us!!!Special Features:
- Great SeafoodSJackDined on 6/28/2014Our experience was absolutely top notch!!! Our server, Miguel, was great and quite knowledgeable when it came to menu items. I had the snapper- DELICIOUS!! Kudos to the chef. The ambience was beautiful and relaxed. It's the perfect place to end your day. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy soggy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014Great view if you get there before sunset Too much butter and cream based sauces that smother already over cooked fish Inattentive service but polite when within shouting distance Overrated and not worth it...many better options nearbySpecial Features:
- SuperbKarenDined on 6/20/2014Healthy options, great service and atmosphere!!! Black rice on the menu and fish was cooked perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Restaurant2romanticDined on 6/19/2014Definitely visit for a special occassion. View is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2014Staying at La Concha on a business trip, I grabbed dinner at the bar at La Perla one evening. At the bar, Ahmed provided great advice on the menu and prepared a wonderful martini based on my special requests. I had the sea bass over the lobster risotto, one La Perla's signature dishes. It was wonderful. Look forward to returning to La Perla again.Special Features:
- A GemBronxaricanDined on 6/7/2014Celebrated our son's first birthday here and was treated like royalty. Everything from the food to the servers to the decor and ambience was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 395 reviews are from the Perla at La Concha, A Renaissance Resort reviews archive.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Everything was wonderful with the exception of my lobster tail which was horribly undercooked to the point of being gelatinous. My steak was good and everyone else's meal was excellent. The lobster tail was removed from the bill. No harm no foul...Special Features:
- A true dining experienceSnowbirdsDined on 5/22/2014I have spent the last 12 winters living in Puerto Rico, and can honestly say, that was the best dining experience I have had in all those years. Starting at the hostess station, and continuing throughout the evening, the staff couldn't have been nicer, or more professional. The decor and atmosphere are lovely. It's relaxing, and not too stuffy. The menu was diverse, and everything we had was delicious. Perla offers a large selection of nice wines, which is hard to find in PR. Our overall experience was a 10, and we'll definitely return next year.Special Features:
- DisappointingLouDinerDined on 5/22/2014The service was horrible. We waited for at least 10 minutes to be greeted and the service for the rest of the meal was no better. I had the filet, which was very good. My dining partner had the lobster, which came out cold and tasted like it had been frozen for months. It was tough and flavorless. I wouldn't go back. There are better places to get steak and seafood on the island. You could also hear the nightclub like place in the hotel from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome!YummyInMyTummyDined on 5/22/2014Everything about the restaurant was breath taking! From the reception to the food and exit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.