9 Jones Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perillanyc.com/
- Phone: 212-929-6868x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Harold Dieterle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Perilla celebrates seasonal New American cuisine in a warm environment perfect for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Steinberg 8778753917
- Special Events: Although we do not have a private room, Perilla is available for buyouts.
A word from Perilla Restaurant
Perilla is a critically acclaimed neighborhood restaurant opened by Chef Harold Dieterle and Alicia Nosenzo. Located on Jones Street, a quiet block off of West 4th in Greenwich Village, it features a welcoming atmosphere and exceptional food. The menu is seasonal and changes regularly, but a number of customer favorites remain year-round. Complementing the food is an eclectic mix of wines and spirits, focusing on many smaller producers from the U.S. and around the world, meant to be approachable for all palates and price points. Open for dinner seven days a week and brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. The current menu can be found at www.perillanyc.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perilla Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (115)special occasion (86)romantic (71)notable wine list (39)good for groups (26)hot spot (24)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014This energetic restaurant is perfectly sized and beautifully decorated. The decor is modern but warm with big cozy red booths that flank one side of the restaurant. The wine list, organized by region, boasts many small producers. Prices are reasonable with most wines falling into the $42-$90 range. The Domaine Eden Cabernet out of Santa Cruz was excellent. The food was seasoned properly and was delicious. Standouts at our table include the Rock Shrimp Salad, Tempura of Delicata Squash, Roasted Duck and the Trio of Grass Farm Chicken. The corn sundae sounded odd but worked. The chocolate cookies with sea salt that were brought out at the end of our meal were heaven and we couldn't resist them. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food has been excellent every time we've eaten at Perilla; we have never been disappointed. We also love that the food changes on a seasonal basis.Special Features:
- OMG!mangiamoVIPDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated my birthday here; one of the best meals ever! Appetizers were delicious; I had the tofu; my husband had the cuttlefish. The combination of flavors w/ the cuttlefish was innovative & very tasty. And the entree....WOW! We both had the special, a slow-roasted swordfish w/ yellow lentils & spinach in a tomata masala sauce. Beyond excellent! Savored every bite! The entire dish was spectacular - wonderful blend of flavors & swordfish was cooked perfectly. Best swordfish I'd ever had. Chocolate souffle--MMM!!! Loved the Chenin Blanc wine. Our server, Maria, was fantastic. Top-notch service in a warm, down-to-earth manner. She even brought us each complimentary 10-Year Tawny Port. WOW! Cookies...a mouth-watering finishing touch. Oh YUM!!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014What a find! Excellent service and delicious prepared dishes. Return visits are a must!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood placesteaktartareDined on 9/3/2014great food, excellent and original wine list. Manager is the best.Special Features:
- Perilla dining was sublime!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 9/2/2014Each dish was perfectly cooked. The service was professional and attentive. The atmosphere was intimate and you'll enjoy the entire experience! Bravo to the chef!Special Features:
- It Shouldn't Be a SecretMattDined on 9/1/2014It was Labor Day and our few favorite spots were closed (!) for the night and we had a couple of friends in town. We took a chance and booked reservations at Perilla, a completely unfamiliar place. Were we all very happy. Modest-sized, relatively quiet, great service, great food. We could not have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Still as amazing as it was 5 years ago. Great food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eat in West VillagedgpenaDined on 8/30/2014We had a very good time in this place. The food was very good, different combinations of flavors and textures, all cooked to perfection Service was good even though the faces of our waiter was a little bit too serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely wonderful experience... Everything we ordered was done to perfection. Delicious food, impeccable service. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restaurantnycdinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Friendly, welcoming service and wonderful fresh food. I have eaten here twice and will definitely go back. We loved the chicken and ravioli entrees. The spicy duck meatballs, a signature dish, were not as great as I expected.Special Features:
- Great drinks and appetizersToddVIPDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is roomy but quaint. One of the few in NYC where the tables aren't stacked against each other. The appetizers were a lot of fun as were the specialty drinks. Nice bar and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014I was looking forward to visit Perilla again. To my surprise something must be wrong . While my drink was good , my sister cocktail was too strong. Appetizers were good , but the steak , cod and ravioli were so so solty... I went they before and I love it . This time it was a big disappointment especially to my litlle brother who was dreaming about steak since morning .Special Features:
- Welcoming foodie gemEltooDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration. The staff could not have been more welcoming and assisted, unobtrusively, with food and wine selections. The water and wine glasses were filled promptly, the table was cleared quietly and efficiently, and overall service was attentive. The food was the best part. Inventive without trying too hard, well plated and presented, and delicious. Everyone shared everything because it was so good. The rice cake appetizer and the pork chop stood out but it was all great. And the chocolate soufflés to top it off at the end made it a magical evening.Special Features:
- Delightful as alwaysgeoffrey012Dined on 8/22/2014Dining at Perilla is always a great experience. Both the tilefish and the hake were excellent, as were the duck meatballs. A relatively new addition to the menu was the chocolate soufle; very nice indeed. And the cheesecake was great as well. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- A Culinary DelightLov2eatwellDined on 8/20/2014What a delicious restaurant. The food is superb. I have been to Perilla a few times now, and it never disappoints. The service is so accommodating. The decor is inviting, intimate and relaxing. The restaurant seems to almost be tucked away on a small street. Not only is it a neighborhood gem, it should be a New York City gem. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014the service was terrific. the staff was polite, attentive, professional and well-informed -- and, in many instances, went above and beyond. the menu held great promise. previous reviews elsewhere identified the restaurant as a "critics choice" spot . . . however, the food was erratic, hit-and-miss. a wonderful pork chop dish was promised as slightly pink at the center. it was sent back once for a re-fire because it was so undercooked as to be inedible. even after the re-fire it was so underdone as to be tough, at best -- while portions nearest the bone were as close-to-raw as possible. portions of a steak were similar. quite frankly, there's no excuse for that kind of delivery at a restaurant thought to be as well-regarded as this . . .
- Village dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014The place was one I had wanted to try for some time so I went in with high expectations but in the end we found the food to be good but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningSarahDined on 8/14/2014We went to Perilla for Restaurant Week. I had the chilled cucumber soup, amberjack, and almond financier. My husband had the salad, chicken, and ice cream. The flavors were wonderful. The serving size was perfect. The staff picked out an excellent Spanish wine for us. Just a lovely experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Great good, friendly service, nice ambience. I've been to Harold Dieterle's other restaurants and Perilla and Kin Shop are my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful meal and great servicemandelDined on 8/13/2014This is a small place with unassuming, clean decor and great ambience. From the start, I appreciated the control of seating and reservation times. My friend and I had conversation with inside voices and actually heard each other, listened to the rockin' playlist (Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Who) and, most importantly, thoroughly enjoyed the food. The lobster mushroom and ricotta ravioli was delightful. My friend had the pork chop with fig compote and loved it. We were so full, but could not resist dessert - a savory, yet refreshing basil ice cream sundae. Throughout the meal, all the servers and runners were exceptional - friendly, knowledgable, and very observant. We left extremely happy and look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upEDREDREDRVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is always delicious, artful and excitingly new without feeling pretentious or forced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village gem4everdiningnycDined on 8/10/2014Food good, service outstanding but AC too low so too cold for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and still interestingMrChuyVIPDined on 8/10/2014This remains one of my favorites. The food is always rewarding conceptually, and the care in preparation is consistent. Get a table in front for the best atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarfallonVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food at Perilla is incomparable, with fresh, interesting flavors and beautiful presentation. It's great for a date, a business meeting, a reunion with friends or just a good meal.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!ellenxnyDined on 8/8/2014I have wanted to go to Perilla since Harold opened it after winning Top Chef & we finally went for my friend's birthday during restaurant week. It was wonderful- lovely ambience, friendly & attentive service & delicious food. Highlights were the spicy duck meatballs & the Moscato dessert wine- both were standouts in a flavorful & inventive meal. It was also nice to be so close to IFC where we went for a movie afterwards. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT night!AbigailNYCDined on 8/7/2014Thank you, Perilla, for a beautiful night. I picked you off of a list, and could not have been happier with everything. The meal, service and ambiance were all top-notch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable needs new noise categoryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014what does one say when the noise level is so high that it can nearly ruin the most fabulous of meals? Certainly not "quiet," "moderate," or "energetic." The food and service at Perilla were extraordinary... the farro risotto practically brought my husand to tears! But, we will have to try another night (not during restaurant week) to see if the noise level is less painful... if not, it will be a sad last dinner there.Special Features:
- Fun in VillageCharlieontheflyDined on 8/6/2014Great tuna! Great mussels. It was Restaurant Week and even at 9pm, all the tables were full!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service were awesome. The only downfall was the acoustics; it was a bit loud.Special Features:
- Great !FoodieChrisDined on 8/5/2014Bursting flavors on every bite ! Went dining there during restaurant week, and it was just very very good. A must try . Party of 3 , we all had great food, no one had a complain .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming Village spotangelsDined on 8/5/2014Our restaurant week early dinner for two was flawless. Gracious service, interesting choices, delicious food. We never felt rushed and were able to talk freely and hear each other, too.Special Features:
- LOVE PERILLAtschmitty01VIPDined on 8/4/2014They are beyond service oriented and the food is beyond delicious. I would go for any awesome occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findamlus05Dined on 8/4/2014Went with the boyfriend for Restaurant Week. The atmosphere is casual (t-shirt and jeans ok) and welcoming for a small restaurant. We ordered the side popcorn as well as the chocolate souffle (which was extra), and they were delightful. The food was amazing, great presentation and amazing flavors. The drinks we had were just as good, and this is a place where you can stop by for a drink after work if you didn't want to just sit down and have a meal. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant, and we want to return to try other items off the menu (like their duck meatballs)Special Features:
- sometimes, less is moreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014we went to perilla's for restaurant week. the food is adventurous, and many of the dishes utilize bold flavors. that being said, i wasn't a huge fan of all the flavors i tasted. sometimes, i believe less is more, and i felt like this was the case here. the winners this evening for us were: the bread (i hate to fill up on bread, but this was that perfect chewy crust and soft center), the mussels, the cucumber soup, and the almond financier. my husband had the chicken and i had the fish, but again, the bold flavors of the sauces, aioli, heat etc. often overpowered the dish. so, if you want a culinary sky diving experience, come here. if you're more into more classic tastes, there might be better fits.Special Features:
- itpelawVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food on the Restaurant Week limited menu was terrific. The only slip-up in service is that the cucumber soup (wonderfully spicy but with pieces of watermelon to cool down the taste buds) was served without spoons. They were quickly brought when we asked. Great flavors throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Wanted to try Perilla for quite some time and had usually thought of it as a destination for a special occasion. So during Restaurant week it popped up on my radar and we tried it for date evening after a long week of travel and two toddlers. I loved the service from the front end to the table side. Wait staff were attententive without being intrusive. Ambiance is warm and friendly. The problem was the food. The menu is not a stretch for most NYC restaurant kitchens and had a great choice of selections. We chose the restaurant week menu over the a la carte and maybe that was the problem. The good part was that the portions were generous the bad was that the flavors seemed lacklustre and uninspired. Maybe an off night? Will give another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayLuv2wineVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food was good but nothing special about this place. I went for restaurant week and was surprised by the limited menu.
- amazing meatballs!annaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Came here for RW 14 dinner but ended up ordering from the regular menu. Duck Meatballs did live up to expectations and are to die for! Perfect hint of spice after a few bites in. Also got the roasted duck breast and pork chop as entrees. Loved the flavor combo of both; however, the wine braised radicchio overpowered the duck breast and pork chop wasn't cooked enough (which left unedible fat). To end, we got the chocolate souffle which was every bit worth ordering and the wait. Service was Outstanding! They were able to accomodate to our rush and graciously remade the gargenelli when we had mentioned it was a bit too salty. They did a great job introducing different flavor combos into familiar american dishes.Special Features:
- Good service but food blandEatoutoftenDined on 7/29/2014I tried food off of the restaurant menu and sat at the bar. Bar tender was very attentive and made good drink recommendations. I had the mussels and Tuna and found both dishes to be very bland