9 Jones Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perillanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 929-6868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Harold Dieterle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Perilla celebrates seasonal New American cuisine in a warm environment perfect for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Steinberg 8778753917
- Special Events: Although we do not have a private room, Perilla is available for buyouts.
A word from Perilla Restaurant
Perilla is a critically acclaimed neighborhood restaurant opened by Chef Harold Dieterle and Alicia Nosenzo. Located on Jones Street, a quiet block off of West 4th in Greenwich Village, it features a welcoming atmosphere and exceptional food. The menu is seasonal and changes regularly, but a number of customer favorites remain year-round. Complementing the food is an eclectic mix of wines and spirits, focusing on many smaller producers from the U.S. and around the world, meant to be approachable for all palates and price points. Open for dinner seven days a week and brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. The current menu can be found at www.perillanyc.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perilla Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (111)special occasion (62)romantic (50)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)hot spot (21)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A Fun TimeAnonymousVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is a very good restaurant with ordinary food transformed into something extraordinary. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the wait staff and the intimacy of the scene. FYI, the chocolate souffle is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnercarolkayaksDined on 11/20/2014I took 4 Brooklynites to dinner at Perilla this week. they were able to accommodate a change of time & increase in number, the food was fabulous, & the service was greatI overall, a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic and modern meetchasing2daughtersDined on 11/18/2014Perilla is a rare find. A neighborhood restaurant that is both a modern food destination and a place that reminds me of why I fell in love with great restaurants. The service ethic and vibe remind me of the early days of places like Union Square Cafe and Gramercy Tavern, but totally unique and of this time. I took my 18 year old daughter who goes to school in NYC while I was there on a business trip and will return frequently. The octopus and gnocchi apps burst with multiple but integrated flavors. The Hake and Porchetta entrees were perfect. After we sat down, our server came to take our drink order. I advised that I was going to order 3 courses and would have a glass of wine with each. Without asking, in advance of each course he brought 3 wines for me to taste to choose which I wanted with each course, also giving his recommendation of what would go best with my food. How wonderful. In a time where foodies chase only the newest and latest, it is great to know of a restaurant that meets of beats all on the food front while also having been open long enough to settle into a perfect service modelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food tucked away in the VillagewilsonpreDined on 11/16/2014The food here was amazing, as was the wine. The service was attentive and knowledgeable too. We came straight from sightseeing but didn't feel under-dressed or frowned upon. The budget needs to be generous though as you pay the price for the excellent food/drink. It is doubtful we would have found this place by accident - we had been bought a gift voucher so this made us go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectElisaCCruzDined on 11/14/2014It was a recommendation of a friend and the experience was outstanding. Food was delicious, but the service really surprised me. The waiter who attended me and my friend was really sympathetic and was able to recommend exactly what we wanted, food or beverage. And the chocolate soufflé was the best I`ve ever had. For sure I`ll be back when I come to NY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/13/2014We had a party of 6 and all thoroughly enjoyed. The food, ambiance and service were all outstanding. Be sure to save room for dessert. A real gem and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaterSashaEaterDined on 11/6/2014all food was great but appetizer with truffles was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, tasty, short menutmdonahueDined on 10/27/2014Small place; good service; great food. A little expensive, perhaps, but it is Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treat!KateDVIPDined on 10/27/2014this was our second visit in about 4 years, but we are only in the city about once a year-so it is considered by us to be on the 'short list' of places we want to go. Food was outstanding. My husband's (expensive) appetizer of white truffle mushrooms over pea risotto with a poached egg was unbelievable. Dinner of duck (me) and hangar steak (him) was also very good, but that app was gonna be hard to beat. The portions sizes were large, which was unexpected but welcomed.Special Features:
- A Gem.BonappetitVIPDined on 10/26/2014Perilla never disappoints. The food is outstanding. The people who work there are always welcoming and seem proud of their restaurant. The menu is varied and eclectic, but not over the top. The atmosphere is relaxing and everything is pulled together in a thoughtfully designed space.Special Features:
- luvtodineDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful, the wine delightful, the service helpful and attentive, all in all - an enjoyable experience for all in our party. The hake and swordfish were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- PerillaKahlanDined on 10/15/2014Amazing vegetarian and non vegetarian degustation menu. They also did a version completely dairy free with no notice for a member of my party of five who was lactose intolerant. Great, patient and polite service. All the plates came out together with three waiters and sauces were poured separately with flare and care. A truly great NYC dining experience.Special Features:
- Dining experience of a lifetimeLenoreDined on 10/11/2014Our experience easily made it into our Top 3 best meals EVER. Everything was perfect, from the service to the decor, and espcially the food and wine. We loved every bite. We highly recommend the liberty salad, the crudo and the local corn fritter appetizers, as well as the agnolotti, the pike, the bass and the hanger steak. On top of being succulent, each plate was beautiful. The wine list was excellent, and our server recommended the perfect pairings for our dishes (Cherrier Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc and Grimon Crianza Rioja). We especially loved the dessert wines that accompanied the phenomenal soufflés and chocolate mousse (Moscato d'Asti and Dashe Zinfandel). Thank you for making our dad's 60th birthday such a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in NYC!KellyVADined on 10/11/2014My husband and I always make a point to go to Perilla when we visit New York. We have always loved the food, and always try different things due to the always changing menus. On our last visit we took our five year old son with us and the Perilla staff was very accomodating to him and modified several dishes to his liking.Special Features:
- DavidandDayleVIPDined on 10/10/2014Superior food and presentation. We had been our first time to Perilla's a few weeks ago, and despite not being vegetarian, we were intrigued by the vegetarian tasting menu (unusual for a tasting menu were the pleasantly ample portions). We decided to return with friends from LA in tow and although again tempted by the now changed vegetarian tasting menu, we ordered from the regular menu and all four of us were wowed (again for my wife and me) by the food and its presentation. The pumpkin-filled pasta was a first for my wife and me and it deserved raves. The hake was also delicious and perfectly cooked. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- MarymacToobadDined on 10/10/2014From the hotess on to the wait staff, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. We enjoyed it very much. The only problem was that the tables were very close together but I suppose it could be considered cosy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Fantastic service and incredible food and wine. We will definitely come back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go to when in NYCMEW73Dined on 10/9/2014Service and food was just terrific. Delicious duck meatballs, tilefish and a yummy doughnut for dessert. Can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative menu, neighborly feelWestportAliceDined on 10/8/2014In this cozy and simple West Village space, we were delighted to see that the noise level was not so amplified as to prevent good conversation. . .the tables were reasonably spaced. They also seated me immediately while I waited for my friends to arrive; a far more civilized option than being forced to hover in the entry until the full party showed. Very interesting menu, knowledgeable waitstaff if a little quick at removing plates. All our choices were well prepared and showed a flavorful, creative use of seasoning. Delicata squash and spicy duck meatball appetizers were to die for, as was the hake entree with garam masala that two of us chose. One friend had the tofu appetizer which was delicious but minuscule. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, tasty and comfortableJFK44VIPDined on 10/6/2014A comfortable, long room, decent spacing between the tables. The food is excellent and interesting - more spice and flavour than many "American" places manage. Here the provenance of the food is enhanced by the chef, not just bragged about in the menu. The wines list was long enough and well priced.Special Features:
- Loved PerillafoodloverDined on 10/5/2014My son and I were visiting the City for the first time and we are big Top Chef fans. We were looking forward to eating at Perilla and the experience did not disappoint. The service was fantastic, the food was inventive and tasty. We were in foodie heaven. Highly recommend! For appetizers we had the Spicy Duck Meatballs and the Berkshire Pork Loin, both were fantastic. For our main course, we had the Hangar Steak and Duck Breast, again, fantastic, perfectly seasoned and delicious. For dessert, we had the Butternut Squash Custard and Ricotta Pound Cake. Yum.Special Features:
- Over deliveredMominnyVIPDined on 10/4/2014It was a random neighborhood choice. A first time experience. They over delivered on quality and prep of food, wait staff, cocktails...just fantastic. Delicious. Fun. Lively. Classy. A short walk from home. Very happy.Special Features:
- Worth a return visitdinerpsDined on 10/3/2014Overall, a delicious meal. To start, my appetizer, rock shrimp salad was amazing although I was initially surprised that the shrimp were coated and deep fried, but the cabbage with lime vinaigrette was wonderful. Friend passed on an appetizer, in favor of the creamed corn side dish with the duck breast, which were both fabulous. My porchetta on the other hand was a bit dry. I was not sure what to expect as this dish was new to me, but I love pork so thought I'd try it. I think the outer pork belly had come apart from the pork loin in the center so perhaps it got dried out as a result. In any case, the staff handled it very graciously, which we appreciated. We also thought the wine list was good, and the decor was very attractive.Special Features:
- Every Dish Raised The BarsteveandeveDined on 10/2/2014It's resturants like Perilla that make you wonder how quality control at a well reviewed resturant works... Because every dish was delectable! Perfect spot for a romantic dinner date or a just a group seeing old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- per I liciousMegacycleDined on 9/27/2014Great little restaurant with fabulous food and service. Sit in a booth and enjoy! We had the duck, pork chop and striped bass. Bass was just incredible as we're all the dishes. Get a dessert too, you can't go wrong with whatever you chooseSpecial Features:
- FoodmanDined on 9/25/2014The food was outstanding. There were 4 of us and we each ordered 2 appetizers. The portions for the main courses looked large and we thought it might be too much food if we ordered both. We all started with the pecorino panna cotta which was outstanding. 2 of us had the spicy meatballs which were very good but the gnocchi with lamb was superb. The service was great and the staff very attentive. The noise level was manageable because of the sound barriers hanging from the ceiling. It's been a while since I have seen anyone make an effort to keep the sound level down so normal conversation could take place. All in all a great evening.Special Features:
- Everything a restaurant should beNDAKDined on 9/24/2014Gracious service, knowledgeable wine steward, lovely setting conducive to conversation, and a wonderful, varied menu, all well prepared. The salad was absolutely perfectly dressed - something that is rare - the gnocchi light and flavorful, the fish, chicken, and steak dishes we ordered were delicious and generously portioned. We had the doughnut (very light!) and raspberry sorbet for dessert. It was a wonderful last evening in NYC.Special Features:
- New Yorkers Already knowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is soon going to be gone from the Village. New Yorkers already seem to know. No one but me was in the restaurant for the first half an hour of their brunch time on a Sunday. Even then I had to ask for my coffee and water to be refilled. It would appear that the staff could care less that their business will not survive without service. Don't bother with this has been.
- Good experienceGymSokDined on 9/18/2014Very accommodating - we started as 4 diners, later more family members joined us - moved us to a larger table. Excellent food! Wine glasses bit pricey ($12-15). Tends to be bit noisy. Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumGwenevereDined on 9/15/2014A lovely date location for a nice occasion, the food and service are terrific. The decor needs a serious makeover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!kerrilovesfoodDined on 9/12/2014This energetic restaurant is perfectly sized and beautifully decorated. The decor is modern but warm with big cozy red booths that flank one side of the restaurant. The wine list, organized by region, boasts many small producers. Prices are reasonable with most wines falling into the $42-$90 range. The Domaine Eden Cabernet out of Santa Cruz was excellent. The food was seasoned properly and was delicious. Standouts at our table include the Rock Shrimp Salad, Tempura of Delicata Squash, Roasted Duck and the Trio of Grass Farm Chicken. The corn sundae sounded odd but worked. The chocolate cookies with sea salt that were brought out at the end of our meal were heaven and we couldn't resist them. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food has been excellent every time we've eaten at Perilla; we have never been disappointed. We also love that the food changes on a seasonal basis.Special Features:
- OMG!mangiamoVIPDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated my birthday here; one of the best meals ever! Appetizers were delicious; I had the tofu; my husband had the cuttlefish. The combination of flavors w/ the cuttlefish was innovative & very tasty. And the entree....WOW! We both had the special, a slow-roasted swordfish w/ yellow lentils & spinach in a tomata masala sauce. Beyond excellent! Savored every bite! The entire dish was spectacular - wonderful blend of flavors & swordfish was cooked perfectly. Best swordfish I'd ever had. Chocolate souffle--MMM!!! Loved the Chenin Blanc wine. Our server, Maria, was fantastic. Top-notch service in a warm, down-to-earth manner. She even brought us each complimentary 10-Year Tawny Port. WOW! Cookies...a mouth-watering finishing touch. Oh YUM!!Special Features:
- LITTLE GEMGemma21Dined on 9/6/2014We were recommended this restaurant by a girl who used to live in New York. The trip to NY was for my mums 60th birthday. It was our first evening in the big apple and it was lovely. The food was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We will recommend this restaurant. Thanks guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014What a find! Excellent service and delicious prepared dishes. Return visits are a must!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood placesteaktartareDined on 9/3/2014great food, excellent and original wine list. Manager is the best.Special Features:
- Perilla dining was sublime!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 9/2/2014Each dish was perfectly cooked. The service was professional and attentive. The atmosphere was intimate and you'll enjoy the entire experience! Bravo to the chef!Special Features:
- It Shouldn't Be a SecretMattDined on 9/1/2014It was Labor Day and our few favorite spots were closed (!) for the night and we had a couple of friends in town. We took a chance and booked reservations at Perilla, a completely unfamiliar place. Were we all very happy. Modest-sized, relatively quiet, great service, great food. We could not have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Still as amazing as it was 5 years ago. Great food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eat in West VillagedgpenaDined on 8/30/2014We had a very good time in this place. The food was very good, different combinations of flavors and textures, all cooked to perfection Service was good even though the faces of our waiter was a little bit too serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.