Peridot Resto Lounge
81 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1A9Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Peridot Resto Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peridotrestolounge.com/
- Phone: 4165157560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Runstedler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Peridot offers a variety of catering options for your event. Our Executive Chef Joe Runstedler will create exceptionally delicious dishes to please all your guests. Please contact Nick at email@example.com for details and catering options or call us at 416.515.7560.
- Private Party Facilities: Peridot offers semi private dining options. Capable of seating groups of 15 to 150 on a single of their dual levels, Peridot is the best choice for Prefixe Menus, Cocktails and Hors D"oeuvres or a la carte. Our rooms settings can be changed to accommodate your event as full dining, half dining and half lounge, full lounge with high tops, etc. Our in-house A/V features large projection screens, Audio Inputs for presentations, Teleconferences, Live Eye feeds, and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Grigoriadis 4165157560
- Entertainment: Every Saturday Night come and enjoy a nightclub atmosphere inside Peridot. Visit goodsaturdays.com for more details.
- Cross Street: Yonge & Bloor Streets
- Public Transit: Located in the heart of Toronto, Peridot is located at the Yonge/Bloor Subway Station. We are on the South East side of Bloor St East of Yonge St. When exiting from the Subway, exit to the North Side of Bloor and come out through the Concourse underneath the Marriott Hotel or the South side and walk East on Bloor St.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is located across the street in the Marriott Underground after 5pm for $5 flat rate. On Church and Bloor Streets, the Grace Hospital has outdoor parking for flat rate of $7.50 in the evenings. For those carpooling, Peridot provides a voucher for free parking after 5PM. Ask a manager for details.
A word from Peridot Resto Lounge
Overlooking fashionable Bloor Street East, Peridot is an exciting new addition to Toronto"s dining and lounge landscape. Located at the epicenter of the city's nonstop business and nightlife scene, Peridot plays host to a power lunch crowd by day, and a chic cocktail crowd by night. The Italian-Mediterranean menu offers an eclectic assortment of starters, sandwiches, pastas and entrees to accompany equally stellar wines, beers, and artfully-mixed "gemtinis." The elegant two-story location does, indeed, present the ideal venue for wining, dining or both. From Grilled Calamari and Saganaki flambéed tableside, to Wild Mushroom Risotto and Australian Rack of Lamb, the menu gives old favorites a fresh new spin while creating new classics that fuse the flavors of the Mediterranean with the fresh bounty of Canada. Enjoy the skyline views from Peridot's rooftop patio, and if you're planning a private event, no venue has a more exclusive cache than this one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peridot Resto Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pretty sure their "moltenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Pretty sure their "molten lava chocolate cake" was a two bite brownie from Longos across the street.Special Features:
- Very nice luncheon, qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013Very nice luncheon, quality of the food, choice, however interior of the building can use some work and service was slow,unacceptable for a slow MondaySpecial Features:
- Peridon'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Food was tasty. The waitress/service was lacking (waitress did not know the menu). Dim lighting and awkward table arrangements makes for a blah experience.
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013The dining experience was good, however the process of reserving on Open Table didn't work. Although the reservation was confirmed by Open Table, the restaurant did not have it in their books.
- We had a delicious dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2013We had a delicious dinner. The $35 prix fix menu was perfect; with great food choices and portion sizes that were just right. I was expecting portions to be on the small side (like winterlicious) but that was not the case. Their Apple Salad and Mashed Potatoes were so good. The service was excellent. I arrived 30 minutes early;was seated immediately and offered menus. There were a couple groups enjoying an evening, but the noise level was minimal. We would return in heartbeat.Special Features:
- One time is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The menu changed and was not reflected on the Peridot Resto Lounge website accurately. For a lunch time reservation the restaurant was minimally occupied, (our 9person group and another table of 3 people), didn't give a great impression for an office staff lunch. The food was given an average "okay" from our table and didn't impress us, however the staff were friendly.
- I've been to Peridot severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013I've been to Peridot several times for their $20 lunch special, which includes appetizer, main dish and dessert. The menu is different each time, the options are always a good variety, and the food is consistently good. A great value for lunch!Special Features:
- Overall the set menu I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Overall the set menu I had was great: portion, presentation and everything, except for one, tasted well. I had Chowder, Filet of Tilapia and Donuts. It was hard not to notice the liberally-salted spinach served with the tilapia. It would have ruined the dish if I finished those greens. (Filet of Tilapia - pan-seared tilapia with grilled mini red skin potato, lemon scented baby spinach, roasted top carrots with a fine herb citrus beurre blanc)Special Features:
- Great food and service. AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great food and service. A bit pricey, so I'll probably leave it as a "special occasions" option, but I'd like to go back and try some of the items on their regular menu (we were there for New Year's Eve, and got a special menu).
- Solid performer for lunchjojoDined on 12/14/2012The wait staff was very friendly and efficient - just the right degree of attentiveness and really understand the need to get people in and out at lunch time. Having been twice for lunch recently the food was very good the first time and good the second - it depended on what one ordered. Fabulous Creme Brulee.Special Features:
- The service was appaling andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2012The service was appaling and it took a long time to get our meal.
- Menu was confusing. SaladsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2012Menu was confusing. Salads and Appetizers were greek, however not much in entrees that were greek.
- PERFECTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Perfect. Manager and staff was really nice and understandingSpecial Features:
- Good food overall, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012Good food overall, but the rooftop patio was disappointing. I was a hoping for a great view of the city but this restaurant is only 2 floors high so that wasn't happening! Go for the food, not the view.
- Food was very good and moderatelyThegraduateDined on 9/24/2012Food was very good and moderately priced. Our server was very attentive. There was a private function being held in the bar area, but I could tell it was large enough to accommodate large groups and removed from the restaurant area enough so as not to be too noisy. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- We had the prix fixe lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012We had the prix fixe lunch menu. The mushroom soup was delicious and you could really taste the mushrooms. They didn't skimp. I had salmon as the main. It was flavourful and a good portion, with a generous helping of spinach and green beans. Delicious! Finally, the chocolate mousse was creamy and rich. My friend had the same meal, but with a different dessert, which was also fresh and tasty. I would definitely go back!
- The place was beautiful andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The place was beautiful and the food is amazing. However, there was a lot of waiting around for the food and it was dead when we came in.Special Features:
- perfect for birthdays :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012I went here with a group of 10 ladies for my 30th birthday and was very impressed. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced and the staff were very attentive and put a few late orders through for some late guests even though the kitchen was closed! I would definitely come back and reccmd to friends. Also on Saturday nights the lounge has a DJ and we really enjoyed listening to a few songs with a few drinks.Special Features:
- Peridot: Ideal 4 Girls' Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012My friends and I have decided to designate Peridot as our choice destination restaurant for our girls' dinner out. We get together every few months to catch up on each others' lives and to share a few laughs. Originally we chose Peridot because of its convenient central location, but we come back for the food and the service. All of us love eating great food and Peridot has come through every time. On our last visit I had the braised beef ribs and they were a treat of fall-off-the-bone tender succulence and I couldn't stop eating the sweet potato frites! Dessert, a wicked concoction of pastry wrapped deep fried banana, chocolate and caramel sauce, was a conversation stopper. All we could say was "Mmmmmm...." .Special Features:
- I was impressed, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012I was impressed, the food was very good, reasonably priced,great atmosphere and view.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012Had a great girls night out. Very attentive waiter. The owner is usually present and always spends time making you feel like a guest in his home.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2012Food was excellent, their salmon is really one of the best I have ever tried in the GTA.Special Features:
- The Lunch 3 course specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2012The Lunch 3 course special was a great price and good value. Staff was very friendly and reservation was waiting for us when we got there. Quite pleased.Special Features:
- The portions were quite largecathy223Dined on 4/20/2012The portions were quite large and the food was good. Overall, it seemed like a place to go for a quiet drink. Although don't expect to have your wine decanted unless you want it in a flower vase.
- A Miss.LisaDined on 4/7/2012It was quiet, because on a Saturday night it was dead. Just ordered a cocktail and app - because with only one other table decided might not be such great food. Decor needs cleaning and a makeover. Broken front window at table - just doesn't inspire one to feel owner really cares about business.
- Excellent. Salad was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012Excellent. Salad was great. Salmon fantastic. As was lamb burger and of course Fries!Special Features:
- Incredible food, Adequate ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012Had a great time - the food was incredible but the service could have been improved. Special requests to avoid wheat and leave salads undressed were completely ignored. Since we were on a schedule we had no choice but to eat what was served or skip eating. The food was truly delicious - everyone cleaned their plates. As well, reservation made the day before and confirmed the morning of was missing at dinner time.Special Features:
- If you're like me and yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012If you're like me and your favourite spot is by the window, on a cold day, I would suggest bringing something to cover yourself.Special Features:
- For the excellent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012For the excellent quality of the food we received, the prices were excellent. We had a really great time.Special Features:
- A great and cozy place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012A great and cozy place to enjoy a beautiful meal for great size portions. Excellent especially the desserts. Looking forward to go back for the Molten Lava Cake.Special Features:
- Great address, poor experienceChesareDined on 2/16/2012it lacks personality and felt too cold, both in temperature, ambiance and table setting. The service is extremely cordial and staff is doing what hey can but the place is just not what we expected. I was here before with 8 friends and didn't work either.
- Went on valentines day forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Went on valentines day for a four course prix fixe. The risotto was underdo but food very good otherwise. Excellent halibut and desserts. The back room where we were seated. Had bare white walls with curtain rods - no real ambience. There was a large group party on the next level making the main room noisy. The main issue was pacing of service. Contrary to some reviews the service was rushed we were brought our first 3 courses within 50 minutes! Hardly conducive to a romantic meal. When we raised this service slowed too farthe other way. Nevertheless the food was quite good.
- The food was wonderful, perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012The food was wonderful, perfect portions and tasted amazing. Martinis were fun and the back section was great for a bigger group. The service was a little slow concidering the amount of people in the restaurant at that time. It is in a great location and i would go back there agian.Special Features:
- Food, service and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012Food, service and presentation was excellent. Enjoyed everthing.Special Features:
- i love their restaurant layoutOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2012i love their restaurant layout and concept. the food was so great, thou kinda limited with their menu items, and i love the location. very accessible and vibrant.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2012I have been traveling to and from Toronto for work, this spot was recommended to us by a co-worker, it was a great find. Very friendly and accommodating staff, good food and a really nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- We just needed a nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012We just needed a nice spot to sit, chat and grab a bite on the way to an event. Peridot was perfect!Special Features:
- A great place to meet, eat and chatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011Food was good.....not outstanding, but solidly good. Ambience is well intentioned.....decor might be a little more interesting. Big reason to return - - - it was delightfully quiet and not pressure to move on. Two of us spent three hours eating and chatting wihout going hoarse because of loud back groaund music. That's more than enough to bring me back. And the lofty space was warm and pleasant on the whole - lightign could be dimmed a bit for cosier effect. Staff were truly pleasant. Location is brilliant for meeting friends after work, then going home in different directions.
- I have been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2011I have been here a few times and the food used to be good, but has gotten worse.
- Had a "girlfriends" dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011Had a "girlfriends" dinner and enjoyed it so much, we're making this out rendez vous for future nights out! Excellent daily special and desserts that you can tell were made in the kitchen!!Special Features: