36 West 28th St
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pergolanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2126794842x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nestor Moina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: With two floors featuring a dining room and two lounge rooms, Pergola Restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, baby shower, rehearsal dinner, charity event or corporate dinner we can create a wonderful menu and experience your guests will never forget.
A word from Pergola
Pergola is a Mediterranean restaurant and lounge in the heart of New York City's Flower District. Previously a greenhouse occupied by florist Harry Vlachos since the 1950's, our intention is to stay true to the history of the space using live plant walls and fruit trees. Our lunch and dinner menu feature healthy Mediterranean dishes made from organic grilled and locally sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pergola reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Very lively placeCharlybassetDined on 8/8/2014Booked this at the last minute for 6 people on a Friday night in early August and got a table. As you walk in you are greeted very warmly and overall service was stellar. We sat upstairs to have some dinner and there were large groups eating, drinking and smoking hookah. Music got pretty loud as our meal progressed and then everyone shouts above that, so be prepared to lose your voice. Shawarma was great. Food good, service great, but this is not a place to go for a group of friends to catch up, bc no one will hear each other unless you shout to the person sitting across from you. Music was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but with hookahs.Kngl7Dined on 8/7/2014We picked restaurant based on location, online menu and pictures. We missed the part about it being a hookah lounge. The music was loud and by the time we left the smoke level was increasing. That said, the staff was attentive and the food was very good. The lamb dish I had was great and the ala carte house salad was wonderfully exotic. Because if the noise level we had to cuddle together to hear each other, but that was a good thing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotDellDined on 7/1/2014Good spot. Not a fan of hookas when I eat. But other wise goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatherineVIPDined on 6/20/2014The hookah is weird and the seating is uncomfortable. Definitely a bar scene, not a restaurant scene.
- Great hookah, awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014The right place for good hookah, food and drinks, nice music tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is our waiter?MWEVDined on 6/18/2014The food here is good, not great, not bad, it's good. I think the appetizers are really the standout items on the menu. If I ever came back I'd probably order a bunch of those and call it a meal. The service, however, is awful. They almost forget you are sitting in the restaurant and need serving. It wasn't even that crowded. We had to repeatedly ask for water refills. After they cleared our dinner plates, no one came over to us to offer a dessert menu or the check. After 30 minutes, we bailed on the idea of dessert and asked for the check ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2014noisy and full of a sweet and objectionable hookah aroma. I do not think that it is promoted as a hookah lounge. If it had been I would have chosen a different restaurant
- need to get smooth the servicePhil50VIPDined on 5/4/2014Went there for dinner the other night. First of all, they should make it clear that it is also a Hookah Bar. While the smell did not bother us, and the smoke was not that heavy, I think people might object. We ordered appetizers and entrees. The waiter did not write down the order (there were only three of us, two apps and three main dishes). It took 35 minutes for the food to come out. For the first 20+ minutes, other than give us water, nobody came over to say anything about delays. Finally a manager came over and asked if we ordered. We told him we had been waiting. All the food came at once. It was good, but not remarkable. They did atone by giving us desert on the house.....and then brought us the wrong check.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Pergola reviews archive.
- Big disappointmentFoodLoverDined on 4/8/2014I work right around the corner from Pergola and after months of walking by this place thinking It looked so nice from the outside - I finally made it around to going for lunch with a friend. The restaurant was nearly empty - only three tables were taken and there were about 3 employees. The service was incredibly slow- it took forever for someone to come take our order, despite the fact that I had mentioned my friend had a plane to catch. There was only one person taking care of the tables while everyone else was taking care of deliveries being made - needless to say that didn't help the ambiance ! We ordered the choice of 3 mezzes and both had the goat cheese salad. Nothing was particularly good - and the bill didn't come cheap.
- Roasted veggiesMed87reunionDined on 4/1/2014Enjoyed the food immensely. Service slow. Would prefer to be seated upstairs. Bar busy and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service despite the nice placeFloreVIPDined on 1/24/2014The service was awful, slow, not professional. A lot of misunderstandings and noise.. The place is However a really cute one.Special Features:
- Talk about bad customer servicexyz123Dined on 1/11/2014I made a reservation through OpenTable when I saw a promotion in the AM Newspaper. We arrived on time, I gave my name and the hostess seemed shocked. She checked and sure enough she found the reservation I had made for 5. After hearing her tell a waitress not to hand out cocktail menus since the bar was overwhelmed, she brought us up to the 2nd floor hookah lounge to eat. We asked to be seated at a real table. After 10-15 minutes of waiting and not even taking a drink order, they sat us in the same hookah area on the other side. What't the point of making a reservation if you aren't properly seated? We left with a bad taste in our mouth without having had a drink or bite to eat, and disappointed by the utter lack of customer service.Special Features:
- New to the Northern partsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/10/2014New to the Northern parts of Chelsea that needs good restaurants. Really nice effort, and we enjoyed. But food was ok (not bad), and service very nice, but seemed a bit overwhelmed. Oh, and if you want a bottle of wine with dinner, there is no wine list. I think what happens is that you can get a bottle of the wine used by the glass, but only if you really ask. Great effort, but it's just not there. I wish it were. But go and see for yourself. It was fun to try (once).