Percy Street Barbecue
600-602 S. 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Percy Street Barbecue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.percystreet.com/
- Phone: 2156258510x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am to 10:00pm
The Bar is open until 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Erin O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Percy Street Barbecue
Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!Continued
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Percy Street Barbecue - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Percy Street Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (37)kid-friendly (31)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)special occasion (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Great BBQ spot in Philly! Delicious brisket, chicken and the best Root Beer Float I've ever had. My only complaint is that the tables for two were VERY close to one another. But I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- BBQ & BourbonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Two of my favorites, and they do it well here! My server was attentive, the food was good and more than plentiful, and the bourbon and beer list were extensive. This wasn't my first time here, and I am consistently impressed with the staff who strive to make sure you are comfortable, and you always leave with a full belly! I will be hosting a work function here shortly, which they can easily accommodate with a few long tables, and a reasonable but extensive set menu. Thank you again, Percy. I still miss my Texas home for BBQ, but you scratch my itch every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyKristinelauren987Dined on 9/8/2014I love coming to Percy Street for Restaurant Week. They have the best deal around and the food is AMAZING. I do wish they kept it the way they did last year where you got to choose your meal and ESPECIALLY that the cornbread came out in the mini iron skillet. This year although you got to try more things, the choices were smaller and the cornbread was dry. There was some confusion about my reservation, but it was all worked out so no problem. Overall it's great, I just wish they would go back to the normal Restaurant Week menu.Special Features:
- Great RibstcorleDined on 9/7/2014I had Ribs and my wife had pro loin and they both were very good. I had coleslaw that was very bland. They also had a great selection of beers. It had a good feel of a Texas BBQ in an NE Urban update. I would try it again for a good lunch when in Philly.Special Features:
- small portions at a HIGH priceJoeyDined on 8/30/2014I'm used to BBQ joints filling the plate with food--at the same prices that Percy Street BBQ charges for their plates. $18 for a small plate of BBQ chicken--the chicken portion was small, and the plate was tiny, maybe to make it look like a lot? about $18 again for brisket--which amounted to about a 1/2 cup serving. I might have been fine with small portions if the food was good, but it wasn't. As soon as we got our plates I said out loud, "we're definitely not in the south, huh?" To which everyone laughed, and maybe that's the problem--I just had high expectations for a BBQ joint. I would not go back. Notable was the beer/drink list.
- Best Ribs in Philadelphia!mqqw10VIPDined on 8/30/2014So nice smell smoked foods and beautiful arts room! Over 50 different good beers. Great ribs and homemade Macaroni and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find BBQ in the NortheastBillyDined on 8/29/2014Great BBQ paired with unique sides. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalDesjDined on 8/23/2014On a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives tour, and this was stop #1. Phenomenal service, unbelievable food and the beer list is out of control. Seriously OUT OF BOUNDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just visitingRumrunnerDined on 8/18/2014Sought this place out because of DDD episode. Just visiting Philly and needed some good BBQ. Ribs were a fair amount (5), flavor was outstanding. Awesome smoked penetration and flavor, tender fall off the bone but not over cooked. Friends had brisket, also cooked just like the ribs. On the fence with the apple& ham slice appetizer. Stuffed shrooms excellent. Beer selection crazy! Waiter definitely loves his job. Highly recommend to friends and strangers! CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nilhcocDined on 8/17/2014We went for a late lunch/early dinner (3:30 on a sunday) before a show and it was delish! We ordered the shrimp, pork belly, pulled pork, and pork loin which were all really good. Fries- were great, the mac and cheese, sauerkraut, and red cabbage were all tasty as well. Plenty of food for 4 people. I had a mint julep which was as promised minty and cold! Bill was just under 100.00 so with tip it was more like 30 dollars a person. We were at an odd time so it wasn't super crowded which was nice. As we were finishing they seated a couple at the table next to us and it would have been really awkward if we hadn't left since the tables were so close. Service was good and bathrooms nice, clean. I would dine here again for yummy, fancy BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Started with the biscuits & BBQ fries....both were absolutely amazing! Pork belly tremendous as were the spare ribs & brisket. My only criticism was the side dishes--they were okay, nothing special. Pecan & key lime pies were delicious! Our server was fabulous. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good barbecue, good cornbreadStarvingartistVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food leans a little too much on greasy fries, heavy seasonings . I like meat dishes but grilled carrots etc would have been a nice addition. Ribs were excellent and smoked very well. Service was very efficient and friendly. Handywipes would have been nice after the ribs and fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutelyjoeswheelsnmoreDined on 8/4/2014When we visited Percy ' s my family and I had already had five full meals from previous establishments that left us unsatisfied half way through out vacation, as soon as we made it to Percy BBQ the trip from IL to Philly was completely justified ! Kid friendly , excellent brews and the brisket was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsBloomDined on 7/25/2014The food was great..services wasn't that good. We sat at the table for like 15 minutes before the waiter came to the table. The food was great and I will definitely return when I'm back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & Apps were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent. Beer menu is amazing. Great Cocktails. Appetizers were delicious. We love the BBQ sauce that came as sides but the entrees were lacking - just not as good as we were expecting.Special Features:
- great experiencedjc1Dined on 7/23/2014Great experience, serice was wonderful, can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodESJTVIPDined on 7/19/2014never had a bad meal here, great menu. good beer list, good to great bbq, good dessert,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent dinnerinteresteddinnerDined on 7/12/2014very good food, service, pricing , just wish they offered side with the platter instead its all alacartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillygirlDined on 7/7/2014Some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Will definitely be returning soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ you can BB proud ofColinJDined on 7/5/2014My friend and I tried the combined combo dinner that would feed two. The Brisket was a bit fatty in the portions I got, but the meat very juicy and tender. The chicken was very good and the best part. I liked the pork. The mixture of sauces were good. I appreciated that the hot was not the kind that produced 3rd degree burns. "Hot" needs to allow for flavor. The coleslaw and German potato salad was good. The root beer was expensive for the small serving. Overall, we enjoyed and went away satisfied....because I'm not a 'foodie'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatheshfoodDined on 7/1/2014I was expecting excellent, but got good. And good is good, make no mistake. Great selection of beers and drinks, fun atmosphere. I would say good on account that the brisket I ordered did not sit so well, and I think it was the fatty quality of the meat. Could have been other factors, but nonetheless a good time and a good meal.Special Features:
- Great bbqMikeMacDined on 6/27/2014Great bbq done a little different. Take a look at the menu and you will not be disappointed. Also have a great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not For MeCountryGirlLuvstheCityDined on 6/21/2014The food was good but I've had better better. The sides were very small for the price. The noise level was very high, loud music, noisy metal chairs, dishes clanging. It was impossible to hold a conversation. I only get to Philadelphia about 4 times as year. For me there are better options.
- Good find, even better BBQShanieDined on 6/19/2014Found this restaurant while driving down South St. Service was exceptional, the food was really good and the atmosphere was welcoming. BBQ was delicious and the appetizers were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger lickin' goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day with the two little ones, 3 & 5. They have a kids menu and crayons. They brought food fast, and the ribs and chicken were amazing. We loved every minute.Special Features:
- Kate37Dined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation online for Father's Day. There was no wait at the door and the staff was very friendly. Amazing food and great service! We were really surprised with how fast our food came out! Perfect atmosphere for a Father's Day BBQ! I have been telling everyone about Percy's since this weekend and will continue to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ we have found so farOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014After moving to the area from Colorado, we have struggled to find good BBQ...until now! This was the best BBQ we have had in a while. Its a little pricey for BBQ, but that is to be expected in hot restaurants in big cities. I have already recommended it to friends and co-workers.Special Features:
- Percy St BBQ = A MustChupaDined on 6/7/2014Outstanding BBQ, simply outstanding. We are BBQ snobs and hard to please. Best brisket I've ever experienced. And it was an experience. Go to Percy St!Special Features:
- Fun Place & great foodfoodisfunDined on 6/7/2014This is a really fun place and the food was great. I loved how they fastened a roll of paper towel to the table ! ! You know you are eating ribs with your fingers ! ! Lot's of beers to choose from & my husbands wine was also good. Our server was very friendly and we had a really good meal. I would recommend this restaurant. It was a little noisy for us, but it adds to the fun experience. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a barbeque restaurantRichDined on 6/2/2014We've always liked Percy Street, but we saw it was under new ownership and the prices have gone up considerably. Now you have to pay for all sides. I also noticed that the Mac and cheese, collard greens with ham hock and beans with burnt ends had virtually no meat in them. Also they seemed to be out of all less expensive beers. Only thing they had in cans started at 5 bucks and went up from there. That seems high for a 12 ounce can. The final annoyance was telling us they would charge a 3 dollar per person cake slicing fee for the birthday cake we brought. Seemed like nickel and dimming us on a $200 tab. Food was good, server was friendly but we had to get up to find a server to give us forks for the ones the bus person took.Special Features:
- It's a no brainer--pick Percy!ErinMcCoolyVIPDined on 6/2/2014A relative wanted to try a restaurant that was on the show "Triple D" with Guy Fieri. Having looked at Percy Street's website, I knew we were in for a treat. It also helped that coworkers of mine absolutely love the wholesomely delicous barbeque of Percy Street. Once at the restaurant we received great service for all staff and "mmm-ed" throughout the meal. All of my guests thanked me for selecting such a great restaurant for dinner. I'd like to thank Percy Street for delivering on its great press.Special Features:
- Upbeat, food a bit disappointingNolaDined on 6/1/2014We had seen Percy Street on Food TV & heard raves about it elsewhere. It was a crowded Sunday 6:00pm, service was erratic but friendly. Food was disappointing & served lukewarm, as if it had been waiting to be picked up. Instead of apologizing, server was defensive and stated,"the food does not sit around, it is served as soon as it is ready." Given the lengthy wait time, I am unclear that was accurate. 3 of 4 meals were not served hot, the 4th was an order of sides. Brisket, pulled pork and pork belly were about average, but the fact that the food was served barely above room temperature significantly detracted from our meals. We were too hungry to return our orders & we had guests. Corn bread was excellent. Maybe an off nite?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Celebratory LunchgkfamdocDined on 6/1/2014My family and I went to Percy Street for a celebratory lunch after my graduation from medical school. With the excellent food served at Percy Street, I wasn't surprised to find another one of my graduating classmates dining with his family there as well. The ambiance is rustic, and a perfect fit for an upscale barbecue feel. The food cannot be beat; everyone was thoroughly satisfied and impressed with their meals. About half of us went withe the Pulled Pork Sandwich, which is a BBQ favorite of mine. The meat was tender and flavorful, and the assortment of BBQ sauces to pair with it were excellent. Aside from my wife's pulled pork, this is the best barbecue I've ever had and I would recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014Everything, from the beef brisket to the pickled veg with the pig's ears, had those essential Barbeque flavors, but done up in a professional chef-y way. Be sure to get the Baked Beans with burnt ends - some of the best I have ever had.
- Early dinersPhillyphoodphanDined on 5/24/2014Stopped into Percy St for an early dinner and loved the food! Excellent BBQ, great atmosphere, and friendly staff. Looking forward to my next meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!jpddsVIPDined on 5/23/2014Glad I found this place! Food was delicious. You must try the pork tenderloin! Service was great. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Chicken!JoslynJacksonDined on 5/19/2014I have been craving real barbeque chicken for a while now, but wanted to find the best quality I could find. This place went beyond my expectations - seriously amazing! Just the right blend of spices. Soooo good. And the chopped salad was phenomenal. And so was the pimento cheese. And I hate pimento cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 658 reviews are from the Percy Street Barbecue reviews archive.
- Foodie BarbecueFussyFamadeDined on 5/17/2014The food was excellent. Not only well prepared and authentic, but with creative touches, such as burnt ends in the beans and thin juliennes of granny smith apples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want what they are having!BrisketloverDined on 5/14/2014Dinner envy all the way around the table. The brisket burger was absolutely tops. Beats out every other burger I've had. So rich thanks to the fat in that cut of beef. The brisket sandwich was outstanding with just the right amount of sauce. The pulled pork was another winner. Sides were not quite as praiseworthy, but different from what you find most places. Can't wait to go back when we are in town.Special Features:
- Best BBQ in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014The food is fine for the area, of course I have had better BBQ but not in this area is there any better. The prices are average to somewhat pricey but service is quick and the staff is friendly, I tried the rootbeer which was 3bucks and nothing special. The pulled pork sandwich is wonderful.Special Features: