Percy Street Barbecue
600-602 S. 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Percy Street Barbecue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.percystreet.com/
- Phone: 2156258510x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am to 10:00pm
The Bar is open until 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Erin O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Percy Street Barbecue
Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!Continued
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Percy Street Barbecue - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Percy Street Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (67)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (43)kid-friendly (33)hot spot (26)great for lunch (24)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)Show More
- GoodwenttothedandelionDined on 10/17/2014It was very good. We had good food and liked it. We also had some very good cocktails that were at least as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay awayCookieDined on 10/10/2014They must have got a special delivery of ribs when Diners Drive ins & Dives went there, the ribs were VERY fatty & not in the least bit tender, very very disappointing & felt a waste of money & evening out! Two ladies on table next to us also commented on the Beef Brisket being very fatty too
- Best BBQ in PhiladelphiadwillDined on 10/4/2014hands down some of the best bbq and service is great. Doesn't get any better. The Pulled Pork and Brisket are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerar33Dined on 10/4/2014Had my birthday dinner with my wife and two others, everything went perfectly. From drinks & appetizers to main course & desert; food was delicious. Service was top notch. We were seated immediately upon arrival. Once we mentioned it was my birthday, it was even better; they even gave us a desert for free. The six-pack to go option (with the 6th beer FREE) was a great way to take home some selections from their extensive beer list to go with our leftover food! Can't wait to head back to Percy St. (which reminds me of the Peter Gabriel song Mercy St; so I keep singing Percy St to that tune in my head)Special Features:
- BBQ at its best.GaryGDined on 10/3/2014A touch of the South, on South Street. If you like BBQ done the old fashion way, then Percy Street is the place to eat. There food is never covered with sauces. Just the right amount of spice and smoke.Special Features:
- Very good BBQ, but bit priceyEstroVIPDined on 10/2/2014my favorite dish there is their Mac&Cheese. don't go away without trying it. I've tried for the first time their BBQ fries and that was amazing. They are famous for their brisket but it was too much fatty to my taste. though it was good :) the ice tea was yummi! southern style :) The only disappointment was the chocolate pie (smores) that had mint in it and no one had mentioned it, and i really don't like mint in my deserts... and please bring back the fried green tomatoes!!! they were awesome! overall- very good food, i like this place and will definitely come back, but it's a bit pricey...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Great food, excellent service and extensive beer selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSteelDined on 9/28/2014Staff was helpful and really nailed the food. Reminded me of a southern BBQ. Sweet and tangy ribs and the drinks were inventiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Best brisket and ribs we've had. We made the two hour trip to Percy Street BBQ based on the review on the Food Channel. It was totally worth the drive. The food is delicious and we'll be sure to be back again and again.Special Features:
- more meatJoefoodmanDined on 9/20/2014I loved the brisket but it was appetizers size. It was very tasty but the small size of the plate was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As AlwaysCweb103VIPDined on 9/19/2014Great value for restaurant week. You get tons of food, and only pay $35 for two people. Pimento cheese dip and crackers, mac and cheese, jalapeno cornbread, smoked chicken, brisket and pork, collard greens, apple slaw, potato salad and sauerkraut filled up our table. Add a shiner bock and a shot of bourbon for 8 dollars? I am in. Great value, food is always great. Wish dessert was included, but overall fantastic as always.Special Features:
- Great food!JKBoiDined on 9/19/2014Food was awesome! Nuff said!! Will definitely go back for some of the best bbq the city has to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really gooddominicanfoodieDined on 9/18/2014We went here recently for restaurant week. It was such a great value for $35 for two people they give u a lot of food and the food was really good. The service was excellent, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 9/17/2014Percy St has the best deal for Restaurant Week. The food is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Great BBQ spot in Philly! Delicious brisket, chicken and the best Root Beer Float I've ever had. My only complaint is that the tables for two were VERY close to one another. But I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- BBQ & BourbonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Two of my favorites, and they do it well here! My server was attentive, the food was good and more than plentiful, and the bourbon and beer list were extensive. This wasn't my first time here, and I am consistently impressed with the staff who strive to make sure you are comfortable, and you always leave with a full belly! I will be hosting a work function here shortly, which they can easily accommodate with a few long tables, and a reasonable but extensive set menu. Thank you again, Percy. I still miss my Texas home for BBQ, but you scratch my itch every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyKristinelauren987Dined on 9/8/2014I love coming to Percy Street for Restaurant Week. They have the best deal around and the food is AMAZING. I do wish they kept it the way they did last year where you got to choose your meal and ESPECIALLY that the cornbread came out in the mini iron skillet. This year although you got to try more things, the choices were smaller and the cornbread was dry. There was some confusion about my reservation, but it was all worked out so no problem. Overall it's great, I just wish they would go back to the normal Restaurant Week menu.Special Features:
- Great RibstcorleDined on 9/7/2014I had Ribs and my wife had pro loin and they both were very good. I had coleslaw that was very bland. They also had a great selection of beers. It had a good feel of a Texas BBQ in an NE Urban update. I would try it again for a good lunch when in Philly.Special Features:
- small portions at a HIGH priceJoeyDined on 8/30/2014I'm used to BBQ joints filling the plate with food--at the same prices that Percy Street BBQ charges for their plates. $18 for a small plate of BBQ chicken--the chicken portion was small, and the plate was tiny, maybe to make it look like a lot? about $18 again for brisket--which amounted to about a 1/2 cup serving. I might have been fine with small portions if the food was good, but it wasn't. As soon as we got our plates I said out loud, "we're definitely not in the south, huh?" To which everyone laughed, and maybe that's the problem--I just had high expectations for a BBQ joint. I would not go back. Notable was the beer/drink list.
- Best Ribs in Philadelphia!mqqw10VIPDined on 8/30/2014So nice smell smoked foods and beautiful arts room! Over 50 different good beers. Great ribs and homemade Macaroni and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find BBQ in the NortheastBillyDined on 8/29/2014Great BBQ paired with unique sides. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalDesjDined on 8/23/2014On a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives tour, and this was stop #1. Phenomenal service, unbelievable food and the beer list is out of control. Seriously OUT OF BOUNDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just visitingRumrunnerDined on 8/18/2014Sought this place out because of DDD episode. Just visiting Philly and needed some good BBQ. Ribs were a fair amount (5), flavor was outstanding. Awesome smoked penetration and flavor, tender fall off the bone but not over cooked. Friends had brisket, also cooked just like the ribs. On the fence with the apple& ham slice appetizer. Stuffed shrooms excellent. Beer selection crazy! Waiter definitely loves his job. Highly recommend to friends and strangers! CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nilhcocDined on 8/17/2014We went for a late lunch/early dinner (3:30 on a sunday) before a show and it was delish! We ordered the shrimp, pork belly, pulled pork, and pork loin which were all really good. Fries- were great, the mac and cheese, sauerkraut, and red cabbage were all tasty as well. Plenty of food for 4 people. I had a mint julep which was as promised minty and cold! Bill was just under 100.00 so with tip it was more like 30 dollars a person. We were at an odd time so it wasn't super crowded which was nice. As we were finishing they seated a couple at the table next to us and it would have been really awkward if we hadn't left since the tables were so close. Service was good and bathrooms nice, clean. I would dine here again for yummy, fancy BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Started with the biscuits & BBQ fries....both were absolutely amazing! Pork belly tremendous as were the spare ribs & brisket. My only criticism was the side dishes--they were okay, nothing special. Pecan & key lime pies were delicious! Our server was fabulous. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good barbecue, good cornbreadStarvingartistVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food leans a little too much on greasy fries, heavy seasonings . I like meat dishes but grilled carrots etc would have been a nice addition. Ribs were excellent and smoked very well. Service was very efficient and friendly. Handywipes would have been nice after the ribs and fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutelyjoeswheelsnmoreDined on 8/4/2014When we visited Percy ' s my family and I had already had five full meals from previous establishments that left us unsatisfied half way through out vacation, as soon as we made it to Percy BBQ the trip from IL to Philly was completely justified ! Kid friendly , excellent brews and the brisket was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsBloomDined on 7/25/2014The food was great..services wasn't that good. We sat at the table for like 15 minutes before the waiter came to the table. The food was great and I will definitely return when I'm back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & Apps were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent. Beer menu is amazing. Great Cocktails. Appetizers were delicious. We love the BBQ sauce that came as sides but the entrees were lacking - just not as good as we were expecting.Special Features:
- great experiencedjc1Dined on 7/23/2014Great experience, serice was wonderful, can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodESJTVIPDined on 7/19/2014never had a bad meal here, great menu. good beer list, good to great bbq, good dessert,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent dinnerinteresteddinnerDined on 7/12/2014very good food, service, pricing , just wish they offered side with the platter instead its all alacartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillygirlDined on 7/7/2014Some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Will definitely be returning soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ you can BB proud ofColinJDined on 7/5/2014My friend and I tried the combined combo dinner that would feed two. The Brisket was a bit fatty in the portions I got, but the meat very juicy and tender. The chicken was very good and the best part. I liked the pork. The mixture of sauces were good. I appreciated that the hot was not the kind that produced 3rd degree burns. "Hot" needs to allow for flavor. The coleslaw and German potato salad was good. The root beer was expensive for the small serving. Overall, we enjoyed and went away satisfied....because I'm not a 'foodie'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatheshfoodDined on 7/1/2014I was expecting excellent, but got good. And good is good, make no mistake. Great selection of beers and drinks, fun atmosphere. I would say good on account that the brisket I ordered did not sit so well, and I think it was the fatty quality of the meat. Could have been other factors, but nonetheless a good time and a good meal.Special Features:
- Great bbqMikeMacDined on 6/27/2014Great bbq done a little different. Take a look at the menu and you will not be disappointed. Also have a great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 673 reviews are from the Percy Street Barbecue reviews archive.
- Not For MeCountryGirlLuvstheCityDined on 6/21/2014The food was good but I've had better better. The sides were very small for the price. The noise level was very high, loud music, noisy metal chairs, dishes clanging. It was impossible to hold a conversation. I only get to Philadelphia about 4 times as year. For me there are better options.
- Good find, even better BBQShanieDined on 6/19/2014Found this restaurant while driving down South St. Service was exceptional, the food was really good and the atmosphere was welcoming. BBQ was delicious and the appetizers were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger lickin' goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day with the two little ones, 3 & 5. They have a kids menu and crayons. They brought food fast, and the ribs and chicken were amazing. We loved every minute.Special Features:
- Kate37Dined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation online for Father's Day. There was no wait at the door and the staff was very friendly. Amazing food and great service! We were really surprised with how fast our food came out! Perfect atmosphere for a Father's Day BBQ! I have been telling everyone about Percy's since this weekend and will continue to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.