1345 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perchpub.com/
- Phone: 2155464090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am;
Lunch:Wednesday- Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: William Carroll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms and spaces for your private events or Happy Hours. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Datesman 2155464090
- Entertainment: Pool table and dart board, juke box, HDTVs and a large drop-down projection screen in the dining room for those big games.
A word from Perch Pub
Perch Pub offers patrons a perfect spot to kick back and 'roost', in comfort, above Broad and Locust Streets with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Philadelphia's Avenue of the Arts. With a menu of delicious American-inspired comfort food, Perch is a relaxed, unpretentious pub. The interior has a timeless feel, with rich mahogany finishes and exposed brick and metal beams. In addition to boasting one of the best birds-eye views in the city for people watching, the pub offers separate areas for a pool table and dart board and features additional amenities including a juke box, HDTV's and a large drop-down projection screen in the main dining room for watching major sports events. The Perch has a broad selection of fourteen craft beers on tap, an extensive bottle and can list (104 entries and growing), as well as full bar featuring a prominent selection of bourbons, whiskeys, and Scotches (including house-infusions).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Perch Pub - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Perch Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (25)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I've been here a few times and it's been a great experience every single time. I love the food and atmosphere. Also we were taken back right away with the reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayDrRickDined on 10/12/2014Went here with my family for a pre-show dinner. Nice beer and cocktail list. We were disappointed to be seated in the back area next to the pool table, especially since we heard about the view over the Ave. of the Arts. Food was decent but there was no kids menu to speak of and no attempt made to accomodate a smaller child's appetite (ie, paid $17.50 for a huge plate of fish and chips of which only a small portion was eaten). Our server was nice enough but he forgot plates along with our appetizers and he was not very attentive when it came to drink refills etc. Anyway, the Perch Pub is probably okay for a quick bite to eat and a drink or two but there are way better choices in the area.
- Convenient to the Kimmel.SteveVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Perch Pub was selected because it was convenient to the Kimmel Center and the Academy of Music. The beer selection was better than expected but, over all, I would only give it a middling grade. A little expensive for the food options, a little noisy. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination - but certainly not a "must go to" place.Special Features:
- Great Pre TheaterLindaVIPDined on 10/9/2014It's been several months since we've been to Perch Pub and we were happy to return. My husband and I meet there prior to enjoying an evening at the Orchestra. My husband had his usual double IPA with burger and I had the salmon platter with a glass of wine. I nice way to relax after work before the performance. The food is uniformly good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationBourgainDined on 10/8/2014The Perch Pub was perfect for an early pre-Neil Young concert. Our reservation was at 4:45 p.m. before the rush, and it was fantastic. Our service lady was the best! We will be back in November for the pot pie and Bob Dylan.Special Features:
- good serviceCriticDined on 10/5/2014The service was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was tasty and there was not a complaint at the table. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic pub foodMefzDined on 10/4/2014Easy location for a quick and not too expensive bite. Basic pub food, but tasty.Special Features:
- Love this place!WittynicknameDined on 10/3/2014Perch Pub is one of my favorites in the city. If you like beer, this is the place to come - they're always updating and refining their beer list. Their food is awesome, too, but I always get the scotch filet. The service was friendly and attentive, and our food came out SUPER-FAST! If you haven't been, you need to check out Perch Pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Good food and amazing beer selection at reasonable prices. Not a bad bourbon/ whiskey selection either. Casual atmosphere. If don't want high priced trendy Philly restaurant, but still good eats and drinks would recommend. Plus veiw if broad street unexpected addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night biteluv2dine2VIPDined on 9/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our late night bite at Perch Pub. The baked mac & cheese was phenomenal.Special Features:
- It Was A Good ChoicePhillyTweety56Dined on 9/18/2014I had never been to the Perch Pub before, but had gone past it a few times walking. The opportunity arrived to select a place close by to eat, so I chose this place. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was great, the place wsn't too terribly noisy, even though it was quite crowded for a Thursday night. My fellow companions like the place with no complaints. I would recommend the place to anyone looking for good food in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Steady!SGoldVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and service are consistently great. We're always assured of a good meal and provided with a helpful and watchful server.Special Features:
- KillerDined on 8/5/2014It is not fine dining. I gave my rating based on what it is - a pub, though it has more dining room than pub. It has a huge beer list. Some special cocktails, and a small selection of wine. Fish tacos were loved by all, the mussels were bits of buttery goodness. Everything was better for the view. The room is a big open space filled with light from the huge windows that look out at Broad & Locust. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSouthPhillyLoveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Everything from the food, staff, to view is a treat.Special Features:
- What's your favorite dish?SunshineVIPDined on 7/29/2014Tonight we tried the Salmon entree and the special Mahi entree's and were very pleased. It was kind of slow and quiet. Which was a nice change from our busily paced lives. Our server was wonderful and FAST. What a wonderful low-key, hidden gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Come for the beer stay for the foodLisaDined on 7/28/2014Excellent beer selection and food choice. I brought a friend who had wine and she was also impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than fairAnttheCriticDined on 7/24/2014I rated the food fair only because it wasn't poor but it wasn't good. The salmon was a small dried out piece. The meatloaf was very different, tender but the seasoning and the gravy/glaze were bad. The drinks which were happy hour were good size for $5.25 but weak. Too many good places to eat locally to try the perch again.Special Features:
- lroarizDined on 7/23/2014Dined here before and always enjoyed it. Good food and great service. Excellent choice of beers and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinnercherryd215Dined on 7/11/2014I tried the wake and bacon burger and it was very good. My husband had the fish and chips which he seemed to enjoy. The overall experience was nice. It was quiet when we arrived but began to pick up around 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodAlexisBVIPDined on 7/9/2014While I think that the focus of this place is on beer, they have a decent wine selection and truly wonderful food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GastopubVanilladocDined on 6/25/2014In town for a convention and didn't need another steak place. Just good down to earth home cooking with a gourmet flair. Would definitely return. Good selection of beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no attitudeChaiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Also a pretty big beer list, if that's what you likeSpecial Features:
- The following 318 reviews are from the Perch Pub reviews archive.
- A great find for Theater GoersPerchPerfectDined on 6/21/2014We recently went to the Perch Pub on a Saturday before a 2:00 show at the Academy of Music. Our reservation was for 1:00 and I made a notation that we had show tickets for 2. Our waiter sat us right away and was aware of our time frame. We ordered omlettes, and my husband claims that this was the best he ever had. I had an omlette special and it was very good. Our only negative is that there is not an elevator to the second floor, which we did not need for this visit, but others who might join us in the future may,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perch highluvagoodrestaurantDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Perch Pub on Friday night. We were stuck in traffic so we were late, but they accommodated us nicely and we made it to the show on time. We came back after the show for great cheesecake which was covered with blueberry compote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Academy of musicJeannieDined on 6/19/2014Purchased pop-up was a great find. Frequently we attend shows at the Kimmel and Academy of music and the location is perfect. The food was terrific. Highly recommend the California club burger and the grilled romaine salad although it is a lot to eat. . We had a drink downstairs and then sat at a booth table upstairs. The staff was quite accommodating to our meeting to be served promptly. Overall, it is the perfect pregame for the night of the show.Special Features:
- Try this!GrannyDined on 6/18/2014Excellent location; friendly & competent service noisy at night; more relaxed for weekday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant with a ViewNDgal50Dined on 6/14/2014The Perch Pub sits on the corner of Broad and Locust Sts. on the 2nd floor affording its customers a fantastic view of the Academy of Music and some of the other beautiful venues on Broad Street. Saturdays and Sundays offer a brunch menu with a tasty variety of breakfast and lunch selections. My cheesesteak omelette consisted of fluffy eggs with a hearty filling of delicious shaved rib eye steak, gruyere cheese and carmelized onions. Served with a tasty helping of their own hash browns and your choice of toast. At $11:50 it was a filling and delicious bargain. Brunch menu also offers $5 Bloody Mary's and Mimosas. Perfect spot for pre or post theater events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great service, great beer list, and excellent food! Especially recommend the French burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowgoersDined on 6/13/2014We all had burgers that were amazing. The service was wonderful as we had only an hour to get to a show. The waitress was aware when we arrived that we had a time constraint and worked with us. She was on point with everything from drinks to appetizers to the meals. I would recommend this restaurant highly and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/12/2014My friends and I make the Perch Pub our regular spot when we attend the ballet. The food, service and view make this the perfect spot for us. We are always make the curtain with time to spareSpecial Features:
- great pub to enjoy in Center CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014when I moved to Philly for work, I had to find the gem of center city where I can enjoy delicious crafted beer. My coworkers recommended this spot and I enjoyed it everytime I visit the spot. The bartenders are helpful and know their beer very well.Special Features:
- delightful dinnerlohanDined on 6/5/2014I had tickets to see a play at the Academy of Music on a weeknight, so I friend and I went to Perch Pub for dinner. We had appetizers, cocktails and dinner and everything was great. We were given a table by the windows with a great view. Our server was knowledgable and so sweet. The food was delicious and quick (perfect for being on a deadline). I'll definitely be back soon when I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bengendaDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely early dinner after attending a matinee. Something for everyone on the menu. Great beer selection. We tried some new things. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- pub with a viewbipbopcheerioDined on 5/11/2014Went for a special occasion with my family, Mother's Day, had a choice of brunch or lunch, good selections. Great black board beer selection, started out with the philly spring rolls with spicy keptchup, they were delicious. Then we all decided to have sandwiches, crab cake, scotch filet and chicken italian and fish tacos, all were very good. Service was great and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good family brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Have been here twice. The location is great. We used for a family brunch since easy to meet via subway coming from various areas in the city. They serve hearty American food. I had the salmon crepe special, and really enjoyed it. Service was attentive, and they are not crowded. They have a clean pub feel with walls of windows looking out over Ave of the Arts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pub for dinnerJackDined on 5/10/2014Just across from the Kimmel Center, this is a great place for a pre-show drink or bite to eat. The menu has classic pub fare as well a some very nice looking entrees. The draft beer selection is great. The mussels were very good and provided a spicey kick. We were very pleased with our burger, salad and brownie desert. Service was friendly and responsive but our only complaint was the timing of our food---as our meal arrived about 30 seconds after our appetizer, which made for a crowded table and required some quick eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off day in the kitchen?PoorkwahVIPDined on 5/9/2014The flat iron steak I was served was undercooked and gristly. I couldn't cut it with the steak knife; it just wobbled all over the plate. The asparagus that accompanied the dish were just awful tasting. They were ultra thin and dried out. The Cosmo cocktail I was served was weak and watery. We really enjoyed this restaurant on our first visit but this was not worthy of a third.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2014Wonderful place to go before the theater. Food was really tastey and came to the table hot! Highly recommend it. Only drawback - not handicapped assessible. Has a winding staircase to the second floor so if you have walking issues, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Burgers !!!FrankRVIPDined on 5/3/2014First time here but it won't be the last. Burger was delicious. Wife and I each had one. We each thought they were some of the best you can find. Great place to grab a meal and a drink before / after a concert or show at the theaters on Broad Street or i the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentprefernottoVIPDined on 5/3/2014Everything here was great. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The menu has a broad variety - anyone should be able to find something to eat and enjoy here and our meals were delicious. Getting in and out is a bit of a challenge due to the spiral staircase to the entry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.