1345 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perchpub.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-4090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am;
Lunch:Wednesday- Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: William Carroll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms and spaces for your private events or Happy Hours. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Datesman 2155464090
- Entertainment: Pool table and dart board, juke box, HDTVs and a large drop-down projection screen in the dining room for those big games.
A word from Perch Pub
Perch Pub offers patrons a perfect spot to kick back and 'roost', in comfort, above Broad and Locust Streets with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Philadelphia's Avenue of the Arts. With a menu of delicious American-inspired comfort food, Perch is a relaxed, unpretentious pub. The interior has a timeless feel, with rich mahogany finishes and exposed brick and metal beams. In addition to boasting one of the best birds-eye views in the city for people watching, the pub offers separate areas for a pool table and dart board and features additional amenities including a juke box, HDTV's and a large drop-down projection screen in the main dining room for watching major sports events. The Perch has a broad selection of fourteen craft beers on tap, an extensive bottle and can list (104 entries and growing), as well as full bar featuring a prominent selection of bourbons, whiskeys, and Scotches (including house-infusions).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Perch Pub - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Perch Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- JeffTrexlerVIPDined on 11/21/2014Enjoyed very much as it was quite busy before the Dylan concert across the street. Good food, good beer, nice view of Broad Street and the academy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bar/pub food!146restaurantssampledVIPDined on 11/13/2014good food, close proximity to theaters; this will become a regular for me. my only recommendation is don't have one of the large appetizers before an entrée ... too much food (but it is good!). The entree's are generous and are enough! I have tried a couple of the sandwiches and the the salmon and enjoyed them all. the appetizers are very good (great hummus platter) but are also generous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place -FansofOpenTableDined on 11/8/2014The two of us had lunch - Food was great and service was outstanding. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great SanwichesJoanneeDined on 11/7/2014Lunch at Perch prior to our Orchestra performance was wonderful..Both sandwich selections were hits. Beer was cold, prices reasonable....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at the Perch PubDodgerboy58Dined on 11/4/2014Our first time at the Perch Pub and did not disappoint. We met long-distance relatives there for craft beer and dinner. Server had great recommendations on menu items. If you haven't tried a Wake and Bacon burger, add it to your list. Two at the table had the Grilled Angus Meatloaf and loved it. Large serving, enough for doggie bag and lunch on Day 2. Perch Pub is a fun place and excellent value for dinner and Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Theatre DinnerpmrthirdVIPDined on 11/2/2014Nice place after the show to relax and overlook Broad street, watch the football, and enjoy a meal. I enjoyed their wings very much. Also my party had the meatloaf and flat iron steak. Everything was very good and the sides that came with the meals were fantastic too. The 2 steaks were a little too rare and they had no problem taking back and cooking to perfection. Busy place and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perch Pub great for pre-concertCurlyDined on 11/2/2014As always, the Perch Pub proved its mettle as a pre-concert brunch place on Sunday, Nov. 2. The service was great, with a very sweet young waitress who was apologetic and polite when our somewhat gruff friend complained that his side dish had not yet arrived. (It showed up one second later.) The food was delicious and plentiful, the coffee and tea refills kept coming, and we got out in plenty of time for our concert. And busy wait-staff were extremely kind when our friend acted gruff and "forgot" to thank them for their efforts. Love this place.Special Features:
- Convenient and tastyBarbODined on 11/1/2014We love the convenience to the Kimmel and Academy. There is a good variety on the menu and the portions are ample. We arrived early and were done with plenty of time for the pre concert lecture and concert at the Kimmel. We had the hummus platter appetizer to share and fish dinners. Nothing fancy, just good food. Too full for dessert.Special Features:
- Very Friendly and AccommodatingPerchPerfectDined on 11/1/2014We had reservations for 1:00 and tickets for the Academy at 2:00. Timing would have been perfect, but our train was late and so we were late arriving at the Perch Pub. I had called ahead and they assured me they would do everything to get us served and off to the show in time. We arrived 15 minutes late and we were served promptly and courteously with a delicious brunch and drink and made it to the show in plenty of time. Thank you for making our day in the city a wonderful one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great view!KL1111111Dined on 10/31/2014Came here before attending a performance at Academy of Music. Enjoyed our food (citrus hummus, fish tacos and a French burger). Our server was prompt and attentive. We were in and out in plenty of time for our show. But the best thing about the experience was the amazing view. Looking out on Broad Street and watching all the Halloween night activity was so entertaining. Really provided that festive touch to our evening! We will definitely go back and will recommend Perch Pub to others!Special Features:
- Perfect before or after a showsharadocDined on 10/31/2014We came for dinner before seeing a show at the Academy of Music on a Friday night. It was a perfect choice. The pub menu was extensive without being over the top and everything we ordered was delicious. The teens in our group up to grandma all found something they enjoyed. Good wine and beer selection too. Our server was very attentive, even as the place filled to capacity on a Friday evening. My only issue, and the reason I didn't rate overall 5 star, was the lack of an elevator, and since we had someone in our group with very bad knees, the climb up and down was somewhat arduous. I definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKateDined on 10/20/2014Pre theater, the timing was good, the waitress got us in and out on time. And the coffee was okay. but the California Cobb, no avocado. The fish tacos - very, very hard to eat and not enough food. But the dessert, well that was the lamest. A large, unflavored stale brownie with a scoop of ice cream. there were limited dessert offerings, and this was supposed to be homemade, and if so, well something is wrong with the baker. It was stale, not chocolate in evidence and tasted store bought. A fitting end to an average to poor meal. Will not go back. too many restaurants to make a return visit.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedflgirlinphilaDined on 10/18/2014I've been here a few times and it's been a great experience every single time. I love the food and atmosphere. Also we were taken back right away with the reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was pretty good. I wasn't in love with the sauce on the Pig Latin tacos, but overall everything else was decent and the drinks were good. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayDrRickDined on 10/12/2014Went here with my family for a pre-show dinner. Nice beer and cocktail list. We were disappointed to be seated in the back area next to the pool table, especially since we heard about the view over the Ave. of the Arts. Food was decent but there was no kids menu to speak of and no attempt made to accomodate a smaller child's appetite (ie, paid $17.50 for a huge plate of fish and chips of which only a small portion was eaten). Our server was nice enough but he forgot plates along with our appetizers and he was not very attentive when it came to drink refills etc. Anyway, the Perch Pub is probably okay for a quick bite to eat and a drink or two but there are way better choices in the area.
- Convenient to the Kimmel.SteveVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Perch Pub was selected because it was convenient to the Kimmel Center and the Academy of Music. The beer selection was better than expected but, over all, I would only give it a middling grade. A little expensive for the food options, a little noisy. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination - but certainly not a "must go to" place.Special Features:
- Great Pre TheaterLindaVIPDined on 10/9/2014It's been several months since we've been to Perch Pub and we were happy to return. My husband and I meet there prior to enjoying an evening at the Orchestra. My husband had his usual double IPA with burger and I had the salmon platter with a glass of wine. I nice way to relax after work before the performance. The food is uniformly good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationBourgainDined on 10/8/2014The Perch Pub was perfect for an early pre-Neil Young concert. Our reservation was at 4:45 p.m. before the rush, and it was fantastic. Our service lady was the best! We will be back in November for the pot pie and Bob Dylan.Special Features:
- good serviceCriticDined on 10/5/2014The service was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was tasty and there was not a complaint at the table. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic pub foodMefzDined on 10/4/2014Easy location for a quick and not too expensive bite. Basic pub food, but tasty.Special Features:
- Love this place!WittynicknameDined on 10/3/2014Perch Pub is one of my favorites in the city. If you like beer, this is the place to come - they're always updating and refining their beer list. Their food is awesome, too, but I always get the scotch filet. The service was friendly and attentive, and our food came out SUPER-FAST! If you haven't been, you need to check out Perch Pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Good food and amazing beer selection at reasonable prices. Not a bad bourbon/ whiskey selection either. Casual atmosphere. If don't want high priced trendy Philly restaurant, but still good eats and drinks would recommend. Plus veiw if broad street unexpected addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night biteluv2dine2VIPDined on 9/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our late night bite at Perch Pub. The baked mac & cheese was phenomenal.Special Features:
- It Was A Good ChoicePhillyTweety56Dined on 9/18/2014I had never been to the Perch Pub before, but had gone past it a few times walking. The opportunity arrived to select a place close by to eat, so I chose this place. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was great, the place wsn't too terribly noisy, even though it was quite crowded for a Thursday night. My fellow companions like the place with no complaints. I would recommend the place to anyone looking for good food in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Steady!SGoldVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and service are consistently great. We're always assured of a good meal and provided with a helpful and watchful server.Special Features:
- KillerDined on 8/5/2014It is not fine dining. I gave my rating based on what it is - a pub, though it has more dining room than pub. It has a huge beer list. Some special cocktails, and a small selection of wine. Fish tacos were loved by all, the mussels were bits of buttery goodness. Everything was better for the view. The room is a big open space filled with light from the huge windows that look out at Broad & Locust. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSouthPhillyLoveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Everything from the food, staff, to view is a treat.Special Features:
- What's your favorite dish?SunshineVIPDined on 7/29/2014Tonight we tried the Salmon entree and the special Mahi entree's and were very pleased. It was kind of slow and quiet. Which was a nice change from our busily paced lives. Our server was wonderful and FAST. What a wonderful low-key, hidden gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- The following 325 reviews are from the Perch Pub reviews archive.
- Come for the beer stay for the foodLisaDined on 7/28/2014Excellent beer selection and food choice. I brought a friend who had wine and she was also impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than fairAnttheCriticDined on 7/24/2014I rated the food fair only because it wasn't poor but it wasn't good. The salmon was a small dried out piece. The meatloaf was very different, tender but the seasoning and the gravy/glaze were bad. The drinks which were happy hour were good size for $5.25 but weak. Too many good places to eat locally to try the perch again.Special Features:
- lroarizDined on 7/23/2014Dined here before and always enjoyed it. Good food and great service. Excellent choice of beers and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinnercherryd215Dined on 7/11/2014I tried the wake and bacon burger and it was very good. My husband had the fish and chips which he seemed to enjoy. The overall experience was nice. It was quiet when we arrived but began to pick up around 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodAlexisBVIPDined on 7/9/2014While I think that the focus of this place is on beer, they have a decent wine selection and truly wonderful food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GastopubVanilladocDined on 6/25/2014In town for a convention and didn't need another steak place. Just good down to earth home cooking with a gourmet flair. Would definitely return. Good selection of beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no attitudeChaiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Also a pretty big beer list, if that's what you likeSpecial Features:
- A great find for Theater GoersPerchPerfectDined on 6/21/2014We recently went to the Perch Pub on a Saturday before a 2:00 show at the Academy of Music. Our reservation was for 1:00 and I made a notation that we had show tickets for 2. Our waiter sat us right away and was aware of our time frame. We ordered omlettes, and my husband claims that this was the best he ever had. I had an omlette special and it was very good. Our only negative is that there is not an elevator to the second floor, which we did not need for this visit, but others who might join us in the future may,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perch highluvagoodrestaurantDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Perch Pub on Friday night. We were stuck in traffic so we were late, but they accommodated us nicely and we made it to the show on time. We came back after the show for great cheesecake which was covered with blueberry compote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Academy of musicJeannieDined on 6/19/2014Purchased pop-up was a great find. Frequently we attend shows at the Kimmel and Academy of music and the location is perfect. The food was terrific. Highly recommend the California club burger and the grilled romaine salad although it is a lot to eat. . We had a drink downstairs and then sat at a booth table upstairs. The staff was quite accommodating to our meeting to be served promptly. Overall, it is the perfect pregame for the night of the show.Special Features:
- Try this!GrannyDined on 6/18/2014Excellent location; friendly & competent service noisy at night; more relaxed for weekday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant with a ViewNDgal50Dined on 6/14/2014The Perch Pub sits on the corner of Broad and Locust Sts. on the 2nd floor affording its customers a fantastic view of the Academy of Music and some of the other beautiful venues on Broad Street. Saturdays and Sundays offer a brunch menu with a tasty variety of breakfast and lunch selections. My cheesesteak omelette consisted of fluffy eggs with a hearty filling of delicious shaved rib eye steak, gruyere cheese and carmelized onions. Served with a tasty helping of their own hash browns and your choice of toast. At $11:50 it was a filling and delicious bargain. Brunch menu also offers $5 Bloody Mary's and Mimosas. Perfect spot for pre or post theater events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.