1345 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perchpub.com/
- Phone: 2155464090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am;
Lunch:Wednesday- Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: William Carroll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms and spaces for your private events or Happy Hours. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Datesman 2155464090
- Entertainment: Pool table and dart board, juke box, HDTVs and a large drop-down projection screen in the dining room for those big games.
A word from Perch Pub
Perch Pub offers patrons a perfect spot to kick back and 'roost', in comfort, above Broad and Locust Streets with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Philadelphia's Avenue of the Arts. With a menu of delicious American-inspired comfort food, Perch is a relaxed, unpretentious pub. The interior has a timeless feel, with rich mahogany finishes and exposed brick and metal beams. In addition to boasting one of the best birds-eye views in the city for people watching, the pub offers separate areas for a pool table and dart board and features additional amenities including a juke box, HDTV's and a large drop-down projection screen in the main dining room for watching major sports events. The Perch has a broad selection of fourteen craft beers on tap, an extensive bottle and can list (104 entries and growing), as well as full bar featuring a prominent selection of bourbons, whiskeys, and Scotches (including house-infusions).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perch Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (13)hot spot (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good and Steady!SGoldVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and service are consistently great. We're always assured of a good meal and provided with a helpful and watchful server.Special Features:
- KillerDined on 8/5/2014It is not fine dining. I gave my rating based on what it is - a pub, though it has more dining room than pub. It has a huge beer list. Some special cocktails, and a small selection of wine. Fish tacos were loved by all, the mussels were bits of buttery goodness. Everything was better for the view. The room is a big open space filled with light from the huge windows that look out at Broad & Locust. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSouthPhillyLoveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Everything from the food, staff, to view is a treat.Special Features:
- What's your favorite dish?SunshineVIPDined on 7/29/2014Tonight we tried the Salmon entree and the special Mahi entree's and were very pleased. It was kind of slow and quiet. Which was a nice change from our busily paced lives. Our server was wonderful and FAST. What a wonderful low-key, hidden gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Come for the beer stay for the foodLisaDined on 7/28/2014Excellent beer selection and food choice. I brought a friend who had wine and she was also impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than fairAnttheCriticDined on 7/24/2014I rated the food fair only because it wasn't poor but it wasn't good. The salmon was a small dried out piece. The meatloaf was very different, tender but the seasoning and the gravy/glaze were bad. The drinks which were happy hour were good size for $5.25 but weak. Too many good places to eat locally to try the perch again.Special Features:
- lroarizDined on 7/23/2014Dined here before and always enjoyed it. Good food and great service. Excellent choice of beers and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinnercherryd215Dined on 7/11/2014I tried the wake and bacon burger and it was very good. My husband had the fish and chips which he seemed to enjoy. The overall experience was nice. It was quiet when we arrived but began to pick up around 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodAlexisBVIPDined on 7/9/2014While I think that the focus of this place is on beer, they have a decent wine selection and truly wonderful food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GastopubVanilladocDined on 6/25/2014In town for a convention and didn't need another steak place. Just good down to earth home cooking with a gourmet flair. Would definitely return. Good selection of beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no attitudeChaiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Also a pretty big beer list, if that's what you likeSpecial Features:
- A great find for Theater GoersPerchPerfectDined on 6/21/2014We recently went to the Perch Pub on a Saturday before a 2:00 show at the Academy of Music. Our reservation was for 1:00 and I made a notation that we had show tickets for 2. Our waiter sat us right away and was aware of our time frame. We ordered omlettes, and my husband claims that this was the best he ever had. I had an omlette special and it was very good. Our only negative is that there is not an elevator to the second floor, which we did not need for this visit, but others who might join us in the future may,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perch highluvagoodrestaurantDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Perch Pub on Friday night. We were stuck in traffic so we were late, but they accommodated us nicely and we made it to the show on time. We came back after the show for great cheesecake which was covered with blueberry compote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Academy of musicJeannieDined on 6/19/2014Purchased pop-up was a great find. Frequently we attend shows at the Kimmel and Academy of music and the location is perfect. The food was terrific. Highly recommend the California club burger and the grilled romaine salad although it is a lot to eat. . We had a drink downstairs and then sat at a booth table upstairs. The staff was quite accommodating to our meeting to be served promptly. Overall, it is the perfect pregame for the night of the show.Special Features:
- Try this!GrannyDined on 6/18/2014Excellent location; friendly & competent service noisy at night; more relaxed for weekday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant with a ViewNDgal50Dined on 6/14/2014The Perch Pub sits on the corner of Broad and Locust Sts. on the 2nd floor affording its customers a fantastic view of the Academy of Music and some of the other beautiful venues on Broad Street. Saturdays and Sundays offer a brunch menu with a tasty variety of breakfast and lunch selections. My cheesesteak omelette consisted of fluffy eggs with a hearty filling of delicious shaved rib eye steak, gruyere cheese and carmelized onions. Served with a tasty helping of their own hash browns and your choice of toast. At $11:50 it was a filling and delicious bargain. Brunch menu also offers $5 Bloody Mary's and Mimosas. Perfect spot for pre or post theater events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great service, great beer list, and excellent food! Especially recommend the French burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowgoersDined on 6/13/2014We all had burgers that were amazing. The service was wonderful as we had only an hour to get to a show. The waitress was aware when we arrived that we had a time constraint and worked with us. She was on point with everything from drinks to appetizers to the meals. I would recommend this restaurant highly and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/12/2014My friends and I make the Perch Pub our regular spot when we attend the ballet. The food, service and view make this the perfect spot for us. We are always make the curtain with time to spareSpecial Features:
- delightful dinnerlohanDined on 6/5/2014I had tickets to see a play at the Academy of Music on a weeknight, so I friend and I went to Perch Pub for dinner. We had appetizers, cocktails and dinner and everything was great. We were given a table by the windows with a great view. Our server was knowledgable and so sweet. The food was delicious and quick (perfect for being on a deadline). I'll definitely be back soon when I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bengendaDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely early dinner after attending a matinee. Something for everyone on the menu. Great beer selection. We tried some new things. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- pub with a viewbipbopcheerioDined on 5/11/2014Went for a special occasion with my family, Mother's Day, had a choice of brunch or lunch, good selections. Great black board beer selection, started out with the philly spring rolls with spicy keptchup, they were delicious. Then we all decided to have sandwiches, crab cake, scotch filet and chicken italian and fish tacos, all were very good. Service was great and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good family brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Have been here twice. The location is great. We used for a family brunch since easy to meet via subway coming from various areas in the city. They serve hearty American food. I had the salmon crepe special, and really enjoyed it. Service was attentive, and they are not crowded. They have a clean pub feel with walls of windows looking out over Ave of the Arts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pub for dinnerJackDined on 5/10/2014Just across from the Kimmel Center, this is a great place for a pre-show drink or bite to eat. The menu has classic pub fare as well a some very nice looking entrees. The draft beer selection is great. The mussels were very good and provided a spicey kick. We were very pleased with our burger, salad and brownie desert. Service was friendly and responsive but our only complaint was the timing of our food---as our meal arrived about 30 seconds after our appetizer, which made for a crowded table and required some quick eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off day in the kitchen?PoorkwahVIPDined on 5/9/2014The flat iron steak I was served was undercooked and gristly. I couldn't cut it with the steak knife; it just wobbled all over the plate. The asparagus that accompanied the dish were just awful tasting. They were ultra thin and dried out. The Cosmo cocktail I was served was weak and watery. We really enjoyed this restaurant on our first visit but this was not worthy of a third.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2014Wonderful place to go before the theater. Food was really tastey and came to the table hot! Highly recommend it. Only drawback - not handicapped assessible. Has a winding staircase to the second floor so if you have walking issues, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Burgers !!!FrankRVIPDined on 5/3/2014First time here but it won't be the last. Burger was delicious. Wife and I each had one. We each thought they were some of the best you can find. Great place to grab a meal and a drink before / after a concert or show at the theaters on Broad Street or i the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentprefernottoVIPDined on 5/3/2014Everything here was great. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The menu has a broad variety - anyone should be able to find something to eat and enjoy here and our meals were delicious. Getting in and out is a bit of a challenge due to the spiral staircase to the entry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Perch Pub reviews archive.
- Great Brunch on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I booked this restaurant for a party of 10 for a Sunday brunch and it was perfect. The food was great, hot and abundant. I would definitly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show optionJakabcinDined on 4/24/2014We love going to Perch Pub before seeing a show at one of the Broad Street venues or going to the Philadelphia Orchestra at the Kimmel. It's got a great menu and the staff understand about needing to be out the door for the show. Consistently great service, food and drinks. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay4MomDined on 4/21/2014Perch Pub is a pleasant dining experience. Food isn't great but it's adequate American food. Wait staff was attentive.
- Great Burgers and generous portionsbslp11Dined on 4/19/2014My husband that is a picky eater really enjoyed the burger. The basket of fries was very large and can be shared by 2or 3. Service was great and very quick.Special Features:
- $9.50 for a well made BelvedereMarkDined on 4/12/2014$9.50 for a well made Belvedere Martini in center city. Case closed. Add to that a menu of good pub food at reasonable prices and right-down-the-street access to Kimmel, and I have a trifecta of reasons to revisit the Perch Pub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for a pre-show bite!JeepGuy25Dined on 4/12/2014My wife and I stopped in to have dinner before Phantom of the Opera across the street. Location is great because you can just skip across the street to your show! The view is cool. You're on the second floor and overlooking the street. Great people watching while you eat if you get a window seat. The reason I gave it moderate for noise, is that the tables are fairly close, and due to the arrangement, you can hear all surrounding conversations. Not a bad thing at all! But not really good if a romantic night out or first date is the object of the evening. The food was amazing. If you like burgers, get the Wake and Bacon (see what they did there?). It was AWESOME. So are the deviled eggs! haha. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaVIPDined on 4/11/2014Nothing special. Food was average, it was a bit loud. If you need a quick bite or you have kids it's fine.
- This is a great place forDrJohnVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is a great place for lunch, but I'd bet the evenings here are spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CROWDEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014If the owners took just one table out, there MIGHT be room for the waitstaff to move between the tables to serve the food. We could NOT push our chairs in any further - literally - and were being bumped by waitstaff and other patrons throughout our visit. Food was good and location was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view, great beerVinnieDined on 4/6/2014Our first time at Perch Pub, but definitely won't be our last. Really liked the draft beer menu and how it grouped the beers by type - lots easier to find what you want to try. Also an extensive bottled beer menu. We had the Mediterranean Melt and Scotch Filet sandwiches, which were large and delicious. Perfect. Each came with a very generous side salad of spring greens, also delicious. There wasn't anything about this place to criticize. Loved the view out of Avenue of the Arts.Special Features:
- Great food and location forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Great food and location for events near by. They were great about asking if we were attending an event and kept us on schedule. Food was all great and an enjoyable evening. Will return.Special Features:
- My go toShaeShaeDined on 3/31/2014This place never lets me down. When I need a friendly face and great food with some great beer, it never fails to meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.