448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: 2138021770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
434 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (365)great for outdoor dining (337)romantic (260)special occasion (253)hot spot (209)vibrant bar scene (209)good for groups (136)fit for foodies (133)late-night find (128)great for brunch (113)neighborhood gem (109)great for lunch (79)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Swanky Downtown lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Delicious food with great service! The downtown view was the reason why I came but the perch burger is why I will keep coming back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AtmospheredinequiteoftenDined on 9/14/2014I love the atmosphere of Perch with its beautiful rooftop views. Their brunch time Sangrias are absolutely delicious and refreshing. I wish that they had a wider variety of menu options because it was very limited. I had their Steak Fritas there with truffle fries and it was perfection. Their burger was delicious as well. All the food was amazing, just wished for a little more availability and variety. Also, it would be nice if for extremely hot days that there would be something to cool the place off --- even mist would be lovely. Otherwise, the place is fantastic for good groups, but make sure you get a reservation.Special Features:
- Celebrating our 4 yrs anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014My girl came into town for our 4 years of growing old together and decided to take her here. She enjoy every moment of this restaurant and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but age may be a factor.SavorTheFlavorDined on 9/13/2014Perch LA is a happening place, especially if you are under 50; but don't let that keep you from checking out the scene. The rooftop bar has a panoramic view of downtown LA and is best in the evening. The food is excellent; the Bouillabaisse is delightful and was served with salmon saffron the night we were there; ask for more crostini to soak up all of the delicious broth. We enjoyed our server, Whitney, but there were missteps in the kitchen, three, and one on the bill (my bad, I missed it), that take the shine off of this four out of five stars review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceBelieDined on 9/13/2014Good food, bad service. Waiter most definitely had a bad attitude and was bothered by us. "Sorry we came to your resturant and made you work." Sheesh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!savvygirlDined on 9/13/2014The Crab Benedict and the Burger with a perfect over easy egg on top was amazing not to mention the melt in your mouth Brie! The only complaint I have was that it was super hot this weekend and they did not have air conditioning nor fans and we had to rely on the warm breeze which did not exactly cool us down. The live band was a nice touch, however, the atmosphere Saturday afternoon was definitely a young crowd and was hoping for a more sophisticated crowd like you would find in BH.Special Features:
- Great place to pregame!DodgerfanDined on 9/12/2014Love the laid back ambience of the place. I get the sense that all great nights are started here at the perch. Great food relaxed atmosphere among the buildings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late-night diningaz990tonyDined on 9/11/2014I was in downtown LA for business. Most restaurants close early during the week, but Perch LA was open. Make reservation as the wait list was 45-60 minutes for others when I got there at 9:45pm. Rooftop views of the city, elegant dining, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- ExcellentStephenDined on 9/10/2014Great location, fun food and environment, well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Loved the view from the rooftop bar. Service and food were good. Defenitely a great place to hang out and have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeromanticdoodDined on 9/8/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary here. It is a great spot but I wish we were seated by the glass wall. Yes, the place is great and the ambiance is really romantic. But I think it would've made it a lot cooler if we were seated better with a really nice view granted that I gave a note that it is our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linda vista no centro de LAEllenDined on 9/7/2014Foi uma noite super agradável, sentamos no terraço em frente a uma lareira, a vista a noite é linda e a decoração de muito bom gosto, sem falar na comida que estava ótima e o melhor bolo de amêndoas que já comi.Special Features:
- Great rooftop diningAlyssaDined on 9/7/2014Amazing view and the food was absolutely wonderful. Our server and (what seemed to be the manager) was very helpful. Would certainly come back to this place. If traveling in a group, carpooling is best as they do not have good parking choices. I parked down the block and paid $6. Not bad but wasn't expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would come backmoumoneyDined on 9/7/2014i had a my birthday brunch here and the restaurant was very beautiful. The food was good and the view was equally gorgeous. I'd definitely come back.Special Features:
- Service can improve.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I was a little disappointed in the service offered by our waitress during the brunch time. She was younger tall lady who just was not very attentive. Didn't seem to be in tune with the conversation while we were placing the order. Other than that the place is beautiful and the ambiance is terrific as well. I usually go there at night for drinks and it's a very beautiful restaurant. I just think their service can you be bumped up a notch or two to take them to the next level especially for the prices they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ambienceluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Great place to go for a romantic dinner or a group of friends. Food and drinks were great. The view was amazing for a really nice evening out with friends. Great place to go for just drinks if you don't want to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightAllAboutTheViewDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic view of the city. Made me fall in love with the restaurant. They were very accommodating to our request for outside seating; only waited 15 minutes past our reservation time to get a table outside. We killed time by going up to the rooftop bar, which is a must!! The staff is super friendly and our server was very attentive. Definitely recommend the Fromage + Charcuterie Plate as a starter. The salmon was a bit dry for my taste. The filet mignon was cooked just how I like it. Drinks are reasonably priced. Overall I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Incredible views, charming staffNoMag6Dined on 9/6/2014Definitely understand why so many people have recommended this place to me and family and friends. Truly one of the best in the city, if not SoCal. Other Downtown establishments can take a page from how well Perch handles their customers, prepares food and drinks, and provides A-class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCBBach1VIPDined on 9/5/2014I was first introduced to this place around a year ago. It's a two story roof top restaurant. Their view and ambience is to die for. Their food is decent, though I do prefer their appetizers.. Their service is a bit slow but worth the wait! This is one of my favorite spot in LA and I will always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view and even better foodSmallsDined on 9/5/2014I was a little disappointed that although I made a reservation, I was seated in a back corner where the view wasn't as good and we were away from the "happening" part of the patio. I was also a little disappointed by the service - neither the hostess who sat us nor our waitress were very friendly or welcoming. But I was able to overlook that because my meal was so amazing. I had the scallops (served with a parsnip puree and a pea salad w/ citronette) and it was just phenomenal. My friend ordered the steak frites which were just as outstanding. You really can't beat the food or the ambiance at Perch and the live lounge music was the icing on the cake. Service could use some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionAnniversaryPointsDined on 9/5/2014Took my wife out for our 8th year anniversary. Service was excellent. Very attentive without being overbearing. Great views! Excellent for a romantic night with your spouse. The filet mignon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchclark007Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first time @the Perch the views were amazing. The service was excellent, staff and server were very helpful I look forward to share this experience with my wonderful wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being outdoorssasquatchDined on 9/3/2014Love the outdoor, open air setup, which is nicely complemented by modern-yet-historic decor. Live music and good service add to the experience. Great in the summer when the days are longer. Can be chilly.Special Features:
- Don't go for the food but goSHPIVVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is not the place for gourmands, but the outdoor dining room on a warm summer sunset very nice and so rare for LA. The bar scene was a little bridge and tunnel, but the bartender was showey in an approachable way. The living room feel of the bar area (Soft, over-stuffed couches) were welcoming and comfortable. On the patio, the view was fantastic, and felt like a special hideaway. As to the food, Ahi Tuna Tartare was good, truffle fries were indulgent but worth it, steak was ordinary and the scallops so-so. Pot de Creme was also uninspiring, but perfectly acceptable. So long as you are not expecting blow the doors off cuisine, this is very good place for a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Great LA spot55reocDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful views, just right for LA visitors, the outdoor bar upstairs is fantastic. The inside is quite noisy, the outside dining terrace just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Perch is an amazing restaurant with an great view of DTLA. The atmosphere is friendly and vibrant. The menu selection offers a variety of cocktails, and alcoholic beverages to choose from. The food is delicious. I recommend booking a night time reservation, it adds more of a romantic touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the view!GoogDined on 9/1/2014We'd been wanting to come here for a long time. Great view. Waiter was sweet but ineffectual. Literally the 5th time we had to ask for more bread for our cheese plate,even he was embarrassed. The plate came with the exact WRONG things we ordered and with literally two small pieces of toasted bread cut in half for 4 people. The salads and drinks were good. Entrees, not so much. All about the view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a burden to staffSocorattiDined on 8/31/2014We set up a cousins reunion to take place at Perch this past Sunday. We arrived at 2. We hadn't all been together in over a year so there was lots of catching up to do. At around 4, our first server gave us our bill. $200. It was so beautiful out, we decided to stay and just enjoy the scene. A drink here. A drink there. Appetizer here. Appetizer there. About another $150-200 was spent spanning between 4 and 7. Our service suffered when our orders weren't large. One server swapped us out. The last server was decent but was giving us the side-eye and clearly talking to other staff about us. At 7:25, we were asked to leave. Didn't rub me well. If I return, it will only be for a quick bite. Don't ever want to feel like a burden again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location and ViewsSunnyGirlDined on 8/30/2014This place certainly lived up to the hype. The food was amazing and the views were fantastic. The 15th floor restaurant was not too stuffy which made it relaxing and enjoyable. I would highly recommend it as a place for a date. The 16th floor bar was fantastic, will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Best dinning bar experienceBirthdaygirlDined on 8/29/2014It was my first time coming to the perch! Everything was perfect and wonderful service! A great place to enjoy your birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobbysgirl21Dined on 8/28/2014Food was good but the appetizers came before the cocktails which made it feel a bit rushed and out of sync. Having a huge queue of boozy drinkers waiting to get onto the roof isn't good for a romantic atmos. The house band was good though but we felt rushed out and unable to enjoy and relax. Maybe it was a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindIluvlaDined on 8/28/2014Phenomenal ambience, food and service. The view and vibe is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Beautiful place to dine or get drinks. Fun place to take out of towners. A little overpriced and a little sceney but really fun vibe and they have live music which bumps it up 20 notches in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!DoZayDined on 8/26/2014I took my significant other for a sunset dinner for our anniversary. The view was gorgeous and the servers made nothing but great suggestions in regards to the menu. Filet Mignon was delicious and my significant other fell in love with the view. Highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedjtorr74Dined on 8/25/2014I read up on some reviews before going to Perch and it made me feel iffy about going but i went anyway. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and i can honestly say it was a great night. The food is 4/5 , not overpriced. The view is great and the service was spot on. My waiter's name was Walter, excellent waiter honestly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ViewReasonDined on 8/25/2014The view is fantastic at sunset and this is the place to go for a first date or 100th date. The menu is a bit limited and the food is ok to good.Special Features:
- good food - watch out for beesgreatviewlunchDined on 8/25/2014The ambiance was great and lovely. The food was really good. The service was superb. However, if you are allergic to bees, don't sit next to a plant pot. The bees were moving along from plant to plant and it made me nervous. If it weren't for that, I would give them a 5 star rating on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferJenniferVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great view and vibe. 13th floor is pretty cool. Eclectic scene, with a fun crowd. the top floor is the bar, which was great to go have a drink after dinner. Food was good. Expensive for what you get though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014It was our anniversary and we chose to celebrate here. We got the worst service. It took the server 20 min to take our order. After that, we had to wait more than 45 min for our food. The server didn't once check up on us. And it wasn't because the restaurant was crowded. Each and every table around us was promptly served. Really disappointed especially since we chose to celebrate our special occasion here.
- Awesome brunchlovelaDined on 8/24/2014Everything was divine. The omelets, breads, and coffee. Yummm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.