448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: 2138021770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (360)great for outdoor dining (331)romantic (255)special occasion (241)vibrant bar scene (203)hot spot (189)late-night find (129)good for groups (128)great for brunch (121)fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (95)great for lunch (76)notable wine list (37)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Felt like a burden to staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We set up a cousins reunion to take place at Perch this past Sunday. We arrived at 2. We hadn't all been together in over a year so there was lots of catching up to do. At around 4, our first server gave us our bill. $200. It was so beautiful out, we decided to stay and just enjoy the scene. A drink here. A drink there. Appetizer here. Appetizer there. About another $150-200 was spent spanning between 4 and 7. Our service suffered when our orders weren't large. One server swapped us out. The last server was decent but was giving us the side-eye and clearly talking to other staff about us. At 7:25, we were asked to leave. Didn't rub me well. If I return, it will only be for a quick bite. Don't ever want to feel like a burden again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location and ViewsSunnyGirlDined on 8/30/2014This place certainly lived up to the hype. The food was amazing and the views were fantastic. The 15th floor restaurant was not too stuffy which made it relaxing and enjoyable. I would highly recommend it as a place for a date. The 16th floor bar was fantastic, will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Best dinning bar experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was my first time coming to the perch! Everything was perfect and wonderful service! A great place to enjoy your birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobbysgirl21Dined on 8/28/2014Food was good but the appetizers came before the cocktails which made it feel a bit rushed and out of sync. Having a huge queue of boozy drinkers waiting to get onto the roof isn't good for a romantic atmos. The house band was good though but we felt rushed out and unable to enjoy and relax. Maybe it was a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindIluvlaDined on 8/28/2014Phenomenal ambience, food and service. The view and vibe is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Beautiful place to dine or get drinks. Fun place to take out of towners. A little overpriced and a little sceney but really fun vibe and they have live music which bumps it up 20 notches in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedjtorr74Dined on 8/25/2014I read up on some reviews before going to Perch and it made me feel iffy about going but i went anyway. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and i can honestly say it was a great night. The food is 4/5 , not overpriced. The view is great and the service was spot on. My waiter's name was Walter, excellent waiter honestly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ViewReasonDined on 8/25/2014The view is fantastic at sunset and this is the place to go for a first date or 100th date. The menu is a bit limited and the food is ok to good.Special Features:
- good food - watch out for beesgreatviewlunchDined on 8/25/2014The ambiance was great and lovely. The food was really good. The service was superb. However, if you are allergic to bees, don't sit next to a plant pot. The bees were moving along from plant to plant and it made me nervous. If it weren't for that, I would give them a 5 star rating on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferJenniferDined on 8/24/2014Great view and vibe. 13th floor is pretty cool. Eclectic scene, with a fun crowd. the top floor is the bar, which was great to go have a drink after dinner. Food was good. Expensive for what you get though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014It was our anniversary and we chose to celebrate here. We got the worst service. It took the server 20 min to take our order. After that, we had to wait more than 45 min for our food. The server didn't once check up on us. And it wasn't because the restaurant was crowded. Each and every table around us was promptly served. Really disappointed especially since we chose to celebrate our special occasion here.
- Awesome brunchlovelaDined on 8/24/2014Everything was divine. The omelets, breads, and coffee. Yummm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleIrisLA1Dined on 8/23/2014I had a reservation and I was sat down at the wrong table. The waitress came up to us with the other party and asked us very loudly, why were we sitting there. I informed her that we were sat down by the host and she asked us to get up and let the other party sit down. I was humiliated and so embarassed, everyone was looking at us get up. The manager came up to us and apologized and we had to wait and stand around for another 30 minutes before they found another table for us. They original waitress was very rude and it was very disresoectful how we were asked to move. We had a dinner bill of almost $300, it is not a cheap place, but we were treated like so.Special Features:
- SanDimas2Dined on 8/22/2014Terrific place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Manager Nick was most accommodating and knowledgeable on their Scotch offerings.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Entering into the building of Perch you are right away welcomed and led to the elevator which takes you to the top. There are staff everywhere to help you and direct you. The view from any seat is amazing and the food came quicker than I thought. I went to Perch for lunch and I will was so pleased with the sandwich I ordered. It was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Made reservations just over a week, had requested and hoping for outside patio seating and nothing would had to wait another 30 minutes for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just experiencing downtown LAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Joel the bartender and servers at our table were amazing. It was entirely too hot but we pushed though. I wish there was more organization when it came to the 5 o'clock hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!RuuuulalaDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful setting - amazing skyline! Great live music and food! We got seated about 45 minutes after our reservation but they did offer us free champagne while we waited. Waiter forgot a side dish (and didn't comp it) but it was worth the wait! Overall, great night and hospitable management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, great bistro foodangeleno89Dined on 8/18/2014Came here for lunch on a Monday with some folks from out of town. A great place for reliably good bistro-type French food, unusual and beautiful ambience, on the 15th floor of an old building overlooking Pershing Square. A nice spot for a get together with friends! Service was very friendly and attentive, not obtrusive. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Champagne BrunchMalik007Dined on 8/17/2014I've been a a couple times and it has instantly become one of my favorite brunch places in Los Angeles. Great food: Truffle fries and French toast are amazing; Great views; Great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lov2Dined on 8/17/2014I went with coworkers for happy hour last month was inspried to bring a friend for birthday brunch. I love it! fodd and service the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in LA!chefgearyDined on 8/15/2014We arrived early to have drinks on the upper floor. 1/3 was reserved for a private party which they should really do only on weekdays as the place was limited of compactly. Even with dining reservations we had to wait to go upstairs. Food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and great service.SteveMarketDined on 8/15/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday/our anniversary and we had a great experience. I booked a reservation using OpenTable for the first time and it was incredibly helpful. They got all of my special requests and gave us a great seat with an excellent view. I would totally recommend going here and booking through OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - #1ThanksVIPDined on 8/15/2014Only comment from my European visitors - great view, great food, but a little crazy that you pay for olives with your aperoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy...DTLAattorneyDined on 8/15/2014The food is great. The indoor dining/bar area is like visiting with your doting rich aunt who lives in Paris. The outdoor dining area has a glamorous view of the DTLA skyline. The wait staff is good and jolly. The restaurant gets crowded but not claustrophobic or noisy.Special Features:
- awesome view of downtownjohar744Dined on 8/14/2014Not only the food is great, but the scene and view from the rooftop is spectacular. The bar area is very ample and the service is amazing. We went for an special occasion and we got a nice romantic table apartbfrok the crowd. There was live band playing great soul and jazz musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a special occasiontapatiomanDined on 8/14/2014The Happy Hour menu is pretty good. They have a full bar and the scene around sunset is really nice. Very romantic with an excellent view of dtla. Roof top bar is Def a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown GemShiSoFreshDined on 8/13/2014Great venue for groups, loved the dining room style tables and the coziness of the restaurant. But although it had a cozy feel, there was a very hip vibe! Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPerchPerfectDined on 8/11/2014Had heard about Perch from a discerning friend so had bday dinner: great rooftop bar set up with decent drink pricing; great seating arrangements in actual restaurant downstairs, inside and out...service spot on and food amazing...can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- PleasedatperchDined on 8/11/2014A fabulous evening was had with attentive waitstaff, great and original menu selections and the roof top bar at the end of the evening was wonderful!Special Features:
- Best restaurantlordaz25Dined on 8/10/2014Went for my one year anniversary and I couldn't be happier the food was amazing and the view at night was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I Expected (In a Good Way)VAboyDined on 8/10/2014Was looking for a rooftop restaurant in downtown LA on the internet and happened to encounter Perch. Was pleased I chose this little spot. Getting to the restaurant felt like a spy movie with the elevator rides and dark rooms. Their french toast is amazing! Perfectly cooked and lightly sweetened with fresh raspberries, strawberries, & blueberries. I paired it with a mimosa which was ok and nothing special. I was surprised that the majority of the people dining their wore a more casual dress code for a fine restaurant like this. Some advice: Go on Sunday afternoons. They have a live jazz band. They didn't play too loud that it distracted from the experience. They sounded pretty great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Horrible food and service!!!! Nice view and good for drinks only!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC VIEWSuperChickDined on 8/9/2014You come here specifically for the view and drinks. The food is just OK. My date and both had the filet and the quality wasn't there. It wasn't as tender as it should have been for "medium" doneness. The bordelaise sauce was great though. The sliced fingerling potatoes and asparagus were good. We shared the almond cake that came with a scoop of ice cream and sliced fresh fruit. The almond cake was too dry and gritty tasting (maybe too many crushed almonds and it wasn't moist enough). Hmmm, that dish needs to be rethought. I read other reviews and they suggested dining on the patio, which was a great suggestion. The rooftop bar was super impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown treasureKuhnahpeeDined on 8/9/2014Chose Perch for my birthday celebration and they rocked it. 11 of us dined and they customized a fixed price menu which was both elegant and efficient. The staff was incredibly professional. No detail left unnoticed. And of course the view is breathtaking. I will come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitagyDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went here first time for our 17th anniversary and we loved it!!!! Excellent place, very lively, romantic, great views, great food and drinks. I was pleased with their service, big smiles and very friendly:))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014This place was recommended by a co-worker and my husband decided to take me for my bday. What an amazing experience! The view was spectacular, the ambience lovely and the food was out of this world. I expected mediocre food because I thought the main focus would be the view and the overall feel of the place. Boy was I wrong and pleasantly surprised. The braised short ribs just melted in your mouth and the bread pudding was the perfect dessert. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- What a surprise!evieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Friends from out of town told me about this - don't remember seeing anything about Perch. So glad we went. It's lovely to sit outside. and the live music was also nice - not too loud, good background so we could still talkSpecial Features:
- excellent food and servicelafoodieDined on 8/5/2014Came here to celebrate an anniversary and I loved it. Very romantic and the viewof downtown is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachelluvViews22Dined on 8/5/2014The dining experience at Perch LA was fantastic! Starting from the overall friendliness from the person who called me to every person we encountered who made sure our experience was enjoyable. The food was very tasty and well plated. No doubt the VIEW steals the show! Pure class. Most important, I felt that the restaurant is not pretentious. The experience at Perch LA is a classy, relaxed and friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.