448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: 2138021770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
454 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (380)great for outdoor dining (353)special occasion (266)romantic (265)hot spot (223)vibrant bar scene (214)fit for foodies (144)good for groups (140)late-night find (133)neighborhood gem (121)great for brunch (114)great for lunch (84)notable wine list (37)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Awesome view, nice music, good foodMellanDined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful dinner at this great location. The view is great and I loved the live music along with my wonderful dinner! Really recommend the chocolate pot du creme!Special Features:
- los angeles delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Reading some other reviews I was a bit worried. Many places in l.a. you will get service with an attitude As expected the server took a while to take our order and took a while to bring the food, but thats a good thing. I hoped for that so I had time to speak one on one with my date and take in the view. I was worried the waiter would be rude and the food would be mediocre, but everyone was super nice and respectful. The food was strong and exquisite with a good presentation. Mind the price and its nothing but a good time at perch. It was a bit louder than I expected, but still a nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Perch is a great spot DTLA to dine with a breath taking view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATBLUETRONIKDined on 9/27/2014GOOD SERVICE, THE SERVERS WERE GOOD, FOOD WAS GOOD, ROOFTOP ACCESS WAS GOOD THANKS!Special Features:
- One Big Problem...dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 9/26/2014All things were perfect except: On my Open Table reservation request - I specifically asked for a romantic table that would allow for talking - so in as quiet a location as possible. Clearly, they either didn't read the comment or worse - they totally ignored the request. We were placed in the middle of the restaurant - immediately (1 foot) next to speakers that transmitted the live entertainment. A perfectly wrong placement. But otherwise - everything was wonderful.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceInspiredByFoodDined on 9/25/2014Our server took 15 minutes to deliver our first drink and completely forgot to put in our appetizer order. He checked on us one time during the whole meal - we had to flag him down to order our second round of drinks and then he brought them to us AFTER WE ATE OUR DINNER. Mind you, this was not a Friday at 8pm reservation. This was Wednesday night at 10pm. The service should not have been so poor for the price of our meal.Special Features:
- AAAADined on 9/25/2014I like Perch and I've been there several times. Last time I had the worst customer service experience ever. I had special guests from Europe and was trying to take them to the place so they can enjoy. Unfortunately we didn't, because first of all they made us wait 15 min, they didn't accomodate us in the patio, the host was extremely rude and not profecional. By the way I was supposed to go there the next day too, but I canceled reservation..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundAnaVVIPDined on 9/25/2014Service was outstanding, the ambiance didnt fall short. Great entertainment. The manager is a gem. Restaurant was busy and even so, our server always checked in to chat and was on top of our drink orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotAfricaOneDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the view from the top. Great vibe of people.Special Features:
- Service not includedcurious1VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been to Perch a few time and it is a consistent disappointment in the service department. The well meaning staff seem not have been trained or managed well. They are disorganized, are not detail oriented and bring down what could be an extraordinary experience. We were a party of five that were seated at a table with four chairs - after asking 3 times we went and borrowed one from another table and carried it over ourselves. Our order, from the drinks to the entrees were confused and either late or forgotten completely. This matches my other experiences there - not sure that we'll be back any time soon except for drinks upstairs.Special Features:
- Table with no viewChrisDined on 9/24/2014We went to Perch with some friends for a business dinner. We set up the reservation a week in advance and specifically asked for a patio table. Yet, when we show up, they say it is an hour wait for the patio table. Further, they tell us that they do not reserve patio tables. DO NOT WASTE your time. Go to someplace that actually reserves the tables you request and will sit you were you request. The food was so-so. The waiter was good. Will not come again.
- Amazing!Val1Dined on 9/22/2014I went to the restaurant at dinner time with my close friend to catch up., it was completely amazing. I reccommend getting an outdoor table, its a wonderful view. I ordered the steak frites and it was delicious. The workers were very kind, I never had an empty cup of water. Overall, it was wonderful! I reccommed dining at the perch at least once in your lifetime. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BrunchDazedforDayz09Dined on 9/21/2014I love coming here for brunch. Make sure that you make a reservation. The french toast and the huevos rancheros are delicious. Don't forget to order a pitcher of sangria.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014They were incredibly helpful and kind on my 21st birthday. They made it very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great view and ambienceVeggieHunterDined on 9/21/2014The staff members were courteous and never gave any pressure and made the entire experience a notably enjoyable one. I highly recommend taking someone here regardless of whether they are new to the area, regulars, or anything in between. Good options for vegetarians too, but will be tougher for a vegan. Food tastes great in my opinion, especially the French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and easyCVATDined on 9/20/2014Had an early dinner on a very clear afternoon/early evening in LA. The setting was the real winner and it seemed it would be a good place to go to for an evening drink. The food was good but not necessarily inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014We knew this place would be a bit of a scene, and were pleasantly surprised that the food was very good. It was unfortunate that although we had a reservation we still had to wait 25 minutes to be seated. The kitchen must have been backed up because we waited much longer than would be deemed acceptable to get our food; especially for lunch/brunch on a Saturday at 2:00. The outdoor scene with live music is great for a weekend lunch.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Not since the downtown Standard have I gotten to sit and have a meal with a view like this. The food was also excellent, our waiter took amazing care of us and the trio playing music was perfect. By the time we left at 11:30 the place was full of "kids" out for a Friday night and there was a line down the block of them waiting to get in. Go early and make sure you reserve a table on the terrace.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!DannyE27Dined on 9/18/2014Everything was sooo good and great... Food was delicious and service was outstanding. Loved it! I would definitely recomend anyone to go there... Maybe a more extensive food selection on the menu but overall definitely a must go to spot if anyone is in the LA area for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My anniversary at Perch.LovedtheviewDined on 9/18/2014We went here for our four year wedding anniversary dinner and we're not disappointed. The rooftop bar is amazing ( the drinks are excellent) and the views and ambiance incredible. Then we had dinner at the restaurant (outside on the patio overlooking Pershing square). It was amazing. The band was perfect to match the romantic ambiance. The food and service we're really great. I loved the French design of the place. The skewers starter was really excellent and the French Maid cocktail was one of the best I've had. The only small thing was that we had to wait 40 minutes for a patio table dispute reservation... But the hostess and waiters completely made up for that ( they were just crazy busy). Overall fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food mediocre servicepoorserviceDined on 9/18/2014We arrived at were sat at our table promptly. It then took 10 minutes for our waitress to arrive. When we ordered our drinks the waitress brought out a substitute beer for what we had ordered. They were out of the beer we ordered. It would have been nice if she had asked before serving the wrong drinks! It took another 10 minutes for her to take our orders. Maybe she thought we were trying to take in the view. Great food mediocre service.Special Features:
- A Night after the OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My girlfriend and I wanted something eclectic and charming after coming from the performance of "La Traviata" at DCP. Our options were limited on a Wednesday night. So, before we went to our show, I made reservations Perch LA. I had never been here and only found it through an engine check of great places to eat with a view. The host was very accommodating and brought us to our reserved table. The menu we saw online had changed to the late night selection menu (I was a little bummed about that) and we made our selections. I ordered a pilsner on tap and she a glass of wine and 4 separate dishes we shared. Brussels sprouts & aritichokes is a must try. We had a lovely night. The view and service was amazing. Definitely coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great ambience, food was good. Live music was great, although it made it kind of hard to hear conversations. Servers kept checking on us.Special Features:
- favoritefareDined on 9/17/2014Perch is a gift to Los Angeles…fine dining, impeccable service and amazing city views. Old world ambiance meets contemporary tastes in this downtown treasure. The live music is among the best you'll find anywhere in LA and still allows for easy table conversation. The perfect reservation for your special occasion, business dinner or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky Downtown lunch spotPadudlesDined on 9/16/2014Delicious food with great service! The downtown view was the reason why I came but the perch burger is why I will keep coming back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AtmospheredinequiteoftenDined on 9/14/2014I love the atmosphere of Perch with its beautiful rooftop views. Their brunch time Sangrias are absolutely delicious and refreshing. I wish that they had a wider variety of menu options because it was very limited. I had their Steak Fritas there with truffle fries and it was perfection. Their burger was delicious as well. All the food was amazing, just wished for a little more availability and variety. Also, it would be nice if for extremely hot days that there would be something to cool the place off --- even mist would be lovely. Otherwise, the place is fantastic for good groups, but make sure you get a reservation.Special Features:
- Celebrating our 4 yrs anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014My girl came into town for our 4 years of growing old together and decided to take her here. She enjoy every moment of this restaurant and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but age may be a factor.SavorTheFlavorDined on 9/13/2014Perch LA is a happening place, especially if you are under 50; but don't let that keep you from checking out the scene. The rooftop bar has a panoramic view of downtown LA and is best in the evening. The food is excellent; the Bouillabaisse is delightful and was served with salmon saffron the night we were there; ask for more crostini to soak up all of the delicious broth. We enjoyed our server, Whitney, but there were missteps in the kitchen, three, and one on the bill (my bad, I missed it), that take the shine off of this four out of five stars review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceBelieDined on 9/13/2014Good food, bad service. Waiter most definitely had a bad attitude and was bothered by us. "Sorry we came to your resturant and made you work." Sheesh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!savvygirlDined on 9/13/2014The Crab Benedict and the Burger with a perfect over easy egg on top was amazing not to mention the melt in your mouth Brie! The only complaint I have was that it was super hot this weekend and they did not have air conditioning nor fans and we had to rely on the warm breeze which did not exactly cool us down. The live band was a nice touch, however, the atmosphere Saturday afternoon was definitely a young crowd and was hoping for a more sophisticated crowd like you would find in BH.Special Features:
- Great place to pregame!DodgerfanDined on 9/12/2014Love the laid back ambience of the place. I get the sense that all great nights are started here at the perch. Great food relaxed atmosphere among the buildings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late-night diningaz990tonyDined on 9/11/2014I was in downtown LA for business. Most restaurants close early during the week, but Perch LA was open. Make reservation as the wait list was 45-60 minutes for others when I got there at 9:45pm. Rooftop views of the city, elegant dining, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- ExcellentStephenDined on 9/10/2014Great location, fun food and environment, well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Loved the view from the rooftop bar. Service and food were good. Defenitely a great place to hang out and have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeromanticdoodDined on 9/8/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary here. It is a great spot but I wish we were seated by the glass wall. Yes, the place is great and the ambiance is really romantic. But I think it would've made it a lot cooler if we were seated better with a really nice view granted that I gave a note that it is our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linda vista no centro de LAEllenDined on 9/7/2014Foi uma noite super agradável, sentamos no terraço em frente a uma lareira, a vista a noite é linda e a decoração de muito bom gosto, sem falar na comida que estava ótima e o melhor bolo de amêndoas que já comi.Special Features:
- Great rooftop diningAlyssaDined on 9/7/2014Amazing view and the food was absolutely wonderful. Our server and (what seemed to be the manager) was very helpful. Would certainly come back to this place. If traveling in a group, carpooling is best as they do not have good parking choices. I parked down the block and paid $6. Not bad but wasn't expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would come backmoumoneyDined on 9/7/2014i had a my birthday brunch here and the restaurant was very beautiful. The food was good and the view was equally gorgeous. I'd definitely come back.Special Features:
- Service can improve.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I was a little disappointed in the service offered by our waitress during the brunch time. She was younger tall lady who just was not very attentive. Didn't seem to be in tune with the conversation while we were placing the order. Other than that the place is beautiful and the ambiance is terrific as well. I usually go there at night for drinks and it's a very beautiful restaurant. I just think their service can you be bumped up a notch or two to take them to the next level especially for the prices they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ambienceluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Great place to go for a romantic dinner or a group of friends. Food and drinks were great. The view was amazing for a really nice evening out with friends. Great place to go for just drinks if you don't want to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.