448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: 2138021770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
471 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (394)great for outdoor dining (371)romantic (282)special occasion (282)hot spot (241)vibrant bar scene (227)fit for foodies (156)good for groups (147)late-night find (146)neighborhood gem (135)great for brunch (109)great for lunch (83)notable wine list (41)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I arrived and my name wasn't on the list but I received a comformation call a day before. It was fine we were able to get a table. Other then that it was amazing! Service and food were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The restaurant's location is just wonderful and we were impressed to begin with. However, the service was extremely poor. I don't mind slow service but I do dislike poor service. The starter was badly cooked (pastry undercooked. My husband's main course (bouillabaisse) was good as was my steak but the accompanying vegetables were nothing special. Wine was good and reasonably placed.Special Features:
- Snobbish staffNjoygoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014I booked this place for my daughter's birthday. Upon arrival, we were told we couldn't be seated until the whole party of 4 was present (1 person on her way). Once seated the sun was shinning on my face so, I asked to be moved and the black maître d' was annoyed. The blond waitress was not friendly at all and only came a couple of times to check on us. Food was good. When finished, she just brought the check WITHOUT acknowledging the main reason: my daughter's birthday celebration. I has to remind her and she brought a dry almond cake that wasn't even good. Needless to say, a tip was not earned.Special Features:
- A nice place with good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My friend came to visit form out of town and I wanted to bring him somewhere special. We had a really nice time at Perch. We had to wait a long time to be seated, especially since we had a reservation, which was disappointing. There was some live music that was really nice to wait to though. The view was great and the food was wonderful. The service was good and our server polite. The manager, Mario, is really wonderful. In the end, my friend was really happy and had a good time, so that's what really matters. Thank you Perch.Special Features:
- gnosloracDined on 10/19/2014Been here numerous times for late night drinking. Today was my first time having brunch here. Hosts were very professional and gave a great first impression of the establishment. However, once seated it took a while to be served as they seemed understaff. It seems like people come here more for the venue than the ok food and fair service which they can get away with. Live jazz music was very lovely. Overall, I had a good time but this place is not meeting its potential. With better service, this could easily be a place I can come to regularly as I live just two blocks away. But i'll just save it for times when i'm hosting guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Match the View!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014We both had great mains - but the sides are to die for! Sprouts were off the charts. Our server was attentive and professional and helped us to feel really relaxed in this bustling environment. A great romantic dinner out with my boyfriend.Special Features:
- AboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014i was there for my anniversary.so expensive and food was trash not even taste i never go there again
- Scenic and perfect!GPDavisDined on 10/15/2014The staff members were very interactive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014My guest and I were given one damaged menu and one incomplete menu. The wait staff was a little ditzy and my chair sagged in the middle--the only solution was the offer of another table in the middle of a noisy location. The room is lovely. The best thing was the wonderful food. The diners were as sloppily and poorly attired as I have experienced in an upscale venue; and by the end of the evening, the noise level rendered conversation impossible . Glad I had the experience but won't return.Special Features:
- Nice roof-top cocktails and dinnerfoodsnoot62Dined on 10/15/2014I got a last minute reservation at happy hour and they had a pretty good selection of cocktails. I had one then a glass of wine for dinner. I ordered the brussels sprouts side dish with a tuna tartar appetizer as my dinner and it was certainly plenty for a meal. I'm a brussels sprouts fan so loved those; the tuna tartar was very good but I wouldn't call it outstanding. I then had the cardamom creme brûlée for dessert and was a little disappointed. It was sort of tasteless, which is not what one would expect from the title. I wouldn't recommend it. The armagnac I had with it made up for it, though. Very nice on a clear evening in LA on the roof. I paid $105 for it including tip, though. Yow. Super nice waitress, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!skyhighDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious and the view was amazing. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Amazing place! Wanna come back soonklempoDined on 10/13/2014THE most romantic place I have ever been. Food was incredible and the view is beautiful. I have been there for brunch also and is amazing But taking your spouse there for a romantic dinner is the best idea ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave Downtown SpotJenLucDined on 10/12/2014Perch is our go-to spot for taking out-of-town guests: great food, great view, and while the noise level can sometimes escalate, it's still possible to have a conversation. Boeuf Bordelaise, Boullaibaise, Pan-Roasted Chicken and rabbit ravioli ("Little Bunny Frou-Frou") among the highlights. Solid desserts: bread pudding, chocolate pot du creme. Inventive cocktails, good wine selection. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- amazing food and ambianceKanieDined on 10/12/2014I found the ambiance of this restaurant to be literally breathtaking. The views at the restaurant and the roofbar are absolutely amazing. I kept thinking this would be a great place for a proposal as it's so romantic and sets such an incredible mood. The reservationist went out on a limb to help us find something that worked. The food is incredible. The chicken and rissoto dish was one of the best meals I have ever had, extremely tender and flavorful. The decor of this restaurant is perfect. I live in SF but will do my best to return when I come back to LA and will definitely recc. it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchSteakLoverVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great brunch, beautiful view and great jazz band for Sunday Brunch. I highly recommend this placed for a weekend brunch. You must make reservations or you will definitely be waiting for a table. Get there early and enjoy the bar and view upstairs while waiting for your table. They wll text you when your table is ready.Special Features:
- Cool viewLovelyfindDined on 10/12/2014There drinks are great! I would have given 5 star but there was a mix up in my reservation and I had to send my food back because it wasn't prepared the way I asked. So had to wait longer. I would go again and give another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placekitkat417Dined on 10/11/2014Took my boyfriend here fir his bday.. place seem really nice..hip.. romantic .. food was amazing. . Their fries are amazing...steak was outstanding... fish (salmon) was great..drinks were awesome.. in order to be sitter everyone has to be present.. u cant have one missing..which I think is stupid. Over all it is a cute place. Food, place, people are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!DaaaqDined on 10/10/2014It was a great experience, my girlfriend and I loved the food and the view. I especially enjoyed the fillet mignon, which was very delicious. Server was nice and friendly too. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014bartenders were a bit snobby. and didnt like that i made a reservation and could pick where i wanted to sit, also the tables were crammed
- Dinner datedinnerdates2Dined on 10/9/2014Me and my date had fun and we enjoyed the scenic view. My date really like the rooftop bar with DTLA overview. Overall outstanding. Would love to come here again for another dinner date. I would like to try the brunch and see DTLA during the day. Thank you for such a lovely evening, my date loved it! :)Special Features:
- Fantastic RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Beautiful view of downtown, attentive service, and varied and vibrant menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!AbsoluteGemDined on 10/9/2014Took a first date here, neither of us had been and we both throughly enjoyed. Will most deffinately be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outJonandIanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Most memorable moment was great band and singer along with a prefect ambiance. The service was amazing...Thank you Tricia T for making our evening spectacular. You made us feel at home. It's a great place to enjoy with friends or a night out with a date.Special Features:
- ErnieDined on 10/8/2014Very nicely managed and a great place to rendezvous. Been there before and will definitely return in the future. Did not eat much, and was on roof top, so had to go to bar for drinks. No worries, its a great venue. A great LA place.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerciaraDined on 10/6/2014Ambiance was just lovely! Had a great view of the city out on the patio- big thank you to the hostess for making it happen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance of the restaurant isLV53Dined on 10/5/2014perfect when taking some one special. I had heard the restaurant can be crowded, but I went on a sunday with a reservation at 9:45 pm and had no problems getting in. In fact I arrived earlier than the reservation by about 20 minutes and had planed on killing time at the bar on the next floor but we were seated immediately. We were located on the outside and had an outsanding view of DTLA. The service provided by the staff was great and the hostess for our table was exceptionally knowledgeable regarding the menu items and generally enhanced the pleasure of the dinning experience. The food was superb, we had the surf and turf, salmon dish, rib dish, bread puddng. The cost was very resonable for such a great time, definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST VIEW IN TOWNEdyBDined on 10/5/2014Perch is magical! Exactly what you would envision if you planned a spectacularly unique restaurant high up under the stars. Food is very good, service good (although we got our bread when we were finished with our meal)....actually quite attentive except for the bread. It's fun, unique, good, with a spectacular view!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningCoringaDined on 10/5/2014The food was excellent. We had the pork belly and the baked brie for our appetizers. Our entrees were the loop de mer, ribeye steak and scallops. Dessert was White chocolate bread pudding and dark chocolate pot de creme. The service was excellent and knowledgeable. The view from our table on the patio was great. My only complaint is having to thread through the homeless population crowding the streets and befouling the sidewalks.Special Features:
- GREATiloveLADined on 10/5/2014My husband and I love PERCH LA. We've come here for anniversaries and other momentous occasions. This weekend we came to announce our pregnancy to our Moms. We asked that they write "congrats grandmas" in chocolate sauce, and place a tiny baby figurine on a dessert. They did both, and congratulated our Moms when they delivered the desserts-- it was PERFECT!!! Everyone as in tears. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view of old LA65goingon30VIPDined on 10/5/2014Perch is fun for hipsters and oldsters who enjoy a trendy vibe that allows for a view of the LA Skyline from 15 floors up on old Spring street. The small plates are not and the entrees are filing. We brought our own wine and the corkage was appropriately priced at $20 per. Definitely a good place for a group of 4-6 who has no problem with being in a bit cramped seating arrangement indoors and can handle loud ambient noise. Hot nights at dusk are truly worth enjoying.Special Features:
- Terrific Night SpotDinerCruiserDined on 10/4/2014I was blown away by the restaurant. As a teenager and young adult in the 70's I frequented this building when it was an office building. I can't believe what the top floors have become: Perch!!!!! What a wonderful blast into the future! In less than 24 hours, I have told numerous friends that they have to make a date to patronize Perch!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octopus was heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014The grilled octopus was cooked to perfection. The surf and turf skewers were also phenomenol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAguirreDined on 10/3/2014The worst service I experienced it took 20 minutes for our order to be taken....almost 30 minutes to get our check after asking for it. The lady who took our order almost burned me with the hot plate she passed very close to my neckSpecial Features:
- Absolutely loved our experienceAmandaHamiltonDined on 10/3/2014I took my husband for his birthday since he loves skyscrapers and the LA when it's completely lit up and he loved it! Thank you Perch for a romantic and delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent, the service was great, and the view is to die for! Gorgeous scenery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the view was niceeatwhereitsworthitDined on 10/2/2014The view and location are amazing....and thats what you will be paying for cause the food is meh....and its a bit over priced for such small portionsSpecial Features:
- First timeTents1Dined on 10/2/2014A very busy and noisy place to dine. Young crowd, busy bar scene. Good foodSpecial Features:
- So good!MaySwiftDined on 10/1/2014Our server was knowledgeable and was able to suggest the best drink pairings for our food and great appetizers to try. I had the baked salmon, my fiance had the chicken, and we orders the brussel sprouts as an appetizer. I have never had brussel sprouts taste so good in my life! The chicken was to die for (I had to have a small taste) and my salmon with vegetables was perfect! There was also a very nice live band that played at 9pm. Very smooth and jazzy, perfect for the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/1/2014The restaurant was a great find. Food was fantastic from the appetizers to the dessert. The only negative would be our server would disappear and we would have to ask another server if we needed something else including more water. But overall a great find!Special Features:
- If you can get past the hostess...cheetaDined on 9/30/2014Nice wine list, wonderful food, and a fantastic view. Had a very fun evening out with a friend at Perch. The only problem is the seating process. I had made a reservation for two and when we arrived, the hostess informed me that "there were several reservations ahead of mine." So what's the point of making a reservation, then? We ended up taking an empty table inside. I've noticed that LA restaurants play at pretention like this no matter the local or the time. Very annoying. Once we got past the hostess, we had a wonderful evening. The roof-top bar is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.