448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: (213) 802-1770
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (408)great for outdoor dining (396)romantic (300)special occasion (297)hot spot (252)vibrant bar scene (217)fit for foodies (167)late-night find (160)good for groups (156)neighborhood gem (155)great for brunch (118)great for lunch (84)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Great food and music!BryC123VIPDined on 11/23/2014My date and I loved Perch the other night. There was some great music playing on the speakers inside and for the first 10 minutes I didn't realize it was from the AMAZING band outside giving us a live performance :) We shared the poutine (mmmmm) and the pesto gnocchi. Highly recommend this joint for tasty food, well-crafted cocktails, and a classy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014My husband decided on this location to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Excellent Choice! The food was delicious and the drinks were delightful taste full. We choose to be seated out in the patio and luckily the weather was just perfect being that is mid-November. After dinner we decided to venture upstairs to there rooftop bar to end our evening. Let me just say.... WOW!!! I've never been to Perch on a Friday or Saturday, but I hear it getting very packed. We can in on a Sunday and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing vibes everywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Good food, great view, strong cocktails, cute staff, friendly waiters, live band. AMAZE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for view, service, drinks & live music.KevinLADined on 11/22/2014Strongly recommend that you arrive before 8pm if you wish to go all the way to the roof top floor patio for drinks and view if on the weekend. Otherwise the line to stretches a very long way down the block on the sidewalk downstairs, due to maximum headcount capacity limit allowed on each floor level. View is excellent on the roof top bar patio level !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view okay food with un-professional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Waiter is very un professional and took our foods away without asking
- One of the best in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The view was fantastic, the food was phonominal and the staff was OK, but I think that's just because I was a minor, and minors don't tip well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly service. Amazing view.quitopopDined on 11/21/2014The god is the best I've tried in the US so far. The menu was small but varied. The ambiance is very romantic and cosmopolitan. The view of the city is gorgeous and we got to see the sunset which are usually spectacular here in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food rivaled the rooftop views!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014Its got all the ambiance you could ever want, DTLA rooftop outdoor terrace, 'nuff said. We were seated right away, with our open table reservation of course. Live Jazz band with vocalist was a treat, we were able to enjoy the music and our conversation. The french food was great, everyone loved what they ordered and we couldn't stop eating. I highly recommend the BOUILLABAISSE. Perfect portions. We spent $$$ for two people, but we knew that going in. We had a great experience, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor roof top gemMorrisDined on 11/19/2014On a cool night we were given an outdoor table by the fireplace. The views were really nice and felt so much better than being in typical restaurant. The service was friendly and they helped us walk through good options in both food and drinks to enjoy our night. The live music an added bonus. Highly recommended for a great LA experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnergsegDined on 11/19/2014Excellent view! Even more excellent service, everyone involved very attentive to our needs. The food was very tasty, "to die for" as my daughters stated.... We will be back!! and very soon... My wife is already planning to come back with all her girl siblings (five of them) as she really enjoyed the whole experience and wants them to also experience it......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is back in a BIG wayLeilaniLynnDined on 11/16/2014While I've heard that Perch has an amazing nightlight scene, I've only been to their Sunday brunch. Perfectly situated on the 15th floor overlooking Pershing Square park, Perch is a great place to have brunch with family or friends. The music is brunch appropriate and lively, the drinks are delicious and the menu is by far the simplest and most cost friendly gourmet French that I've seen in Los Angeles. Upon arrival, we were seated right away by the friendly hostess. Our orders were taken promptly and our orders were taken with drinks on the way. I can't imagine a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Parking is pretty decent. We were running late so we parked in the $10 spot to save time. Other than that, I can't think of any material cons to contribute. Perch was awesome, can't wait to try the dinner menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in the City - Perch LA!AndieDined on 11/15/2014Loved...loved...loved Perch!!!! I am new to LA and went to perch as part of a happy hour meetup and fell in love with the views and atmosphere. The crowd is very inviting, and there is none of that stuffy pretentious feel that you can find at some LA bars. I brought my boyfriend back for dinner this past Saturday and we had a blast. We showed up early and were able to get a corner couch with fireplace on the top level at the bar while we waited. The drinks are expensive but its worth it for that overall ambiance of Perch. The band playing below us was great, we honestly thought the radio was on but realized it was a live singer and was that blew us away. We were seated right away for our 6:45 dinner reservations. We did have a table inside, which I might have been a little bummed about if we hadnt spent thirty minutes upstairs at the roof top bar. We decided to go light and order a couple of appetizers and what a good choice that was! We ordered the Brussels sprouts, bacon mac and cheese, and the baked brie. The food came out extremely quick, I'm talking 10 minutes or less. All of the appetizers were great, favorite being the mac and cheese and brussels sprouts. Could have done without the brie but it was still very tasty. All together highly highly recommend Perch and would plan on comng back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in beautyKayyDined on 11/15/2014Beautiful place for a casual upscale brunch. Me and my friend took my sister and our moms out to perch for their first time and they loved it! Beautiful scenery with exquisite taste in their menu. Everything was delicious with no disappointments. Menu is a little more fancier than your everyday restaurant menu but it's beyond delicious. They definitely get two thumbs up for their presentation, from tier employees to the food and the ambiance. Did I mention they have a live band playing beautiful music ! 👍👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Took my girl friend her for her birthday dinner. The dinner was a little expensive, but worth it for the view. It was her first time. Recommend not ordering chicken the filet minon was food as well as the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mellow ambianceWinged000Dined on 11/14/2014Great spot for a special birthday or dinner with friends if you want a view and great live music. I had the pesto gnocchi for dinner and it was the right mix or comforting and even with a cream sauce, light and fresh. They were very accommodating considering that I was there 20 minutes late to my reservation because of traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funluvtoeatDined on 11/10/2014Aamazing food. Spectacular view. Great music, overall a really special evening. The only drawback was with my reservation, I still had to wait 45 minutes for our table. It was a very special birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall, great.treatedHerDined on 11/10/2014Food was delicious, our waiter Jordan was polite and kept checking up on us, nothing but good vibes. Great place for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicelazooeyvitaDined on 11/9/2014Service was terrible. Our server, Adrian, never bothered to refill our drinks and barely served our party throughout the night. We had to call his name multiple times to get his attention. I understand the restaurant was busy, but he totally neglected to serve our table. We also brought an outside cake for a birthday celebration and were told over the phone there was a cake fee of $3.50/person. Adrian seemed so discouraging about serving the cake to us and stated there was a cake fee of $5/person. Disappointing service because the food and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGFoodie17Dined on 11/9/2014I love this place so much! I just wish it was closer to where I lived. Every time I've gone has been amazing and an experienceSpecial Features:
- One of the best DowntownSergeantPeachesDined on 11/9/2014Love this place! The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, but you won't be looking at it because the views of Downtown are so spectacular. The food is good and they have some really tasty cocktails. The service is great. They've got live music going on the patio. The ambiance here is so lovely - city views with a romantic and yet relaxed atmosphere. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthdayDcoggs88Dined on 11/8/2014Took my GF there for here birthday, they greeted her with a happy birthday, have us a great table outside with a great view. Food tasted wonderful and the staff was very friendly and professional. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014the only drawback was the reservation was for 6:45pm(WITH the request of patio seating), but we didn't get seated until 8:15pm!!! even with teservation, there is an 1.5 HR wait???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great peoplecaymusDined on 11/7/2014Great experience, one of the best staff, both front and back/downstairs, I've encountered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!AJB1690Dined on 11/6/2014Amazing views, superb food, excellent service. Couldn't have been happier with my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereFirsttimediningatperchVIPDined on 11/6/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. They view was great, the staff friendly and the food excellent,Special Features:
- Location, locationToughcriticDined on 11/6/2014The best part of this restaurant, "perched" above an historic building on Hill Street in downtown LA, is the outdoor seating area that provides a view of the terrific downtown architecture - old and new. On a busy Thursday night, bar service was spotty though staff stood around chatting with each other. The long windows open to the outdoor dinner seating remind of Europe. Dinner was average and the service greatly improved. This is a special place to have cocktails and take in the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor, romantic &scenic.funtodineDined on 11/6/2014Very special atmosphere. Good food. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Very uncomfortable chairs and tables outside. They are too low for eating and you have to set then sideways. Awful old furniture. Other than that perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewML112Dined on 11/4/2014The place has a great view of downtown LA. I recommend sitting outside and enjoy the view. There is also a bar upstairs that you can walk up to. Great place to take a date. Very romantic. Food is pretty good and the price is fair. The mussels were great, the scallops were ok, and they have a rabbit dish that's interesting. I'd recommend atleast trying it once. And if you want to impress a girl, it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningb4foodVIPDined on 11/4/2014The location of the restaurant, on the top of a building, with mostly outside dining is spectacular. There was a jazz band playing soft music - the sky was clear - and the evening was warm for November. I had a salad, which was good, but not extraordinary. My husband had the calamari, which was really tender and fixed in an unusual manner. Two of us had the salmon, which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the short ribs which were tender and tasty. Our other guest had the Bouillabaisse, which he found delicious, with lots of seafood. For dessert, we had the refreshing sorbet, which consisted of three large scoops of sorbet, each of a different flavor. A lovely evening with delicious food.Special Features:
- WOW-I mean WOWHappyBillyDined on 11/4/20141st time going because we heard from friends on Facebook they liked this restaurant. Parking is a bear downtown LA - but there's a huge lot directly across the street which was $3.00 to park. Elevator ride to the top - and WOW...what a view. We made reservations using Open Table and told them it was our 25th Anniversary and we were treated like royalty. We sat outside - perfect evening. Had the baked brie and pork belly LOVED them. Wife had scallops I had Filet Mignon - and it was perfect. This is truly a one of kind experience and well worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Bad serviceJsmbellaDined on 11/2/2014The first time I went to Perch, I loved it. Everything was just perfect which is why I decided to celebrate my 30th bday with my girlfriends. They had never been there before, so I was excited for them to experience such a wonderful place. The night view was amazing. Drinks were yummy, and the food was delicious. I had the filet mignon and my friends had the steak and fries. Everything was good and perfect except service. She never checked up on us, and forgot to take our order after the salads. She got our drinks wrong and then.... After we paid, she had the nerve to correct our tip. She told us we had only tip her 10% and that we had to tip her 18%. That really annoyed me. I will come back, but I will ask for a different server. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious eggs benedictOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014It's hard to find a great brunch these days. Many of the classic, go-to restaurants are incredibly disappointing...Polo Lounge take note! This brunch also had the best Ramos Fizz I've had in years. Oysters at $3 each were a find -- especially for those who like large oysters. While we prefer smaller to medium size, and these were HUGE - actually filled the palm of my hand - the taste was excellent. A quick trip to the rooftop bar was a lovely capper to a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/1/2014Have a lovely evening looking at the city while enjoying attentive service and good food.
- Just amazingViewloverDined on 11/1/2014A friend of mine found this place, and wow its beautiful so nice but out of all their view is the cherry on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nsngcDined on 11/1/2014Celebrated sons 21st birthday, food, service and view all outstanding! Son and friend had Perch burger, both claimed best burger they have ever had. Already planning our next visit later this month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeDining91103Dined on 10/31/2014My first time here, they really made my girlfriends' birthday special. They sat us immediately at our reservation time, and we had a table right at the edge facing the cityscape. We had a really nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spit with viewLuv2dineoutDined on 10/31/2014Very nice view, great service, great cuisine. It was a rainy night so they even had a covered tarp over part of the outdoor section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views w/ good food & serviceLucretiaBorgiaDined on 10/31/2014Your typical big-city downtown rooftop restaurant coasts on offering mediocre food and watered-down drinks in exchange for great views. Perch has some fantastic views, but you'll also be pleasantly surprised with the food and service. They have an extensive wine list with some nice bottles, and there's a little something for everyone on the French-leaning food menu. The bar scene is also fantastic, with a major secondary tippy-toppy floor set aside just for the drinkers and city-gazers. Just don't expect any bargains. The view comes with a cost.Special Features:
- Great 2nd experienceFlyerVIPDined on 10/30/2014This was the second time we have been to Perch LA. We went again for drinks on the rooftop which has a great view of the city. It has multiple places with nice heaters incase its cool out. The bartenders are great and the atmosphere is pretty perfect. Trish was out waitress for an 8pm reservation. Our first seating area was a bit dark and away from things and we were moved with a smile to an inside seat. I always appreciate not being made to feel bad when I ask for something to help keep the Mrs. happy. The cheese board was great as was the salad and the steak we had. I will certainly go back and I recommend Perch LA. If its not a special night go here and make it one.Special Features: