448 S. Hill St. 13th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.perchla.com/
- Phone: 2138021770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 11:00am- 1:00am
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Age 21 and over after 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Benitez & Greg Bernhardt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Perch has various forms of entertainment on any given dates including DJs, live bands, and cabaret shows. Now offering live Jazz and Bossa Nova for Saturday and Sunday brunch. Please visit our website for specific events.
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Public Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Thursday-Saturday from 7pm. Self-park available all day across the street
A word from Perch LA
An elevated resting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Perch LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Perch LA reviews from OpenTable diners
471 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (391)great for outdoor dining (374)special occasion (281)romantic (280)hot spot (241)vibrant bar scene (226)fit for foodies (159)good for groups (151)late-night find (150)neighborhood gem (140)great for brunch (111)great for lunch (83)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- Great PlaceRatedRSuperstarDined on 10/29/2014A night to remember is just the beginning to describe such a gem in LA. This is a must place to visit on everyone's list while in LA. Excellent view and great people watching. Love the live music and a breath taking view of the LA skyline. I was impressed and so was my date. I will definitely recommend your place to my social contacts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014This was my second visit to Perch, the first being for brunch, and I have to say the food was average. The price point is typical for LA however the food is simply not up to par. The service was amazing, from the wonderful maitre D to our attentive server. Please try new and innovated dishes as the ambience of the restaurant to the food are not parallel.Special Features:
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014It was date night. My date was super impressed. Food and great music in the background. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014My friends and I met for brunch this past Sunday because downtown is a central location for us all. The staff was great, they called ahead to confirm my reservation and allowed us to sit for 3 hours while we had appetizers, brunch, drinks and dessert without ever rushing us as some places would! The view was awesome and when the sun came out they immediately rolled out sunshades so that we stayed comfortable and cool. The brie was delicious as was the Cesar with shrimp (cooked perfectly), omelette, french toast and crab cakes. The chocolate bread pudding was a must try and the pitchers of sangria were an awesome deal! There is a parking lot directly across from the restaurant and costs $6. Easy, breezy for downtown la! I will be back.Special Features:
- Great brunchStephEatsDined on 10/25/2014First time here, have wanted to try it for awhile. Met a couple of friends for brunch, and it was great. Tried the French Maid cocktail and the burger without the bun. Burger was cooked just as I ordered: medium rare. Everything was delicious. My dining mates all had egg dishes, with which they were quite happy. Great views, of course. Love downtown LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Came here for my mom's birthday and it was perfect. The staff was so kind and the service was impeccable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent sendoff for my mom!FearNothing666Dined on 10/25/2014We brought my mom here twice for her 64th birthday--she loved both the evening experience and the daytime one. Perch is a very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunandfoodDined on 10/24/2014A lot going on. You have to shout to hear each other. The weekends are too busy if you are looking to have a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthday was a hit!FearNothing666Dined on 10/24/2014We brought my mother here twice during her visit from Tennessee for her 64th birthday, even though she doesn't look or act a day over 26. Both dinner and brunch were fabulous--the staff made her feel special. Thank you Perch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA AmazingTWFoodieDined on 10/24/2014was lucky to find this gem! The view is awesome and the food is wonderful. With a view like this one they could get away with subpar food, but this place is well rounded! Also, the service is friendly, fast and laid-back. I never felt rushed or pressured. This is a must try!Special Features:
- ExcellenceMissIndiaDined on 10/23/2014I enjoyed my night great good great ambiance the dj was absolutely awesome played some great tracks from the 90s rnbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FSUJennVIPDined on 10/20/2014I hosted a meetup group here for "happy hour". Unfortunately their happy hour specials end at 6pm, which is tough to get to, but the food and drink specials are pretty good if you can make it. We were able to grab two couches and it was a very relaxed environment. The waitress was attentive and kept us all on our own checks, which was nice. I would return / recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I arrived and my name wasn't on the list but I received a comformation call a day before. It was fine we were able to get a table. Other then that it was amazing! Service and food were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2enjoyfoodDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant's location is just wonderful and we were impressed to begin with. However, the service was extremely poor. I don't mind slow service but I do dislike poor service. The starter was badly cooked (pastry undercooked. My husband's main course (bouillabaisse) was good as was my steak but the accompanying vegetables were nothing special. Wine was good and reasonably placed.Special Features:
- Snobbish staffNjoygoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014I booked this place for my daughter's birthday. Upon arrival, we were told we couldn't be seated until the whole party of 4 was present (1 person on her way). Once seated the sun was shinning on my face so, I asked to be moved and the black maître d' was annoyed. The blond waitress was not friendly at all and only came a couple of times to check on us. Food was good. When finished, she just brought the check WITHOUT acknowledging the main reason: my daughter's birthday celebration. I has to remind her and she brought a dry almond cake that wasn't even good. Needless to say, a tip was not earned.Special Features:
- A nice place with good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My friend came to visit form out of town and I wanted to bring him somewhere special. We had a really nice time at Perch. We had to wait a long time to be seated, especially since we had a reservation, which was disappointing. There was some live music that was really nice to wait to though. The view was great and the food was wonderful. The service was good and our server polite. The manager, Mario, is really wonderful. In the end, my friend was really happy and had a good time, so that's what really matters. Thank you Perch.Special Features:
- gnosloracDined on 10/19/2014Been here numerous times for late night drinking. Today was my first time having brunch here. Hosts were very professional and gave a great first impression of the establishment. However, once seated it took a while to be served as they seemed understaff. It seems like people come here more for the venue than the ok food and fair service which they can get away with. Live jazz music was very lovely. Overall, I had a good time but this place is not meeting its potential. With better service, this could easily be a place I can come to regularly as I live just two blocks away. But i'll just save it for times when i'm hosting guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Match the View!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014We both had great mains - but the sides are to die for! Sprouts were off the charts. Our server was attentive and professional and helped us to feel really relaxed in this bustling environment. A great romantic dinner out with my boyfriend.Special Features:
- AboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014i was there for my anniversary.so expensive and food was trash not even taste i never go there again
- Scenic and perfect!GPDavisDined on 10/15/2014The staff members were very interactive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014My guest and I were given one damaged menu and one incomplete menu. The wait staff was a little ditzy and my chair sagged in the middle--the only solution was the offer of another table in the middle of a noisy location. The room is lovely. The best thing was the wonderful food. The diners were as sloppily and poorly attired as I have experienced in an upscale venue; and by the end of the evening, the noise level rendered conversation impossible . Glad I had the experience but won't return.Special Features:
- Nice roof-top cocktails and dinnerfoodsnoot62Dined on 10/15/2014I got a last minute reservation at happy hour and they had a pretty good selection of cocktails. I had one then a glass of wine for dinner. I ordered the brussels sprouts side dish with a tuna tartar appetizer as my dinner and it was certainly plenty for a meal. I'm a brussels sprouts fan so loved those; the tuna tartar was very good but I wouldn't call it outstanding. I then had the cardamom creme brûlée for dessert and was a little disappointed. It was sort of tasteless, which is not what one would expect from the title. I wouldn't recommend it. The armagnac I had with it made up for it, though. Very nice on a clear evening in LA on the roof. I paid $105 for it including tip, though. Yow. Super nice waitress, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!skyhighDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious and the view was amazing. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Amazing place! Wanna come back soonklempoDined on 10/13/2014THE most romantic place I have ever been. Food was incredible and the view is beautiful. I have been there for brunch also and is amazing But taking your spouse there for a romantic dinner is the best idea ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave Downtown SpotJenLucDined on 10/12/2014Perch is our go-to spot for taking out-of-town guests: great food, great view, and while the noise level can sometimes escalate, it's still possible to have a conversation. Boeuf Bordelaise, Boullaibaise, Pan-Roasted Chicken and rabbit ravioli ("Little Bunny Frou-Frou") among the highlights. Solid desserts: bread pudding, chocolate pot du creme. Inventive cocktails, good wine selection. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- amazing food and ambianceKanieDined on 10/12/2014I found the ambiance of this restaurant to be literally breathtaking. The views at the restaurant and the roofbar are absolutely amazing. I kept thinking this would be a great place for a proposal as it's so romantic and sets such an incredible mood. The reservationist went out on a limb to help us find something that worked. The food is incredible. The chicken and rissoto dish was one of the best meals I have ever had, extremely tender and flavorful. The decor of this restaurant is perfect. I live in SF but will do my best to return when I come back to LA and will definitely recc. it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchSteakLoverVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great brunch, beautiful view and great jazz band for Sunday Brunch. I highly recommend this placed for a weekend brunch. You must make reservations or you will definitely be waiting for a table. Get there early and enjoy the bar and view upstairs while waiting for your table. They wll text you when your table is ready.Special Features:
- Cool viewLovelyfindDined on 10/12/2014There drinks are great! I would have given 5 star but there was a mix up in my reservation and I had to send my food back because it wasn't prepared the way I asked. So had to wait longer. I would go again and give another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placekitkat417Dined on 10/11/2014Took my boyfriend here fir his bday.. place seem really nice..hip.. romantic .. food was amazing. . Their fries are amazing...steak was outstanding... fish (salmon) was great..drinks were awesome.. in order to be sitter everyone has to be present.. u cant have one missing..which I think is stupid. Over all it is a cute place. Food, place, people are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!DaaaqDined on 10/10/2014It was a great experience, my girlfriend and I loved the food and the view. I especially enjoyed the fillet mignon, which was very delicious. Server was nice and friendly too. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014bartenders were a bit snobby. and didnt like that i made a reservation and could pick where i wanted to sit, also the tables were crammed
- Dinner datedinnerdates2Dined on 10/9/2014Me and my date had fun and we enjoyed the scenic view. My date really like the rooftop bar with DTLA overview. Overall outstanding. Would love to come here again for another dinner date. I would like to try the brunch and see DTLA during the day. Thank you for such a lovely evening, my date loved it! :)Special Features:
- Fantastic RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Beautiful view of downtown, attentive service, and varied and vibrant menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!AbsoluteGemDined on 10/9/2014Took a first date here, neither of us had been and we both throughly enjoyed. Will most deffinately be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outJonandIanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Most memorable moment was great band and singer along with a prefect ambiance. The service was amazing...Thank you Tricia T for making our evening spectacular. You made us feel at home. It's a great place to enjoy with friends or a night out with a date.Special Features:
- ErnieDined on 10/8/2014Very nicely managed and a great place to rendezvous. Been there before and will definitely return in the future. Did not eat much, and was on roof top, so had to go to bar for drinks. No worries, its a great venue. A great LA place.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerciaraDined on 10/6/2014Ambiance was just lovely! Had a great view of the city out on the patio- big thank you to the hostess for making it happen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance of the restaurant isLV53Dined on 10/5/2014perfect when taking some one special. I had heard the restaurant can be crowded, but I went on a sunday with a reservation at 9:45 pm and had no problems getting in. In fact I arrived earlier than the reservation by about 20 minutes and had planed on killing time at the bar on the next floor but we were seated immediately. We were located on the outside and had an outsanding view of DTLA. The service provided by the staff was great and the hostess for our table was exceptionally knowledgeable regarding the menu items and generally enhanced the pleasure of the dinning experience. The food was superb, we had the surf and turf, salmon dish, rib dish, bread puddng. The cost was very resonable for such a great time, definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST VIEW IN TOWNEdyBDined on 10/5/2014Perch is magical! Exactly what you would envision if you planned a spectacularly unique restaurant high up under the stars. Food is very good, service good (although we got our bread when we were finished with our meal)....actually quite attentive except for the bread. It's fun, unique, good, with a spectacular view!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningCoringaDined on 10/5/2014The food was excellent. We had the pork belly and the baked brie for our appetizers. Our entrees were the loop de mer, ribeye steak and scallops. Dessert was White chocolate bread pudding and dark chocolate pot de creme. The service was excellent and knowledgeable. The view from our table on the patio was great. My only complaint is having to thread through the homeless population crowding the streets and befouling the sidewalks.Special Features: