Perbacco - NY
234 East 4th Street
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Perbacco - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://perbaccony.com/
- Phone: (212) 253-2038
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Would you like to enjoy the tastes of Perbacco at your special event? Impress your guests with a catered meal of distinctive Italian flavors! We offer complete catering services. Please contact us for more info.
A word from Perbacco - NY
Perbacco NY - Food & WineContinued
Restaurant and Wine Bar
Tradition & Innovation
Restaurant and Wine Bar
Tradition & Innovation
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Perbacco - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
- Fantastic!stantonbmsDined on 4/8/2014Order the Parmigiano Reggiano creme brulee appetizer and spread it over bread and the Lasagna Bolognese. They are both just fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicious, fun, and joyful!MtVernonVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was terrific, the service was done with a smile and a sense of playfulness, and did I say, the food was really really good? We will return. The lamb was perfectly cooked, sweet and luscious. Desserts were surprisingly excellent. Very casual place, with good, inexpensive wine selections. And thoughtful about gluten free items.Special Features:
- unusual Italian foodluv2cookVIPDined on 3/24/2014We all had food that is not in every Italian restaurant. Everyone was happy with their selections.Special Features:
- still going strong/vegetarian A+OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2014I first dined at Perbacco five years ago, and was long overdue to return. I remembered the ambiance, and spectacular meal I had, but wondered if it would be as good after all these years. The food was fantastic; it was well made and delicious, with all the right elements of italian cooking in spectacular balance. There are plenty of tasty vegetarian options. Everything was great, and had perfectly paired wines to go with it. Our server was helpful, informative, friendly, and very tactful. He let us have our time with each other, but was welcomingly conversational. We were the last table in the house, (yikes!) but we did not feel rushed out the door at all. I recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little off the beaten pathMikeyGVIPDined on 3/19/2014what a pleasant surprise to find great food, reasonable good wine and great service combined in a not oft visited part of town.Special Features:
- charming and unpretentioustommyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Just lovely and fresh delicious food served by affable wait staff; rustic charm qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the reviews are trueFTCNYCVIPDined on 3/1/2014It's great - energentic on a Sat. night in a good way. The lead guy is crazy chill. Great service. great food they know what they are doing.Special Features:
- Great East Village GemOshlandDined on 2/22/2014The food at Perbacco is always fantastic. Their dessert with the marscapone, banana and chocolate was one of the best things I have ever eaten. Def save room for this one!Special Features:
- Fabulous find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014Found this restaraunt while staying in the east village a few years ago. It was as amazing as I remembered. It makes my top must of dining in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine's night experiencetheofficemanagerDined on 2/14/2014Went with my Husband for Valentine's day. Making a reservation was a breeze. We were seated immediately. What I like most about the menu is the variety and novelty that you don't find in other Italian restaurants. They also have a great Wine list with affordable pricing. Our server was on top and we definitely enjoyed the experience at Perbacco. I would go back just to try all their dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceGcp79Dined on 2/1/2014I used to go here all the time for birthdays and special occasions. It had been a few years and decided to go back again with my wife since she had never been. The place did not disappoint! We had a delicious meal and will definitely go back again sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned here for 2nd yearOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2014Returned here for 2nd year in a row to celebrate my husband's birthday, and was not disappointed. Service was attentive and friendly, with the staff letting us hang out in the warm spot way past after we finished our meal, until we were ready to leave despite a busy Sat night. Great food, very generous, very adventurous, very tasty. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Too NoisySammyDined on 1/11/2014The place looked cozy from outside, after we settled in we realized that it was very noisy. On top of the bad acoustics that vibrate the loud voices there was useless loud music. My wife and I had to shout to each other . We went to a different place for a quiet dessert . The First course variety is very impressive, the Prosciutto was very mediocre, for the same amount of money you can get a better one at Eataly
- food was absolutely delicious,ag00789VIPDined on 1/9/2014food was absolutely delicious, only complaint that it was freezing in the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013I love Perbacco - have been several times. It's a go to spot when we have foodie or wine friends and we need to pick the restaurant. We went with friends on New Year's Eve and had a great dinner to start off the night. Food and wine was amazing. Our waiter was funny, friendly and patient with all our questions and concerns. He even handled our complicated cheese/no cheese requests on the salads with a smile on his face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice people, awful foodjamesDined on 12/26/2013The food was the big issue, and the reason we'll never go back. The starters were fine. Parmigiano creme brûlée was pretty tasty, although more soupy than custard. Antipasto had fried bread with prosciutto that was sliced way too thick and blocks of parmigiana (no knife provided). Then insalata. Yikes. I ordered what I thought was a fennel salad. We got a massive molded hill of boiled fennel and onions. Warm, flavorless, and mushy. Clincher: a special butternut squash ravioli. It was served with a red sauce with sausage. The sweet ravioli with the rich meat sauce was just a shocking, inedible combination. And on the side? Literally, a cup of whipped cream. It looked like a child sized portion of soft serve ice cream. We just laughed.
- Interesting Italian MenuDCDinerVIPDined on 12/19/2013Loved the Parmesan Creme Brulee--very yummy. The eggplant fritters, however, did not live up to their hype. Rather cold and tasteless. I ordered the lasagna and it was tasty, but not terribly unusual. It would have benefited from being heated more thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!Mcass217Dined on 12/12/2013The food is terrific and the service is friendly and accomodating. They have great happy hour specials and the decor is inviting. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best Italian foodKateDined on 12/6/2013Some of the best Italian food I've had in the city! Everything is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular...MicheleVIPDined on 12/1/2013I love this place. Every time I'm in NYC my co-workers and I eat here. We've been dozens of times and it is consistently wonderful. I tried their pumpkin ravioli with the spicy sausage this trip and it was fabulous. Rice balls are a must have for appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable time was hadNYCfoodieDined on 12/1/2013Very enjoyable time was had by all in our party of 6. The food was perfectly cooked. Each plate was visibly pleasing and appealing. Everything was delish !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerbaccoKatheine920Dined on 11/27/2013Absolutely love this restaurant, this was my second time there and everything about the place is amazing! The first time I went with my boyfriend and it was extremely romantic with the dim lighting of candles, the rustic decor and amazing menu. The second time I brought my parents and they loved the electronic music and all of the dishes were to die for! Definitely do not forget to order the hamburger slider! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SurprisepegasusDined on 10/26/2013We had a wonderful meal at this restaurant. We came to the neighborhood for an off, off Broadway theater performance. The food was excellent, service great and best of all...it was quiet. The ability to hear oneself talk is increasingly rare in NYC pared with good food. We will definitely return (from Brooklyn) -- even if we don't have other plans in the area. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KennVIPDined on 10/25/2013Could not ask for more from an East Village restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent low key dining spotjftennisDined on 10/20/2013We really enjoyed our experience at this restaurant. The food was super fresh and beautifully prepared. There were several unique and home made choices. THe service was very efficient and the wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine. would definitely recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, quiet spotEllenDined on 10/18/2013Went with a group of 5 on a Friday night. The place was quiet enough that we could have a conversation and the food and wine were excellent, with many options for different dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Italian in East VillageIRG510VIPDined on 10/10/2013This restaurant was recommended to me and I went there with my husband for our anniversary dinner. The ambience is nice, rustic and romantic but the food was not that good, just fair. Most of our dishes looked and tasted like they had been sitting in the fridge already made for a week and then nuked before serving. The Parmesan creme brûlée was ok but oddly sweet from the brown sugar on top. The eggplant Parmesan croquettes were pretty good but didn't taste fresh. My tagliatelle with lamb ragu was fair and the lasagna was not good, didn't taste fresh. The tiramisu had chocolate syrup on top, not authentic and didn't taste like tiramisu. Maybe other dishes on the menu are good but what we had wasn't great.Special Features:
- Nothing specialZoey6Dined on 10/7/2013Food was adequate, but with so many options in the village, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Had creme brûlée appetizer, which was the highlight of the meal. Salad greens were less than fresh, and gnocchi was served way too hot( microwave?)was swimming in cream, and cheese and was absent of any sage flavoring. Gnocchi was light though. Chicken was cooked well, but there was nothing to distinguish it.
- phine phoodJerryDined on 10/5/2013Appetizers were exceptional tasty and well prepared and reasonably priced. Special red wine for the night was excellent. Main courses were good overall but a notch below the appetizers. Ice Cream and Sorbets very fine esp. the mint. Overall, quiet, good food reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Clueless on the lower east sideBonitaDined on 9/21/2013What a shame that such fine food is served by an ignorant wait staff. I repeatedly needed to flag down a waiter for service. The pasta with red sauce was served and no grated cheese was offered. The dessert was served and no coffee was offered. The 4 of us were sharing the dessert and no plates were offered so that we could split the dessert and eat it off of our own plates. And, finally, after my husband paid the bill with his credit card, he realized that we were not charged for our carafe of wine. I flagged down the waiter, handed him the cash for the wine along with a stern and brief lecture about his thoughtless and inattentive service.Special Features:
- Just like TuscanyBobbyTDined on 8/19/2013Per Bacco is a rare gem with a unique menu that reminds me of places I visited in Italy. The food is not just good -- it's unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentM5063Dined on 8/11/2013The food was delicious and the service was very good. The parmesan soufflé was fantastic. We will definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2013The menu is intriguing, both food and wine. Creme brûlée of Parmesan and balsamic was really fabulous. A great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- authentic Italianitlay65Dined on 8/6/2013Have eaten here several times and it is consistently good. Fresh pasta, authentic ingredients, seems like a trip to Italy.Special Features:
- Decent but not Great1111VIPDined on 8/3/2013Food was average at best, waiters ran in to patrons in aisles every time they walked by. Nothing Special best to skip.
- Good tasting foodtcbsfrDined on 7/27/2013We enjoyed our visit on 7/27/13 to this little Italian neighborhood restaurant in the East Village. It was very comfortable and casual and the staff were very accommodating. The appetizers (rice balls and parmiggiano-reggiano crème brulee) were fantastic and the two dishes we tried were tasty (ravioli and gnocchi). We also sampled two desserts (tiramisu and biscotti) which were nice. All in all, a very nice experience.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013Not your traditional Italian. But it will not disappoint. Food was incredible. All pasta is homemade!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9 years later, still going strongbeccoVIPDined on 7/7/2013went back to this wonderful restaurant 9 years after my original visit. everything was better than expected. the food was delicious, the pasta fresh and inviting, the wine list long, reasonable, cultivated. highly recommend. went on a sunday night when it wasn't busy. during the week it's quite lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emilia Romagna Neighborhood GemBicoastalOmnivoreDined on 7/7/2013Our 4th trip to Perbacco. We keep returning to this small East Village spot for the homey feel, friendly service, reasonable prices and solid, original Emilia Romagna cuisine. The pasta dishes are the sweet spot on the menu but we also had success with the salmon and branzino. Wine list is limited but we still managed to find an excellent amarone at a fair price. We will go back many times, whenever we are looking for a casual, unpretentious, solid and reliable meal served with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!NancyDined on 6/7/2013We went to Perbacco upon reading a recommendation in a travel book, and we were not disappointed! The food was wonderful, the service great, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting on a rainy evening. The restaurant is small, but quiet and romantic, with candles providing a nice ambiance. The steamed beets stuffed with goat cheese were absolutely delicious, and the burrata was fresh and tasty. The homemade gnocchi melted in your mouth, and the lasagna Bolognese was just perfect. The espresso was the best we had in the city. There's so much more on the menu that we want to try, and we will definitely return on our next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.