PeraBell Food Bar
69 E. Main Street
Patchogue, NY 11772Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PeraBell Food Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perabellfoodbar.com/
- Phone: (631) 447-7766
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: John Peragine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PeraBell Food Bar offer a full service off premise catering for up to 100 people.
- Entertainment: We offer music on Friday & Saturday nights starting at 9:30pm - 1:00am.
A word from PeraBell Food Bar
We here at PeraBell Food Bar take pride in being a neighborhood style restaurant with globally inspired food in a casual yet refined setting. We are the restaurant for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
PeraBell Food Bar - Best Restaurants in Patchogue ›
PeraBell Food Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (54)vibrant bar scene (48)great for lunch (45)hot spot (45)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- A delightful experience from start to finish.BobDDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food with a terrific selection from the menu. Dinner specials were wonderful. Although we couldn't get a reservation for the time we wanted, (had to go early), I understand why. Everybody is making reservations to eat there. So, ensure some lead time to get the reservation you need. But, because we went so early, the service was superlative in that it wasn't busy yet. I think that the professionalism of the staff would mean that they do well even if they were packed. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for city dining on Long Island.Special Features:
- Good for a night out with good foodpauliej345Dined on 11/14/2014The resturant food was very good. The ambiance was great and lively would recommend for dinner or a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower the music!!FlamingoDined on 11/10/2014Excellent food and service. But the music was too loud for dinner. They cater to the bar crowd.Special Features:
- PerabellnonicknameDined on 11/9/2014The food is always great here and the atmosphere pleasant. Nice wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedLabluverDined on 11/8/2014We had many choices for Restaurant Week and decided on a local favorite for Saturday. Glad we did. Their offerings for this week were wonderful. Much to choose from, so you truly felt that you were getting the flavor of the restaurant. They also offered a reasonably priced choice of 2 wines, red or white, to add to the speciality of the week and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food but bad seating locationCasualDiner123Dined on 11/8/2014I have been to PeraBell a few times and the food is always good, however, during this visit, I was seated next to the station where the servers enter the orders into the computer and it was quite uncomfortable. Servers would hang around the station if they were waiting to help a table and there was a constant flow of servers inputting orders which was disruptive to my dining experience. Servers were standing right next to my table with little room for privacy. They should eliminate this table from the restaurant.Special Features:
- 10 out of 10!kristileejonesDined on 11/5/2014There is no way better way to describe the food here than Outstanding. The place is set in the gorgeous town of patchogue, right on main street. They separate the bar dining from the actual dining and really give a overall comfortable feel. All the food we had was excellent, from our entrées right down to the warm bread with the pesto butter. This is a unforgettable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pera bellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2014lots of good work on sauces....but why do chefs cook pork until it's dead?...the last case of tricinosis in the US was in 1903....GET OVER IT!Special Features:
- Excellent experience overall.MitchDined on 11/1/2014Food and ambience were excellent. Waiter was excellent and helpful. Manager (Seth?) greeted us and made us feel welcome. We returned after our show next door to listen to mediocre live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyMikeyDined on 10/31/2014Great place to get together with friends. Food was very good and the drinks were made correctly, with no short cuts - unusual these days. The service was excellent and menu choices were varied enough to satisfy anyone. I did think the noise level was a bit high, but we were still able to converse without straining to hear. My new happy place.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysSte0013Dined on 10/29/2014Food was all very ,very good, service good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happyLuv2eatDined on 10/28/2014The restaurant was empty and they would not let us sit down until all 6 people arrived. 2 people were running late so we had to stand at the front door since the bar was full. Poor attitude by the girl at the front door stating she doesn't make rules. Then when we do sit and order the food the food runner brings the food, spills the juice from one of the dishes, (a lot of juice), all over the table & on one of the guests, doesn't clean it up, and doesn't apologize, and just walks away. I let the waiter know, who does nothing. I do not recommend
- Excellent Food!FrankPVIPDined on 10/24/2014You will not be disappointed when you dine at Perabell, the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to the chefcheechDined on 10/23/2014Great food.... Great wine.... Great pomegranate pear martinis...Great service. All with Great Friends, thank you Perabella!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- demkofourDined on 10/19/2014What happened to the Crab Cakes??? My wife and I took a widowed friend out for dinner to celebrate what would have been her 40th anniversary. She had heard so much about the Crab Cakes from my wife, and was so looking forward to getting them. Aside from that bump in the road, our food and service was quite good and well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaniceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014We went to your restaurant for the first time the other night with friends and was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good. Would recommend it and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineSunshineDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent,we were running late for Herb Alpert playing right next door,staff made sure we got food quickly. Very nice place. Plan to go againSpecial Features:
- noise levelgkb1234Dined on 10/12/2014too bad the noise level in the bar drifts in to the dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehdeejayseaDined on 10/11/2014We chose PeraBell because the main competitors on Main Street were all barbecue joints. It was okay, but nothing to write home about. Service was good enough, but the food was just okay and certainly not worth the amount charged. My salmon dish was quite tasty, but our three other main dishes were meh. Not terrible, but edible.
- Mmmmm, good stuffIreneDined on 10/8/2014Loved sitting in the booth, very private and comfortable. Had the shrimp w/fettuccine - excellent, and enough for lunch the next day. Home made tater tots were awesome. Asian calamari and Asian slaw are top notch. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- LIVELYTirednessVIPDined on 10/5/2014Did not know of this restaurant until our daughter recommended it. We were 5 for dinner. I suggest a reservation. What I liked about this restaurant is that they take different ingredients and combine them to make a great an interesting meal. You would think this is a pub type restaurant. They have great food also. However, this restaurant does take standard food and up the scale. If in the neighborhood--give it a try.Special Features:
- Love it!!lovegml77Dined on 10/4/2014I absolutely loved Parabell Food Bar the service and the food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalterDined on 10/3/2014The review says it all. Food and ambiance were both good, the service was very good. Part of the new Patchogue Village bar and restautant ''scene''.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Lunch ExperienceAnniesezDined on 9/28/2014Dined here for lunch and the calamari was cooked perfectly and the burger and fries were great too - and they don't skimp on the fries which were great. The wait staff was friendly ---Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciousbelles53Dined on 9/27/2014Went for a family birthday dinner and everyone was happy with their choices. I had the Chicken Milanese, loved it and there was enough to take some home for the next day. Others had summer penne, pork chop, tilapia and hamburger. Wonderful pumpkin cheesecake dessert.Special Features:
- A little disappointed......JenSteDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were looking for a new place to go. I found PeraBell on open table and though it looked good and when I read the reviews it seemed great! They seated us right on time which was nice, however it took about 15 mins for the waitress to come to the table to take our drink order even though there were multiple wait staff walking back and forth for those 15 mins. We placed our drink order, app order and meal order at the same time. Bad move because everything came out one on top of the other and we felt completely rushed. The food was very good. My husband had short ribs and I had seared tuna. I wouldn't say never to go here because the food was good. It's the service and timing that could use some help.Special Features:
- MemyselfandIDined on 9/20/2014Food was absolutely delicious! Reservation was ready upon arrival. Service was very good for as busy as it was.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding, compliments to the Chef. Although the place was much too noisy, I would go back for the food. Great menu, specials, excellent value.Special Features:
- Food was great!Wendy322Dined on 9/20/2014We were a table of 7 so we were able to try a lot from the menu...everyone had nothing but good comments about their menu selection, the Gorgonzola flatiron was cooked perfectly and was melt in your mouth yummy! Our only complaint (if you can really call it that) was the service was not up to par. We were never asked if we wanted another round of drinks so by meals end we were all drinking water. But if you came for the great food you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LnofeDined on 9/17/2014I come here often and for the most part get great service, but today I had a new waitress (can't remember her name) and after finishing our meals, we waited for almost 15 minutes before we could ask for the check. Food is definitely where it's at, haven't had a bad meal here yet. They also have a decent selection of craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gastropubSteveSVIPDined on 9/14/2014One of the best gastropubs on LI. Perabell has a permanent spot in my dining rotation.Special Features:
- I am never disappointed....cleeDined on 9/14/2014I have found in the last year or so PeraBell is my restaurant of choice whenever I go out to eat. I have brought family there who are visiting from out of state and friends who live on the Island but have never been. I have been there for both lunch and dinner and no matter what time, the food and service are always top notch. The prices are reasonable and more important, the portion sizes are sufficient. I appreciate the gluten free options since I suffer from a wheat allergy. The atmosphere is comfortable and casual. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and staffSallisunshineDined on 9/13/2014This was our third time for dinner and it's always a pleasure. There's never a feeling of pressure to leave. Food is delicious and waitress is always checking to see if we are satisfied with our meal! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go to placeSatisfieddinerDined on 9/12/2014PeraBell has long been a favorite of my wife and mine. Her mother and stepfather also really like coming to PeraBell so it an easy decision to take them there for their anniversary. As always, we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and well presented. Each of us ordered a different entree and none of us were disappointed in our selection. The server (Halie) was wonderful and offered some great suggestions ranging from beverages to entrees. She was quite attentive throughout our meal and was extremely professional. Looking at the diversity of diners in the restaurant, there's clearly something to be had for everyone. If I had one concern, it's the noise in the dining area - but this is a direct result of the popularity of Perabell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were latelaxmom17Dined on 9/10/2014We had reservations for 6:45 but they would not seat us until our whole party was there; we were missing one. But it was great that we still had our table 15 minutes later...don't know if that would have been the case if the restaurant was busier. Food was good as usual.Special Features:
- A Favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Casual eatery can sit at bar or dine at table. Can order burger, sandwiches or entree. Ever changing specials. This is a favorite of ours. Bombay/tonic and Absolute/cranberry made perfect!! Appetizer (not sure of name) mushroom, tomatoes, eggplant, goat cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar, delicious!! Our dinners...Scallops over spinach and Summer Penne... WOW highly recommend!! Mixed berry cobbler for desert had us scraping the dish. Put this restaurant on your "to dine list"Special Features:
- Just okpatt1Dined on 9/6/2014The Salmon dish was delicious, the filet mignon tasted like a mouth full of salt. It's hit or miss. The ambience was just ok. The location was perfect for the Patchogue Theatre, just a few steps away. I think if I stayed at the bar and had a few drinks and some appetizers I would have been much happier.
- Great time & food with an asterick*LarryDined on 9/6/2014I had early reservations because of a show next door. We were seated right away. The service was excellent and the food was way above average. The only thing I felt was when we got there the place was empty and we were seated right away. Within a half hour the place filled up. When our meal was served the place was full. I just got a feeling while we were eating they were trying to rush us to get done. The bus boy wanted to take my wife's plate and mine before we were done on two separate occasions. We purposely booked an early dinner so we can take our time and not rush out because of the show.Special Features:
- Always goodfoodeeDined on 9/4/2014Have been there numerous times- meal always excellent, prices fair, manager and waiter (Mike)excellent- Attentive. Favorite spot to go highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service, Food , were great!! We will be coming back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.