PeraBell Food Bar
69 E. Main Street
Patchogue, NY 11772Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PeraBell Food Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.perabellfoodbar.com/
- Phone: 6314477766
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: John Peragine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PeraBell Food Bar offer a full service off premise catering for up to 100 people.
- Entertainment: We offer music on Friday & Saturday nights starting at 9:30pm - 1:00am.
A word from PeraBell Food Bar
We here at PeraBell Food Bar take pride in being a neighborhood style restaurant with globally inspired food in a casual yet refined setting. We are the restaurant for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PeraBell Food Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)fit for foodies (63)vibrant bar scene (46)good for groups (44)great for lunch (43)hot spot (40)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (29)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- demkofourDined on 10/19/2014What happened to the Crab Cakes??? My wife and I took a widowed friend out for dinner to celebrate what would have been her 40th anniversary. She had heard so much about the Crab Cakes from my wife, and was so looking forward to getting them. Aside from that bump in the road, our food and service was quite good and well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaniceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014We went to your restaurant for the first time the other night with friends and was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good. Would recommend it and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineSunshineDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent,we were running late for Herb Alpert playing right next door,staff made sure we got food quickly. Very nice place. Plan to go againSpecial Features:
- noise levelgkb1234Dined on 10/12/2014too bad the noise level in the bar drifts in to the dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehdeejayseaDined on 10/11/2014We chose PeraBell because the main competitors on Main Street were all barbecue joints. It was okay, but nothing to write home about. Service was good enough, but the food was just okay and certainly not worth the amount charged. My salmon dish was quite tasty, but our three other main dishes were meh. Not terrible, but edible.
- Mmmmm, good stuffIreneDined on 10/8/2014Loved sitting in the booth, very private and comfortable. Had the shrimp w/fettuccine - excellent, and enough for lunch the next day. Home made tater tots were awesome. Asian calamari and Asian slaw are top notch. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- LIVELYTirednessVIPDined on 10/5/2014Did not know of this restaurant until our daughter recommended it. We were 5 for dinner. I suggest a reservation. What I liked about this restaurant is that they take different ingredients and combine them to make a great an interesting meal. You would think this is a pub type restaurant. They have great food also. However, this restaurant does take standard food and up the scale. If in the neighborhood--give it a try.Special Features:
- Love it!!lovegml77Dined on 10/4/2014I absolutely loved Parabell Food Bar the service and the food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalterDined on 10/3/2014The review says it all. Food and ambiance were both good, the service was very good. Part of the new Patchogue Village bar and restautant ''scene''.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Lunch ExperienceAnniesezDined on 9/28/2014Dined here for lunch and the calamari was cooked perfectly and the burger and fries were great too - and they don't skimp on the fries which were great. The wait staff was friendly ---Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciousbelles53Dined on 9/27/2014Went for a family birthday dinner and everyone was happy with their choices. I had the Chicken Milanese, loved it and there was enough to take some home for the next day. Others had summer penne, pork chop, tilapia and hamburger. Wonderful pumpkin cheesecake dessert.Special Features:
- A little disappointed......JenSteDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I were looking for a new place to go. I found PeraBell on open table and though it looked good and when I read the reviews it seemed great! They seated us right on time which was nice, however it took about 15 mins for the waitress to come to the table to take our drink order even though there were multiple wait staff walking back and forth for those 15 mins. We placed our drink order, app order and meal order at the same time. Bad move because everything came out one on top of the other and we felt completely rushed. The food was very good. My husband had short ribs and I had seared tuna. I wouldn't say never to go here because the food was good. It's the service and timing that could use some help.Special Features:
- MemyselfandIDined on 9/20/2014Food was absolutely delicious! Reservation was ready upon arrival. Service was very good for as busy as it was.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding, compliments to the Chef. Although the place was much too noisy, I would go back for the food. Great menu, specials, excellent value.Special Features:
- Food was great!Wendy322Dined on 9/20/2014We were a table of 7 so we were able to try a lot from the menu...everyone had nothing but good comments about their menu selection, the Gorgonzola flatiron was cooked perfectly and was melt in your mouth yummy! Our only complaint (if you can really call it that) was the service was not up to par. We were never asked if we wanted another round of drinks so by meals end we were all drinking water. But if you came for the great food you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LnofeDined on 9/17/2014I come here often and for the most part get great service, but today I had a new waitress (can't remember her name) and after finishing our meals, we waited for almost 15 minutes before we could ask for the check. Food is definitely where it's at, haven't had a bad meal here yet. They also have a decent selection of craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am never disappointed....cleeDined on 9/14/2014I have found in the last year or so PeraBell is my restaurant of choice whenever I go out to eat. I have brought family there who are visiting from out of state and friends who live on the Island but have never been. I have been there for both lunch and dinner and no matter what time, the food and service are always top notch. The prices are reasonable and more important, the portion sizes are sufficient. I appreciate the gluten free options since I suffer from a wheat allergy. The atmosphere is comfortable and casual. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and staffSallisunshineDined on 9/13/2014This was our third time for dinner and it's always a pleasure. There's never a feeling of pressure to leave. Food is delicious and waitress is always checking to see if we are satisfied with our meal! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go to placeSatisfieddinerDined on 9/12/2014PeraBell has long been a favorite of my wife and mine. Her mother and stepfather also really like coming to PeraBell so it an easy decision to take them there for their anniversary. As always, we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and well presented. Each of us ordered a different entree and none of us were disappointed in our selection. The server (Halie) was wonderful and offered some great suggestions ranging from beverages to entrees. She was quite attentive throughout our meal and was extremely professional. Looking at the diversity of diners in the restaurant, there's clearly something to be had for everyone. If I had one concern, it's the noise in the dining area - but this is a direct result of the popularity of Perabell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were latelaxmom17Dined on 9/10/2014We had reservations for 6:45 but they would not seat us until our whole party was there; we were missing one. But it was great that we still had our table 15 minutes later...don't know if that would have been the case if the restaurant was busier. Food was good as usual.Special Features:
- A Favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Casual eatery can sit at bar or dine at table. Can order burger, sandwiches or entree. Ever changing specials. This is a favorite of ours. Bombay/tonic and Absolute/cranberry made perfect!! Appetizer (not sure of name) mushroom, tomatoes, eggplant, goat cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar, delicious!! Our dinners...Scallops over spinach and Summer Penne... WOW highly recommend!! Mixed berry cobbler for desert had us scraping the dish. Put this restaurant on your "to dine list"Special Features:
- Just okpatt1Dined on 9/6/2014The Salmon dish was delicious, the filet mignon tasted like a mouth full of salt. It's hit or miss. The ambience was just ok. The location was perfect for the Patchogue Theatre, just a few steps away. I think if I stayed at the bar and had a few drinks and some appetizers I would have been much happier.
- Great time & food with an asterick*LarryDined on 9/6/2014I had early reservations because of a show next door. We were seated right away. The service was excellent and the food was way above average. The only thing I felt was when we got there the place was empty and we were seated right away. Within a half hour the place filled up. When our meal was served the place was full. I just got a feeling while we were eating they were trying to rush us to get done. The bus boy wanted to take my wife's plate and mine before we were done on two separate occasions. We purposely booked an early dinner so we can take our time and not rush out because of the show.Special Features:
- Always goodfoodeeDined on 9/4/2014Have been there numerous times- meal always excellent, prices fair, manager and waiter (Mike)excellent- Attentive. Favorite spot to go highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service, Food , were great!! We will be coming back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradee99Dined on 8/28/2014I have eaten at PeraBell several times since its opening, and it just continually improves. The addition of the glass doors which open to the outside and allow for outside seating is a plus for the atmosphere. The food never disappoints! I try something new each time I go there, and they always deliver. Aside from the noise level which can be loud at times, there is nothing negative about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers and sandwichesDine1107Dined on 8/27/2014We went there for the burgers and the burgers certainly lived up to PeraBell's reputation. Good food, good portions, good service, good price...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowish night, indifferent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/25/2014I'm a regular but for an uncrowded Tuesday night service was unattentive and medium rare came as well done.Special Features:
- A good food barJoeLDined on 8/25/2014Just like they describe themselves, they are a very good food bar. They have basic and simple meals with an assortment of specialties. The service is consistently good. The outdoor dining is along Main Street in Patchogue. Interior dining is a bit noisy wight he large dining room and hardwood surfaces, but it is pleasant and spacious. It location next to the Patchogue Theater makes it perfect for a pre show meal or post show stop.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!DrCammyMDDined on 8/23/2014I travel over 45 minutes when I go to Perabell, because the food is that good! On a recent visit, I had the scallops dish and it was truly outstanding! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- If you haven't been there- A MUSTSargeDined on 8/21/2014There isn't a better restaurant in a 20 mile radius, at least! Always one of our first stops when we are in NY. Love, love, love PeraBell's!Special Features:
- Its a fun place, the food really goGoodjudgeDined on 8/18/2014great drinks great food. got there at 6 and they didn't have one of there appetizer specials, thought that was odd, but other then that it was good experience.Special Features:
- Great after theater diningPattiDined on 8/17/2014Situated right next to the Patchogue Theater, Perabel provides convenient before and after dining. While we opted to eat inside many diners availed themselves of the outdoor tables. Although it was crowded with the after play crowd we were seated quickly and soon a friendly waitress attended to us. My husband enjoyed the lobster corn chowder. My wedge salad was good but I didn't care for the fried onion rings on top. The horseradish encrusted salmon was delicious and the asparagus was done to perfection. My husband said his hamburger was one of the best he has eaten. Throughout the dinner our waitress was attentive and friendly under very busy conditions. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Strong menumdtrufleDined on 8/17/2014This is not my first time at this restaurant but this time around I did wait some time for waiter/waitress service. AND the waitress stated we would need to order our appetizer and main entrée together b/c that's "how the chef wants it." Well...the chef isn't paying my bill and sometimes I change my order after I eat the appetizer. So, I was very disappointed with that statement. Additionally, when I booked thru Open Table in the comment section, I had requested an outside patio table and I was informed that they don't take reservations for the outside patio area it's first come first serve. But, this information was NOT communicated to me till I arrived for my reservation. Overall, I was disappointed at the lack of customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P0foodieDined on 8/16/2014Good food, reasonable prices, good service & atmosphere. Make a reservation Friday to Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely would returnBjbankerDined on 8/13/2014Reservation time was perfect, no waiting. Food was terrific and the location was perfect for theater goers. We would definitely return next time we have theater tickets.Special Features:
- PreTheater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014My friends and I dined at PeraBell before attending a performance at the Patchogue Theatre. The menu has a wide variety of choices, food is good and our smiling waitress, Danielle, was helpfull and efficient.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Very nice, varied menu. Attentive service. Somewhat noisy. Nice outdoor patio on main street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Visitfedwell2Dined on 8/7/2014It was a real pleasure to have eaten at Pera-bell for the first time. The food was outstanding and the service equally as well. My family truly enjoyed everything about your restaurant and plan on future visits.Thank you....AnthonySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGigiDined on 8/6/2014Right next door to Patchogue Theater which was a plus to the great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.