Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
455 Park Ave
Worcester, MA 01610Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.epeppercorns.com/
- Phone: (508) 752-7711
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Marcos Ferreira
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Peppercorns is famous for their great catering services. We have a wonderful catering menu available at www.epeppercorns.com as well as the option to personalize any menu of your choice.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Oliveri 5087527711x
A word from Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
Serving up casual Italian food in Worcester has been a Peppercorn’s tradition for over 25 years. Peppercorn’s Grille and Tavern is a comfortable, family friendly Worcester restaurant offering up a variety of tasty and affordable menu selections with featured entrees that include seafood, chicken, pasta, burgers and more. Peppercorn’s also has daily specials to tempt your taste buds along with Worcester’s best thin crust pizza, an outstanding kids menu and a wine list that rivals any Worcester restaurant. With 7 high definition flat screens, appetizer specials, a one of Worcester’s best collections of craft brewed beer, including our very own Wormtown Ales, the Peppercorn’s Lounge is the best place in Worcester to catch a game, relax with friends, and have a great night out on the town. For two generations, Peppercorn’s has been the place to dine for great Italian food in Worcester. So stop on in, and let us show you just how good Italian Dining in Worcester really can be!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (21)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We picked Peppercorns becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We picked Peppercorns because a group of friends were getting together and we needed a central location. Given the fabulous reviews, we chose this wonderful place to meet. The service was outstanding. The food was awesome. I couldn't believe what a gem we had been lucky enough to come upon. The reviews really are an important resource especially in our situation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2014No matter what you like, you can find it on the menu. Great appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches, full meals. We had some of the best burgers ever. Cooked to perfection, juicy and flavorful. Mountain of sweet potato fries - not greasy, just out of this world. Reasonable prices. Our go-to lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014I got a lobster bisque soup that was amazing. My girlfriend ordered a burger and they gave her the option to have ground beef, veggie, turkey, or even a tuna steak. She got the tuna and it was really good. I didnt drink but noticed they had a good beer selection. One of the best places Ive eaten in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!rogerspaDined on 12/31/2013Awesome beer selection!! I almost always get the "Hand of the Chef" when I go for dinner. You don't know what it will be and the server won't tell you but so far... I have never been disappointed! It's like going over someone's house for dinner and you don't know what they are serving. It's fun!Special Features:
- perfect eveningmarkcfoodDined on 12/31/2013From beginning to end this was a great dining experience. Nice atmosphere, excellent wait staff ,and delicious food. That about sums it up. There were 5 people in our group and we'll all be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place to eatGrammyof2Dined on 12/31/2013We like going to Peppercorns at least once a month because we always get a good meal there. One of my favorite dishes is the baked stuffed shrimp. Its always tender and the stuffing is very tasty. My husband as tried most of the seafood dishes on the menu and has enjoyed them all. The have what they call a "chefs surprise" where you dont know what your getting but its always something special. The sangria is my favorite and my husband likes the extensive choices of draft beers. I would recommend this resteraunt to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DiningSusanDined on 12/29/2013Great selection of appetizers and main dishes from a hamburger to a gourmet meal. Recommend the risotto balls and Tuscan potato chips! Family friendly.Special Features:
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We were with a large group and we all ordered something different. Everybody loved what they ordered! I've tried many of the things on the menu and everything is always delicious. I would recommend this to a friend or family member!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSusanDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant was great, the salmon was cooked to perfection , my husband got a chicken dish and was also very pleased. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great Family Night OutGzak1977Dined on 12/21/2013I took my wife and step daughter here before a showing of A Christmas Carol and it was excellent! I had been here once before and the food was always amazing! The servers are always polite and attentive and took very good care of us. We will be back and in the very near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatSRSMDined on 12/12/2013The food is always great, the wait staff very professional. I have been here many times with friends and relatives and it has always been a great meal and atmosphere along with very pleasant and efficient wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentBigDVIPDined on 12/6/2013Each time we have eaten at Peppercorn's the food has been excellent. The prices are reasonable and the service is good. Great place to go in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased every member of our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2013We went to peppercorns to celebrate a family birthday and diners ranged from 86 to 26. The food was fantastic - everyone was pleased with his or her meal. I had the hand of the chef after seeing it on a nearby table - the chicken stuffed with goat cheese and spinach was cooked perfectly and the accompanying marscapone mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. The asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was also a nice addition. Other diners had pasta, fish and chips, and steak tips and most plates were clean by the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my reservation on OpenCarolVIPDined on 11/16/2013Made my reservation on Open Table, asked for a table in a quieter area as my husband is very hard of hearing and a lot of background noise is problematic for him to carry on a converstion. We arrived 15 mins early, as traffic was not as bad as we had anticipated. We waited the 15 mins, then were escorted to a table at the entrance of the dining room, the most bustling, noisy area in the entire room! Oh well, didn't want to make a big deal. Wine and beer selection was good, husband had the beer sampler. 1 of his choices was not available, he did enjoy the 4 he tried. Pasta bolognese was AMAZING, chicken piccata a little bland. Panzanella salad excellent. Service was very attentive. Will wait for a more satisfactory table next time.
- Good and reliableAllenDined on 11/9/2013The 'corn is near to my home so its a regular dining spot for us. The brewery is right there so the are always many beer choices as well as wines. But the food is far above typical pub fare. It has a well rounded menu with many Italian influences. All in all,very dependable.
- A great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2013The quality and quantity of food exceeded my expectations for the reasonable prices. I also liked the wide selection of wine, all at $23/bottle. The atmosphere is quite casual but the food is fine dining, a perfect combo for me. I'm looking forward to returning for the steak tips and Neuberg soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutGregDined on 11/8/2013I recently brought my wife out to Peppercorns for our anniversary and had an awesome time. The food was excellent, the service was great and we will definitely be back! And soon! The dessert menu was my favorite. I can wait to go back next month when we go to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monthly get togetherLucyDined on 10/29/2013Went there on a Tuesday night wth family, no children. Had a very good dinner. Server was wonderful. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKarenDined on 10/19/2013We chose Peppercorn's for a birthday get together and had a great evening. The entire meal was very good, from appetizers to dessert. There were 6 of us and no one had a complaint about the food or service. The portions were large. 4 of the 6 of us went home with doggie bags. It's been a while since I'd eaten at Peppercorn's and I know I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!AllovesHartfordVIPDined on 10/5/2013One of several specials for the evening was a lemon-peppered swordfish served with their own version of a deliciously crispy potato pancake. Both were spectacular. I've eaten at Peppercorn's many times and always been pleased with my meal, but this time it was even above the very-high previous standard of my earlier visits. All 3 people dining with me were pleased with their meals as well. This was a very busy Saturday evening but nevertheless, the service was friendly and efficient. I really love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Foodjohnsonra2VIPDined on 9/29/2013Appetizers, entree, wine, and service were all great. This was our 3rd time here and haven't had a bad meal or service yet. The appearance is not that great though. It is a 45 minute drive for us, but worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealanonDined on 9/27/2013Excellent thin crust margherita pizza. Well presented imaginative entrees, not iovercooked. Excellent beer on tap. Knowledgeable and friendly server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a SmileDonsDined on 9/27/2013From the time we pulled up to meet the valet we were treated very well. We came in for our 7:30pm reservation and were met with a smile by the front desk area the GM. We explained we were first timers and he made it point to explain the menu and give us his recommendations. They did not disappoint. The wait staff was prompt and friendly which included the bus staff. I would highly recommend as the food was fantastic but the service, which may be a lost art was very prevalent here. Great job Peppercorn Grille Team!!Special Features:
- Awesome...HappyCamperDined on 9/27/2013The food was great, service impeccable. We will be going back again. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelylaw1Dined on 9/22/2013I would highly recommend this restaurant. I chose it online to meet an old college buddy and it was halfway. I'm so glad I did and the next time we get together we will come back here. The food was excellent and the service beyond great. It was a very nice family place and seemed the place to be on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a reasonable priceCnewkDined on 9/14/2013Our group of 4 enjoyed a wonderful night out at Peppercorns. They have interesting drink selections, such as Bananas Foster, which was better than I expected. The meal selections all looked wonderful! The tortellini Matthew was terrific. Service was quick and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dealm2smithDined on 9/13/2013Dinner for two after work because no one felt like cooking means we're tired and just want to snarf something fast. Haven't been to Peppercorns in a while so we gave it a shot as a change from Shrewsbury Street. We have to remember to go back more often! Seated right away, specials explained, orders taken drinks arrived then dinner. I had meatloaf, quinoa and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto - awesome! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun date nightLisaCDined on 9/7/2013enjoyed sampling many Wormtown brews...great server...and fun to try the mysterious "hand of the chef" dish which was delicious! reasonably priced and easy to get a reservation day before. definitely noisy, but not in a bad way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Peppercorns never fails to impress us. Their Restaurant Week and Lobster Mania menus gave us so many delicious options. Their is always someone that orders the "Hand of the Chef" entree and it always receives high praises. Our group considers themselves draft beer snobs so the beer list is a definite plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodjshoopVIPDined on 8/10/2013My family and I love Peppercorns. The food is always good and they have a wide varitey of micobrews. Very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local microbreweryWineguyDined on 7/19/2013Great local place, always has new brews on tap to try. The food is fantastic, atmosphere is great. If you've never been, gotta go.Special Features:
- Disappointing ....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013Have been here twice for Xmas parties & thrice for dinner ...In terms of atmosphere, service and food, it's all average at best. Recently, party of six.; waitress [KK]; need draft beer in 2-sizes; good bottle of red wine at $22.; 'tuna' burger small; the 1/2-plate of 'fire & ice' lacked seasoning; 'lettuce wrap' appetizer was make-it-yourself with only sprouts, grated carrots & lettuce leaves with some grilled chicken; 'fish taco' appetizer look/tasted like frozen fish-sticks; the $21'stuffed tuna' special was over-priced; 2 burger o.k; only 1-loaf of bread & dipping oil offered [butter packets?]; 2cheesecake desserts looked better tasted; Menu is busy -- italian? Pub? Service slow for a place that wasn't busy. Would not recommend it.
- Pleasant nightBrewDined on 7/10/2013I had never been here before. Staff was attentive and knew the menu. I didn't make it past the lobster menu. I chose the lobster ravs and they were excellent. I loved the Wormtown Brew beers also. There were children in the resturant that were enjoying themselves and were very well behaved. I love the fact you can make a reservation as I hate waiting for a table. The noise level measure above is difficult. i would say it was between quiet and moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Suprise!ZelmoDined on 7/5/2013Name seems to suggest a beer and burger type bar, but is anything but. They have a small brewery attached, but that is a nice add on for the beer lovers. Wife and I were surprised by choice and quality of food. She had the special pork tenderloin; loved it. Says it had the best mashed sweet potato she ever had. I had the chicken special with mushroom ravioli which was grilled and had grilled portabellas, peppers, onions in a spicy tomato sauce that was really very good. I took half home! My cousin and his girl had the "Hand of the Chef" special. It a special designed for the adventurous foodie. They won't tell you anything about it other than you will love it. This time it was a fish dish designed to look like the USA Flag! They loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compared with other open tableNiceSurpriseDined on 7/2/2013Compared with other open table restaurants this could have been the diamond in the rough but alas no. Everyone was friendly and attentive. The food was generous but that is about it. This place should close for a month and remodel the 1950's nothing quaint setting. This is clearly a popular local watering hole. It is too bad they aren't better served with something to be proud of and enjoyable.
- Great Food but .......WorkpartyDined on 6/28/2013The only issue our party had was the billing. The waitress was unable to process more than one card on a bill. She also flat out refused to divide the bill up for us despite us asking when we first arrived. The food was excellent and the food service was great up until the bill became an issue the waitress became somewhat nasty to us. We all paid 20% gratutity, I would have felt better about that if we were allowed to divide the bill up. :)
- LobstermaniaJslantz1948VIPDined on 6/25/2013Returned to try some more of the Lobstermania menu; lobster risotto last time was delicious. This time the Baja salad was just as good...it is going to be a very good lobster summer a t Peppercorns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013We chose the restaurant because it was halfway for us and my daughter's CT family. Pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. Nice menu variety with very reasonable lunch prices. The Lobster Mania specials were very enticing. My wife enjoyed her Lobster Risotto, although it had a bit too many tomatoes. My Pasta Bolognese was excellent, as was my daughter's Seafood Risotto. The Wormtown brews available added to the overall excellent meal, accompanied by excellent service during a very busy time. We will return to Peppercorn's soon. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than AdvertisedBigDVIPDined on 6/14/2013The staff was attentive and very friendly. The food was excellent for all five entrees...so good! The fresh, delicious "Wormtown" craft brews were a very pleasant surprise. I recommend for all occasions.Special Features:
- All Around Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2013I've been to Peppercorns for appetizers in the bar and lunch and dinner in the dining room. Excellent each time. Great food, drinks, and service. Reasonable prices for good portions. Wormtown Brewery is an added benefit. Love the Pro Am Porter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.