Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
455 Park Ave
Worcester, MA 01610Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.epeppercorns.com/
- Phone: 5087527711x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Marcos Ferreira
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Peppercorns is famous for their great catering services. We have a wonderful catering menu available at www.epeppercorns.com as well as the option to personalize any menu of your choice.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Oliveri 5087527711x
A word from Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
Serving up casual Italian food in Worcester has been a Peppercorn’s tradition for over 25 years. Peppercorn’s Grille and Tavern is a comfortable, family friendly Worcester restaurant offering up a variety of tasty and affordable menu selections with featured entrees that include seafood, chicken, pasta, burgers and more. Peppercorn’s also has daily specials to tempt your taste buds along with Worcester’s best thin crust pizza, an outstanding kids menu and a wine list that rivals any Worcester restaurant. With 7 high definition flat screens, appetizer specials, a one of Worcester’s best collections of craft brewed beer, including our very own Wormtown Ales, the Peppercorn’s Lounge is the best place in Worcester to catch a game, relax with friends, and have a great night out on the town. For two generations, Peppercorn’s has been the place to dine for great Italian food in Worcester. So stop on in, and let us show you just how good Italian Dining in Worcester really can be!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Snappy SallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014So I went on a Wednesday. The food was fantastic. This is why I went in the first place, was because of the menu. There was a large group seated a few tables away, distracting and took away from the ambiance of the restaurant. Our waitress was very quick with us: lady, we're ordering a bottle of wine, this is going to be a long night. She didn't get that memo. Literally asked for our order multiple times before we were ready and then if she could box my dinner up after two bites. Forgot the bread. Forgot the water. Then I forgot the take-home wine on the table. I came back into the restaurant, two other waitresses stared me down through a glass window (you're not hiding well) before finally coming over to assist. Again, food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise.ImzadiDined on 10/18/2014I found Peppercorn's online through a general search for dining in Worcester. We were meeting friends for a bite, and chose this restaurant. The reservation was ready on time. The food was WONDERFUL! The had gluten free options for my husband, and their "chef's surprise" dinner was out of this world. The waiter was very attentive to us. I would highly recommend coming here, and we will surly be back!Special Features:
- Modify The "Cafeteria" Type LightsScalettaDined on 10/18/2014We were very pleased with the food, the service, the menu selections and the price. The only problem for us was the ambiance. The main dining room has a high ceiling with large overhead lights that are quite bright and caused us to think of a cafeteria type atmosphere. The noise level is also quite high, probably, at least in part, due to the ceiling height. Both of these things can be addressed; the lighting via dimmers and the noise level, possibly through some noise absorbing decorations in the room. With these adjustments, 5 stars. The parking lot is large but was crowded due to it being a Saturday night. Valet parking is available. I would recommend a reservation. We had one and were seated promptly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014This is one time, an exception, when the service was inattentive and slow. Otherwise, Peppercorns is an excellent place to lunch.Special Features:
- Delicious dessertsCallistaDined on 10/12/2014We were seated quickly after 2 minutes with a reservation. I ordered the Salmon Timothy which was so good. It was salmon tips on spinach with broccoli on the side. My daughter loved the bread and my young son loved the beef tips with fries. The chocolate dessert and the bread pudding were served warm with ice cream and whip cream and were so delicious!Special Features:
- Great food and Wormtown beer!DisneyDivaMomDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Peppercorns for all meal times. Best value is brunch and lunchtime. The Wormtown beer, with the brewery on site, is a huge plus for craft beer lovers! They also have many other great cocktail choices. Brunch is our favorite, Sunday's 10-1. TV was too loud at football time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/8/2014Today's service was not as great as usual, but it was still okay. This is the case where the exception proves the rule. SunHee Kim GertzSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014The waitstaff, both this and the former time I had a group at Peppercorn's, were fantastic.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!bobloblawlawblogDined on 9/21/2014Came here for a birthday lunch with a group after doing a Yelp search in the area (we all live in different areas of the state, so none of us were familiar with this particular area/restaurant). We needed a restaurant that would fit everyone's needs. One person only likes pasta, one needs to have meat at every meal, 2 wanted seafood...yeah, you're just not gonna find that everywhere. Peppercorn's fit the bill, and went above and beyond. Food was great, service was impeccable, the area was quiet. I have no complaints, and everyone in my party felt the same way. Will definitely come back if I'm in Worcester again.Special Features:
- ReneegDined on 9/20/2014Food was fantastic! We just wished our waitress paid a little more attention to us. I would highly recommend the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Minimal wait, great food, so glad I learned of it through WXLO. We will be back.Special Features:
- Peppercorn's ExcellsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great food and cocktails, excellent service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- An excellent late night find!YelworcDined on 7/25/2014We were looking for a place to eat after a show. We happily found Peppercorns took late reservations. The service, food and ambiance we great while we talked about the show. The Wormtown brew selection was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent beerxmasDined on 7/19/2014One definite plus is Peppercorn's affiliation with Wormtown brewery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinner good servicejimboraVIPDined on 7/14/2014We hosted a group of visitors for dinner during the Lobsterfest promotion. Almost everyone had lobster and enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantLCAPONE777VIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is great, it draws in a lot of families from around the area. They give great portions at good prices. The service we had was outstanding and TRULY made the experience what it was. There were a lot of kids (not like a chuck-e-cheese, but definitely wouldn't take someone here for a romantic night out). The food was phenomenal, for apps the risotto balls are a must - gooey and amazing! I had the east coast burger - espresso-chipotle rub, roasted veggies, fontina, bbq sauce... i'm not sure the rub was present, but the veggies were cooked really well, the cheese was plentiful and the bbq sauce was JUST enough. My friend got the Chicken Fontina - he said the garlic lemon cream sauce was more lemony than anything! Good Spot!Special Features:
- AverageJclanDined on 7/6/2014Portions were too large ! If rather have less better tasting food than a lot of bland food!Special Features:
- The following 337 reviews are from the Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern reviews archive.
- We didn't eat this time aroundjimboraVIPDined on 6/22/2014We reserved for Sunday at noon. We were seated promptly, given menus and placed our drink order. Peppercorns brews their own excellent Wormtown beer. We noticed that we'd only been given the brunch menu (much more heavily breakfast than lunch food) so we asked for the regular menu. Our server told us we could have one but couldn't order from it till 1 p.m. Since we wanted lunch and not breakfast, we finished our drinks and left without eating. A group of 5 was more lucky than we were because they found out they couldn't order lunch *before* they'd ordered drinks. They just turned around and walked out. Peppercorns has very good food. Their lack of accommodation and customer focus this time was most disappointing.Special Features:
- City gemTim1Dined on 6/21/2014Great food...service superb...in and out in an hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitchen sink saladsCsroleVIPDined on 6/20/2014Throwing everything in but the kitchen sink does not make a good salad. Sticking with a few, well-paired ingredients does.
- DisappointmentBigDVIPDined on 6/15/2014We often go to Peppercorn's. It is an excellent restaurant with the best food in the area. However, I was very disappointed with my attempt at a Father's Day Brunch with the family. I made a reservation for and arrived at 1PM and was told the brunch is all locked up. The front reception said the brunch times changed from 10-2 to 10-1 "a couple of weeks ago". Of note, the 10-2 time is STILL listed on their website. We had dinner food but that was not what we were looking forward too. We would have come at noon to make the brunch. I am disappointed with the effort of the staff and the overall lack of communication... Not sure I will return real soon.
- Amazing as usualamandabeth67Dined on 6/10/2014Absolutely delicious food! Great service! Love the new look to the place! I go here a lot and I have never had a bad experience. Cheers!Special Features:
- NEW MENU ITEMSBigDVIPDined on 6/7/2014EXCELLENT ADDITIONS TO THE MENU... SEAFOOD STUFFING FOR SHRIMP AND COD WAS GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Unpretentious BrewpubDotTimDined on 6/6/2014Peppercorns did a great job of creating a casual menu that's not just the same old pub food. Their burger choices, for instance, included many unusual topping combinations. And, as a vegetarian, I really appreciated that they have a house-made veggie burger that you can put on any of the choices, and that, unlike most restaurant veggie bugers, it was actually good. My wife got lobster mac and cheese. She appreciated how much lobster there was in it - and that they tell you on the menu how much is in it. We ordered Wormtown beers. I got the Kola Nut Brown Ale, which unfortunately was not very good (too much cinnamon - I love cinnamon, but it didn't really work here). Our server took it back and replaced it with a really delicious Porter.Special Features:
- Loved it!rkamVIPDined on 6/1/2014The brunch was great, our wairtess was very attentive and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Lobster ManiaJslantz1948VIPDined on 5/27/2014Peppercorn's summer special lobster mania has returned. For our first lobster visit we chose the lobster roll and the lobster tacos. Both were perfection. The roll come with fantastic crispy fries and the special cole slaw, which was good except for the addition of tarragon which unfortunately neither of us like. If you do like tarragon it is great cole slaw! The three tacos were perfection. The truffle frites were very good. We are now planning follow up visits to make our way through the menu....Special Features:
- lobster maniaqueenieVIPDined on 5/27/2014It is lobster mania time and we got the lobster mac n' cheese, which is always on the menu anyway. It is truly the best mac n' cheese I have ever had! The chunks of lobster are significant, adding to the deliciousness! One of my favorites at Peppercorn's!Special Features:
- family dinnerEnviroscimelDined on 5/22/2014We came here for a family dinner. The food took a long time to come out even though it wasn't that crowded. However, the food was excellent and our waiter was great. We love peppercorns and will continue to return.Special Features:
- Great food!girlsniteoutDined on 5/18/2014Peppercorn's did not disappoint. We were a party of 5 with reservations and a request for a corner table. Although it was very busy (college graduation weekend), we were seated on time at a corner table. Service was timely but not rushed. We ordered 3 different entrees and all were excellent! Our waitress was attentive to all of our needs. For the quality and service, prices are right on the mark.Special Features:
- Mystery DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Totally enjoyed dinner with my family to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. Took a chance and ordered the mystery dinner prepared by the chef and ordered blind. You have no idea what you're ordering so it can be a little stressful but to my delight, I loved my dish! I won't tell you what it was to keep the mystery alive ! I challenge you to visit and go for it! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Chicken fontinaSobesacDined on 5/11/2014I am always a fan of the chicken Fontina. And the desserts were out of this world, especially the deep fried cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of this world experiencet2toneDined on 5/10/2014My partner and another couple had dinner there the other night and the food was out of this world I had ordered the lobster mac and cheese let me tell you it was the best I ever had. My friends had the baked stuffed haddock and loved there dinner will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Not ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/9/2014Some people would find this food fine. In my opinion, the food was greasy and lacking flavor. However, it is a vibrant pub scene and is good for families if you are not as picky as I am.Special Features:
- Great Place!!!KimLaOBDined on 5/5/2014Wonderful atmosphere, great food & excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and deliciousRevjudithDined on 5/3/2014Peppercorn's never fails to satisfy -- especially with entrees like lobster mac & cheese. The good range of beers, featuring their own "Wormtown" label, is a plus. Prices are moderate, and servings are generous. Whenever we DON'T want to cook, and DO want eat well, Peppercorn's is our go-to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerKnerevoDined on 4/26/2014I've been to Peppercorns 4 or 5 times and have loved it each time. hey always have great choices for specials. The service is great, sometimes you'll have to ask for water to be refilled. The food comes quickly and everyone has always loved their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Room for this reservationNoEasterMealDined on 4/20/2014I booked a table for two from my wife and I a few days before Easter, so we could enjoy a nice quiet and relaxing holiday together. To be sure we had the right time, I called on Easter to see if we were all set, the waitress said there were no reservations and no vacancies and hung up. After eating there for over 5 years on a frequent basis with my whole family, I thought that a nice Easter dinner would be a wonderful new tradition. It is a new tradition alright, I will not be going to Peppercorns again. I can't believe the Olivari family would have such a witch working for them. They have lost a regular customer.Special Features:
- friendlyCathie1958Dined on 4/20/2014The people and food was good however I wish there was more to choose from.I was there for Easter and thought there was gonna be more..like Turkey but thank you for having usSpecial Features:
- great brunch!yummytotallyDined on 4/20/2014Absolutely stuffed on the great food and coffee! Thanks for the wonderfully warm service and quick food service!Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceprcbDined on 4/19/2014This was our first visit in many years. We had a total of 4 adults in our party. We were happy with food and felt it was a reasonable value. The service was a different story. The server was not attentive to us and often appeared annoyed that we needed anything from her. She was consistently slow on refills from the bar and didn't provide us with the bread and oil starter that is customary then took 15 minutes to bring to us when we requested it. To cap things off she threw out our left over meals that we asked her to wrap to take home Overall, food was worth the price but not sure I would return if this is the quality of the service.Special Features: