503 West Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peppercornmainline.com/
- Phone: 6109642588x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Peppercorn
Peppercorn offers six unique spaces to enjoy our Seasonal American menu, ideal for a quick bite, leisurely meal, or memorable celebration. Dine in our cozy tavern, charming sunroom, intimate whiskey parlor, or elegant main dining room. French doors spill onto our garden patio and our loft with personal bar can be booked for your next special event. We will do our best to accommodate the dining space you choose based on availability. Walk ins are welcome. Ideal space for events of all kinds, please visit our website www.peppercornmainline.com , follow us on twitter and instagram for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Peppercorn - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Peppercorn reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (21)good for groups (19)romantic (19)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect dining experienceChucknuckles57Dined on 8/22/2014Beautiful ambiance and decor, excellent service, and exquisite cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I very much enjoyed dinner at Peppercorn. The menu is a good variety of dishes, though it was missing the oysters which are on the menu on the restaurant's website. But I really enjoyed the tuna tartare and the lamb loin which was cooked nicely and I didn't have any problems with the portion sizes. The only thing that brought the dining experience down in my expectations was the attire of the waiting staff. The food quality and presentation and restaurant decor is certainly in tune with a higher level restaurant but the staff were dressed like they worked at a burger joint. This can be easily fixed, and yes I agree this is not such a big deal, but the menu prices really warrant a little bit more attention to that detail.Special Features:
- Very goodgmusanDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. The staff was gr e's at. They had a few really good choices of beer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Good place for business lunch, quite a few options which is nice for group of 4 or more to meetSpecial Features:
- Sub-ParfoodieforeverDined on 8/5/2014We waited an hour to get our food and it was only sub-par.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014came for a burger and a beer. what a burger! absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. had a great craft beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy and ordinarypassion4fdVIPDined on 7/29/2014Disappointing since last visit several mos ago. The fig crostini was served on dry untoasted bread, the pizza tasted like a prefab, the Brussels sprouts were extremely greasy. What happened? Last visit the food was actually goodSpecial Features:
- Lovely setting, Exceptional FooddatenightdinerDined on 7/25/2014Looking for a new place and stumbled on Peppercorn. What a great surprise. Beautiful charming interior. Two rooms with very different ambience. We chose lots of windows and a feeling of being outdoors. Food was delicious and different. Best caprese salad I ever ate. Will definitely make Peppercorn a regular night out.Special Features:
- Very Cool PlaceHopefulMJDined on 7/24/2014I've been to this lovely restaurant many, many times throughout all of its owners and changes. I've always liked it. Peppercorn has a very cool feel now - grays and blacks and ceramic backdrop over bar. It has a great cool vibe. Our hostess, Heather, greeted us warmly and took us to a wonderful table where our waitress couldn't have been nicer. The she-crab soup was delicious. It was a delightful business lunch and I shall return soon.Special Features:
- Superb dining experience!!HiddenGemDined on 7/20/2014I must say this restaurant definitely exceeded our expectations. The food was just amazing and the staff was so nice and attentive. We absolutely enjoyed our dining experience from the moment we stepped in till the moment we left!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Menu!!!CityfoodieDined on 7/9/2014Whoever constructed this menu did a beautiful job in providing options that are succulent but still lighter (shrimp with jalapeno grits appetizer was delicious, as was my spring salad), along with more decadent options (mushroom bruschetta, pizzas, etc.) I grabbed dinner with a girlfriend and was not interested in spending a fortune on dinner, I was able to have a beautiful experience here. while the bill realistic. I got the spicy pineapple margarita, which I appreciate was made with fresh lime and pineapple and no syrups. This is definitely a spot that you can go, enjoy a gorgeous meal and not spend a ton or consume 2000 calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGrtdiningDined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit to Peppercorn. We enjoyed the predecessor, George's. The drinks were good but, took an inordinate amount of time to arrive. There were three of us. I had a Caesar salad which I give a 6 out of 10. The small pizza was almost inedible. Less than half of it was eaten and that was a struggle according to the diner. The other lady had the lamb which was very tough. I had the deluxe burger which was quite good but, not worth the price of $17.95. The shoe string fries were poor. Plates were removed from the table while others were still dining. The open bottle of wine was left at the elbow of one of the diners where it came very close to being knocked over. It was an expensive but, not good. We will not be back.
- great neighborhood gemEsmeraldaVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is our go-to place in the neighborhood. Nice atmosphere. Good food and wine. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likeditalotDined on 6/28/2014pleasantly surprised--good service, quick, friendly. liked the fact that they give you a big bottle of cold water on the table. steak and halibut were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseLovefunfoodVIPDined on 6/26/2014I haven't been there in some time and we were all pleasantly surprised. The menu is great now with so many choices. The beet and kale salad was fantastic and the cheeseburger a killer! The French fries were really good but could have been cooked a little longer. Someone in our party had the cheese steak egg rolls and loved them! Also the fillet was perfectly done with great flavor. The Bronzino was also very good with nice flavors making it interesting not plain. We were too full for dessert- the new staff are terrific. Very relaxed yet professional - we will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014decided to change it up and have dinner at the bar. bartender was very friendly and attentive even though he had a crowd. food was tasty-- second time i have opted for the fish special here and this was just as good as the first. wife had a few appetizers for dinner-- brussel sprouts and crab guacamole were both good. shared a wonderful cheesecake for dessert. all in all a great evening at peppercorn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine. But not memorablePaleofoodieDined on 6/15/2014Food was fine. Side salad drowned in dressing- shame because it was good tasting but pooling in the plate. Eggs were great. We were one of two tables there for brunch at 11am. Waiter did not know his menu- my dad asked to sub canadian bacon for regular and waiter told him they don't have it. I showed the waiter it was actually on the menu multiple times in their eggs benedict options. Nice guy but clueless. Busmen were lovely and attentive. I would try dinner with a more experienced waiter. As we left glasses fell and shattered at the large party/table next to us...this place seems upscale but didn't feel it that morning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice experienceJacksDined on 6/11/2014Food and service were both excellent, and the spaces are beautiful. Caprese Salad, Peppercorn Filet, and New Orleans bread pudding were our faves.Special Features:
- Hit and MisshitandmissDined on 6/7/2014Our third visit was disappointing. We ordered 3 starters which were good. However the lamb shank which was described beautifully in the menu was simply without taste. The lamb was tender, but the sauce had no trace of the promised mint and simply drowned the potatoes and carrots resulting in one bland dish. The other platter was the duck which was somewhat overcooked, but the cherry-cabbage accompaniment was tasty. The key lime pie reminded me of a prepackaged frozen pie with rubbery crust and pudding like filling, hardly worth $10.Moreover the place had a dingy look about it , not present on our previous visits, Perhaps for over $200 we are not entitled to a white cloth on the table.Special Features:
- fine -- not remarkableLuv2dineDined on 6/7/2014The food was good but uninspired. Our service was good -- but not especially remarkable. The menu did offer a nice variety but it wasn't a particular value for what we had. Given it's reputation, we expected a bit more. Not disappointing, just not a Wow. A good spot for a business lunch but not a special occasion.
- PeppercornTeriVIPDined on 6/6/2014Excellent service & food. Our waitress Molly was friendly, very attentive, informative & knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopes.SammysprizeVIPDined on 6/6/2014We made a reservation hoping this place was going to be good. Inside the place is very nice. The server also was very nice. The food, not worth going back to. Salad was over peppered. Lamb was bland. Filet was the worst cut if beef. Tuff and chewy. Could not eat. Did not eat dessert. There were not a lot of customers. Too bad.
- It was nicebism12Dined on 6/1/2014Beautiful restaurant. French Toast was delicious but you can't go wrong with that. Lamb was terrible. Hubby loved the Shrimp & Grits. And the Creme Brulee trio was outstanding although I would have preferred to order just chocolate in a larger size. Outdoor dining seems to be reserved for private parties.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere - food was so-so.love2dinedavisDined on 5/31/2014We dine with friends and the bar atmosphere was fun. Appetizers were good. Entrees were so-so. Service was OK. There are other locations in the area where the atmosphere and food are consistently good.Special Features:
- Look elsewhereLA2PhillyDined on 5/31/2014first time at Peppercorn and itwas disappointing. The food was good to great. I wish we had heard the specials. We saw something arrive at the table next to us and they told us it was a special. Our waiter Alyson seemed to want our table to hurry along. We will look elsewhere for our daughter's rehearsal dinner.Special Features:
- Misses the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014While the service at this restaurant was excellent, the same cannot be said of the cuisine. Everything eaten seemed to not be fresh, from the horrible biscuits, to the salmon over the bed of kale. Hopefully this restaurant considers revamping the menu and having a focus on freshness as it is currently missing its potential.
- FantasticMainLineFoodieVIPDined on 5/22/2014All-around another great dinner at Peppercorn. Highly recommend for large groups--there are plenty of private rooms and event spaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014Hostess needs to be friendlier, maybe a welcome feeling would be nice. The waitress was very good, The new Dining Room is lovely.Special Features:
- Great experienceMainLineFoodieVIPDined on 5/20/2014Brussels sprouts, filet, crab cake, & wedge salad were all delicious. Service was excellent. The bar had a nice crowd and an energetic atmosphere. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceSylvesterDined on 5/20/2014great food and service during my happy hour visit. Go for the diver scallops atop jalapeño grit cake with the crab cake appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/20/2014Solid. Server was very friendly, food was prepared well. Portion sizes were a bit large, made some of the presentation clunky. Overall very good especially for suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBuckVIPDined on 5/16/2014The old restaurant was better, the dinners took over an hour to come out and they were lack luster to say the least....Special Features:
- What a shame ...LoLoVIPDined on 5/16/2014...to put all that money into renovating the former George's and then serve mediocre food! Add to that poor service, where the table was attended to by 3-4 servers that did not seem to know what the former server had provided, and you come to the conclusion that there is no reason to go to Peppercorn again, especially when you live in Wayne and have so many other great options.
- Worst mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Very disappointing. Salmon raw, when returned to kitchen was simply reheated rather than new piece. Sides were returned cold. No fork was given when meal returned. Hushpuppies were cold and overdone. Tasted like they were cooked earlier in the day. Out of the wine we ordered and comparable was $5/glass more. However, the salmon dinner was not charged.
- just missedMinimumVIPDined on 5/10/2014The service was amateurish, slow, incorrect and the wine warm. The food was ok - nothing exceptional.
- overpriced!PattyDined on 5/10/2014This is my 4th time to Peppercorn and the previous have been good experiences. This time I ordered diver scallops and for $32.00 I got 3 scallops, each on a patty of grits and a few peas surrounding them. This was way overpriced. It looked like an appetizer plate. Next time I will order a burger or pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridaynightfoodiesFridaynightfoodiesDined on 5/9/2014This restaurant just keeps getting better and better. We ordered a variety of starters and the margherita pizza to share. Everything was delicious. The lamb sliders and cheesesteak eggrolls were standouts! The service was also very good. We sat in the tavern and the crowd was lively and we ended up running in to a few different friends. It was a fun night and we are all looking forward to going back to Peppercorn next week- love it!Special Features:
- FabulousSusanDined on 5/9/2014We dined to Pepperorn this past friday night for our wedding anniversary, and we had a fabulous time. From the moment we walked in everyone was very cordial to us and the night only got better form there. The wait staff all worked together (which was a nice surprise), and our main waiter was a true gentleman! The food was not only delicious but they didn't rush you through each coarse & that is a big pet-peeve of mine! I would greatly recommend this restaurant to everyone, & I know we will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NSQdinerDined on 5/9/2014Second time at Peppercorn. New restaurant at the site that previously hosted George's. Great menu, very good food and service. This time they put us at a not so good table. Too noisy and pass thru . Ask for a table at the front facing room or the room facing the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crab cakes/BrownieNewZagats2VIPDined on 5/8/2014Excellent crab cakes and brownie and fish fry, friend said. Veggie pasta is good. Friend said the market fish sandwich was cold and soggy and so were the fries! The salmon was hot but dried out and served over a terrible red pasta sauce. Don't get those.A 19$ sandwich! It looked Gross! Stick to veggie pasta and the crab cakes!Special Features: