Peppercorn - Main Dining Room
503 West Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Peppercorn - Main Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peppercornmainline.com/
- Phone: 6109642588x
- Hours of Operation:
DINING ROOM HOURS
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
LUNCH- COMING SOON
$24 - 3 Course
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Gary 6109642588
- Special Events: Please contact Gary Murray
A word from Peppercorn - Main Dining Room
The Dining Room @ Peppercorn offers 5 unique spaces - the main dining room, the sun room, the whiskey parlor, the outdoor garden, and the private boardroom to accommodate any event. For interest in seating in our Tavern Room please visit The Tavern Room @ Peppercorn on opentable, or our website www.peppercornmainline.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peppercorn - Main Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- excellent veggie pasta and fish fryNewZagats2VIPDined on 4/29/2014Excellent fish fry and salad and veggie pasta… but, the key lime was a soggy graham cracker crust and although I enjoyed the filling, no one enjoyed that crust! Note to self, go for the brownie! :-)Special Features:
- Rainy day dinnerGrossmanDined on 4/29/2014We had the dining room and waitstaff all to ourselves (six of us) on a rainy Tuesday...dinner.(..trout special, pork tenderloin,lamb shank) all excellent, as were starters (wedge salad, soup ,fig/ grapes) and the bread pudding(a real standout) dessert. Only complaint was unnecessary background music in dining room...more suitable for the bar area but a distraction elsewhere. Prices hover around the usual main line levels....wines seem to be around three times retail. All in all a worthy destination,,,will keep coming back ( this was our third visit)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was OKhowdydotodayDined on 4/20/2014First time here since the restaurant changed from George's to Peppercorn. Many of the old ways are still in play including homemade ice cream, omelet station, and carving station. Updated décor and less crowded spacing in the bar. Bruch less expensive than before. Will try for other meals and report back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CynthiaVIPDined on 4/18/2014the bathroom was unattended and dirty, the staff were into themselves and the food was unexcepional for the price.
- Very slow servicelunchbunchDined on 4/13/2014Although the restaurant was not busy, except for a medium sized party, the service from the kitchen was very slow. Nothing was offered while we waited for our brunch. We had our bar drinks but nothing else. This has been a chronic problem with Peppercorn since its opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good, butjillDined on 4/12/2014The service was good, but the food was over seasoned / salty. Overpowered the taste of the underlying food. Very disappointing.
- Atmosphere is great. LovedFakakDined on 4/12/2014Atmosphere is great. Loved the open air feeling with skylights and open doors. Food was excellent with much attention paid to presentation. Lots of great choices without being overwhelmed with what to pick. Trio of Creme Brulee and Bread Pudding were to die for! I will definitely promote this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerGrossmanDined on 4/10/2014Wedge salad and roasted grape and fig appetizers were perfect. Dinners were salmon, hanger steak and bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, all of which were ample quantity, well prepared and attractively plated. Bread pudding and brownie desserts ended a great dinner experience. Decor in dining room quite pleasant...kind of french provincial...rustic tables without cloths, dishcloth napkins, grass wallpaper...most comfortable. Worth returning..maybe try bar area next, though dining room menu did also have the simpler choices like burgers available so the quieter dining room may be the best choice All in all a place worthy of repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2SylvesterDined on 4/6/2014Stopped in for a quick bite before catching a movie with my wife. Informed of this, our server was attentive and ensured we were in and out in 45 minutes. Enjoyed a great craft beer list, a shared order lamb sliders, the diver scallops atop jalapeño grit cake, the Colorado lamb shank, and the key lime pie. All were incredible. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peppercorn Sunday BrunchfoodieDined on 4/6/2014We decided to give Peppercorn a try for brunch. The chichen salad sandwich was delicious, the french toast with friuit very good. Ratings seemed a bit hit or miss but we had great service and a very enjoyable meal!Special Features:
- Dinner turned adventureBryanDined on 3/28/2014Recommended by coworkers which is always a good start. I came with a party of three. We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and seated immediately. The drink list was unique and the Jalapeño Lemonade I ordered was refreshing and delicious. The Butternut squash ravioli in our first course was warm and comforting to taste it was as if we had desert first. The presentation of the oysters ordered was simple and refined. Each halved shell was layed on a small white sand mounds over a slate plate complimented with lemon, horseradish sauce, and chopped red onion. If you love lobster then the lobster salad is the way to go. The main course scallop special was amazing; from presentation to taste it had it all! Desert: Trio of creme brulee. Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!pickyeaterDined on 3/27/2014We tried the 4 course special and all 4 were superb.Special Features:
- Food & serviceTasterDined on 3/26/2014Food was good but not special. Service was excellent.
- Can't miss with the prix fixe mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Outstanding food and service. In my party three people had the filet all cooked to different specifications and all three were cooked perfectly. The entire menu and full courses are offered for the prix fixe meal. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food/wrong music choicesMadLibChickDined on 3/18/2014Overall experience here 2 times for lunch has been very nice- predictably good. when the filet mignon is on the special bd- get it and put it over the caesar salad !!! A true winner! However the music choices are totally wrong - I was looking for a dance floor!!!! and really loud! They could change the genre of music and make the whole experience so much better. It didn't help that we were under the speaker either- and there was really no one there that day- only 3 other tables in this large bar area. It is a Quiet place for lunch - bar scene looks like it could be quite a fun time. beautiful interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peppercorn ReviewShariVIPDined on 3/9/2014Went to Peppercorn recently with some friends on a Sunday evening and it was just okay. The menu and wine by glass are limited and a bit pricey. For someone like myself, who prefers not to eat meat, the menu does not have any entrée options that do not include meat. They also need to update the menu on their web site as it does not reflect what is on the menu and remove the dining special which is why we decided to try. When we arrived and asked our waitress about it, she did not know anything about the special and asked the manager. The manager came over and told us they no longer offer the special. Our server was good although not very personable. Overall, our group found the experience very disappointing.
- Hit or MissChrisDined on 3/8/2014Our table ordered the price fixe menu at $55 each, which included two appetizers, entree and dessert. Most of the appetizers dishes were excellent -- creative and beautifully presented. Two of us had the pork ossobuco, which was very tender and tasteful. However, two guests had mixed results with the peppercorn filet. One was ordered medium, with pink in the center and it came out well done and dried out. Unfortunately, nothing was done to make up for the cooking error. The desserts were also hit or miss. My bourbon bread pudding was very good, but the apple crisp pastry was slightly tough. All in all, we had a good, but not excellent experience with regard to the food. I would consider returning with a different group.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceRitaDined on 3/8/2014We went for lunch and the menu was very limited. I don't eat meat and the only thing available was a grilled cheese sandwich which was very good. The wine is very expensive and the food prices are high too. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Absolutely Spectacular!Em2525Dined on 3/1/2014This was by far the best dining experience I have ever enjoyed. From start to finish my experience was flawless. The room we were dining in (The Garden Room) was lovely. With it's quaint appeal but still lively atmosphere we enjoyed or delicious meal with the help of our wonderful waiter. Our meal from appetizer to dessert was nothing short of phenomenal. I highly recommend the Crab Cake(Appetizer) Lobster Mac & Cheese(Entree) Trio Crème Brûlée Sampler(Dessert). The bar was lively and energetic with the outstanding crew. I highly recommend this restaurant and I am looking forward to many more occasions to return for another fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablekt1710Dined on 2/26/2014this was our first visit and we really enjoyed our experience. The food was very good and served beautifully. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The decor is lovely. We were in the dining room which is more formal and perfect for a special meal. Table distance was nice so there were no tables where neighbors were too close. We stopped in the bar room where there is a more casual menu. We intend to come back with friends and try that out. It seemed to be a very warm looking room with tvs and a cozy atmosphere. Overall a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Just OkBetsyVIPDined on 2/22/2014I thought the food was just ok. I do not like peppercorns in my bread, but honestly the bread was not very tasty period, so it wasn't a loss to choose not to eat it. I liked the $55.00 dining option, and the tortellini was really good! Otherwise the steak was kind of tough and overcooked. So, I don't really feel like I need to visit again.
- We had the prix fixe at oursusancpaDined on 2/22/2014We had the prix fixe at our table, which was a decent value, but prices overall are high for what you get in my opinion, especially if you don't go for the prix fixe. The food was fine, but not extraordinary. Service was polite, but painfully slow and uneven. I would probably try it again, especially since the restaurant itself is lovely and a good place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Have some maturing to doDawnPatrolDined on 2/15/2014Nice makeover but young staff that couldn't get our wine and foo orders correct. Portions inconsistent. Food temperature off. In the end the dining bill was even incorrect (in our favor) but we told waitstaff to make sure to charge for a bottle instead of a glass of wine.Special Features:
- dinner not as great as lunchstephanieDined on 2/15/2014we had lunch here a few weeks backand it was super, so we booked dinner. dinner was a bit lackluster by comparison, but it is still lovely inside, friendly service. nice wine and closer to home than the city. i am not a complainer. any night out with grown-ups only is a winner in my book! for improvement purposes/constructive criticism: i'd say the food all just needed more oomph. my caesar salad was downright boring and it is something i always look forward to at nicer places bc they normally hit it out of the park compared to my home version. my salmon was also very bland. the philly cheesesteak eggrolls and the short ribs were the best things our group ordered...Special Features:
- valentine's dayItalianaDined on 2/15/2014The pumpkin tortellini and pear chestnut soup were outstanding. Sauteed mushroom appetizer was MUCH too salty- could not finish. Kale/beet salad delicious. Filet average. Striped bass INSIPID. Bread pudding ok. Dolce de lecce cheesecake tasteless but salted caramel ice cream on the side was heaven/ memorable. Perfect cappucinos. Overpriced wineSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDiningoutDined on 2/14/2014Service was poor to say the least. Food (main entree) was very good but only the entree. Drinks were way over priced $14.00 for a Bloody Mary in a martini glass???
- A little pricey, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2014A little pricey, especially the alcohol, but the shrimp and grits appetizer was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely redoneJamieVIPDined on 2/7/2014An improvement over the last place that occupied this spot. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and approachableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/6/2014My friend and I decided to venture out of the tavern side and tried the $55 4-course option in the dining room. I was surprised at freshness and quality of fish - haven't found too many places that offer great seafood dishes. The jalapeño shrimp and grits (shrimp head on - which I loved!) was delicious. The dining room is elegant but casual and approachable - thought it was nice they offered a variety of wines by the glass. The fireplace added a cozy touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found service to be outstanding.marycolketDined on 2/1/2014Found service to be outstanding. Food was good but not off the charts than any other restaurant that is in that caliber. The bread is to die for as well as a good cup of coffee. I would recommend Peppercorn for a lovely night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just thought me being aFoodie1Dined on 1/24/2014I just thought me being a vegetarian it lack options for me. The one pasta dish on the menu was ok. It lacked taste, Sauce & veggies. On the other hand my husband's lamb was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined but approachableSylvesterDined on 1/23/2014The night before we had dinner at a 3 Michelin star restaurant, and we actually enjoyed our meal at Peppercorn even more. The food was prepared beautifully -- no pomp and circumstance just exquisitely cooked dishes. The atmosphere is elegant and the service attentive and polished. I would say the highlight of the meal for me was the lamb. This is a great place to come for a special occasion, or if you just feel like spoiling yourself with a first-rate meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical overpriced Mainline diningMarcusVIPDined on 1/17/2014Good, but uninspired and overpriced food. Service was pleasant but slow and confused. Forgot drinks, etc. great olive bread, though!
- Birthday DinnerFoodiesVIPDined on 1/14/2014The food is well spiced and every dish was excellent. They paid special attention to us as we were there for my Mom's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting better & betterNanookDined on 1/8/2014GP step aside for DM the new king at Eagle. The new menu and the fact that you can choose either rustic or fine dining makes this a very unique spot for dinner or a quick bite. It was my wife's birthday and we could not have picked a better place to celebrate. I had the pork shank and my wife had the lamb loin. Both were elegant and delicious and incredibly satisfying. Now for the best part. If you get crème brulee anywhere in the Delaware Valley you have to get it here. What arrived at the table was a beautiful golden sugar globe which when broken reveled the most delicious creamy crème brulee center. I would go JUST for that dessert. It was elegant and the perfect wrap-up to a wonderful night. We are coming back to do rustic this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2013Peppercorn has been open for four months but service still is below par. It took more than 15 minutes for our cocktails to arrive. Even after we commented on the service, it was still slow. They did a nice job adapting the menu for the one vegetarian in our group. We were a party of 6 so an automatic tip was included. It also included a tip on the wine, so the waiters made out like bandits for poor service. We won't be gong back.
- Don't botherSeersuckerManDined on 12/31/2013Semi-ambitious menu with uninspired execution and sloppy service. Reasonable prices, but when the food isn't that good, are they really? I could make some tired jokes about the fact the HVAC system vibrates the entire restaurant, but when one of your servers acknowledges it's a common complaint, it's time to do something about it.
- Fantastic Tasting MenulmhlmDined on 12/31/2013We had a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner. The menu selection was nice and diverse and everything was prepared well. Each of us had a different "favorite" for our nephew it was the braised pork belly, my husband it was the lamb and my favorite was the pear and chestnur bisque. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life After GeorgeMSchwaDined on 12/27/2013Let's face facts, George Perrier became more of a maitre'd and seemingly less involved with the restaurant. Moreover, personally and professionally he had a bad year. This restaurant is tastefully redecorated with a fantastic menu and terrific service. George would be proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eye appealingAnitaDined on 12/27/2013The decor and the presentation of the food was very eye appealing. Staff was very attentive and courteous. It was nic to be able to talk and not feel like we were being rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.