553 Pine Knot Ave.
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315Neighborhood:
Big Bear Lake
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peppercorngrille.com/
- Phone: (909) 866-5405
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Peppercorn Grille
Come in and see why the Peppercorn Grille has become a local favorite. We offer the largest and most versatile menu in Big Bear. Choose from Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Specialty Salads, Brick Oven Baked Pizza and more. All soups, bread and fabulous desserts are prepared fresh daily. Enjoy dining in our cozy intimate dining room or on our heated patio, street-side in 'The Village.' We offer an extensive wine list and cocktails.Continued
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Peppercorn Grille - Best Restaurants in Big Bear Lake ›
Peppercorn Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (29)hot spot (15)great for lunch (15)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Unexpected gourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We have diner with another couple celebrating our wedding anniversaries. The food was terrific, with a great selection The service was fantastic, and we were very glad to have a reservation. We couldn't get over how great the white sweet potatoes are! The cocktails were healthy portions and we felt well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happy with the food and serivce.MyrmyrDined on 11/20/2014This is a popular eatery for locals as well as visitors, so I would recommend ALWAYS making reservations for this restaurant. I've always been happy with the service and the food. If you have a special diet (i.e. gluten-free or vegetarian), they will accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Peppercorn!FawnskinDebDined on 11/19/2014We are locals up here in Big Bear, and we go to Peppercorn for every special occasion. The ambiance is wonderful and the food is marvelous! It is so tasty! The staff are all very professional as well. We recommend The Peppercorn whenever someone asks us where a good place to eat is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spotSugarDined on 11/15/2014Love Peppercorn grill!!! They have great food, and they also offer great specials every day. Nice place to celebrate an occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Came to big bear on my honeymoon. We choose peppercorn grill for a romantic dinner and weren't disappointed. Paul our server was polite and attentive and the food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome venue!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014I was recommended this place by my dentist. After dining there, everyone at the table told me to thank him. It's a great restaurant with very nice dishes to choose from. I had the daily special. They also had a nice wine list and the service was perfect. The menu is a bit pricey but well worth it. They treat you well.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful MealJamesDined on 11/3/2014My group of 3 close friends join me annually for a trip to Big Bear Lake. The first thing each one asks is if we can return to the Peppercorn Grille. Once again the service was terrific and the food virtually memorable. The wine list offers enough choices both for both the single drink or bottle purchaser. We will be there again, and will wait for that with anticipation.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Good food. Pleasant ambiance. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Birthday CelebrationMamaw1954Dined on 10/25/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our party included our eight year old grandson. He regularly orders from the adult menu so I was a little concerned that he would be able to find something he would enjoy. No worries there! He was very happy with his burger! The server was very attentive and went out of her way to make sure all of us, including our grandson, felt welcome and valued. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. We would definitely go back to Peppercorn Grille whenever we find ourselves in Big Bear Lake.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseFoodiedeeceeDined on 10/24/2014We were delighted with the peppercorn. The food prep was a little slow However the food was prepared to our specifications. Service was impeccable and not rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bear DiningGlazedVIPDined on 10/22/2014Peppercorn is definitely one of best restaurants in Big Bear. Only complaint was that they made us wait 10 minutes for a booth. The steaks are incredible but expensive for area. Plan to spend at least $40 a head. If price doesn't matter, it is a great meal.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in big bearCawoman1Dined on 10/20/2014The peppercorn is a place that feels welcoming from the moment you enter. The staff is excellent from the hostess to the bussers. The food is wonderful. I had the grilled halibut with a delishious basil pesto cream sauce. Served with yummy seasoned rice and fresh vegetables. The fish was cooked perfectly tender and moist. My husband and I were celebrating our 30 year wedding anniversary. Esmeralda our server was efficient and so sweet, she kindly brought us a complimentary molten chocolate cake that was amazing! Thank you peppercorn for another memorable meal!Special Features:
- Better have a reservation....stebbieDined on 10/17/2014I made my reservation 5 days in advance and totally worth it. While we were there, you could hear people walking away saying they weren't going to wait an hour. The service was impeccable. Everyone was so polite and curtious. We were even given a few pointers of what to do this weekend in Big Bear and dead on. Perfect spacing of time between the salad and the meal. Both my wife and I left totally satisfied. I recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to Big Bear. Better have a reservation........Special Features:
- Always a good place for dinnertfr1948Dined on 10/16/2014This is one of Big Bears best places to enjoy a wonderful dinner. Located right in the heart of Big Bear Lake Village. The food is always well prepared and the service is always freindly and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencewotm31182Dined on 10/12/2014The Experience was great. Good wine selection for a small town. My girlfriends order came out wrong but it was fix immediately. We were sat in just about the best seat in the house.Special Features:
- First time guestsKarlDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed our first time at Peppercorn. Food was pretty good, not as great as hoped, but very nice. Lovely outdoor dining next to heat lamps.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversary!specialDined on 10/12/2014We love the services and the food is amazing. We go to the Peppercorn for special occasions. Its not something we can do all the time, because of the price. But definitely worth saving the money to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellence in diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We went here for our 10th Anniversary and I couldn't have been happier with the food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely findschamboDined on 10/11/2014It sits in the middle of "The Village," your typical tourist trap of trinket shops and restaurants but Peppercorn is anything but typical. The food was fantastic, the service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was just what you expected. We will definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Big Bear VillageJohnKayDined on 10/4/2014Always a winner! Have never been disappointed at this restaurant, except when I can't get a table/reservation.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining in Big Bear Lakegaileh718Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant atmosphere is very relaxed, but elegant. The food is delicious and all of the waitstaff are wonderful. I was allowed to take my time and enjoy my meal and my entire evening at my pace. Definitely the place to enjoy a wonderful dinner while you are in Big Bear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekaVIPDined on 9/29/2014Alaskan salmon was moist and delicious. Spinach filled cannelloni also was equally yummy.Special Features:
- Peppercorn Grill experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We were so pleased to see this restaurant listed as #1 on the open table list - a rightful spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014The service was outstanding. The artichoke appetizer had to much vinegar for us. The pepper crusted steak was fantastic.
- Great Night Out!JustplaingregDined on 9/19/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are going to be in Big Bear Lake. The ambiance and decor was outstanding. The service and attention my wife I received by the entire staff was unbelievably great! However, one person really stood out, our server Jennifer was FANTASTIC! She had a great personality, attention to detail, and very fun! The food was delicious, presented well, and the portions were perfect. We enjoyed our dinner and even though the restaurant was very busy, we were never rushed. When were left, there was a number of parties waiting to be seated. I would strongly recommend making a reservation via OpenTable.Special Features:
- ImpressedjasmvDined on 9/17/2014We booked on recommendation of lady we met on a train trip. We were not disappointed. The ambience of the restaurant in Big Bear Lake village, the service, and the food were all very lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLoveFoodAndWineVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been to Peppercorn Grille twice this year - both times when we went up to Big Bear for the weekend. What a great find. The chicken stuffed with vegetables is very tasty and nicely presented. The soups are excellent. The chocolate molten cake is delicious (not too heavy or too sweet like some can be). Everything we have had here has been very good...Kudos to the chef. Note - when the menu states the pepper encrusted steak is very spicy take it seriously, it was much too spicy for my husband who loves black pepper and spicy food. The restaurant is clean, has a nice atmosphere and the service is attentive. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Everything but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The place was great for a romantic evening. The service was some of the best i've had in a long while. All the plates I saw go by look amazing. This restaurant should be priced higher. My wife loved her lasagne. My fettuccine wasn't too great but everything else about the experience made it for it. I would go again next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Great Experience!citykatDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance was very nice for a romantic dinner with my husband for his birthday. The food was amazing! Everything had wonderful flavor and it was a great experience. They even gave us a chocolate fudge cake desert for free with "Happy Birthday" written in raspberry sauce on the plate. I would definitely go back. Make sure to make a reservation otherwise there will be quite a wait for a table. They are very prompt in their reservations and we were seated right away when we arrived for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown Big BearWanaka1Dined on 9/13/2014Ask for Jennifer's table! She is the best server ever! We were there for my parents special anniversary and she really took care of us. Food was very good. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1FridaynightoutDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Peppercorn. The only thing we did not like this time was that we were jammed in, table angled in such a way that we felt we were sharing our space with the the people on each side of our table.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!PatynDanDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant - relaxed atmosphere! The food was PHENOMENAL! Hubby had their whiskey steak with Garlic mashed potatoes and I had the Spinach and Ricotta Raviolis .. both absolutely delicious! Had a 7pm reservation for our anniversary dinner and were seated promptly in a very nice corner table. Our server Jen was absolutely amazing with a beautiful smile and engaging personality. She had the menu and specials naturally memorized and she was very helpful with choices and recommendations. She congratulated us on our anniversary, was very attentive during the meal without being intrusive and brought us a beautiful complimentary dessert after our lovely meal! Definitely will be back to Peppercorn Grille .. true fine dining in Big Bear!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Jessica was the BEST server I have had there! Thanks for a great meal....
- Thank YouduffenDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service. We've never been disappointed with the Peppercorn Grille.Special Features:
- GreatLuv2DineDined on 8/23/2014My experience at the Peppercorn Grille was excellent. The ambience was romantic, food was served quick, and everyone was very friendly. I would suggest reservations because if they get full they unfortunately turn away walk ins Overall, great place really enjoyed my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bear Village findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Dining not eating. Pretty, great service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningSaladgirlLVDined on 8/8/2014We dined at the Peppercorn to celebrate being with good friends and just have a good time. We wanted to be attended to, but not rushed and the wait staff did just that. I chose the restaurant because I knew they had a great selection and we were not disappointed. The Roasted tomato-artichoke soup was wonderful, salads crisp and generous, the Peppercorn flat iron steak, and a salmon entree cooked to perfection, as were the other entrees and desserts. Everything was superb! We will be dining there again on our next trip to Big Bear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special eveningJan1Dined on 8/4/2014Peppercorn is our restaurant of choice every year for our anniversary. We love the food, the service is beyond compare, and we especially enjoy the ease of making and changing reservations online. This year we were surprised by a delicious chocolate cake on a beautifully decorated plate that said, "Happy Anniversary." I cried. It was a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSmurf429Dined on 8/3/2014Peaceful and romantic. Food was great and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in a Mountain Townbandit124Dined on 8/2/2014Very good service - friendly, interactive but not strong on recommendations. Dinner salads were fresh and crisp. Entrees - steaks were good but not exceptional cuts, vegetables were ordinary, sweet potato mash was excellent. Desserts - tiramisu and cheesecake were excellent. Small, intimate venue, nice patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.