553 Pine Knot Ave.
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315Neighborhood:
Big Bear Lake
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peppercorngrille.com/
- Phone: 9098665405
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Peppercorn Grille
Come in and see why the Peppercorn Grille has become a local favorite. We offer the largest and most versatile menu in Big Bear. Choose from Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Specialty Salads, Brick Oven Baked Pizza and more. All soups, bread and fabulous desserts are prepared fresh daily. Enjoy dining in our cozy intimate dining room or on our heated patio, street-side in 'The Village.' We offer an extensive wine list and cocktails.Continued
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Peppercorn Grille - Best Restaurants in Big Bear Lake ›
Peppercorn Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Favorite restaurant in big bearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The peppercorn is a place that feels welcoming from the moment you enter. The staff is excellent from the hostess to the bussers. The food is wonderful. I had the grilled halibut with a delishious basil pesto cream sauce. Served with yummy seasoned rice and fresh vegetables. The fish was cooked perfectly tender and moist. My husband and I were celebrating our 30 year wedding anniversary. Esmeralda our server was efficient and so sweet, she kindly brought us a complimentary molten chocolate cake that was amazing! Thank you peppercorn for another memorable meal!Special Features:
- Always a good place for dinnertfr1948Dined on 10/16/2014This is one of Big Bears best places to enjoy a wonderful dinner. Located right in the heart of Big Bear Lake Village. The food is always well prepared and the service is always freindly and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencewotm31182Dined on 10/12/2014The Experience was great. Good wine selection for a small town. My girlfriends order came out wrong but it was fix immediately. We were sat in just about the best seat in the house.Special Features:
- First time guestsKarlDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed our first time at Peppercorn. Food was pretty good, not as great as hoped, but very nice. Lovely outdoor dining next to heat lamps.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversary!specialDined on 10/12/2014We love the services and the food is amazing. We go to the Peppercorn for special occasions. Its not something we can do all the time, because of the price. But definitely worth saving the money to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellence in diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We went here for our 10th Anniversary and I couldn't have been happier with the food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely findschamboDined on 10/11/2014It sits in the middle of "The Village," your typical tourist trap of trinket shops and restaurants but Peppercorn is anything but typical. The food was fantastic, the service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was just what you expected. We will definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Big Bear VillageJohnKayDined on 10/4/2014Always a winner! Have never been disappointed at this restaurant, except when I can't get a table/reservation.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining in Big Bear Lakegaileh718Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant atmosphere is very relaxed, but elegant. The food is delicious and all of the waitstaff are wonderful. I was allowed to take my time and enjoy my meal and my entire evening at my pace. Definitely the place to enjoy a wonderful dinner while you are in Big Bear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekaVIPDined on 9/29/2014Alaskan salmon was moist and delicious. Spinach filled cannelloni also was equally yummy.Special Features:
- Peppercorn Grill experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We were so pleased to see this restaurant listed as #1 on the open table list - a rightful spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014The service was outstanding. The artichoke appetizer had to much vinegar for us. The pepper crusted steak was fantastic.
- Great Night Out!JustplaingregDined on 9/19/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are going to be in Big Bear Lake. The ambiance and decor was outstanding. The service and attention my wife I received by the entire staff was unbelievably great! However, one person really stood out, our server Jennifer was FANTASTIC! She had a great personality, attention to detail, and very fun! The food was delicious, presented well, and the portions were perfect. We enjoyed our dinner and even though the restaurant was very busy, we were never rushed. When were left, there was a number of parties waiting to be seated. I would strongly recommend making a reservation via OpenTable.Special Features:
- ImpressedjasmvDined on 9/17/2014We booked on recommendation of lady we met on a train trip. We were not disappointed. The ambience of the restaurant in Big Bear Lake village, the service, and the food were all very lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLoveFoodAndWineVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been to Peppercorn Grille twice this year - both times when we went up to Big Bear for the weekend. What a great find. The chicken stuffed with vegetables is very tasty and nicely presented. The soups are excellent. The chocolate molten cake is delicious (not too heavy or too sweet like some can be). Everything we have had here has been very good...Kudos to the chef. Note - when the menu states the pepper encrusted steak is very spicy take it seriously, it was much too spicy for my husband who loves black pepper and spicy food. The restaurant is clean, has a nice atmosphere and the service is attentive. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Everything but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The place was great for a romantic evening. The service was some of the best i've had in a long while. All the plates I saw go by look amazing. This restaurant should be priced higher. My wife loved her lasagne. My fettuccine wasn't too great but everything else about the experience made it for it. I would go again next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Great Experience!citykatDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance was very nice for a romantic dinner with my husband for his birthday. The food was amazing! Everything had wonderful flavor and it was a great experience. They even gave us a chocolate fudge cake desert for free with "Happy Birthday" written in raspberry sauce on the plate. I would definitely go back. Make sure to make a reservation otherwise there will be quite a wait for a table. They are very prompt in their reservations and we were seated right away when we arrived for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown Big BearWanaka1Dined on 9/13/2014Ask for Jennifer's table! She is the best server ever! We were there for my parents special anniversary and she really took care of us. Food was very good. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1FridaynightoutDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Peppercorn. The only thing we did not like this time was that we were jammed in, table angled in such a way that we felt we were sharing our space with the the people on each side of our table.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!PatynDanDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant - relaxed atmosphere! The food was PHENOMENAL! Hubby had their whiskey steak with Garlic mashed potatoes and I had the Spinach and Ricotta Raviolis .. both absolutely delicious! Had a 7pm reservation for our anniversary dinner and were seated promptly in a very nice corner table. Our server Jen was absolutely amazing with a beautiful smile and engaging personality. She had the menu and specials naturally memorized and she was very helpful with choices and recommendations. She congratulated us on our anniversary, was very attentive during the meal without being intrusive and brought us a beautiful complimentary dessert after our lovely meal! Definitely will be back to Peppercorn Grille .. true fine dining in Big Bear!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Jessica was the BEST server I have had there! Thanks for a great meal....
- Thank YouduffenDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service. We've never been disappointed with the Peppercorn Grille.Special Features:
- GreatLuv2DineDined on 8/23/2014My experience at the Peppercorn Grille was excellent. The ambience was romantic, food was served quick, and everyone was very friendly. I would suggest reservations because if they get full they unfortunately turn away walk ins Overall, great place really enjoyed my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bear Village findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Dining not eating. Pretty, great service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningSaladgirlLVDined on 8/8/2014We dined at the Peppercorn to celebrate being with good friends and just have a good time. We wanted to be attended to, but not rushed and the wait staff did just that. I chose the restaurant because I knew they had a great selection and we were not disappointed. The Roasted tomato-artichoke soup was wonderful, salads crisp and generous, the Peppercorn flat iron steak, and a salmon entree cooked to perfection, as were the other entrees and desserts. Everything was superb! We will be dining there again on our next trip to Big Bear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special eveningJan1Dined on 8/4/2014Peppercorn is our restaurant of choice every year for our anniversary. We love the food, the service is beyond compare, and we especially enjoy the ease of making and changing reservations online. This year we were surprised by a delicious chocolate cake on a beautifully decorated plate that said, "Happy Anniversary." I cried. It was a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSmurf429Dined on 8/3/2014Peaceful and romantic. Food was great and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in a Mountain Townbandit124Dined on 8/2/2014Very good service - friendly, interactive but not strong on recommendations. Dinner salads were fresh and crisp. Entrees - steaks were good but not exceptional cuts, vegetables were ordinary, sweet potato mash was excellent. Desserts - tiramisu and cheesecake were excellent. Small, intimate venue, nice patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPjfunnybunnyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, table was awesome on the heated patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the villagetfr1948Dined on 8/1/2014Best restaurant in the Big Bear area. The service this time was a little slow, but this May have been due to the large crowd. The food was outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return customerMimiDined on 7/30/2014Whenever we are in Big Bear, dinner at Peppercorn is a must! Always good food and a very pleasant wait staff.Special Features:
- A Great Anniversary Dinner!!ZeebzooDined on 7/26/2014We dined at the Peppercorn Grille for our 28th Anniversary dinner and couldn't be happier that we chose it out of the many nice places to eat in Big Bear, CA. From the initial greeting by the hostess to the special anniversary dessert created for us, and everything in between the Peppercorn Grille knows how to treat its guests to a fine dining experience. The only complaint we might have is that many of the "tourists" who were dining there as well were dressed somewhat casually for such a nice place, but this is definitely not the fault of the restaurant. We will definitely make dinner at the Peppercorn Grille a "must" when we visit Big Bear again in the future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarDined on 7/24/2014Love the food and atmosphere! A must when in Big Bear!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining I've found in Big BearBlackerDined on 7/21/2014On vacation in Big Bear for a week. We actually ate here twice this trip. Both times the service was slow, and the food was very good. You should make reservations for this place in advance because it's pretty popular. Some really great dishes that are total stand-outs from what you typically find in the area. I don't know of a better restaurant for dinner in Big Bear. The servers are always gracious, but there is a communication gap somewhere. Both times after we were seated it was 10-15 minutes before we saw anyone.Special Features:
- Love it!HealthNut7Dined on 7/20/2014My favorite dish is from their lunch menu: the Tortellini! It is a beautiful restaurant with a rustic winery feeling...makes you feel totally classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrisVIPDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my birthday here! Halibut was excellent. Generous serving and creative preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningJewels8769Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great time. The service was great and the food was tasty. My only complaint would be the couple of screaming kids, but obviously that's not the restaurants fault. Overall I give it two thumbs up!
- dazDazzlerDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed the outdoor seating...The service was good. The food was good but not exceptional. I do like that the price included everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Peppercorn Grille is the best restaurant in the Big Bear Lake area. The food is excellent, the service is outstanding, what more could you ask for? Reservations are a must. The Peppercorn Grill is located in the middle of Big Bear Village. Many of the visitors to the area find the Peppercorn Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveLuckyCindaDined on 7/5/2014I am always amazed by the people who work at Peppercorn and the food they serve. They are eager to please, personable, helpful and energetic. Their desserts are lush. Outdoor patio blissful watching the world go by but I prefer a comfy inside booth.Special Features: