553 Pine Knot Ave.
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315Neighborhood:
Big Bear Lake
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peppercorngrille.com/
- Phone: 9098665405
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Peppercorn Grille
Come in and see why the Peppercorn Grille has become a local favorite. We offer the largest and most versatile menu in Big Bear. Choose from Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Specialty Salads, Brick Oven Baked Pizza and more. All soups, bread and fabulous desserts are prepared fresh daily. Enjoy dining in our cozy intimate dining room or on our heated patio, street-side in 'The Village.' We offer an extensive wine list and cocktails.Continued
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Come and experience the finest in dining Big Bear has to offer.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Peppercorn Grille - Best Restaurants in Big Bear Lake ›
Peppercorn Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Love this placeLoveFoodAndWineVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been to Peppercorn Grille twice this year - both times when we went up to Big Bear for the weekend. What a great find. The chicken stuffed with vegetables is very tasty and nicely presented. The soups are excellent. The chocolate molten cake is delicious (not too heavy or too sweet like some can be). Everything we have had here has been very good...Kudos to the chef. Note - when the menu states the pepper encrusted steak is very spicy take it seriously, it was much too spicy for my husband who loves black pepper and spicy food. The restaurant is clean, has a nice atmosphere and the service is attentive. We will be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Peppercorn. The only thing we did not like this time was that we were jammed in, table angled in such a way that we felt we were sharing our space with the the people on each side of our table.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!PatynDanDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant - relaxed atmosphere! The food was PHENOMENAL! Hubby had their whiskey steak with Garlic mashed potatoes and I had the Spinach and Ricotta Raviolis .. both absolutely delicious! Had a 7pm reservation for our anniversary dinner and were seated promptly in a very nice corner table. Our server Jen was absolutely amazing with a beautiful smile and engaging personality. She had the menu and specials naturally memorized and she was very helpful with choices and recommendations. She congratulated us on our anniversary, was very attentive during the meal without being intrusive and brought us a beautiful complimentary dessert after our lovely meal! Definitely will be back to Peppercorn Grille .. true fine dining in Big Bear!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Jessica was the BEST server I have had there! Thanks for a great meal....
- Thank YouduffenDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service. We've never been disappointed with the Peppercorn Grille.Special Features:
- GreatLuv2DineDined on 8/23/2014My experience at the Peppercorn Grille was excellent. The ambience was romantic, food was served quick, and everyone was very friendly. I would suggest reservations because if they get full they unfortunately turn away walk ins Overall, great place really enjoyed my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bear Village findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Dining not eating. Pretty, great service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningSaladgirlLVDined on 8/8/2014We dined at the Peppercorn to celebrate being with good friends and just have a good time. We wanted to be attended to, but not rushed and the wait staff did just that. I chose the restaurant because I knew they had a great selection and we were not disappointed. The Roasted tomato-artichoke soup was wonderful, salads crisp and generous, the Peppercorn flat iron steak, and a salmon entree cooked to perfection, as were the other entrees and desserts. Everything was superb! We will be dining there again on our next trip to Big Bear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special eveningJan1Dined on 8/4/2014Peppercorn is our restaurant of choice every year for our anniversary. We love the food, the service is beyond compare, and we especially enjoy the ease of making and changing reservations online. This year we were surprised by a delicious chocolate cake on a beautifully decorated plate that said, "Happy Anniversary." I cried. It was a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSmurf429Dined on 8/3/2014Peaceful and romantic. Food was great and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in a Mountain Townbandit124Dined on 8/2/2014Very good service - friendly, interactive but not strong on recommendations. Dinner salads were fresh and crisp. Entrees - steaks were good but not exceptional cuts, vegetables were ordinary, sweet potato mash was excellent. Desserts - tiramisu and cheesecake were excellent. Small, intimate venue, nice patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPjfunnybunnyDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, table was awesome on the heated patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the villageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Best restaurant in the Big Bear area. The service this time was a little slow, but this May have been due to the large crowd. The food was outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return customerMimiDined on 7/30/2014Whenever we are in Big Bear, dinner at Peppercorn is a must! Always good food and a very pleasant wait staff.Special Features:
- A Great Anniversary Dinner!!ZeebzooDined on 7/26/2014We dined at the Peppercorn Grille for our 28th Anniversary dinner and couldn't be happier that we chose it out of the many nice places to eat in Big Bear, CA. From the initial greeting by the hostess to the special anniversary dessert created for us, and everything in between the Peppercorn Grille knows how to treat its guests to a fine dining experience. The only complaint we might have is that many of the "tourists" who were dining there as well were dressed somewhat casually for such a nice place, but this is definitely not the fault of the restaurant. We will definitely make dinner at the Peppercorn Grille a "must" when we visit Big Bear again in the future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarDined on 7/24/2014Love the food and atmosphere! A must when in Big Bear!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining I've found in Big BearBlackerDined on 7/21/2014On vacation in Big Bear for a week. We actually ate here twice this trip. Both times the service was slow, and the food was very good. You should make reservations for this place in advance because it's pretty popular. Some really great dishes that are total stand-outs from what you typically find in the area. I don't know of a better restaurant for dinner in Big Bear. The servers are always gracious, but there is a communication gap somewhere. Both times after we were seated it was 10-15 minutes before we saw anyone.Special Features:
- Love it!HealthNut7Dined on 7/20/2014My favorite dish is from their lunch menu: the Tortellini! It is a beautiful restaurant with a rustic winery feeling...makes you feel totally classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrisVIPDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my birthday here! Halibut was excellent. Generous serving and creative preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningJewels8769Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great time. The service was great and the food was tasty. My only complaint would be the couple of screaming kids, but obviously that's not the restaurants fault. Overall I give it two thumbs up!
- dazDazzlerDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed the outdoor seating...The service was good. The food was good but not exceptional. I do like that the price included everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Peppercorn Grille is the best restaurant in the Big Bear Lake area. The food is excellent, the service is outstanding, what more could you ask for? Reservations are a must. The Peppercorn Grill is located in the middle of Big Bear Village. Many of the visitors to the area find the Peppercorn Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveLuckyCindaDined on 7/5/2014I am always amazed by the people who work at Peppercorn and the food they serve. They are eager to please, personable, helpful and energetic. Their desserts are lush. Outdoor patio blissful watching the world go by but I prefer a comfy inside booth.Special Features:
- Best in TownEricDined on 7/4/2014The food and service is always excellent at the Peppercorn Grille. Every time we are in Big Bear we eat at the Peppercorn and have never had a bad meal and the service is always top notch. The atmosphere is pleasant and casual, no need to dress up but you also won't get in without a shirt and shoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerdetrevilleDined on 6/30/2014Service was outstanding. The meal was good. My wife ate the chicken I ate the New York strip steak. I thought the steak was mediocre and had too much fat and grizzle for a $28 steak.
- Big Bear's BestwilliefamDined on 6/24/2014Hard to get a table here during the summer holiday season...might be Big Bear's best. Have never been disappointed in a meal or in the service. Great soups, salads, and well-prepared fish entrees.Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 6/24/2014We had an absolutely wonderful dinner for my friend's birthday in late June 2014. The food was delicious, beautifully presented, the waiters were very attentive, and the ambience was great. It was a Tuesday night and the place was packed, which told me the locals love this place, too. They also surprised him with a birthday piece of cake, which was a nice touch and comped the coffees as well! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I tried thisMcLeanFamDined on 6/15/2014I have wanted to take my family to The Peppercorn Grille for years. We vacation in Big Bear Lake frequently and we went this time. To say we were pleased would be an understatement. I believe my waiter's name was Joe and he was a pleasure as well. The service was great the food was great the ambience was pleasant I give this place 5 out of 5 easily. Wish I could give 6!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDoobopDined on 6/8/2014More than what we expected for an early supper. Not your basic all-around menu. Pasta dishes were outstanding. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peppercorn GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Fabulous as always! Never miss a chance to dine here. Best food and dining experience in Big Bear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeTlv123Dined on 5/31/2014we had a late reservation and the staff was great at meeting our needs. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in this small townNancyoDined on 5/29/2014Quaint & intimate atmosphere in the evening. Varied selection of entrees to satisfy most & food presentation was beautiful & colorful. Service was friendly but slow & it was during the week when the restaurant was not full. If you are not big eaters I suggest having them split your entree for an added fee but you get a full salad & side option that way. It was more than enough!! The sauce on the New York strip was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.....as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014Peppercorn has always been my wife and my favorite place to eat in Big Bear, CA. Without fail their food, service, and overall care that you enjoy your evening is unsurpassed.Special Features:
- Great diningDesrtratDined on 5/26/2014My wife and I have been here several times and we both love the food, especially the crab cake appetizer. Have not been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwordfishDined on 5/22/2014We love your food and your friendly staff. The best chick in Marsala by far!!!!!Special Features:
- redbaronDined on 5/20/2014Without question the BEST restaurant in Big Bear! In fact we had dinner there twice in three days.Both the service and the food is outstanding. You can not go wrong eating here. Don't look any further because this is the place. Play it safe and make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Peppercorn Grille reviews archive.
- Yummy...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We had a great table and had an enjoyable dinner. We were never rushed, the food came out timely and the chocolate dessert was great. The wine choices weren't huge, but had good quality options. Reservations are suggested as the restaurant was full when we got there at 8pm - fortunately we had made ours the day before.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodBobGDined on 5/11/2014Our favorite in Big Bear for great food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thoughtforfoodDined on 5/3/2014Michael was great, our server Michelle was great. The chowder was very good. The pasta dishes leave a lot to be desired. My husband and I had two different pasta dishes, but when they arrived you cold not tell one from the other. They were both smothered in sauce and that is what we could taste…….sauce. I think a mistake that most Big Bear restaurants make is they try to tackle too many different dishes. In addition, the main dishes (other than most of the pastas) are priced very high for the quality of food served.
- Big Bear GemsurfcityusaDined on 4/26/2014The prime rib and filet mignon were delicious. The clam chowder was bland and lacked flavor. The decor was very nice and felt upscale. The service was lacking in that when we ordered and said we were sharing a salad and a meal. They brought it to us with a plate to split it ourselves. My guest asked the waitress to take the food and have them split it in the kitchen. When we asked for a box for the left over food once again the waitress brought a box and had us package up the food at the table. For an upscale restaurant I would say the service was sub-par. I probably won't take guests there again because of the service.Special Features: