Pepper Tree Restaurant
888 W Moreno
Colorado Springs, CO 80905Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Pepper Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peppertreecs.com/
- Phone: 7194714888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Leech
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for more info on renting out the Pepper Tree Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Neil Levy 7194714888
A word from Pepper Tree Restaurant
The Pepper Tree restaurant has been a tradition for fine dining in Colorado Springs since 1983. Serving steaks, seafood, lamb, veal and more, the Pepper Tree is legendary for impeccable cuisine, ambiance, service and breathtaking views of the city. The Pepper Tree"s signature Mango Chutney Pepper Steak and other specialities, including Chateaubriand, Steak Diane, and English Dover Sole, are prepared or finished tableside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pepper Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Pepper Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)scenic view (70)romantic (64)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (14)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Having eaten at Pepper Tree in the past and always enjoyed my meal I was a bit disappointed this time. I ordered the New York strip and it had a lot of grizzle in my particular cut. Hopefully it was just the luck of the draw. Otherwise, enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- ALWAYS EXCELLENTJETPILOTDined on 10/25/2014We have been coming to the Peppertree for many years and it is always outstanding. If anything it is getting better as the staff is exceptional in every way......charming, friendly, professional and witty to just the right degree. My favorite...the pepper steak remains superior. We will be back.....again and again. Norma and JackSpecial Features:
- New patron introductionSteaksdonerightDined on 10/24/2014We brought friends with us who had never been to this fabulous restaurant. We consider it a Special occasion every time we come to the Pepper Tree. Having Carrie greet us like an old friend starts our evening just right. Rick was a "hit" with his charismatic demeanor. Then comes our friend Joshua to cook our steaks. Joshua is such a friendly individual and was willing to answer all the questions our guests had regarding the prep and cooking of the steaks at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect with FriendsSatisfiedDined on 10/23/2014Food, atmosphere and service was excellent. Travel to the Springs often, and will enjoy eating here when in town.Special Features:
- Heading downhillGoldendomerDined on 10/20/2014We have been visiting Pepper Tree for over 28 years, at least two-three times a year. Over the past two years, the quality of service has continued to decline. The wait staff stand around and talk to customers about their golf game while your meal sits waiting to be served. Our meals were warm, at best when they were presented to us. We had a mid-evening reservation on a week- night and before we left, the staff was already stripping empty tables and moving them to the center of the room (while we were still trying to enjoy our meal). The quality of the food remains excellent but the service is not at all acceptable for a restaurant of this quality (and price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service.Colo2whlrDined on 10/18/2014This place is a hidden gem. They work as a team. We had three people plating our fresh, cooked at the table side, meals. This is five star food and service. Our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious tableside food!MmmmDined on 10/15/2014Great staff, wonderful city view. Pepper Tree was opened 30 years ago by a man whose son and grandson now maintain the wonderful tradition. The best Steak Diane EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014This is our favorite restaurant in town. The food is always awesome along with the views and service. The owner and employees make you feel like family... just amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experiencemushroomdeliteDined on 10/13/2014This was our first time and we will definatly be cocoming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak everdnthrowerDined on 10/11/2014Service was excellent and friendly. Definitely happy to finally dine here. We will be back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite special occasion place!CowgirlmamaDined on 10/11/2014Neil and his staff are the best!! Always polite, attentive and the food is beyond wonderful! We have never had a bad bite of anything at the Peppertree! We go about 3 times a year for birthdays and anniversary celebrations and will continue that tradition! We wouldn't hesitate to take or recommend it to out of town folks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning SteaksktmurfDined on 10/10/2014You know your steak is going to be good when the knives they give you on your place settings are Butter Knives! Absolutely Amazing food...worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeboDined on 10/7/2014There were only four couples in the whole restaurant, and they sat us all in a row. There was much conversation and the table next to us, while only two people, found it necessary to share their conversation with those around them. Please spread people out when the restaurant is empty.Special Features:
- Our meal was FAB. as all ways.DinewTroy123Dined on 9/30/2014Our waiter who we will call " Troy" made the evening. Besides his great service,he was part of the group with the jokes & quick wit. He was even polite when it came time to close the restaurant by asking us if we needed to see the breakfast menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCelebrateDined on 9/29/2014We have been coming to Pepper Tree for years. It has changed ownership, but definitely continues to be a wonderful restaurant. We have absolutely loved the pepper steak, but have found other menu items to also be outstanding. We are always pleased with our experience at the Pepper Tree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteKjbhDined on 9/26/2014This steak restaurant is unmatched. We go 3 - 4 times a year for special occasions & never tire of the delicious food & AMAZING service. We just took our friends recently & it was so much fun to see how blown away they were by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underdelivereddissatisfiedDined on 9/24/2014Expensive, not sure that value for the additional dollars was delivered. Steaks are upwards of $50, no vegetable, only baked potatoes. Overall not good value. Nice view of the town after dark. Chateaubriand for 2 was close to $100.Special Features:
- Just the Best!AwesomeDined on 9/22/2014Nothing can compare to the service, the selection, the food quality and the ambience we found here. This remains the Best place in town for fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth itGourmand4goodDined on 9/20/2014The food is always excellent. The view of downtown Colorado Springs is nice. The service is usually very good to excellent. The tableside preparations of some dishes is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!FallhatDined on 9/19/2014I took my wife here for our 14yr Anniversary and we couldn't stop talking about how great it was on the way home. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 10/10JETPILOTDined on 9/17/2014As always, our recent visit to the PEPPER TREE WAS OUTSTANDING in everyway. We were especially pleased with our server....RICK. We will surely be back and soon. JackSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and great settingLoveFood2Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner at the Pepper Tree Restaurant was wonderful. The view is amazing. The food and the services were excellent. We definitely plan to return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 9/12/2014We had a table of 8. I had the salmon - the fish was good but the sauce was a little overwhelming. Everybody else enjoyed their steaks and lobster. Service was okay and attentive but for the second time they managed to mess up an order - give the soup to the wrong person and then charging another for an item that was on a different person's order. I attribute this to their "team" approach to service.Special Features:
- Pepper TreeLJLHBLDined on 9/6/2014Delicious food and very good service. We enjoy this restaurant very much.Special Features:
- outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We alway look forward to spending our anniversary at The Peppertree. It was everything we expected and more.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the overall experience.CynthiamDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed the overall experience;however, in my opinion too much sauce was used on the steak. I would ask for it to be on the side next time. The Caesar salad was very bland. It was prepared table side and appeared to be expertly handled, but was disappointing. The offering for side dishes was white starch only. Pasta, potatoes or rice. I would have preferred asparagus or some other green vegetable.Special Features:
- Best steak houseGilbertDined on 9/5/2014The last time we came was over 7 yrs ago and the food was still as amazing as I remember. The decor could use a revamp and the majority of the couples there were at least in their 70 lol but that didn't stop us from coming back. The perfectly cooked steak, the most smooth Malbec wine, to a delicious side. We were so full even with the 6oz steak I couldn't finish neither had room to order dessert. Worth every penny. Will come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mandolinmanDined on 9/5/2014It's the only place that I could find in CO where you can get Chateaubriand. There's was better than the (supposedly) finest steakhouse in San Francisco; in fact, theirs was excellent. The only place I've ever had any better Chateabriand was the Dearborn Inn in Dearborn, MI, which is a most excellent restaurant as well. I loved the everything about the meal and the service. However, being the "designated" driver and living 90 miles away I chose to have only one glass of wine and my second drink was a diet Coke, which came out on my bill as a second glass of wine. I admit, I'd never seen that practice before.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Making our dinner at table side was such a great touch of class. The service was outstanding! And the food tasted amazing! Recommend their Pepper Steak dinner. Will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDiddleDenDined on 8/29/2014We keep the Peppertree as our special occasions spot. Once you are up the hill, you feel as though you on the outskirts of town looking in. The food is consistently great. The staff is who makes it happen though. Their attention is amazing. No one says that is not my table, they all pitch in to ensure every patron is attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Recommended by us and many that we know...this is a great place for a nice evening. Great view, great service and even better food.Special Features:
- Dinner.rhchdiningDined on 8/28/2014It's been awhile since visiting. Should have been back sooner. Food is incredible. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about the Pepper Tree Restaurant was fabulous!!!!! Plates all came out at the same time and the food was HOT!!!!! It was absolutely wonderful and we will definitely return!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, wine pricing ridiculousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We loved the food, it was great. However, we were incredibly disappointed in the pricing of the wine list. Paying $55 for a bottle of wine we can purchase for $14. All wines offered by the glass or at a reasonable "restaurant rate" for the bottle are cheap thin bodied reds. We were unable to enjoy a good wine with our steak because we were unwilling to pay $150 for the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravenousDined on 8/23/2014I don't think this restaurant is the great Pepper Tree that it used to be. The two drinks I had (different ones) did not taste right. The appetizer (lobster and melon) I had there a few years ago was delicious then. This time, it had a totally different dressing on it, which ruined it. Our salads came with what appeared to be no dressing, so we asked for some. The Pepper Steak was very good and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, as it has always been.Special Features:
- WonderfulVickDined on 8/19/2014Pretty much one of the best meal I ever had in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/16/2014AN OUTSTANGING RESTAURANT FOOD EXCELLENT STAFF FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT DINNED THER MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS ENJOYED THE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must GolaurenlaughzDined on 8/16/2014We had such a fun night at this restaurant! You know you are having a good time when you start planning your next trip to the place half way through the meal. The staff is excellent and very attentive. They also bring a family feel to the place and you can tell everyone has worked there for years. Food is delicious and we enjoyed the tableside service. It's a bit like walking back into a 1950's restaurant with enough modern flare to make it a true gem. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A definite "Must visit" restaurantPDubnorthsideDined on 8/16/2014We've been to a lot of upscale restaurants in Colorado Springs but had never tried the PepperTree. This restaurant surprised us. It was a small place, so recommend a reservation, but the service was fantastic and the food was incredible. Personally, it could have used a few more choices on the menu, but what we had was very tasty and we were definitely full when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.