Pepper Tree Restaurant
888 W Moreno
Colorado Springs, CO 80905Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Pepper Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peppertreecs.com/
- Phone: 7194714888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Leech
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for more info on renting out the Pepper Tree Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Neil Levy 7194714888
A word from Pepper Tree Restaurant
The Pepper Tree restaurant has been a tradition for fine dining in Colorado Springs since 1983. Serving steaks, seafood, lamb, veal and more, the Pepper Tree is legendary for impeccable cuisine, ambiance, service and breathtaking views of the city. The Pepper Tree"s signature Mango Chutney Pepper Steak and other specialities, including Chateaubriand, Steak Diane, and English Dover Sole, are prepared or finished tableside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Pepper Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Pepper Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)scenic view (63)romantic (59)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about the Pepper Tree Restaurant was fabulous!!!!! Plates all came out at the same time and the food was HOT!!!!! It was absolutely wonderful and we will definitely return!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, wine pricing ridiculousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We loved the food, it was great. However, we were incredibly disappointed in the pricing of the wine list. Paying $55 for a bottle of wine we can purchase for $14. All wines offered by the glass or at a reasonable "restaurant rate" for the bottle are cheap thin bodied reds. We were unable to enjoy a good wine with our steak because we were unwilling to pay $150 for the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravenousDined on 8/23/2014I don't think this restaurant is the great Pepper Tree that it used to be. The two drinks I had (different ones) did not taste right. The appetizer (lobster and melon) I had there a few years ago was delicious then. This time, it had a totally different dressing on it, which ruined it. Our salads came with what appeared to be no dressing, so we asked for some. The Pepper Steak was very good and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, as it has always been.Special Features:
- WonderfulVickDined on 8/19/2014Pretty much one of the best meal I ever had in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/16/2014AN OUTSTANGING RESTAURANT FOOD EXCELLENT STAFF FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT DINNED THER MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS ENJOYED THE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite "Must visit" restaurantPDubnorthsideDined on 8/16/2014We've been to a lot of upscale restaurants in Colorado Springs but had never tried the PepperTree. This restaurant surprised us. It was a small place, so recommend a reservation, but the service was fantastic and the food was incredible. Personally, it could have used a few more choices on the menu, but what we had was very tasty and we were definitely full when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranchieDined on 8/15/2014Thankfully, the Peppertree is consistently excellent. Every aspect of the meal is orchestrated at the highest level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peppertree has changeChiefDined on 8/13/2014The menu online was not the same as we were presented at the restaurant. Items we thought about were not available at the restaurant but it appeared from comments that they may have on a different night. Service was lacking; we were serve our entrees and were told that he'd be "right back" with more tea - we had to call him for more to drink. It is not the same restaurant you could count on for quality across the board. Our meals were good, but........ I said I would recommend the Peppertree and I would with the same comments I provided here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingspikemargeDined on 8/9/2014We Love the PepperTree. It was a wonderful experience, as usual and the food was scrumptious. It is our favorite place for Special occasions, as a matter of fact, for even made up occasions.Special Features:
- dinewithapurposeDined on 8/8/2014My reason for the recent visit was for a friend's birthday. The staff, food and view was Outstanding. The staff created a Wonderful environment for my friends and I. They were very Attentive and Friendly. The Pepper Tree is a restaurant I would be happy to recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedwamsDined on 8/8/2014Took wife here for anniversary. Sent e-mail ahead requesting prix fix dinner for 2, but they had no knowledge of this on arrival. Prix fix option not on the menu as advertised online, so very awkward. Prices were high, even for fine dining. Primary complaint was that air conditioning was on high and simply put, very uncomfortable environment. I would guess around 62 degrees or so. The food was prepared at tableside and the view was very nice. The servers used a "team" approach which was a bit confusing, but OK. Some servers were clearly better and more skilled than others, consistency of quality was not in evidence. Overall a good experience, but expected more for the price.Special Features:
- Peppertree Doesn't DisappointDLienDined on 8/7/2014Have been to this Co. Springs fine-dining gem twice now, and will be back many more times I suspect. The food and service are second-to-none. Some of the best steaks (outside of Mendoza, Argentina) I've ever had. Check this one out!Special Features:
- Interesting, but not convincingBlondieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Pepper Tree restaurant is on a hill outside the downtown area of Colorado Springs. It's a relatively small restaurant, about 20 tables and it has a cozy bar where you can have a drink while you wait for your table. The restaurant aspires to chic: drapes, waiters in tuxedos; but the office-style tiled ceiling negates the attempt, at least from an ambiance point of view. Pepper Tree's claim to fame are steaks cooked tableside. It's a great "show", but the deviation on renown Steak Diane and Pepper Steak recipes (adding sweet jelly and mango chutney) left us craving more traditional flavors. Overall, the quality of the food is good and the views of the city below are great...as long as you are not facing the power plant.Special Features:
- Great food, decent serviceScottPDined on 7/24/2014We went for out 10 yr anniversary. I made many notes in the Opentable reservation so the staff would know and be able to tell my wife Happy Anniversary. Not one of the servers acknowledged our anniversary. I had to tell them about it. The response from one was "I didn't look at out reservations this evening". Sorry, but that was supposed to be part of the experience and I was complete let down from my perspective. Food was very good. Service was decent at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!WisconsincoupleDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful evening. Great food, wine, and service. Enjoyed speaking to the staff about the wines and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!AFanDined on 7/19/2014My husband took me to the Pepper Tree on our first date almost 25 years ago. Even though we've moved out of town, we still return yearly to celebrate our anniversary! The Pepper Tree is simply amazing!Special Features:
- Highlight of our trip!iheartfoodDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I were in Colorado Springs for a few days and wanted to check out some local favorites. When we pulled into the parking lot, we were a little skeptical but as soon as we set foot inside, Pepper Tree did not disappoint. Excellent, attentive service, amazing food (we had the Chateaubriand for 2) and breathtaking views of the city. We were there close to 3 hours and enjoyed every minute. It's a bit on the pricey side, so not a place we'd be able to frequent; however, we're very glad we decided to splurge the other night!Special Features:
- Disappointed in food and service.FamilyManDined on 7/11/2014I had gone to the Pepper Tree for a dinner with my workgroup a few months ago and it was excellent. I decided to take my family there to celebrate some birthdays and end of year graduations. I was disappointed and probably won't go there again. The waiter was not very friendly and even though we had two birthdays, there was very little acknowledgement on the celebration. It was difficult to get a waiter to refill our water and the steaks were burnt on the outsides. It doesn't seem like they are very welcoming to family groups even though my children are in college and high school. Event though we made reservations for 7 people, the table stuck out in the middle of the aisle way.Special Features:
- First time customerClarkDined on 7/8/2014I brought my wife to the Pepper Tree for our 1st wedding anniversary on 7/8/2014 and absolutely loved it. We were seated promptly in a surprisingly quiet dining room with a great view overlooking downtown Colorado Springs. Service was very attentive and friendly and answered any questions that we had. The food is top notch, prepared exactly to order and the steak literally melts in your mouth. While a little more on the expensive side, price seems to be right on track with other high end steak houses in the Springs, although I must say that this has become my new favorite by far. Overall, we will be back for more! Thank you for helping make our first anniversary even more memorable!Special Features:
- Best kept secretluv2dineDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is a true gem for someone who appreciates fine dining. Their steak flambé is a must try. They have a good wine list and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousskyebluDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I were staying overnight in Colorado Springs and decided to visit the Pepper Tree. We had no idea what to expect but were very pleasantly surprised. Don't go to the restaurant and expect to be out within an hour. They allow you time to relax and view the scenery and enjoy your dinner. We chose the chateaubriand that night. We were definitely not disappointed. The meat was cooked to our specific request and was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricesDiningduoDined on 6/30/2014Service was very slow. Food was good, but definitely not worth the price. Went there for our anniversary and told them it was our anniversary and they did not offer a complimentary beverage, appetizer, dessert or special which most restaurants will do.....not that we were looking for such. Spiders crawling on the wall behind our table and gnats flying around our food. We told the waiter and he said he spoke to management and that they would come to talk to us, but never did. Trust me, we are not complainers, actually the opposite, but it was not the best experience. Also the place could use a facelift.Special Features:
- BubbasasDined on 6/24/2014Outstanding to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. First time guests; awesome meal prepared tableside :)Special Features:
- Simply The BestShuttlePilotDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to The Pepper Tree for nearly 15 years to celebrate special occasions. Not once -- let me repeat -- not once have we ever had less than perfection when it comes to food, the overall dining experience, and the service. Naturally, we stick with what they do best: pepper steak/steak au poivre. In fact, they do it better than any other place we've had it in the world. P E R F E C T. What we appreciate most, is the quiet, adult atmosphere, a reason to dress up, no tacky music blaring, kids screaming, or cell phone conversations going on around us. If you've not had the pleasure of going -- it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveninggrwffynDined on 6/14/2014Again, the Pepper Tree was an outstanding dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnteroDined on 6/14/2014Outstanding service with knowledgeable, friendly staff. The four-course special is worth every dollar. The room is small and a bit crowded, but it is easy to focus on your meal choice and the service makes up for the smallness.Special Features:
- PerfectionJenGDined on 6/13/2014To me it's like an old Hollywood super club, intimate atmosphere with amazing food and fabulous people. Hands down our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We drive from Castle Rock to eat at Pepper Tree Restuarant, it is absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fourDined on 6/7/2014Great Restaurant cooking at tableside is not seen any more. Very comfortable atmosphere. Spouse and I are going to keep coming back to try everything. The Pepper Tree steak was the signature dish and we tasted why. I ordered the Veal Sweat breads since you cannot find any thing like that on other menus (Like Goose Liver Pate, I cant spell Fragua) But I was a little disappointed in that it was breaded and cooked to perfection but it was kind of just breaded sweat breads nothing really jumped out like sweet, spicy, garlic or just about anything that can be done to a dinner. The meal was terrific the spouse was jumping up and down at all the meat cooking and the smells, It was just my veal that left me a little bland to the palette we wSpecial Features:
- Jlf4Dined on 6/7/2014The pepper steak was excellent as always. My only complaint is two of us ordered the seafood special which included scallops. When the dinners were served there were no scallops and when I asked the server she said they only had enough for 10 or 12 servings and she looked at the plate and said I see they did give you extra shrimp. That could have been handled much differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good meal...Looking4BestMealMealEverDined on 5/31/2014We expected so much better...The salad and shrimp cocktail were good...but the veal was bland, chewy, and tough. The topping resembled Velveeta. Tea glass remained empty, butter requested never arrived, we had to catch a waiter to ask about dessert after waiting....another waitress dropped off a new bread basket after the table was cleared. We won't be back.Special Features:
- BudgroovyDined on 5/24/2014The food, the ambience, and the service is consisently excellent. Attentive, friendly wait staff. Posh without being pretentious. Great for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Dining at Pepper Tree RestaurantTaltogirlDined on 5/22/2014This was our family's first time dining with the Pepper Tree Restaurant. The food, service, and ambience were impeccable! This was a true "experience" rather than simply dining out. I highly recommend the Pepper Tree Restaurant and will certainly return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The filet mignon was terrific.rthileDined on 5/22/2014However, I was a bit disappointed with the appetizer and dessert menu.
- Diner Beware!foodieDined on 5/19/2014Food was good, but entrees were cooked while we were still eating salad & soup. First words server said - "I have 2 Steak Diane". My filet was medium and my friends was medium rare - opposite of what we ordered. Pepper Tree has been a favorite of ours for years but poor service can ruin fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy guestOnlythebestDined on 5/17/2014We have always enjoyed eating at the Peppertree. However , this past Saturday evening was not so pleasant. The table behind us was so obnoxiously loud that it put a damper on our own party. We now know of every bridal event coming up because of their conversation!Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodSnobDined on 5/17/2014Thank you to the wonderful staff and a special thank you to Neil! Our 29th anniversary was incredible! The meal was exceptional and the service top notch! By far the BEST in Colorado Springs!!! We look forward to returning to The Pepper Tree!!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We really had a good time. A little more than I needed to spend BUT totally worth it.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceJulieColoradoDined on 5/15/2014As usual, Neil and his team delivered exceptional service, great food and wine, and a memorable evening with friends. The special, halibut, was superb and offered a distinctive and delightful change from their signature steaks. Joe had the Steak Diane, rare and it was perfect. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Our experience at the Pepper Tree was outstanding as usual. The table side preperation and the food are a great experience.Special Features: