Pepper Tree Restaurant
888 W Moreno
Colorado Springs, CO 80905Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Pepper Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peppertreecs.com/
- Phone: 7194714888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Leech
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for more info on renting out the Pepper Tree Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Neil Levy 7194714888
A word from Pepper Tree Restaurant
The Pepper Tree restaurant has been a tradition for fine dining in Colorado Springs since 1983. Serving steaks, seafood, lamb, veal and more, the Pepper Tree is legendary for impeccable cuisine, ambiance, service and breathtaking views of the city. The Pepper Tree"s signature Mango Chutney Pepper Steak and other specialities, including Chateaubriand, Steak Diane, and English Dover Sole, are prepared or finished tableside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pepper Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Pepper Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)scenic view (63)romantic (58)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (13)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Exceptional service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This place is a hidden gem. They work as a team. We had three people plating our fresh, cooked at the table side, meals. This is five star food and service. Our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious tableside food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Great staff, wonderful city view. Pepper Tree was opened 30 years ago by a man whose son and grandson now maintain the wonderful tradition. The best Steak Diane EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014This is our favorite restaurant in town. The food is always awesome along with the views and service. The owner and employees make you feel like family... just amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experiencemushroomdeliteDined on 10/13/2014This was our first time and we will definatly be cocoming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak everdnthrowerDined on 10/11/2014Service was excellent and friendly. Definitely happy to finally dine here. We will be back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite special occasion place!CowgirlmamaDined on 10/11/2014Neil and his staff are the best!! Always polite, attentive and the food is beyond wonderful! We have never had a bad bite of anything at the Peppertree! We go about 3 times a year for birthdays and anniversary celebrations and will continue that tradition! We wouldn't hesitate to take or recommend it to out of town folks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning SteaksktmurfDined on 10/10/2014You know your steak is going to be good when the knives they give you on your place settings are Butter Knives! Absolutely Amazing food...worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeboDined on 10/7/2014There were only four couples in the whole restaurant, and they sat us all in a row. There was much conversation and the table next to us, while only two people, found it necessary to share their conversation with those around them. Please spread people out when the restaurant is empty.Special Features:
- Our meal was FAB. as all ways.DinewTroy123Dined on 9/30/2014Our waiter who we will call " Troy" made the evening. Besides his great service,he was part of the group with the jokes & quick wit. He was even polite when it came time to close the restaurant by asking us if we needed to see the breakfast menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCelebrateDined on 9/29/2014We have been coming to Pepper Tree for years. It has changed ownership, but definitely continues to be a wonderful restaurant. We have absolutely loved the pepper steak, but have found other menu items to also be outstanding. We are always pleased with our experience at the Pepper Tree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteKjbhDined on 9/26/2014This steak restaurant is unmatched. We go 3 - 4 times a year for special occasions & never tire of the delicious food & AMAZING service. We just took our friends recently & it was so much fun to see how blown away they were by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underdelivereddissatisfiedDined on 9/24/2014Expensive, not sure that value for the additional dollars was delivered. Steaks are upwards of $50, no vegetable, only baked potatoes. Overall not good value. Nice view of the town after dark. Chateaubriand for 2 was close to $100.Special Features:
- Just the Best!AwesomeDined on 9/22/2014Nothing can compare to the service, the selection, the food quality and the ambience we found here. This remains the Best place in town for fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth itGourmand4goodDined on 9/20/2014The food is always excellent. The view of downtown Colorado Springs is nice. The service is usually very good to excellent. The tableside preparations of some dishes is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!FallhatDined on 9/19/2014I took my wife here for our 14yr Anniversary and we couldn't stop talking about how great it was on the way home. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 10/10JETPILOTDined on 9/17/2014As always, our recent visit to the PEPPER TREE WAS OUTSTANDING in everyway. We were especially pleased with our server....RICK. We will surely be back and soon. JackSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and great settingLoveFood2Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner at the Pepper Tree Restaurant was wonderful. The view is amazing. The food and the services were excellent. We definitely plan to return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 9/12/2014We had a table of 8. I had the salmon - the fish was good but the sauce was a little overwhelming. Everybody else enjoyed their steaks and lobster. Service was okay and attentive but for the second time they managed to mess up an order - give the soup to the wrong person and then charging another for an item that was on a different person's order. I attribute this to their "team" approach to service.Special Features:
- Pepper TreeLJLHBLDined on 9/6/2014Delicious food and very good service. We enjoy this restaurant very much.Special Features:
- outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We alway look forward to spending our anniversary at The Peppertree. It was everything we expected and more.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the overall experience.CynthiamDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed the overall experience;however, in my opinion too much sauce was used on the steak. I would ask for it to be on the side next time. The Caesar salad was very bland. It was prepared table side and appeared to be expertly handled, but was disappointing. The offering for side dishes was white starch only. Pasta, potatoes or rice. I would have preferred asparagus or some other green vegetable.Special Features:
- Best steak houseGilbertDined on 9/5/2014The last time we came was over 7 yrs ago and the food was still as amazing as I remember. The decor could use a revamp and the majority of the couples there were at least in their 70 lol but that didn't stop us from coming back. The perfectly cooked steak, the most smooth Malbec wine, to a delicious side. We were so full even with the 6oz steak I couldn't finish neither had room to order dessert. Worth every penny. Will come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mandolinmanDined on 9/5/2014It's the only place that I could find in CO where you can get Chateaubriand. There's was better than the (supposedly) finest steakhouse in San Francisco; in fact, theirs was excellent. The only place I've ever had any better Chateabriand was the Dearborn Inn in Dearborn, MI, which is a most excellent restaurant as well. I loved the everything about the meal and the service. However, being the "designated" driver and living 90 miles away I chose to have only one glass of wine and my second drink was a diet Coke, which came out on my bill as a second glass of wine. I admit, I'd never seen that practice before.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Making our dinner at table side was such a great touch of class. The service was outstanding! And the food tasted amazing! Recommend their Pepper Steak dinner. Will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDiddleDenDined on 8/29/2014We keep the Peppertree as our special occasions spot. Once you are up the hill, you feel as though you on the outskirts of town looking in. The food is consistently great. The staff is who makes it happen though. Their attention is amazing. No one says that is not my table, they all pitch in to ensure every patron is attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Recommended by us and many that we know...this is a great place for a nice evening. Great view, great service and even better food.Special Features:
- Dinner.rhchdiningDined on 8/28/2014It's been awhile since visiting. Should have been back sooner. Food is incredible. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper Tree RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about the Pepper Tree Restaurant was fabulous!!!!! Plates all came out at the same time and the food was HOT!!!!! It was absolutely wonderful and we will definitely return!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, wine pricing ridiculousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We loved the food, it was great. However, we were incredibly disappointed in the pricing of the wine list. Paying $55 for a bottle of wine we can purchase for $14. All wines offered by the glass or at a reasonable "restaurant rate" for the bottle are cheap thin bodied reds. We were unable to enjoy a good wine with our steak because we were unwilling to pay $150 for the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravenousDined on 8/23/2014I don't think this restaurant is the great Pepper Tree that it used to be. The two drinks I had (different ones) did not taste right. The appetizer (lobster and melon) I had there a few years ago was delicious then. This time, it had a totally different dressing on it, which ruined it. Our salads came with what appeared to be no dressing, so we asked for some. The Pepper Steak was very good and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, as it has always been.Special Features:
- WonderfulVickDined on 8/19/2014Pretty much one of the best meal I ever had in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/16/2014AN OUTSTANGING RESTAURANT FOOD EXCELLENT STAFF FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT DINNED THER MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS ENJOYED THE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must GolaurenlaughzDined on 8/16/2014We had such a fun night at this restaurant! You know you are having a good time when you start planning your next trip to the place half way through the meal. The staff is excellent and very attentive. They also bring a family feel to the place and you can tell everyone has worked there for years. Food is delicious and we enjoyed the tableside service. It's a bit like walking back into a 1950's restaurant with enough modern flare to make it a true gem. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A definite "Must visit" restaurantPDubnorthsideDined on 8/16/2014We've been to a lot of upscale restaurants in Colorado Springs but had never tried the PepperTree. This restaurant surprised us. It was a small place, so recommend a reservation, but the service was fantastic and the food was incredible. Personally, it could have used a few more choices on the menu, but what we had was very tasty and we were definitely full when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranchieDined on 8/15/2014Thankfully, the Peppertree is consistently excellent. Every aspect of the meal is orchestrated at the highest level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peppertree has changeChiefDined on 8/13/2014The menu online was not the same as we were presented at the restaurant. Items we thought about were not available at the restaurant but it appeared from comments that they may have on a different night. Service was lacking; we were serve our entrees and were told that he'd be "right back" with more tea - we had to call him for more to drink. It is not the same restaurant you could count on for quality across the board. Our meals were good, but........ I said I would recommend the Peppertree and I would with the same comments I provided here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingspikemargeDined on 8/9/2014We Love the PepperTree. It was a wonderful experience, as usual and the food was scrumptious. It is our favorite place for Special occasions, as a matter of fact, for even made up occasions.Special Features:
- dinewithapurposeDined on 8/8/2014My reason for the recent visit was for a friend's birthday. The staff, food and view was Outstanding. The staff created a Wonderful environment for my friends and I. They were very Attentive and Friendly. The Pepper Tree is a restaurant I would be happy to recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedwamsDined on 8/8/2014Took wife here for anniversary. Sent e-mail ahead requesting prix fix dinner for 2, but they had no knowledge of this on arrival. Prix fix option not on the menu as advertised online, so very awkward. Prices were high, even for fine dining. Primary complaint was that air conditioning was on high and simply put, very uncomfortable environment. I would guess around 62 degrees or so. The food was prepared at tableside and the view was very nice. The servers used a "team" approach which was a bit confusing, but OK. Some servers were clearly better and more skilled than others, consistency of quality was not in evidence. Overall a good experience, but expected more for the price.Special Features:
- Peppertree Doesn't DisappointDLienDined on 8/7/2014Have been to this Co. Springs fine-dining gem twice now, and will be back many more times I suspect. The food and service are second-to-none. Some of the best steaks (outside of Mendoza, Argentina) I've ever had. Check this one out!Special Features: