Pepi's Restaurant & Bar
231 East Gore Creek Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $31 to $50
Pepi's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pepis.com/
- Phone: 9704765626
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Daily, 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: In the summer, the Antler Room is available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Kira G. Cameron 9704764671
- Special Events: The Antlers Room is not available from the Web site - Reservations for this room must be made with the restaurant.
All Special events and Large Groups must be made with the restaurant.
A word from Pepi's Restaurant & Bar
Located in the heart of Vail Village, Pepi's Restaurant serves an Austrian continental cuisine in the main dining room and wild game gourmet in our Antlers Room in the winter. During the summer, enjoy our outside deck dining with an international flair. We also have year-round live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pepi's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pepi's didn't honor our reservationRaymanDined on 8/11/2014Pepi's didn't honor our OpenTable reservation made a couple of hours ahead. Apparently, Pepi's has problems with OpenTable, so I am not really sure why they are listed on OpenTable. There were plenty of open tables, but they wanted us to wait another 45 minutes for a table. We've been to Pepi's many times over the years (25+ years), especially for their Wiener and Jaeger Schnitzels. We ended up going to another restaurant (called Lancelot) just a few minutes away and we were glad we did. Their Jaeger Schnitzel beats Pepi's by a lot. I'll have to try Lancelot's Wiener Schnitzel next.
- Vail LandmarkClientdinnerDined on 7/31/2014This has become a family tradition to have a dinner at Pepi's when we vacation in Vail. Outstanding service and food, and the music on the outdoor patio is always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Gotta like germanrobertDined on 7/26/2014Strudel is to kill for, save room German duck and veal r our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Worst of the worst!HaleighDined on 7/5/2014I stayed at the adjoining hotel, and had one of the worst meals and worst service of my life. NY strip was expensive and overlooked, lifeless. I've had better cuts from my local grocery store, seriously. Waitress was rude, inattentive, and I would never return. The musician playing guitar was awesome though, and was the highlight of my evening.
- Great Austrian Restaurant!AdamVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is a hearty German cuisine. The atmosphere is great being in the heart of Vail Village and underneath the Ausyrian Gasthof Gramshammer Hotel. Sitting on the patio and people watching was a great treat too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donna!tybeelewVIPDined on 6/16/2014ask for her. great service! thanks! have a nice day. be well.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pepisWheatridge1VIPDined on 6/6/2014Outstanding food. Music from booths on the street was very obnoxious. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Pepi's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Pepi's needs to improveRaymanDined on 4/19/2014Pepi's prices haven't changed much (still very high) and the food is still very good. But the service and ambience should keep up and need to be upgraded to keep up with the food quality and high prices. For example, the Caesar salad (made at the table side) had so much garlic it boarder-lined on uneatable. That's just not acceptable at prices they charge.
- Pepe's really satisfiesBigcordoVIPDined on 3/29/2014One my favorites restaurants when staying in Vail, Pepe's menu is unique and the restaurant has a quaint setting. I would encourage you to try to elk, lamb or veal dishes. The wine list is a good one. The dining room is intimately sized, and perfect for smaller groups or couples I would recommend reservations as the dining room can fill up quickly. I look forward to visiting again. We had a group of seven ranging in ages from 13 to 47 and everyone found something to enjoy, and were impressed. Nice!Special Features:
- Highlight of each tripDavidVIPDined on 3/27/2014We come to pepi's at least once for past 15 years. This year was another great experience.Special Features:
- Matt Spencer 28thbirthday at Pepi'sSpencerDined on 3/25/20149 of us celebrated my youngest sons 28th Birthday - 8 from the UK and one from the US The food and service were outstanding topped off by a visit to our table from Pepi himself at the end of the meal. Thank you everybody at the restaurant for creating such a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedTenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/23/2014We did live in Vail late 1990s. This was one of our favorites. Not now. Our meats ordered medium rare came well done- over cooked. Maybe if you go into their Antlers dining room the food may be handled properly .
- Very Good Food, but OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2014We ate in the main dining room. The food was very good, but overpriced. Granted many places in Vail Village are expensive, but this still seemed a tad too expensive. It was also extremely noisy even though the room was only half full when we first arrived. This may be due to the fact that the main dining room is small, so you need to get reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurantsAnneVIPDined on 3/20/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Vail. The German food is excellent, as are all the dishes. We dine here each time we are in Vail.Special Features:
- Excellent food and bloody mary'sjenronDined on 3/15/2014This place has the best (hands down) bloody mary's on the planet. The bartender infuses his vodka for 4 days in a spicy blend and the mix is just out of this world. We show up every weekend to have 1 or 2 of these guys. The food is equally as good. I always bounce between the Jaeger shnitzel and the hungarian ghoulash. The Leek mac n cheese, Sicilian meatballs and steak tartare are also amazing.Special Features:
- Great for outdoors on a sunny dayDrewDined on 3/12/2014Close to ski base, allows worn ski boots. Great lunchtime spot, we eat there at least once every year. Open outdoor area great on a sunny day, or use covered porch for icky days, or go inside for true winter days.Special Features:
- EnjoyableAndreaVIPDined on 2/28/2014Usually eat lunch at Pepis which we really like. Had dinner there for the first time this weekend (March 2014) It was enjoyable - the food and service was good. Would give it a 3.5 if I could but that wasn't an option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austria in the RockiesFoodgoddessDined on 2/24/2014If you never have been to Austria this is as close and you can get in Colorado. The feel, food and beer makes you forget your still in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at Pepi'sHannibal81Dined on 2/22/2014This was my third meal at Pepi's this ski season, all with groups of 8 or more. Pepi's does a great job with large groups. The varied bavarian menu has something for every taste, and the food does not disappoint. Over the years I have tried nearly everything on the menu and have always come away happy. Every time I go to Vail, I make it a point to eat at Pepi's. I love everything about this place, the bar, the main dining room, the Antlers room. Each has its own personality, depending on what kind of meal experience you want. This past meal we had the honor of meeting Sheika, which was a great experience. One day, I would love to meet Pepi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDon64Dined on 2/20/2014The antler room is a unique & rewarding experience. Very social atmosphere as well, food & service were greatSpecial Features:
- Big portions , deiicious foodDebbers18VIPDined on 2/18/2014Big portions , deiicious food and they have great après ski wth music!! Vibrant bar during cocktail hour!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austrian Comfort Food, Done WellRossMcKVIPDined on 2/18/2014Three of us on a ski trip went to Pepi's. One of us is German by descent, and he had been yearning for dinner at Pepi's all trip. We were all delighted. It's Austrian/German food, done well. The ambiance is genuine, simulated, emulated, ersatz Tyrolean village, but what the heck - the food is great, the staff were friendly, professional, and efficient, and it's one of those restaurants where it would be hard not to enjoy yourself. My wiener schnitzel was huge, but very good. My German friend's comfort food of choice was sauerbraten, and he was delighted. The strudel was also excellent. A great choice - highly recommended among the many options in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerValentinesDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful spot for Valentine's dinner. Ingrid our wait person was wonderful, great food and nice wine list to select from. ,over next door to the bar after dinner for some live music. Nice finish to a great evening. Would be great apres and outdoor dining is good when the weather is compliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hail CeasarDC2VAILDined on 2/7/2014The feeling is pretty vibrant. The menu is very German, but the wait staff is very helpful. They make the ceasar salad was made table side and very delicious! Moderately priced for Vail.Special Features:
- Old SchoolCenterCityDebVIPDined on 2/6/2014Pepi's is an institution in Vail. The food, leaning toward German was all good but I felt like the atmosphere was too dated. If you are looking for a good ,reasonable meal in Vail and don't like the new trendy places then Pepi's is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter seemed very anxiousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/4/2014Our waiter seemed very anxious for us to order our meals, while we were intending to relax and enjoy a cocktail before dinner. Did not alter our enjoyment of an excellent meal. Large portions.Special Features:
- visitsonnyDined on 1/28/2014my veal was dry. my wifes' trout was excellent. my escargot was just ok. our ceaser salad dressing was very bland. The apple strudel was great. atmosphere was very nice. too noisy from music in the bar.Special Features:
- Rushed service ruined the mealMountainEaterDined on 1/4/2014Don't get me wrong, Pepi's is a fairly authentic German/Austrian dining experience. That said, our family of four sat, ordered a drink and within minutes the server was there to take our dinner order. Not more than 5 minutes after taking our order (I had had maybe three sips on the beer I had just received), our dinner was delivered. The food tasted fine, if a bit on the salty side, but the speed in which it was delivered was reminiscent of a cafeteria, not a higher end restaurant where entrées cost $30. Makes one wonder how much care is given to preparing the meals, vs. heating them up.
- Old FavoriteTrudiDined on 1/3/2014Pepi's has been in Vail since 1964 and is a favorite of ours on our yearly vacations to Vail. Like most restaurants in Vail, it is expensive however the food is good and they have a good menu. It's nice to sit by the windows facing streetside to watch the lively town scene and lights, especially during the Holiday Season. It can get a bit warm in the restaurant when it totally fills up. Good entertainment in the bar for apre ski or late night. Nice to be able to book through Open Table. Some portions (i.e. soup or accompanying potatoes/vegetables) seem skimpy, especially for the price; however, the meat portions very adequate and tasty.Special Features:
- Fun German foodMeatloafVIPDined on 1/2/2014Not exactly fine dining but they have a lot of wild game options that made it very hard for me to decide on what to have. I had the Elk and loved it. The place was packed and made it all the more fun. The waitresses wore traditional German attire. They were spunky and made it fun.Special Features:
- Living in the pastHansDined on 1/1/2014On a warm day on the patio with friends and a Pils...great. For dinner, forget it. Cold rolls, salad poor presentation, signature sauerbraten dry and tough. And Mandatory coat check! This restaurant for dinner is in the dark ages, which is fine for the quaint ambiance but not for the courtesy and cooking.Special Features:
- Sadly gone from quaint to tiredHancock5590VIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been coming to Vail for 35 years and Pepi's was always on our list for a nice dinner in a charming Ski Chalet atmosphere. The last two times we have gone we just felt sad that the place looks so tired. Even the older waitresses look just plain silly in their german dresses and anklets. The food hasn't been updated and I doubt we will return until something is done to freshen up this old gem.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2013There is wonderful people watching. Our kids enjoyed the meal. We ate here because of Pepi's history. The food was fair at best. We enjoyed our waiter for the most part, although he was unaware of some of the wine specials.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationcac9Dined on 8/24/2013We ate outside, even though there was a shower it was very comfortable and we had a wonderful view. Romantic and laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super food, atmosphere and server!GigiDined on 8/10/2013Our 20th anniversary dinner was even more special because of Pepi's. Our server, Melinda, was honest and helpful and not too bothered by our many questions. The escargot was the best I have ever had. My husband travels the world and he said the trout with capers was outstanding and possibly the best he'd ever eaten too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best patio dining in Vail!CassidyDined on 7/28/2013Pepi's has the loveliest patio dining in Vail - a huge patio, about 2/3 of which is covered. There are heaters in the ceiling in the covered portion for cool evenings, or winter dining. Beautiful flowers all around 3 sides of the patio; great people watching, and great location in the heart of Vail Village, quite close to the Covered Bridge. Specializes in Austrian food. The goulash is worth a few trips!Special Features:
- This restaurant came highlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/2/2013This restaurant came highly recommended-a classic local spot. The food was good-restaurant atmosphere is vintage -change of pace. The service was dreadful. Our waiter was either in the twilight zone or just plain unfriendly. It took 30 minutes to get sparkling water-I asked 3 different times. FORGOT my sons soup-but did charge us for it-we had to review the bill. We were put in the Antler Dining room-not by our choosing and the waiter was clear-he only knew that menu but our menu was different and he 'just was not familiar with it'. Really? Pricey evening for such poor service.
- good for the apres ski crowdEZGourmandVIPDined on 3/28/2013good for the apres ski crowd but the food was disappointing; especially since there are so many good dinning options in Vail.Special Features:
- We used to love this restaurantMSWIVIPDined on 3/18/2013We used to love this restaurant and have eaten here many many times. Unfortunately it now seems to be going down hill. Our waitress was not very friendly and didn't seem to care about service very much. Our meal was pretty mediocre as well, reminding us of a German version of prefab cafeteria food. So sad we hope they will get their act together.
- Pepi's has always been knownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Pepi's has always been known for its après ski and bar scene, but this was the first chance to have dinner at Pepi's. Everyone really enjoyed there meal we had Boar, Caribou, Pork shoulder and goulash. Everything was well prepared and the night was very enjoyable.Special Features: