Pepe's Turnagain House
Mile 103 Seward Hwy
Indian, AK 99540Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Pepe's Turnagain House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.turnagainhouse.com/
- Phone: 9076537500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Pepe Cebrian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Pepe Cebran 9076537500
A word from Pepe's Turnagain House
Welcome to Pepe’s Turnagain House on scenic Turnagain Arm. Enjoy the uncompromising fusion of flavors from the regions of Spain and the Mediterranean with traditional American fare. We invite you to savor our spectacular Alaskan seafood served with a Spanish flair. Combining quality service and the finest food and wine, we strive to make your dining experience with us unforgettable. Your Hosts, Pepe and KayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pepe's Turnagain House reviews from OpenTable diners
- What a night!KimberlyDined on 8/17/2013We went for a friend's birthday and were thrilled with the personal service. The food was wonderful, even something for me (a pesky vegan). I highly recommend this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than we expectedThirtyoneDined on 8/7/2013Great place to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary. The restaurant has a cozy relaxing atmosphere but yet elegant. The food was excellent. I had the king crab raviolis with mixed vegetables. My husband had the NY Steak.... it was cooked just right! Service was outstanding...from the time we walked in until we left. We received a visit from the chef before and after our dinner which was awesome. Definitely a 5-Star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, excellent serviceSacksDined on 8/6/2013Food presentation creative and tasteful. Flavors relying on herbs and spices rather than salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!adamaDined on 7/11/2013We had a WONDERFUL experience here. The fried oysters and the fish soup was amazing! The staff was very friendly and personable, without being too interruptive. I ordered the beef tips and they were so tender and the sauce was exceptional. It's an expensive place, but worth it! We will definitely go there again soon. PS I recommend the cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate there twiceEarlVIPDined on 7/9/2013I flew into Anchorage, had some meetings my first day, and drove down to the Turnagain House alone for a delicious meal. The next night, I found myself with some special friends and did it again, once more a fantastic meal. When I travel to Anchorage, this is a must stop. Good food, friendly staff to say the least, and just breathtaking vistas, both on the drive down, and from our table. I will most certainly be back.Special Features:
- John our waiter was great!DeaconDined on 6/15/2013John our waiter was great! The food was good with a limited but adequate wine list. I would return to try a different entree in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very diverse menu and theValetinesVisitDined on 4/2/2013Very diverse menu and the food tasted great. Portions are exremely generous. The waitress was very friendly and attentive and it was nice that the chef checked on us to see how the food was.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013The waitress and the hostess were very helpful and friendly - Cathy and June. The food was excellent, fresh cooked and delicious.Special Features:
- Valentines DayMarxBrosDined on 2/14/2013They were understaffed but yet they did take care of all of the customers and even went out of their way for special requests.Special Features:
- Food was decent, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Food was decent, but nothing I'd make the drive for again, especially considering the service. A bit pricier than I'd have expected as well. Not sure how many employees there were in the back, but we were waited on by the owner/chef and his wife. Both of them seemed to wander the floor from one side of the restaurant to the other without aim the entire evening (Which begs the question: Who was cooking our food?). Water glasses were empty more often than not, and service of entree and dessert (no drinks or appetizers) took 2 hours. I don't mind a slow food meal, but this was not one that should have been.
- Best meal that I have hadOutotownerDined on 1/18/2013Best meal that I have had in the Anchorage area. We ordered from the daily specials, and the quality and freshness of the food was evident. The homemade bread looked good, but was probably better when it first came out of the oven. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. The view is nice, although only during summer months. Worth the drive for good quality food.Special Features:
- Great service but way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012The service and ambiance were incredible. However, the food was extremely over priced for the flavor. We ordered calamari appetizer, rib dinner, and filet mignon dinner. All were very mediocre especially for the price. Considering the filet dinner was $38 one would expect it to be excellent and it was just not that great unfortunately. I would not go back without a groupon or major discount of some sort.Special Features:
- The food was great. The oldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012The food was great. The old waitress was annoying and didn't know the menuSpecial Features:
- We had a celebration withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012We had a celebration with another couple. Everyone ordered somethin unique from the menu. All of the food was outstanding! We had wine, apps, and full dinners! I recommend the oysters for an app -- they were outstanding as was the steak and the halibut dinners. Great for a special celebration and worth the drive.Special Features:
- i took my granddauther toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012i took my granddauther to dinner on friday at Pepes and used a groupon. the food was great as it has been everytime my wife and i have gone. the service is also outstanding we have used groupons at Pepes before and have always had a good experience.Special Features:
- The food was very high qualityTroyDined on 9/28/2012The food was very high quality and utilized fresh, local ingredients. The resturant is unique in both menu and location, but the higher prices might limit it to a specaial occation.Special Features:
- Serving the salad and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Serving the salad and the main entree was not good. Running out of bread and serving after the main entree was finished was lame. Overall not in sync with our expectationsSpecial Features: