Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
1201 First Street
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peohes.com/
- Phone: 6194374474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner & Sushi Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm . 3 Hour Validated Parking!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Steel Drums Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
Nestled on the water’s edge in the Coronado Ferry Landing Marketplace, Peohe’s offers breathtaking views of the downtown skyline & San Diego Bay, not to mention an exceptional menu and warm hospitality. Specializing in fresh tropical seafood dishes influenced by Pacific Rim flavors, Peohe’s also boasts a superb sushi bar featuring innovative rolls & new wave sushi creations. A modern new decor and the unparalleled views set the stage for an outstanding dining experience. Guests will enjoy the views through floor-to-ceiling windows or may choose al fresco dining available on the magnificent patio. Travel to Peohe’s via car over the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge, take a ferry or water taxi or moor your own vessel at the public dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (238)special occasion (172)great for outdoor dining (163)romantic (136)great for lunch (62)good for groups (50)great for brunch (48)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (38)kid-friendly (38)notable wine list (36)late-night find (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Best view on CoronadoPeteDined on 8/24/2014The view at night of downtown is incredible. The sushi is top notch. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Off NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Must have been an off night because the last time I dined there with clients it was fabulous. My wife ordered sea bass which came to the table soggy and mushy. We sent that back and requested a filet mignon and they brought a sirloin. My sushi was very good but my wife had a below par experience which was unfortunate as we were celebrating our 37 year anniversary of our first date.Special Features:
- GrandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our experience was 5 Star all the way around. A very wonderful evening in a very enchanting spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peohe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We had lunch there and everything was wonderful. We enjoyed the scenery and had fun with the waiter too!!Special Features:
- Excuisite food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My husband Rick and I enjoyed a fabulously delicious and romantic dinner.Special Features:
- great againfpccmlDined on 8/21/2014Always a great experience. An evening on the bay front with great view, food, service and sunset reflecting off the San Diego skyline. Everyone should be so lucky to have this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmmlovegoodfood1962Dined on 8/18/2014The view is fantastic. The food however, was not very good. Out of all the items we ordered, I would have to say the albacore sushi roll was the best. Between the four of us, we had the flank, the swordfish and the seared ahi entrees. Our server was great in the beginning, but after we got our meal he never checked back in with us. By the time he did, we had finished our meals and were ready for our bill.Special Features:
- VeggiesNot2badDined on 8/18/2014The seed-coated salmon was good but the veggies under the fish were bad news. Kind-of a mush. I would have preferred lightly steamed and fresher. These looked and tasted like they were left-overs from three days ago. Looked terrible and tasted worst. Would not order THAT dish again. Had several bites from my husband's beef sandwich. NOW THAT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Dessert was a 10 star!!!!!! Coffee great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The server might be new. He did not bring us bread until our lunch was arrived and I asked that we never got the bread. I have been there many times and used the wi-fi before. I forgot the password. He said he would ask the manager, but never got back to me. We have to look for him for drink refills. Customers at two other tables were not happy with him either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Food were so dry, abd the service was so poor, we were given bread together with our main course. Will never come to this testaurant agsin. I had vusitors from other countries and was so excited to show them d place as well as the food, but we were so disappointed!!!
- Unprofessional and overratedDapperGentDined on 8/16/2014Arrived at 6:30 PM Saturday evening for 6:30 reservation. We were told it would be 15 more minutes. Had to remind them at 7:00 we were still waiting. They completely dropped us. Had to send a steak back for being undercooked. Another entree was cold. Also had someone else's bar tab added to our bill. Our waiter promptly fixed the latter two issues, but still should not happen at this caliber of restaurant. Got the distinct impression this restaurant thinks it can survive on its wonderful bay views and not the service. First and last time there for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter was nice but overall the experience was not good. It was our 35th wedding anniversary and we were hoping for a better experience. First, we didn't receive our appetizer (salads came and we were told they forgot), my wife's seared ahi was stringy and not good, the wine was never brought to the table and no one came by so that we could ask until we were done with the meal. Our outside heater was never turned on because they tried and needed a lighter and they didn't come back until we were almost done with the evening. The waiter seemed to have too many tables to deal with. We never saw any management in the restaurant. We will not return.
- food yes...service noOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was prepared expertly and seasoned perfectly. The crab cakes and oysters were right on point. The Filet was cooked as requested as well as the Halibut with banana almond sauce. Cocktails were deliciously delivered. ...albeit a 30 minute wait! Waiter was awesome but had no support.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = okayNADOplayerDined on 8/13/2014Everything was going well: service, atmosphere and especially the friends. The food was less than what we had expected for the cost. In particular the sea food was way overcooked (we had lobster, crab, and two other seafood dishes). The vegetables were overcooked, and some plates came out where the food was barely warm. The plates had to be returned, which really off-set the rest of the dinner. What made this surprising was that it was a slow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Dining ExperiencewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/13/2014Here's the deal, we know the area well and planned out a special evening. We took a short ferry ride from downtown SD to Coronado. Peohe's offers excellent views in a very relaxing, yet upscale atmosphere. Due to the big windows, all tables have views. Our window table was perfect, but note that some diners prefer outdoor seating. Our server, Darren was excellent. We enjoyed a lovely bottle of Far Niente, reasonably priced. While the menu offer some really wonderful seafood preparations, we chose to order PuPu's and Sushi Rolls. Every item we ordered was delicious. Darren paced things perfectly, no rush. The macadamia nut ice cream dessert was worth every calorie and then some. YUM. Our ferry ride back was lovely under the stars.
- Delicious with million dollar viewMissjanetVIPDined on 8/11/2014Peohe's is a perfect place to take out of town visitors or to just capture the San Diego view for yourself. The food and service are top notch with a wonderful selection of choices. Mango mojito was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewLiveslocallyDined on 8/10/2014The place was packed so service was spotty - there for special occasion - tool a long time to get food and no one ordered chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchen and novice serverdenverdinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Disappointing 50th anniversary dinner set up for my parents and family, including several kids. While the server was sure to get our lava cake preorder from us (20 min prep), we were over two hours to get our cold entrees. Nothing like a 13 year old asking if the shrimp is supposed to be served hot or cold. The server never acknowledged any issue even after we chased down the manager on several occasions. Been to lots of Charthouse restaurants, would stay away from this one. View was very nice.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceUnsatisfiedcustomerDined on 8/9/2014Service was awful. We had a 6:30 reservation and were seated about 6:25. Did not get served until after 8:00pm and had three kids with us who were starving. Waited over 30 minutes to pay our bill. Management did nothing when we called him over to complain. This was our fourth time at this restaurant and unfortunately our last.Special Features:
- PattygDined on 8/8/2014Terrible food and sub par service. Only good thing was view.
- We Love Peohe'sLuvtheViewDined on 8/7/2014We have been to Peohe's before, but it had been awhile. We ate outside and had a beautiful view of the city of San Diego across the Bay at sunset. The weather was beautiful (as usual in Coronado). We had great drinks, food, service, and view. My halibut was great and my husband's coconut shrimp was the best we had ever had! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerCoronadoDined on 8/7/2014We had a nice dinner for my Wife's Birthday. We come here often and it's always a nice place. However, the service varies from waiter to waiter, some are good and some are not so good. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickyDined on 8/2/2014We got stuck in a seat that only had a view of the open kitchen area, which accounts for the ambiance rating. The service was good. The PuPu platter came out luke warm to cold and the Wok fried bass was dry but had good flavor. Service was friendly and attentive. I would come back, but would hope for a nicer table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Gem!fit2eatDined on 8/2/2014I chose this restaurant as the location for celebrating our wedding anniversary dinner. Food-wise the steak and lobster sushi and crab stuffed prawns were exquisite. Amazing overall experience from start to finish! They personalized the menu with our names on it (didn't ask), the food was outstanding (from appetizers to desserts), and to top it off there was a fireworks display on the water which occurred directly outside of the restaurant (post Padre's game). This place made me look like a star...couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every table has a viewTCNBDined on 8/2/2014Very nice location for dinner, every table has a great view of the San Diego skyline. The food was great, portions were small, sharing not a option unless both are very light eaters. Service was great and again the view was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peohe's - Dissapointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Peohe's set such a high bar the last time we dined. The food was sub par to say the least. The restaurant and view is excellent. Service was outstanding. Food was a let down. :( We will definitely try again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentStrikeoutDined on 8/2/2014We picked this restaurant because we wanted a little nicer dinner on the water for our family of 4 while staying nearby for a tournament. The atmosphere is decent and kid friendly. The views are great. But that is where it ends. The food was terrible. Ahi appetizer was fishy and salty. My wife's Sea Bass was mushy and fishy. Had to send it back. My Filet was tasteless - not an ounce of seasoning. Even my younger son's chicken tenders were awful. They tasted like flour and he wouldn't even eat them and he eats anything fried. Had a glass of wine that sat empty for 20 minutes. Never got asked for another. Saw the waiter about every 15 minutes or so. Worst part is that the food is very expensive!! Terrible experience!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewLovetoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014Well the view of the harbor and SanDiego was breathtaking. It was a gorgeous night and the sun going now was very pretty. Well getting to the food and service. Anna the waitress was terrific. She was attentive knowledgeable and friendly. The food which we started with sushi was very good. The tuna with jalapeño was great. The have a surf and turf sushi wonderful. Calamari was fair, it was not hot and just ok. Lobster bisque was good and the thin sliced pepper ahi tuna was very good. Lobster ravioli was fair at best. Overall it was good as the view does it all.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewpbfoodieDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food...beautiful view on a warm San Diego summer day. Great service. We love to take out of town guests here. Whats not to love ??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view47Dined on 7/29/2014Good food and wonderful place to enjoy the sights of San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrisKrisDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious and the view was beautiful, especially after dark when the lights of the city come on. I had the scallops. They were golden on the outside and so tender in the middle - perfect.Special Features:
- 4DoggieDaddyDined on 7/26/2014Peohe's was a marvelous experience. Both my companion and myself felt very well taken care of and enjoyed a terrific meal.Special Features:
- Met ExpectationsreviewsDined on 7/26/2014Everything met expectations! Food, service, and view. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Peohe's DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Would like to thank the staff of Peohe's for a outstanding evening. Reservation was for 6:00 P.M. and was able to change to an earlier reservation. Food and service was outstanding. I will definitely return to try different dishes. Service was well timed and friendly.Special Features:
- Beautiful view excellent foodCarly4kDined on 7/26/2014Love the place, love the food... I'll be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on CoronadoAZmomVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very nice seafood restaurant on Coronado. A lot of seafood options plus a kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Great for groups, singles, couples, and evening events. I really like to location, the scene, and the warmth this restaurant offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IHeartCoconutShrimpDined on 7/24/2014I treated my pop here for his birthday for dinner, and it was fantastic! The service was quick, knowledgable, and friendly. Additionaly, the food was exquisite and delicious--I will no longer go any place else for coconut shrimp! This is most definitely a five star restauraunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Peohe's :)PusaDined on 7/23/2014We had our first date at Peohe's. They gave us a very nice table with a very nice view of the Skyline. Very lovely! I woudn't mind the short wait, it was all worth it. Service is very good, crew are friendly, and food is awesome. Will definitely dine again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay, oh and take a jacket!BlueRavensDined on 7/21/2014Arrived on a beautiful evening, got seated at a indoor table with a gorgeous view of the sea and San Diego, thought we were in for a treat, quickly retreated to putting cardigans on and almost asked for a blanket half way through meal, air conditioning way too low! Food mediocre - appetizers were good, as was dessert but mains quite disappointing. Even though we had made a reservation for 7:30pm, the item my daughter ordered had run out already, quite an expensive evening too at the bill over $200 for four of us with only one glass of wine, two desserts and two appetizers shared...Special Features: