Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
1201 First Street
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peohes.com/
- Phone: (619) 437-4474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner & Sushi Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm . 3 Hour Validated Parking!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Steel Drums Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
Nestled on the water’s edge in the Coronado Ferry Landing Marketplace, Peohe’s offers breathtaking views of the downtown skyline & San Diego Bay, not to mention an exceptional menu and warm hospitality. Specializing in fresh tropical seafood dishes influenced by Pacific Rim flavors, Peohe’s also boasts a superb sushi bar featuring innovative rolls & new wave sushi creations. A modern new decor and the unparalleled views set the stage for an outstanding dining experience. Guests will enjoy the views through floor-to-ceiling windows or may choose al fresco dining available on the magnificent patio. Travel to Peohe’s via car over the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge, take a ferry or water taxi or moor your own vessel at the public dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (196)great for outdoor dining (138)special occasion (135)romantic (114)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (27)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Great date location.JoanneDined on 11/23/2014First time to Coronado and this place was awesome. Food was delicious. Wish we lived closer because we would go often. Beautiful views from their outdoor/indoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El servicio muy atentos pero muy malos meseros,InsitatusDined on 11/17/2014Desde la entrada la recepcionista no fue agradable espere 15 minutos para dar mesa con reservación, las meseras muy educadas pero no son meseras, la comida de calidad pero la sopa la sirvieron fría ( nos quejamos) y no la cobraron, el salmón exceletemente cosinado y de sabor. La ambientación espectacular y la vista tambiénSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed.memorableDined on 11/17/2014Always a great experience. Food, view and service first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Had a cocktail while waiting for our special table, Bar keep was amazing and treated us well. had the most amazing table near the window, I think it is the best in the restaurant. Waiter at the table seemed a little rushed and forgetful. Overall experience was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!NewcustomerDined on 11/15/2014We had a window seat with a gorgeous view, great service, and delicious food. The filet was the best I've had in years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discerningduetDined on 11/14/2014Been here once before during restaurant week: was unimpressed. On this occasion they put much more effort into the food and service. Prices are too high, but the scenery is unbeatable, even if the interiors are a little dated. The seafood salad was one tasty reasonably priced item. Decent wine selection.Special Features:
- great food and view of San DiegoDanPDined on 11/6/2014Had a great swordfish dinner. Being from the East Coast, very similar to the top quality restaurants we have.....but oh what a view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, okay food, poor servicePlasmamanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Let's face it, Peohe's is located waterfront on the bay side of Coronado Island with arguably the best view of the San Diego skyline. Though window seats are the best, the restaurant is arranged in a way that most table seatings take advantage of this view. The menu is very similar to the Landrys Chart House with a few additional signature dishes. While the reception staff were very professional and friendly, the service was exceptionally slow- especially for a slow Monday night. It took over 25 minutes for a waiter to show up at the table and another 15 minutes to get our first order of drinks (including water). The food was a little bland and over-salted, but the fish quality was exceptional. I recommend going when you have lots of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We had an excellent view of the bay and the Coronado Bay Bridge from our table. The service was outstanding and very attentive and the food was delicious. Couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday. We sat by the window looking into Downtown San Diego at night. The view was spectacular, the food amazing, and the service outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dritchhartDined on 10/30/2014View, ambiance, and food were great. Service could have been better. Almost 25 minutes to get our cocktails. Asked for heaters, as we were outside. Were told it would be a few minutes; but never got a heater.Special Features:
- Pass on this restaurantGilly1Dined on 10/29/2014From the moment we walked in until the moment we left everything was wrong. The hostesses were not friendly and did not even look up or make eye contact. The table was not ready so we went to the bar and waited for a drink while the bartender had his back to us and was watching the ball game. Our table was nice and the server came up promptly to tell us that he would be right back. To our misfortune a large party was ushered in and the server and staff forgot we were there. We waited for 15 minutes to get water and bread took another 10 minutes. The appetizer came and so did the meal within minutes. I do not want anybody to waste their precious time or money on this restaurant.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014My wife and I came here while on our honeymoon. The staff was extremely friendly, the table we were at had a great view, and the food was fantastic. Everyone made us feel very welcome. Apparently, this place is affiliated with the ChartHouse restaurants, and it shows. You get the same level of quality. Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service?JamesMackayJMMVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great views of San Diego and impressive food but service was slow and server was not attentive. We were offered to sit outside to enjoy the views in the evening because they had heaters but none of the heathers actually worked.Special Features:
- Fair at bestSmooreDined on 10/25/2014No complaints about the service or wait time. We were seated on time and our food came expediently and still hot. We wanted to sit outside but some of the heaters were not working so we opted to sit inside. It was so noisy we could hardly talk during our dinner. We came here for our 40 th anniversary and other than the view it was hardly romantic. Both had the stuffed shrimp and it was just ok. Would not return unless it was patio dining for an appetizer and drinks.Special Features:
- So disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014We booked a table for 10 people on Wednesday, October 22nd. It was a bridal brunch which we were hosting. When we arrived, the front of desk personnel were incredibly helpful, allowing us access to our table nearly one hour before our booking and increasing our party number from 10 to 11. Our server was very personable and tried his best. Unfortunately, he was stretched to the limit, working a number of tables, most of which were away from us. Our food arrived and there were a few condiments which didn't arrive until later, but mainly...all the hot food was cool or actually cold. Our orders must have been sitting at the kitchen. As it was our daughter's bridal party, we didn't want to fuss, but it was incredibly disappointing.Special Features:
- DisappointingLinwood75VIPDined on 10/20/2014I was excited by the Chart House affiliation, and the interior ambiance is actually quite nice. It does have some rising and falling floors (like waves), so be careful if someone has ambulatory difficulties. I was also excited about ordering a side of the Asian Greens, especially since I saw bok choy with some entrees, but it was actually pretty gross: 2/3rds to 3/4ths of it was hard cut-up broccoli stems, with the rest of it some single kind of leafy thing as far as I could tell. The seasoning was only so-so, quite unforgivable with the relative ease of tasty Asian seasonings. My husband got bok choy as part of his entree, and it was very large, under-cooked wedges (root core not removed), not like a typical side of baby bok choy.
- DisappointedsdnativeDined on 10/19/2014Peohes has been our favorite restaurant since it opened many years ago. However I would not choose to return any time soon. The food was good when it arrived. However, the service was unacceptable. There was no crowd, but it took the waiter forever to deliver our orders. When they arrived, several were incorrect and then it was another half hour before the correct order arrived. Fortunately the weather was beautiful and we had a window table.Special Features:
- Very RomanticNiceDined on 10/17/2014The view from our table was spectacular! And I thought that it was nice during the day. At night it was very romantic! Our server, Craig was very good. He took care of us as best as he could. The food was all very good. It wasn't very busy on the patio, so the noise was very quiet. My date and I enjoyed out night at Peohe's and would love to return. Totally 5 stars and 2 big thumbs up! Great job!Special Features:
- Best Customer Service EverFoodSplurgerDined on 10/17/2014One word - Kyle. Ask for him as your waiter. The food was great, as usual. However, these days, customer service determines whether I will return to an establishment.Special Features:
- beautiful viewgreekgirl49Dined on 10/17/2014It is a restaurant with a fantastic view of the city. Plus the food was great with very competent service. THe salmon with vegetables was very tasty.Special Features:
- A First!!!bigmattVIPDined on 10/15/2014We've dined here many times over the years, absolutely the best view of San Diego anywhere!!!! However, my lady was not pleased with her serving of Chilean sea bass. To her, it tasty too "fishy", that's why I titled this entry "a first". In all of our previous visits we've never had a complaint. In all fairness to Peohe's, they credited us for the sea bass from my bill. I might add, I find the price of $38.95 for a 7 oz sea bass is a bit much, therefore, I switched to the swordfish at a lower price and enjoyed it. We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYUMMYVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had excellent service with Thomas and our greeter Liz got us a wonder seat and was very nice.Special Features:
- service with a smileRChrisDined on 10/14/2014Thomas provided us (a group of ten) with exceptionally gracious service after a somewhat slow start. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For A ChangeBarabbusDined on 10/14/2014We like to visit Peohe's every so often to enjoy good food and the beautiful view of San Diego and the harbor. The Mahi-mahi dish was superb as was the Caesar salad and all else good enough. My Moscow Mule could have been better though. Wine selections are very good. Dinner for two with drinks and wine is pricey but expected here. It was worth the visit once again.Special Features:
- Food mediocre but expensiveRouttattout1Dined on 10/12/2014After long wait, wrong entrees delivered. Food just barely OK, but prices very high. Nice view, good noise level for conversation.
- samuDined on 10/12/2014The waitress was rude, probably prejudicial. I felt that she was not happy with our group and many times spoke or answered in a Peeved tone. I always bring colleagues from out of town who attend medical conferences to this restaurant. I'll be hesitant to do so next time.
- TerribleroseylovesfoodDined on 10/12/2014I dine out a lot, several times a week, and this place was probably the worst I've seen in a while. It took an hour and a half to get our food, the wrong things were brought out, and our waiter was very uninterested and could care less about our tableSpecial Features:
- AwesomeSanDieganDined on 10/12/2014Brought some out of town friends here and Peohe's doesn't fail to impress. As usual, they get it right. Everyone had a great time. Peohe's will stay at the top of my list!Special Features:
- very disappointing -- ops & valueMagmaDined on 10/11/2014seated 35 mins > reservation waiter honestly stated "kitchen was running behind" king crab dinner was skinny shells, very little crab content -- horrendous over pricing for poor quality lousy bread and even water not refilled odd shaped table, uncomfortable for 5 adults boat ride out better than dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great for Out of Town GuestsPekiVIPDined on 10/11/2014A must go place, if you are visiting San Diego, or have out of town guests. The views from this restaurant are fantastic. Their coconut shrimp are to die for. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the view! Cannot wait for the next batch of guests to arrive-so we can go back!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceFoodluvr5Dined on 10/10/2014My fiancé and I went here for my birthday. The food was delicious, but the service left much to be desired. We did not receive bread until after our dinner came to our table, and our water was only filled once (during dessert). Our server was rarely out on the patio area. After we ordered our food, a different server came to our table saying he had a crab cake for us. Although we did not order a crab cake, we thought we were receiving it for my birthday. After we had each taken a bite, our server proceeded to come out, say "This wasn't for you," and take it away from our table. For such a nice restaurant, we would have expected a nicer reaction than that. Next time we are at Peohe's, we hope to get a different server!Special Features:
- could not have been more perfectshakaDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here. The menu was specially printed us congratulating is on our anniversary - a personal touch not expected but sent me over the moon! The manager greeted us and showed us to our table, our dinners were fresh & prepared to perfection, and to top it all off we were presented with a complimentary dessert. Parking validated 3hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTqtlauraDined on 10/5/2014I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a nice birthday dinner, but I wanted something with a view. From the moment we arrived, the staff was very friendly and attentive. Our waiter, Paul, was amazing!! He certaintly gave us excellent customer service. We got seated outside since we asked for outside dinning, but even the inside had a nice setting. The view outisde was perfect for a romantic setting, very quiet and calm. The food, was delicious; I ordered the Lobster raviole and I could not be happier with my choice. Definately a perfect date/ birthday night.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointed....Love2DineDined on 10/4/2014I am a huge chart house fan, so when I came dow from Vegas I had to come. I requested a great view, which i did not get and filet was horrible and calamari gross and rubbery.Waiter was wonderfully pleasant. The wine, crab cakes and creme brule were yummy. All else was disappointing... felt very disappointed. Would never spend 200 here again.... lesson learned.Special Features:
- Recent dinner at Peohe'sDCbabeDined on 10/3/2014Our multi-generational group of 5 pp. enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Peohe's. It's best to arrive before 7 if you want to nab one of the fabulous outside seats (sunset reflecting off SD skyscrapers, boats cruising by--only a few yards away). Staff was extremely understanding when we called to say we'd be arriving half an hour later than we'd reserved (freeway traffic congestion), assuring us there'd be no problem and indeed we were met with smiles and immediate seating outside, as we had requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTylerDined on 10/2/2014Had a wonderful meal. Service was great. View of downtown was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodKandJfromIndyDined on 10/2/2014Beautiful view of downtown skyline from our table. The Sea Bass..... As good as I have ever had anywhere in the country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60years of marriageDickinElCajonDined on 10/2/2014Made reservation on line for four people on Oct.2 at 5PM. Told of special occasion. At check in I told of special occasion. Seated outside: Nice table. Ordered prime rib medium as did another of our group. Received med rare. As did another in our party. Garlic potatoes were very "firm". Not fluffy like they should be. More like paste. When the bill came I asked the waitress if she knew it was a special occ.? She did not. She then brought us a small portion of what looked like ice cream cake. Surely not enough to share with our party!!! Overall I have usually been very satisfied at Peohe's. Maybe management has changed?? I think someone should supervise the staff more closely.
- belincDined on 10/1/2014Great location with impressive view, especially during daylight hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.