Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
1201 First Street
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peohes.com/
- Phone: 6194374474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner & Sushi Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm . 3 Hour Validated Parking!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Steel Drums Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
Nestled on the water’s edge in the Coronado Ferry Landing Marketplace, Peohe’s offers breathtaking views of the downtown skyline & San Diego Bay, not to mention an exceptional menu and warm hospitality. Specializing in fresh tropical seafood dishes influenced by Pacific Rim flavors, Peohe’s also boasts a superb sushi bar featuring innovative rolls & new wave sushi creations. A modern new decor and the unparalleled views set the stage for an outstanding dining experience. Guests will enjoy the views through floor-to-ceiling windows or may choose al fresco dining available on the magnificent patio. Travel to Peohe’s via car over the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge, take a ferry or water taxi or moor your own vessel at the public dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (258)great for outdoor dining (184)special occasion (170)romantic (135)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (47)great for brunch (41)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (34)hot spot (20)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We asked for inside seating but they said it was taken. While we were talking to our seats the restaurant was empty inside....not sure why we couldn't sit inside. So I thought maybe it was reserved. Nope, the restaurant was still empty when we left. food wasn't exceptional. both dishes seemed like it was microwaved and sat on the table for 5 mins. overall sub par experience.Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I told the greeter after we sat down that it was my wifes birthday. I seemed to remember that they gave a dessert for that . The waiter showed us a dessert menu and we ordered one which we split. When the bill came and my wife was away from the table, I asked the waiter about the complementary dessert. He said he didnt know it was a birthday but the dessert we ordered was the one they gave out, so I assumed that he would take it off the bill. He didn't and I didn't want to make a scene so I paid for it, but I am NOT HAPPY AND PROBABLY WON'T GO BACK. It is restaurant week but we ordered off the regular menu.Special Features:
- love2eatDined on 9/27/2014The hot delicious lobster bisque that used to be served in a cute metal pot was served in a glass bowl and was cold after a few seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedBlayneDined on 9/27/2014We waited almost an hour to sit down to eat for our 2 person Dinner Reservation. Terrible service, ok food...
- jimboDined on 9/27/2014The experience was mixed. My meal of Steamed Halibut was a disappointment----- No flavor and very small portion for the price. My wife had the Pork Volcano was tasty and a large portion. Pork better than the seafood, something is wrong hear. Jim LongSpecial Features:
- Best Lunch EverRockyboy4123Dined on 9/27/2014It was my Mother's 85th Birthday and we wanted her to have a special lunch. And at Peohe's, we received such good service from Thomas. He made my Mother feel special and was so great with all of us. Our table had the best water view and there was not one disappointment. Again, our hat's are off to Thomas - he was the best!!Special Features:
- fantastichandsparisdDined on 9/26/2014The food was amazing and the view from the patio was breathtaking. Would definitely recommend this location to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerMelissa8579Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary there and had a wonderful experience. We were seated at a booth that had a beautiful view of the city. It was a busy night but our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We ordered food from the restaurant week menu and was not disappointed. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. My husband loved the lobster california rolls even though he's not a sushi fan at all. Our only complaint would be having to wait another 15 minutes before being seated even though we had a reservation. But overall our dining experience was outstanding. We love eating at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great views, but the entrees were a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Rushed servicePogiOneDined on 9/25/2014The server rushed to get the orders and collecting the bill. Not really a baby/kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedfinedineDined on 9/25/2014I think that because of its location that this restaurant has been resting on it's laurels. The food was bland. Prime rib was dry and had no flavor. Spicy dynamite shrimp not at all spicy. The only wonderful thing about this place was the view.Special Features:
- eil balsamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Very fine evening...but a 30 minute wait with reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffnoelDined on 9/25/2014The wait staff was attentive, but it takes awhile for the food to arrive. The prices are a little high for the comparative quality. The restaurant itself is beautiful and open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/23/2014The staff is friendly from hostess, bartender to wait staff. Our waitress was attentive and welcoming. The food was excellent. We tried the restaurant week menu (we've had dinner before and enjoyed our meal) the green salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts was delicious. I ordered the short ribs with celery root puree and it was succulent. I enjoyed each bite. I had gluten free chocolate torte and it did not disappoint. It was like eating a slice of silky smooth ganache. Heavenly! The view by the bay and of downtown SD is beautiful and just elevates the whole experience. We'll return on each visit to San Diego.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014This was my first time here and we had a group for dinner, we ordered lots of wine and the food kept coming. Cason was our server and he was great, he has lots of wine and food knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond deliciousRun2eatDined on 9/21/2014beautiful restaurant... great view... amazing food, get the chocolate cake dessert!!!! delicious sushiSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014As usual the view was amazing. For the first time our food was disappointing. My wife's food was overcooked and my Prime Rib was about 80 percent fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good for happy hourAndyrv0Dined on 9/20/2014The surprise party wasn't able to sit till the the bday girl arrived, which ruined the surprise for a party of 8. I got a call 4hrs to confirm dinner and was asked for the bday name. I thought she would be getting something for her bday with name on it and didn't get anything but the bill. Food took forever to arrive, never recieved a dessert menu, the hostesses had no clue, waiter meant well but disappeared at times, food over priced, the view is great, but will only eat or recommend this place for happy hour. Sad to say I was very disappointed and was going to talk to a manager but after I got a $400 bill and no bday wish for my girlfriend I really didn't care what a manager had to saySpecial Features:
- Cason Tried,JohnVIPDined on 9/19/2014and did succeed to a degree, in recovering from a disastrous start where we indicated we were leaving. Late order taking, rock hard rolls had our 4 ready to leave. He assured us he would get help. He said he had been mistakenly assigned to many tables. Subsequently, service was very good...food and new rolls came quickly.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor seating!CCGODined on 9/17/2014Seated on inside patio right on the water! It was awesome and the views of San Deigo were just beautiful! We all enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomenorthwest1Dined on 9/17/2014great place and wonderful seenic view ,the swordfish was the best ,only neg. the bloody mary need some workSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ViewWWWWDined on 9/15/2014We had a table on the deck. Great view of the San Diego skyline across the bay. Food was excellent. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Favorite Spot on CoronadoJCKPOTDined on 9/15/2014Food was excellent, view is superb, service was ok.Special Features:
- Just...perfectgr8fulDined on 9/14/2014This was a birthday brunch for a college friend, that included our respective families, and most of us were from out of town. Service was on point, despite having a group numbering over a dozen. The food was excellent, the views were awesome, and we all left feeling that money and time was well spent. Will definitely recommend and/or come back.Special Features:
- StormyDined on 9/13/2014We went there for our anniversary. Great location - we sat outside, right on the water by the ferry landing. Delicious food - the sushi was wonderful, the filet was flavorful and tender enough to cut with a spoon. Mixed seafood grill was also delicious, but they should shell the shrimp. The ahi poke was tasty, but mostly seaweed and not so much ahi. The service was friendly but uneven - we had to wait a long time for some things, and we had to get up and go ask someone for plates for our sushi. Dinner took two hours, which was fine with us on this occasion. All in all, a very nice experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- BEAUTIFUL Waterfront Dining in SD!!foxykariDined on 9/12/2014I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to any friend, relative, visitor, etc. in San Diego. PEOHE'S IS A TRUE SAN DIEGO GEM! My sister introduced me and my Dad to Peohe's for his birthday dinner, and neither me nor my Dad (nor any of our other guests) were disappointed. Everything was wonderful! From the ambiance, to the incredible view, to the helpful and attentive wait staff - our experience was absolutely unforgettable! You bet I will be visiting here during my next San Diego vacation! Happy Dining Foodies!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryjaaRn0926Dined on 9/10/2014Celebrated our 10yr wedding anniversary at this place. Everything was perfect for the man that so picky. We loved the view. Delicious food. Service was very wonderful. I will definitely recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tuna!msAnnandaleVIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a pleasant dinner at Peohe's with the highlight of the meal being the wonderful Ahi Tuna steak. It was perfectly prepared (rare) and our server kindly let us know that we could substitute the vegetables for rice or potato. We also had the sesame-encrusted salmon which was very good and served piping hot. The coconut shrimp appetizer unfortunately was not hot, but still tasty. If sitting outdoors recommend bringing a light jacket or wrap as it gets breezy in the evening.Special Features:
- Overpriced and poor serviceCbusConnoisseurDined on 9/5/2014For the price, the food was just average. It's obvious the price is more for the location (on the water) than for food quality. Our bill was over$100 for two people without alcoholic drinks! Portion size was minimal too. Service was lacking. They were not busy and took 10 minutes to get anyone to wait on us. When we were served, out server was obviously more concerned with a bigger party whose bill was larger and would give her a bigger tip. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a nice seafood dinner. There are better restaurants available in the area.
- Peohe's - Not worth the moneyVisitorFromSanDiegoDined on 9/5/2014I am taking Peohe's off my list of places for special occasions. The location and scenic view is still top notch, but the food was not worth the prices and the service was marginal at best. I took my wife for her birthday on a beautiful warm Friday evening at 6:30 PM and there was nobody there. It was almost eerie that it was so empty, I should have taken that as a sign that things have gone downhill. The food was fair, the most memorable food of the evening was the banana gelato dessert. Our waiter knew the menu very well, but was pushy with his recommendations, quick to push us for our selections and take plates. I felt rushed and not able to linger and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great for gluten freetbertDined on 9/3/2014Thank you thank you to mike for great service & knowing which dishes are g-free!! A perfect nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful water-side diningGracieDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated my birthday, sitting window-side with open windows. Lovely setting. Food was delicious and Kyle offered suggestions we would not have selected otherwise.Special Features:
- EastCountyMeatEaterDined on 9/1/2014We took our daughter and fiance here for a late lunch on Labor Day. Service was great! Food was delicious. There was an outdoor concert nearby so the music added to our enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great view of the harborPreciousVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was overall good. Prime rib good, chilean sea bass just ok, appetizer plate good, lava cake really good. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewDML718Dined on 8/31/2014We were seated in the open (but covered) section of the restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive and he took care of our table well. It took a while to get our entrees after they were ordered; but it was a busy nice for the restaurant and it was pretty full. The food was delicious and ranged from crab stuffed talipia, mahi-mahi with frangelico and bananas to a seafood salad. The only thing missing was the goat's cheese in the seafood salad.--otherwise the food was just about perfect. We passed on dessert as there was some waiting for us at home.Special Features:
- great, but...BACrticDined on 8/30/2014We have always used Peohe's as our SPECIAL night out place; anniversaries, etc. so when I hear my brother and his wife was in town, it was a simple choice. on this night, the staff was terrific, as always, even got us in early. The food was good - but for this price level, not great - and there is where the evening went south: the prices seemed to have jumped from the high level to the VERY expensive level, since the last time we visited. We did have a great outside table with a beautiful view of San Diego, but the prices will make this a once a year kinda place... too bad.Special Features:
- Unusually poor serviceezsnyDined on 8/30/2014I have eaten here many times before. The service this visit was unusually poor. We arrived about 6 minutes before our 6:00 PM reservation time. At 6:10 PM we still had not been seated. I waited several minutes for the hostess to get off the phone so I could ask her what the problem was. Eventually another hostess checked us in again, and around 6:13 PM we finally got seated. There were many empty tables, and so I'm guessing they were short-staffed. The table we were seated at was right by the kitchen, far from the scenic window views. When a waiter came we asked if we could move to an empty table right by the window, and he let us do so. Service during the meal was spotty, and I eventually had to find another waiter to get a dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and mediocre foodMamaBearOCDined on 8/29/2014Waiter started out really on top of it &was very friendly, but as tables around us were filling up, we saw him less & less. We really just wanted our bill to get out of there, but it took probably over 30 minutes just for that. We were not checked upon within a reasonable time frame after we received our food. Our meal disappointed, as we have dined at several Chart House restaurants before, &for the price of the food, we really expected better quality. I was told my shrimp dish was going to be spicy, but it barely had any spice to it at all. The shrimp was dry & tough as well. Kids menu is mostly all fried food served with french fries. Fruit or steamed veggies would be a nice option, & a grilled protein.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceFoodieForLifeDined on 8/26/2014The server, Matt ignored us most of the time. Checked on the table behind us at least 3 times before he checked on us. Never received fresh bread even after we asked for it twice. We were never offered to order desserts, water was not refilled. Made the rest of the experience horrible. Now regretting tipping 15% !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Thought we'd get special treatment for friend's birthday but only got, "we have a birthday?" from the hostess and a 20 minute wait even with a reservation. The restaurant wasn't even 1/4 full so why did we wait? We ordered our food & the waitress didn't write it down, then came back 20 minutes later & said they were out of the Lobster Ravioli for the birthday girl. She didn't offer anything comperable, just told her to order something else. She also asked my other friend, "you had the tilapia, right?" - she had ordered the flanksteak. Took forever to get our food, thank God for 3hr parking validation! We are locals & now see why only unsuspecting tourists come here anymore, shame...it used to be fabulous in the early days. Never again!Special Features: