Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
1201 First Street
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peohes.com/
- Phone: 6194374474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner & Sushi Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm . 3 Hour Validated Parking!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Steel Drums Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
Nestled on the water’s edge in the Coronado Ferry Landing Marketplace, Peohe’s offers breathtaking views of the downtown skyline & San Diego Bay, not to mention an exceptional menu and warm hospitality. Specializing in fresh tropical seafood dishes influenced by Pacific Rim flavors, Peohe’s also boasts a superb sushi bar featuring innovative rolls & new wave sushi creations. A modern new decor and the unparalleled views set the stage for an outstanding dining experience. Guests will enjoy the views through floor-to-ceiling windows or may choose al fresco dining available on the magnificent patio. Travel to Peohe’s via car over the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge, take a ferry or water taxi or moor your own vessel at the public dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (254)great for outdoor dining (184)special occasion (171)romantic (145)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (60)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (39)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (27)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Very RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The view from our table was spectacular! And I thought that it was nice during the day. At night it was very romantic! Our server, Craig was very good. He took care of us as best as he could. The food was all very good. It wasn't very busy on the patio, so the noise was very quiet. My date and I enjoyed out night at Peohe's and would love to return. Totally 5 stars and 2 big thumbs up! Great job!Special Features:
- Best Customer Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014One word - Kyle. Ask for him as your waiter. The food was great, as usual. However, these days, customer service determines whether I will return to an establishment.Special Features:
- A First!!!bigmattVIPDined on 10/15/2014We've dined here many times over the years, absolutely the best view of San Diego anywhere!!!! However, my lady was not pleased with her serving of Chilean sea bass. To her, it tasty too "fishy", that's why I titled this entry "a first". In all of our previous visits we've never had a complaint. In all fairness to Peohe's, they credited us for the sea bass from my bill. I might add, I find the price of $38.95 for a 7 oz sea bass is a bit much, therefore, I switched to the swordfish at a lower price and enjoyed it. We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYUMMYVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had excellent service with Thomas and our greeter Liz got us a wonder seat and was very nice.Special Features:
- service with a smileRChrisDined on 10/14/2014Thomas provided us (a group of ten) with exceptionally gracious service after a somewhat slow start. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For A ChangeBarabbusDined on 10/14/2014We like to visit Peohe's every so often to enjoy good food and the beautiful view of San Diego and the harbor. The Mahi-mahi dish was superb as was the Caesar salad and all else good enough. My Moscow Mule could have been better though. Wine selections are very good. Dinner for two with drinks and wine is pricey but expected here. It was worth the visit once again.Special Features:
- Food mediocre but expensiveRouttattout1Dined on 10/12/2014After long wait, wrong entrees delivered. Food just barely OK, but prices very high. Nice view, good noise level for conversation.
- samuDined on 10/12/2014The waitress was rude, probably prejudicial. I felt that she was not happy with our group and many times spoke or answered in a Peeved tone. I always bring colleagues from out of town who attend medical conferences to this restaurant. I'll be hesitant to do so next time.
- TerribleroseylovesfoodDined on 10/12/2014I dine out a lot, several times a week, and this place was probably the worst I've seen in a while. It took an hour and a half to get our food, the wrong things were brought out, and our waiter was very uninterested and could care less about our tableSpecial Features:
- AwesomeSanDieganDined on 10/12/2014Brought some out of town friends here and Peohe's doesn't fail to impress. As usual, they get it right. Everyone had a great time. Peohe's will stay at the top of my list!Special Features:
- very disappointing -- ops & valueMagmaDined on 10/11/2014seated 35 mins > reservation waiter honestly stated "kitchen was running behind" king crab dinner was skinny shells, very little crab content -- horrendous over pricing for poor quality lousy bread and even water not refilled odd shaped table, uncomfortable for 5 adults boat ride out better than dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great for Out of Town GuestsPekiVIPDined on 10/11/2014A must go place, if you are visiting San Diego, or have out of town guests. The views from this restaurant are fantastic. Their coconut shrimp are to die for. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the view! Cannot wait for the next batch of guests to arrive-so we can go back!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceFoodluvr5Dined on 10/10/2014My fiancé and I went here for my birthday. The food was delicious, but the service left much to be desired. We did not receive bread until after our dinner came to our table, and our water was only filled once (during dessert). Our server was rarely out on the patio area. After we ordered our food, a different server came to our table saying he had a crab cake for us. Although we did not order a crab cake, we thought we were receiving it for my birthday. After we had each taken a bite, our server proceeded to come out, say "This wasn't for you," and take it away from our table. For such a nice restaurant, we would have expected a nicer reaction than that. Next time we are at Peohe's, we hope to get a different server!Special Features:
- could not have been more perfectshakaDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here. The menu was specially printed us congratulating is on our anniversary - a personal touch not expected but sent me over the moon! The manager greeted us and showed us to our table, our dinners were fresh & prepared to perfection, and to top it all off we were presented with a complimentary dessert. Parking validated 3hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTqtlauraDined on 10/5/2014I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a nice birthday dinner, but I wanted something with a view. From the moment we arrived, the staff was very friendly and attentive. Our waiter, Paul, was amazing!! He certaintly gave us excellent customer service. We got seated outside since we asked for outside dinning, but even the inside had a nice setting. The view outisde was perfect for a romantic setting, very quiet and calm. The food, was delicious; I ordered the Lobster raviole and I could not be happier with my choice. Definately a perfect date/ birthday night.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointed....Love2DineDined on 10/4/2014I am a huge chart house fan, so when I came dow from Vegas I had to come. I requested a great view, which i did not get and filet was horrible and calamari gross and rubbery.Waiter was wonderfully pleasant. The wine, crab cakes and creme brule were yummy. All else was disappointing... felt very disappointed. Would never spend 200 here again.... lesson learned.Special Features:
- Recent dinner at Peohe'sDCbabeDined on 10/3/2014Our multi-generational group of 5 pp. enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Peohe's. It's best to arrive before 7 if you want to nab one of the fabulous outside seats (sunset reflecting off SD skyscrapers, boats cruising by--only a few yards away). Staff was extremely understanding when we called to say we'd be arriving half an hour later than we'd reserved (freeway traffic congestion), assuring us there'd be no problem and indeed we were met with smiles and immediate seating outside, as we had requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTylerDined on 10/2/2014Had a wonderful meal. Service was great. View of downtown was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodKandJfromIndyDined on 10/2/2014Beautiful view of downtown skyline from our table. The Sea Bass..... As good as I have ever had anywhere in the country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60years of marriageDickinElCajonDined on 10/2/2014Made reservation on line for four people on Oct.2 at 5PM. Told of special occasion. At check in I told of special occasion. Seated outside: Nice table. Ordered prime rib medium as did another of our group. Received med rare. As did another in our party. Garlic potatoes were very "firm". Not fluffy like they should be. More like paste. When the bill came I asked the waitress if she knew it was a special occ.? She did not. She then brought us a small portion of what looked like ice cream cake. Surely not enough to share with our party!!! Overall I have usually been very satisfied at Peohe's. Maybe management has changed?? I think someone should supervise the staff more closely.
- belincDined on 10/1/2014Great location with impressive view, especially during daylight hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.ZaneTDined on 10/1/2014We came this time for my wife's birthday and the night went great. We had a 1 month old with us in his car seat, and the restaurant did not not seem fazed like others have in the past. They sat us at a window seat overlooking the beautiful San Diego skyline. Could not ask for a better evening.Special Features:
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We asked for inside seating but they said it was taken. While we were talking to our seats the restaurant was empty inside....not sure why we couldn't sit inside. So I thought maybe it was reserved. Nope, the restaurant was still empty when we left. food wasn't exceptional. both dishes seemed like it was microwaved and sat on the table for 5 mins. overall sub par experience.Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I told the greeter after we sat down that it was my wifes birthday. I seemed to remember that they gave a dessert for that . The waiter showed us a dessert menu and we ordered one which we split. When the bill came and my wife was away from the table, I asked the waiter about the complementary dessert. He said he didnt know it was a birthday but the dessert we ordered was the one they gave out, so I assumed that he would take it off the bill. He didn't and I didn't want to make a scene so I paid for it, but I am NOT HAPPY AND PROBABLY WON'T GO BACK. It is restaurant week but we ordered off the regular menu.Special Features:
- love2eatDined on 9/27/2014The hot delicious lobster bisque that used to be served in a cute metal pot was served in a glass bowl and was cold after a few seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedBlayneDined on 9/27/2014We waited almost an hour to sit down to eat for our 2 person Dinner Reservation. Terrible service, ok food...
- jimboDined on 9/27/2014The experience was mixed. My meal of Steamed Halibut was a disappointment----- No flavor and very small portion for the price. My wife had the Pork Volcano was tasty and a large portion. Pork better than the seafood, something is wrong hear. Jim LongSpecial Features:
- Best Lunch EverRockyboy4123Dined on 9/27/2014It was my Mother's 85th Birthday and we wanted her to have a special lunch. And at Peohe's, we received such good service from Thomas. He made my Mother feel special and was so great with all of us. Our table had the best water view and there was not one disappointment. Again, our hat's are off to Thomas - he was the best!!Special Features:
- fantastichandsparisdDined on 9/26/2014The food was amazing and the view from the patio was breathtaking. Would definitely recommend this location to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerMelissa8579Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary there and had a wonderful experience. We were seated at a booth that had a beautiful view of the city. It was a busy night but our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We ordered food from the restaurant week menu and was not disappointed. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. My husband loved the lobster california rolls even though he's not a sushi fan at all. Our only complaint would be having to wait another 15 minutes before being seated even though we had a reservation. But overall our dining experience was outstanding. We love eating at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great views, but the entrees were a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Rushed servicePogiOneDined on 9/25/2014The server rushed to get the orders and collecting the bill. Not really a baby/kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedfinedineDined on 9/25/2014I think that because of its location that this restaurant has been resting on it's laurels. The food was bland. Prime rib was dry and had no flavor. Spicy dynamite shrimp not at all spicy. The only wonderful thing about this place was the view.Special Features:
- eil balsamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Very fine evening...but a 30 minute wait with reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffnoelDined on 9/25/2014The wait staff was attentive, but it takes awhile for the food to arrive. The prices are a little high for the comparative quality. The restaurant itself is beautiful and open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/23/2014The staff is friendly from hostess, bartender to wait staff. Our waitress was attentive and welcoming. The food was excellent. We tried the restaurant week menu (we've had dinner before and enjoyed our meal) the green salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts was delicious. I ordered the short ribs with celery root puree and it was succulent. I enjoyed each bite. I had gluten free chocolate torte and it did not disappoint. It was like eating a slice of silky smooth ganache. Heavenly! The view by the bay and of downtown SD is beautiful and just elevates the whole experience. We'll return on each visit to San Diego.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014This was my first time here and we had a group for dinner, we ordered lots of wine and the food kept coming. Cason was our server and he was great, he has lots of wine and food knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond deliciousRun2eatDined on 9/21/2014beautiful restaurant... great view... amazing food, get the chocolate cake dessert!!!! delicious sushiSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014As usual the view was amazing. For the first time our food was disappointing. My wife's food was overcooked and my Prime Rib was about 80 percent fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good for happy hourAndyrv0Dined on 9/20/2014The surprise party wasn't able to sit till the the bday girl arrived, which ruined the surprise for a party of 8. I got a call 4hrs to confirm dinner and was asked for the bday name. I thought she would be getting something for her bday with name on it and didn't get anything but the bill. Food took forever to arrive, never recieved a dessert menu, the hostesses had no clue, waiter meant well but disappeared at times, food over priced, the view is great, but will only eat or recommend this place for happy hour. Sad to say I was very disappointed and was going to talk to a manager but after I got a $400 bill and no bday wish for my girlfriend I really didn't care what a manager had to saySpecial Features: