Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
8-08 Queens Plaza South
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://penthouse808rooftop.com/
- Phone: 7182896118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm,
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Dress code is strictly enforced on party nights. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Saturday night party. Weekly parties on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the Summer. Join us for the great views, tintilating cocktails and dancing. Dress code is strictly enforced. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions. Must be 21 to join us at Penthouse808. Please inquire about what music is played each night.
- Cross Street: Vernon Boulevard
- Public Transit: From Manhattan take the N, W or 7 trains to Queensboro Plaza, the E, V, R or G trains to Queens Plaza, or the F train to 21st Street/Queens Bridge.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet service available Saturdays. Street parking is also available daily.
A word from Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
Located atop The Ravel Hotel, Long Island City’s first luxury boutique hotel, lies Penthouse 808 Asian Bistro & Lounge, a fresh new dining experience. Our breathtaking view of the New York City skyline is one of the best creating an ideal backdrop for a fabulous dinner.Continued
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (127)great for outdoor dining (110)romantic (90)special occasion (81)good for groups (58)late-night find (48)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (32)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- great food.service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Went on a birthday date and my man enjoyed himself. The scene was very romantic the view was amazing as well as the food. Both me and him agreed that the service could have been better. The waiter lacked knowledge of the menu, and seems pretty inattentive and even brought us the the wrong appetizer . over all though I would return to this venue again it was beautiful and had great food. The live music was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was the best I've had in my three years living in NYC. He made great recommendations and was respectful and attentive. The food was great. Try the coconut rice... so delicious. View is unbeatable and the band played while we were there making it just perfect. Also great happy hour and can't wait to come back with guests.Special Features:
- Great, but ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014It's in a great location for the view, just kinda sketchy walking from any of the nearby subway stations and I wouldn't walk at night. The hotel does provide a free shuttle to the train. It got unseasonably chilly while we were there and they didn't have any outdoor heating. Our food got cold and we got colder. It was very windy and the menus were paper, so they kept blowing away and any trash or dirty napkins also blew away. We got the wings (I know, I know) and homemade bleu cheese sauce were great. The wild salmon was perfectly cooked although I didn't care for the "salad" that came with it. The filet mignon was also spectacular. Overall a go, but maybe when it gets colder and they close it in. The view is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCU320Dined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice time, delicious drinks! The blueberry monito was our drink of choice. The luau roll was wonderful. The entire scenic view was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningRealQueensFoodieDined on 9/9/2014Although there was an issue with the valet parking and we were given a dress code that was not properly enforced, I really enjoyed my visit to Penthouse 808. My date and I had an amazing time. I plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables Not for large platesEatAndRun2014Dined on 9/7/2014The ambiance is perfect. Great for night cap and romantic dining with a date. But not too great for groups of 5 or more. The tables are small. GlAsses and bottles fill up crowd the tables even without the main course/entree being served. It's scary you will knock something off the table when you get your drink. Also, The couch is too low for the tables unless you're more than 5'5" in height. My back hurt the whole time. I don't know about the other seat though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceHeuyDined on 9/7/2014This was our anniversary and everything went very well. The staff called to confirm the reservation the night before, and they were ready to seat us right away. I would have give the service 4.5 stars. When we arrived, the host and one hostess although respectful and accommodating, were a bit nonchalant. With that said, there was another hostess there who was very warm. I thought about giving the service five stars, but I believe the first hosts could have been warmer and for that I docked 1/2 a point. Beyond that - no complaints. The food was very good, our waiter was very nice, the view was beautiful and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying their evening. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and we will be returning.Special Features:
- I would love to give it 4 starsSunnnyd12Dined on 9/3/2014Went to penthouse 808 on Wednesday for my bestfriends birthday, I requested a table with the view. As we were waiting to be seated at the bar, the hostess approached us to guide us to our table. She lead us to two random tables without views. As I trying to question her, she didn't speak English. So that first off was a big no no. Throught out the night it was amazing. The food is A MAZE ING! calamari salad is to die for! When it was time to go, I asked the waitress for the check. When she handed me the check, she added an extra 50$ of stuff that we didn't even order. I was stunned. Was she trying to pocket that money? Because no one ordered exactly what we had. Anyway.. Kinda expensive, but amazing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi and spectacular views!!AnonymousDined on 9/3/2014Excellent spot for delicious sushi, good romantic moments and to enjoy the amazing Manhattan skyline!!Special Features:
- Bipolar serverMnACDined on 9/2/2014I found a living social deal for Penthouse 808 and thought it was a good idea for my first night in the NY. My wife and I enjoyed the view despite an incoming storm. The server was slightly less than attentive. I asked for an appetizer recommendation after he told us the one we selected was sold out. Without hesitation he pointed to the most expensive item on the list, despite the fact that it was noted on the menu that it was meant for sharing among groups of 3-4 people. When the check arrived I showed him the living social deal and his attitude went from bad to horrible. He scoffed at the coupon and became quite rude thereafter. The food was good but I doubt we would return.Special Features:
- Nice night outCity124Dined on 9/1/2014My guest and I had a lovely evening out. The view at this venue was gorgeous and Queens,NY should be proud to have a gem like such a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night!MStyleDined on 9/1/2014It was fun! We ordered mashed potatoes with wasabi and 4 orders of Sushi rolls. Mashed potatoes were ok Sushi was really good. I would stay away from Sangria as none of us (4 people) enjoyed it. Service was great and they really know how to treat their customers and accommodate their requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/31/2014If you're going to Penthouse 808 for the view then it's worth it, it has an amazing view of the city and great outdoor seating. However, if you're going there for the food then you can definitely pass on that. For the price they're charging, it's not worth it. I ordered six west coast oysters from the raw bar and you can tell from the way it looks it's not fresh. Sushi was sub-par. The description of the special rolls make it sound really appetizing, but it was just average. Like the "Skyline Roll" that is topped with seared tuna, it was just raw tuna. Maybe I'm meticulous and I pay attention to these kinds of details, but as a customer you want to get what you paid for. The waiter was very attentive and nice, but the hostess was rude.Special Features:
- Great viewBpstar00Dined on 8/31/2014The view was great, music was so mind relaxing! Food was oh oh so good my bell was singing sweet music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverMoxieDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful views, terrible service!!!! Even though there were only 6 tables that needed to be waited on and there was a staff of what seemed like 15 people running around, it took our waitress 20 minutes to walk over to ask if we wanted tap water after we complained to the hostess 10 minutes earlier. We received our check and they even had the audacity to include the tip for the waitress who did absolutely nothing but take our order. The only thing this place has going for it is the beautiful views. Besides that, I wouldn't even waste my time going back to this place.Special Features:
- EZ2LUVTHIS1EZ2LUVTHIS1Dined on 8/30/2014overall it was an evening of mix reviews. the place it self was very nice, scenic view, music was not overpowering, service was good. the table for two was very small and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable. food was tasty, however the portions were very small and the desserts were even smaller. THE SPECIAL WAS A RIP OFF. I PAID 40 IN ADVANCE TO GET 80 OFF THE PRICE OF FOOD WHICH INCLUDED MY INITIAL INVESTMENT OF 40. MY BILL CAME OUT TO 113-80=33. IN REALITY I PAID 73 FOR A MEAL THAT WAS NOT WORTH ITSpecial Features:
- a good timeGreaterDined on 8/26/2014The place was within a great location for the view which it highlights. The service was good as the waiters were attentive and the food was great I had the prawns and was not disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb viewCityGemDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere - roof top an a view of New York city. The food was expensive and not that good - but for a special occasion it is worth it. We liked the music - that was not too load, we could talk with out shouting (usually restaurant especially at night tend t be too noisy and music is too load). The hotel and the restaurant will be a favorite spot next time we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhenindoubteatoutDined on 8/21/2014This place is a gem. The view is to die for. Service and food were great. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice posh spotMs21stOfAugDined on 8/21/2014Would have liked to seated infront of the rail. But was told that my party of 6 couldnt do to rsvp. (But the spot was empty) But made the dinner 2 weeks prior and was told it was a first come first serve thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceAncaDined on 8/20/2014The food and ambiance were great, our waiter was not great, but I think the other waiters were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The mood, the food, the ambience just perfect! The duck was delicious! The drink menu is different than most but differently wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectNyfoodDined on 8/19/2014I made reservations for my friend and I for her birthday and it was absolutely amazing! The view is literally way better than the picture shown. It is absolutely beautiful. We went a little before sunset which I so recommend so you can sit there and get the view in both lights. The food and the service was also great. The service was nothing over the top but they were all nice and didn't come up to the table every 5 sec and bother you. Our water was always filled up and the food came out relatively fast. We ordered the scallop chiviche, the rooftop roll, and the Asian duck. Everything was so so so so good. I would recommend this place for like a special occasion and try to get a table closer to the wall for the view. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!!!tborgesDined on 8/19/2014I had guest coming in from another state that have never been to NY before. At first the area and construction scared me, I thought I had made a bad choice. I picked this place because of the view which simply amazed them but I didn't expect the food and service to be as it as it was. They were highly impressed and wouldn't stop saying how great the place was. Everyone enjoyed both the food and the drinks!! I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSusanDined on 8/17/2014Great scenic view and attentive staff. The jazz music was nice too! loved the drinks (bloody mary and mimosa) along with the truffle pizza but lobster benedict was a bit overcooked. Other than that, I enjoyed lunch there!Special Features:
- Great place great experience yes!romancefor2Dined on 8/17/2014Ambience was excellent definitely a must do thing if your in the area of the city. Look forward to the expansion that will be added next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just beautifulEz2flyDined on 8/14/2014Finding the place is easy its just parking thats a problem. Once you step into this place its just beautiful. The scenery is everything at night and the food and drinks are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GROUPON FINDNiniDined on 8/14/2014I loved the view. We had lobster and mashed and the sauce was yummy!Special Features:
- New Meaning to Sunday DinnerpoppapriVIPDined on 8/10/2014me and my friends went for an impromptu dinner and it turned out to be a fantastic night of dinner and dancing!!! The restaurant converts into a lounge/nightclub after 9pm... playing low key music till about 1030ish so dinner isn't me yelling across the table... between the food and hospitality afforded to us by the promoters we will be coming back every Sunday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast for my bday!!REMyGrlDined on 8/9/2014Came here to eat with my boyfriend for my birthday. Food was great - my bf says the porterhouse he ordered was one of the best steaks he'd ever eaten. I ordered the salmon - very tasty. After dinner, we danced while a few friends came to join us. We were all very impressed at how nice the place was. Very trendy little hotspot. Can get crowded once the lounge opens up, but still fun nonetheless. Would love to come back when it's lunchtime or early evening when it's a little less noisy, but overall, it was still fantastic. It is a bit pricey (like Manhattan prices), so if you don't plan on spending money, don't come here. All in all, I had a great time...would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Experience that was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great place, great food, excellent service from our waiter. He actually said we made his night as well lol. Overall an experience like no other that left us in aww of the views. I would defently recommend this for anyone and even if it's a one time experience it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Fabulous food!deseonycDined on 8/9/2014It was our first experience at Penthouse808. The service was exceptional and their selections rather unique. Their cocktails are not that strong and rather pricey. We had their duck and sushi rolls.....presentation was beautiful but mainly...the food phenomenal. Highly recommended this spot. The view was spectacular, better during evening hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Good romantic restaurant if you live in the LIC area. The views of Manhattan are excellent! Great sushi selection. Good attentive service.Special Features:
- lovely experiencelaviDined on 8/7/2014Magnificent view over Manhattan, impeccable service and excellent food. I honestly booked here because of the famous view, didn't have high expectations on the food, but turned out to be the best sushi I ever had (totally recommend Rooftop Rolls, explosion of tastes in your mouth). It's by far the loveliest dinning experience I had in NYC. A free WiFi connection would have made it perfect :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Wonderful view of the Manhattan skyline, made better by the sunset. Service was poor; waited forever for a server, items ordered never brought to the table, waited forever for drinks, coffee served lukewarm at best, etc.Special Features:
- Cool spot, & I will be going back.SouthernDined on 8/3/2014I really enjoyed this place even though service wasn't that great.. I waited 30 mins b4 anyone came to take out order.. But food wS great & view was spectacular! Ask for table by glass wall overlooking the queensboro bridge..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCchickVIPDined on 8/3/2014We will not be back. In short food - mediocre and overpriced, staff for the most part, incredibly slow and inattentive and more concerned their hair is in place and the hotel is in a pretty desolate location with homeless people camping out across the street. It took us over half an hour to be seated even though we were the first to arrive for the dinner crowd. The hostess then gave us a bit of an attitude because we asked to sit at one of the 15 available tables on the side of the skyline view rather than the parking lot view table she wanted to give us. An hour to place our entree order. Do yourself a favor and pass on this place. There are much better rooftop places in Manhattan.
- great brunchDgirl518Dined on 8/3/2014i had brunch with a few girlfriends on Sunday and the food was great, we shared 4 entrees, it was the perfect bite, the service was actually very good and a great view of the city, the live jazz band added some ambiance. i would definitely go back at night for dinner and dancingSpecial Features:
- Hearts11104Dined on 8/3/2014This was my first time at Penthouse 808. I saw the Sunday brunch ad in the LIC Courier and suggested it to my brother and girlfriend who were visiting from Florida. We were very impressed with the atmosphere, food, service, music, and of course, the beautiful view. I will definitely go back again and recommend Penthouse 808 to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAstoriaLGDined on 8/2/2014The view was beautiful. The food was delish. But... I wouldn't go back. We waited over an hour for a table - even tho' we had a reservation. The staff seemed confused and frantic. The poor server had an ear piece in and it looked like someone was screaming into her ear all night. The vibe of the place, extremely loud music and scantily clad women serving you, distracted from the lovely view of Manhattan. It all just seemed out of place.Special Features: