Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
8-08 Queens Plaza South
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://penthouse808rooftop.com/
- Phone: 7182896118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm,
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Dress code is strictly enforced on party nights. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Saturday night party. Weekly parties on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the Summer. Join us for the great views, tintilating cocktails and dancing. Dress code is strictly enforced. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions. Must be 21 to join us at Penthouse808. Please inquire about what music is played each night.
- Cross Street: Vernon Boulevard
- Public Transit: From Manhattan take the N, W or 7 trains to Queensboro Plaza, the E, V, R or G trains to Queens Plaza, or the F train to 21st Street/Queens Bridge.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet service available Saturdays. Street parking is also available daily.
A word from Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
Located atop The Ravel Hotel, Long Island City’s first luxury boutique hotel, lies Penthouse 808 Asian Bistro & Lounge, a fresh new dining experience. Our breathtaking view of the New York City skyline is one of the best creating an ideal backdrop for a fabulous dinner.Continued
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)great for outdoor dining (95)romantic (78)special occasion (71)good for groups (52)late-night find (41)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- AnnieDined on 8/31/2014If you're going to Penthouse 808 for the view then it's worth it, it has an amazing view of the city and great outdoor seating. However, if you're going there for the food then you can definitely pass on that. For the price they're charging, it's not worth it. I ordered six west coast oysters from the raw bar and you can tell from the way it looks it's not fresh. Sushi was sub-par. The description of the special rolls make it sound really appetizing, but it was just average. Like the "Skyline Roll" that is topped with seared tuna, it was just raw tuna. Maybe I'm meticulous and I pay attention to these kinds of details, but as a customer you want to get what you paid for. The waiter was very attentive and nice, but the hostess was rude.Special Features:
- Worst Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Beautiful views, terrible service!!!! Even though there were only 6 tables that needed to be waited on and there was a staff of what seemed like 15 people running around, it took our waitress 20 minutes to walk over to ask if we wanted tap water after we complained to the hostess 10 minutes earlier. We received our check and they even had the audacity to include the tip for the waitress who did absolutely nothing but take our order. The only thing this place has going for it is the beautiful views. Besides that, I wouldn't even waste my time going back to this place.Special Features:
- EZ2LUVTHIS1EZ2LUVTHIS1Dined on 8/30/2014overall it was an evening of mix reviews. the place it self was very nice, scenic view, music was not overpowering, service was good. the table for two was very small and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable. food was tasty, however the portions were very small and the desserts were even smaller. THE SPECIAL WAS A RIP OFF. I PAID 40 IN ADVANCE TO GET 80 OFF THE PRICE OF FOOD WHICH INCLUDED MY INITIAL INVESTMENT OF 40. MY BILL CAME OUT TO 113-80=33. IN REALITY I PAID 73 FOR A MEAL THAT WAS NOT WORTH ITSpecial Features:
- a good timeGreaterDined on 8/26/2014The place was within a great location for the view which it highlights. The service was good as the waiters were attentive and the food was great I had the prawns and was not disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb viewCityGemDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere - roof top an a view of New York city. The food was expensive and not that good - but for a special occasion it is worth it. We liked the music - that was not too load, we could talk with out shouting (usually restaurant especially at night tend t be too noisy and music is too load). The hotel and the restaurant will be a favorite spot next time we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhenindoubteatoutDined on 8/21/2014This place is a gem. The view is to die for. Service and food were great. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice posh spotMs21stOfAugDined on 8/21/2014Would have liked to seated infront of the rail. But was told that my party of 6 couldnt do to rsvp. (But the spot was empty) But made the dinner 2 weeks prior and was told it was a first come first serve thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceAncaDined on 8/20/2014The food and ambiance were great, our waiter was not great, but I think the other waiters were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The mood, the food, the ambience just perfect! The duck was delicious! The drink menu is different than most but differently wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectNyfoodDined on 8/19/2014I made reservations for my friend and I for her birthday and it was absolutely amazing! The view is literally way better than the picture shown. It is absolutely beautiful. We went a little before sunset which I so recommend so you can sit there and get the view in both lights. The food and the service was also great. The service was nothing over the top but they were all nice and didn't come up to the table every 5 sec and bother you. Our water was always filled up and the food came out relatively fast. We ordered the scallop chiviche, the rooftop roll, and the Asian duck. Everything was so so so so good. I would recommend this place for like a special occasion and try to get a table closer to the wall for the view. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!!!tborgesDined on 8/19/2014I had guest coming in from another state that have never been to NY before. At first the area and construction scared me, I thought I had made a bad choice. I picked this place because of the view which simply amazed them but I didn't expect the food and service to be as it as it was. They were highly impressed and wouldn't stop saying how great the place was. Everyone enjoyed both the food and the drinks!! I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSusanDined on 8/17/2014Great scenic view and attentive staff. The jazz music was nice too! loved the drinks (bloody mary and mimosa) along with the truffle pizza but lobster benedict was a bit overcooked. Other than that, I enjoyed lunch there!Special Features:
- Great place great experience yes!romancefor2Dined on 8/17/2014Ambience was excellent definitely a must do thing if your in the area of the city. Look forward to the expansion that will be added next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just beautifulEz2flyDined on 8/14/2014Finding the place is easy its just parking thats a problem. Once you step into this place its just beautiful. The scenery is everything at night and the food and drinks are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GROUPON FINDNiniDined on 8/14/2014I loved the view. We had lobster and mashed and the sauce was yummy!Special Features:
- New Meaning to Sunday DinnerpoppapriVIPDined on 8/10/2014me and my friends went for an impromptu dinner and it turned out to be a fantastic night of dinner and dancing!!! The restaurant converts into a lounge/nightclub after 9pm... playing low key music till about 1030ish so dinner isn't me yelling across the table... between the food and hospitality afforded to us by the promoters we will be coming back every Sunday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast for my bday!!REMyGrlDined on 8/9/2014Came here to eat with my boyfriend for my birthday. Food was great - my bf says the porterhouse he ordered was one of the best steaks he'd ever eaten. I ordered the salmon - very tasty. After dinner, we danced while a few friends came to join us. We were all very impressed at how nice the place was. Very trendy little hotspot. Can get crowded once the lounge opens up, but still fun nonetheless. Would love to come back when it's lunchtime or early evening when it's a little less noisy, but overall, it was still fantastic. It is a bit pricey (like Manhattan prices), so if you don't plan on spending money, don't come here. All in all, I had a great time...would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Experience that was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great place, great food, excellent service from our waiter. He actually said we made his night as well lol. Overall an experience like no other that left us in aww of the views. I would defently recommend this for anyone and even if it's a one time experience it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Fabulous food!deseonycDined on 8/9/2014It was our first experience at Penthouse808. The service was exceptional and their selections rather unique. Their cocktails are not that strong and rather pricey. We had their duck and sushi rolls.....presentation was beautiful but mainly...the food phenomenal. Highly recommended this spot. The view was spectacular, better during evening hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Good romantic restaurant if you live in the LIC area. The views of Manhattan are excellent! Great sushi selection. Good attentive service.Special Features:
- lovely experiencelaviDined on 8/7/2014Magnificent view over Manhattan, impeccable service and excellent food. I honestly booked here because of the famous view, didn't have high expectations on the food, but turned out to be the best sushi I ever had (totally recommend Rooftop Rolls, explosion of tastes in your mouth). It's by far the loveliest dinning experience I had in NYC. A free WiFi connection would have made it perfect :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Wonderful view of the Manhattan skyline, made better by the sunset. Service was poor; waited forever for a server, items ordered never brought to the table, waited forever for drinks, coffee served lukewarm at best, etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014VERY NICE VIEW OF THE BRIDGE,SERVICE WAS VERY NICE AND WAS CONCERNED ABOUT MY MEAL AND PRESENTATION ALSO. LOBSTER W/MASH VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Cool spot, & I will be going back.SouthernDined on 8/3/2014I really enjoyed this place even though service wasn't that great.. I waited 30 mins b4 anyone came to take out order.. But food wS great & view was spectacular! Ask for table by glass wall overlooking the queensboro bridge..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCchickVIPDined on 8/3/2014We will not be back. In short food - mediocre and overpriced, staff for the most part, incredibly slow and inattentive and more concerned their hair is in place and the hotel is in a pretty desolate location with homeless people camping out across the street. It took us over half an hour to be seated even though we were the first to arrive for the dinner crowd. The hostess then gave us a bit of an attitude because we asked to sit at one of the 15 available tables on the side of the skyline view rather than the parking lot view table she wanted to give us. An hour to place our entree order. Do yourself a favor and pass on this place. There are much better rooftop places in Manhattan.
- great brunchDgirl518Dined on 8/3/2014i had brunch with a few girlfriends on Sunday and the food was great, we shared 4 entrees, it was the perfect bite, the service was actually very good and a great view of the city, the live jazz band added some ambiance. i would definitely go back at night for dinner and dancingSpecial Features:
- Hearts11104Dined on 8/3/2014This was my first time at Penthouse 808. I saw the Sunday brunch ad in the LIC Courier and suggested it to my brother and girlfriend who were visiting from Florida. We were very impressed with the atmosphere, food, service, music, and of course, the beautiful view. I will definitely go back again and recommend Penthouse 808 to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAstoriaLGDined on 8/2/2014The view was beautiful. The food was delish. But... I wouldn't go back. We waited over an hour for a table - even tho' we had a reservation. The staff seemed confused and frantic. The poor server had an ear piece in and it looked like someone was screaming into her ear all night. The vibe of the place, extremely loud music and scantily clad women serving you, distracted from the lovely view of Manhattan. It all just seemed out of place.Special Features:
- NewReviewerVIPDined on 8/2/2014This could be a great spot, as it is in a location with a great view, but unfortunately it is totally mismanaged. From the hostess to the waiters and the cooks, everyone seemed overwhelmed. They did not handle the crowds well, the waiting times were outrageous (15 minutes after seating for a waiter to show up, 1 hour waiting for the food, 20 minutes waiting to get the check), the food nothing special. Considering the exorbitant prices one would expect higher quality of food as well of service.
- Wait! Wait! Wait!Subryanville82Dined on 8/2/2014Read previous reviews about the long wait time, got there 10 minutes before my reservation time and didn't get seated until an hour later. So that sucked, but our waiter Jeff, more than made up for that delay, by paying attention to our every need, making sure that once we got seated that we were attended to and he generally made the rest of the evening worth it. The views were spectacular, especially at sunset from the roof.... the stairs are worth the climb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Drinksastoria11103Dined on 8/1/2014Wouldn't recommend the food, but a cool spot for drinks.Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice ViewLikes2eatDined on 8/1/2014The food is excellent and the view is great, even on a cloudy day.Special Features:
- Poor Service- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014The hostess is very rude. She did not even greet me or have any care that I was standing in front of her. The manager was very friendly came around to make sure everything was okay. The server was nice, but it took a very long time for him to come to the table and the food took very long to come out as well.Special Features:
- Overall very satisfiedNYFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Had picked the perfect time & perfect summer night, 7pm & 80 degrees. Weather was good & the sun set over the city skyline as we dined. Wait staff was attentive when present & gave great recommendations but server seemed just a bit too busy to be on top of everything & a few minor needs went unnoticed. Live music was a plus on a Wednesday night. Recommended dishes, Ribeye & Duck were cooked to perfection. Blueberry Mojito was said to be very good by my date & I had the unfiltered Sake. Spicy Tuna app was excellent as well. A bit on the pricey side, but you do get a quality product in all.Special Features:
- Off to a bad startCandyDined on 7/30/2014I haven't been to this place in over a year and was pleasantly surprised to find that on Wednesday night they had a jazz quartet and the rooftop had been renovated. The view was amazing, the atmosphere also very nice however the waitress service had nothing to be desired! My waitress was very inattentive to us and we often had to find someone else to call her over. The saving grace was the manager Benny who I spoke to and he made sure that we were happy with our experience! If not for him I would never return despite it being a beautiful rooftop. They also have a happy hour with $5 mojitos or sangria and the white sangria was delish! For my meal I had some appetizers, rock shrimp, coconut sticky rice and spicy tuna roll, all were good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit, Not as GoodMesrickDined on 7/28/2014So we have been here before and liked it a lot. We had a reservation at 8pm and requested a table on the bridge side. We expected to wait a little while as a result. Then due to lack of communication between servers and the hostess, our table was given away. We didn't get seated till 8:50pm, completely defeating the point of having reservations, and our first food didn't come out till 9:45pm. We got full quickly so we ate like 1/4 of our actual entrees. When we asked to have them wrapped up, they dropped the food. The manager offered to give us an entirely new striped bass, which was great but they never replaced our lost swordfish. When I am throwing down like $40 per entree, I'd expect both to be replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleTSJB2013goodDined on 7/27/2014When I 1st walked in I thought it was very nice. I had an 8pm reservation and wasn't seated till 9. We went to the bar and had 2 patron drinks which were watered down. When we finally were seated we ordered out food. The waiter repeated the order back. They brought the food he ordered duck which was warm and I ordered salmon and they brought me out chicken. They took the chicken and duck back. They returned with the salmon and duck. The duck was still warm and the salmon was raw. I would never go here again.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE serviceLovefood2muchVIPDined on 7/27/2014Just know that the service here is awful, absolutely horrible. We really waited for about 20mins. to get water and our orders taken, and it was because I flagged a server down. The drinks were all watered down, we didn't get to order food and I'm glad because my bf saw people sending back their plates. Had a Living Social deal and despite informing the staff several times, my bf's card was charged. Overall, VERY disorganized and incompetent staff. The only reason I give 2 and not 1 star is because the manager apologized and came to speak to us before we left. Its really sad because the place has potential with the views and the set up. However, I highly doubt I will ever step foot in there again.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food! The service NOTNYCTinaDined on 7/27/2014The food and view at Penthouse 808 are amazing some of the best sushi I have ever had. Great people watching as well. However, I would agree with a yelper who said service was poor to very slow. My roommate and I waited a good while before we were able to place an order, we placed our drink order and waited and waited and waited. Yes it is a busy place it did seem to me that they were understaffed. There seemed to be a low ratio of waiters to customers. We finally got our drinks and had a long wait to order our food. The staff is friendly but overwhelmed. If you go just be aware don't be in a hurry and do enjoy some amazing food.Special Features:
- BrunchKrisVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to Penthouse 808 for brunch this past Sunday and were not impressed. The jazz band played for 10min then took a 30min break, but that's not a big deal. The issue was that we got our appetizers and entrees at the sametime so when we asked to take the entree until we finish our meal, they did but 15min later brought the food back and it was cold. We thought the scene would be a bit more dressy, there was a girl in her sports bra and jeans which was a bit surprising. So overall I was not thrilled with this establishment & probably won't be back for a while.Special Features: