Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
8-08 Queens Plaza South
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://penthouse808rooftop.com/
- Phone: (718) 289-6118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm,
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Dress code is strictly enforced on party nights. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Saturday night party. Weekly parties on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the Summer. Join us for the great views, tintilating cocktails and dancing. Dress code is strictly enforced. Sneakers and flip-flops are not permitted. No exceptions. Must be 21 to join us at Penthouse808. Please inquire about what music is played each night.
- Cross Street: Vernon Boulevard
- Public Transit: From Manhattan take the N, W or 7 trains to Queensboro Plaza, the E, V, R or G trains to Queens Plaza, or the F train to 21st Street/Queens Bridge.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet service available Saturdays. Street parking is also available daily.
A word from Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel
Located atop The Ravel Hotel, Long Island City’s first luxury boutique hotel, lies Penthouse 808 Asian Bistro & Lounge, a fresh new dining experience. Our breathtaking view of the New York City skyline is one of the best creating an ideal backdrop for a fabulous dinner.Continued
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
*Living Social Deals will not be Honored Thru OpenTable - MUST CALL!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (113)great for outdoor dining (89)romantic (83)special occasion (72)good for groups (49)late-night find (43)hot spot (43)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- MemorableMaursVIPDined on 11/18/2014Yes this was surely a wonderful night at Penthouse 808. Food, Service, view unbelievable. Next time i return i would go when the weather is warmer the view is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food , good service , lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014First time at penthouse 808 , it was amazing , it was my wife birthday and they accommodate us in a awesome table . The food was amazing the service outstanding . We had a really good time , everyone was very friendly and attentive . We love the restaurant . Thank u for an amazing tIme !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view without the wait or crowdspdpgerberDined on 11/10/2014Able to get a nice view of the NYC skyline without it being at an overly crowded or populated location... Food was decent... Was able to get a good deal on living social!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is not worth the premium.foodiefromchicagoDined on 10/25/2014Mediocre food. Mediocre service. Tacky ambiance. The only thing worth noting is the view, but that alone doesn't make up for the overpriced food.Special Features:
- Was very impressedFindingGemsDined on 10/25/2014This was a wonderful find. The view was spectacular. The music was kept at a level so that you could carry on a conversation over dinner. The service was great. The place was clean throughout. The food was delicious. I defiantly enjoyed this place and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view, average foodkim2nycVIPDined on 10/23/2014Went there for a nice night view with Manhattan, food is expensive and small portion.Special Features:
- DelightfulRedBeardDined on 10/20/2014Took my Fiancé for her birthday and it was a beautiful yet elegant night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long overdue reviewPrincessShazeeDined on 10/15/2014I have been coming to Penthouse practically since they opened! First trip, I was impressed by the delicious food and top quality drinks. The ingredients they use are good for you, a plus for us health conscience diners. I recently had my Birthday here and the staff was on top of their game. They were always checking us to make sure we had everything we needed. They also accomdated our needs. Unlike so many places in NY, they treat their customers with first class treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view, bad serviceCoenDined on 10/15/2014The view got us to this place and was indeed amazing. But from the start the service was not as warm as you would expect for a loungebar. The staff seemed lazy and bored and did not do any attempt to ease their clients. If you want to go here I would recommed to get here for an evening cocktail with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Why ask for a special treathere4youDined on 10/13/2014Why ask if the person making a reservation wants special request if your not going g to follow directions? ? I've gone there twice and the same issue occurred, so why bother requesting or asking specialties if your not going to follow directions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank goodness for the livingsocialSerenatee24Dined on 10/13/2014I got a voucher deal and decided to come because of the lovely views and the online reviews I read were pretty good. The view was indeed very pretty and I'm sure on a clear, warm night, even better. It's the food that was not good - mediocre at best. My husband had the scallop ceviche and he said it had no taste other that the spicy sauce they put on it. We didn't want to be rude since we were using a coupon, so we kept it. I had the penthouse salad and it came in a small bowl with cherry tomatoes and 3 pieces of avocado -$15. The drinks were flavored with heavy syrups and were not good, but I drank my sangria anyway. All in all, I will never come back to eat, but maybe to have drinks outside when the summer comes.Special Features:
- OutstandingDinewithyouDined on 10/8/2014I had a great dinner and had a great time with the live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewRocketmanDined on 10/8/2014Cant beat the spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and the dramatic angle of the Queensborough bridge. Food quality is average but pricey. While the view is fantastic, the location of the hotel is quite scary and shady for a tourist to go into.Special Features:
- Penthouse 808OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/5/2014Penthouse 808 has a great view of the New York City skyline as well as the bridge. I went the first weekend in October and it was chilly outside, so the majority of the deck is enclosed for the season. It would be the perfect spot to have dinner on a summer night and they have a great viewing area on top of the restaurant with Astroturf, seems like a perfect spot to have drinks and take in the view. The food was great, I just wish there were more menu options.Special Features:
- loved it!taylorlovesfoodDined on 10/5/2014I loved almost everything about this place! the views were amazing, the food was good, i even tried new things and loved it, the drinks werent too strong - and every drink is usually too strong for me - so id love to give it 5 stars. The only thing was my waiter, he seemed to be annoyed by my table. At the end after he processed the bill, it seemed like he threw the book on the table and i'm not sure why. This made me give 4 stars instead of 5. Maybe he was having a bad day, but everything else at Penthouse 808 was great!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- HunnybeeDined on 10/5/2014Loved the decor, open space, view was awesome. Felt like i was in a movie. The sangria was the best I've ever had. The service was so so. Didn't know who the actual waiter was, and we never got checked on. But the live jazz band more than made up for it. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBlingDined on 10/2/2014Food was very good! Service was not good at all. Was not busy at all when we came on a Thursday night. Waiter came to our table twice, once to ask us what we wanted to eat and second to give us the bill. Never asked for our drinks, so we had water. Was almost to the point of laughing it was so bad. Won't be back.Special Features:
- AnniversaryloveableDined on 10/2/2014We had an amazing time. Dinner was delish and the brownie pecan a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSHI AND VIEWcrowdedDined on 9/30/2014Very nice view, good drinks, kind of expensive, the seats are not designed for eat comfy. You can get a backache. The view of the Queensborough Bridge are spectacular.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food and service was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knew the menu well. The rib eye steak was amazing! My husband ordered the rib eye and I kept picking at his plate. Meanwhile, I am not a steak fan. Order it medium well. It is a little pricey but it was my husband's birthday and the view made it worth your while. The only thing I was not too happy with was the bar selection. I enjoy having good drinks, besides wine, when I go out to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great view...RolfSDined on 9/24/2014…reasonable prices…and we were fortunate to experience magical Manhattan sky after sunset...Special Features:
- great experiencekasiaDined on 9/23/2014Highly recommend. I like the food. Great service. I will definitely come back to this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.service could be betterjasjuiceDined on 9/17/2014Went on a birthday date and my man enjoyed himself. The scene was very romantic the view was amazing as well as the food. Both me and him agreed that the service could have been better. The waiter lacked knowledge of the menu, and seems pretty inattentive and even brought us the the wrong appetizer . over all though I would return to this venue again it was beautiful and had great food. The live music was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencelilduckDined on 9/17/2014Our server was the best I've had in my three years living in NYC. He made great recommendations and was respectful and attentive. The food was great. Try the coconut rice... so delicious. View is unbeatable and the band played while we were there making it just perfect. Also great happy hour and can't wait to come back with guests.Special Features:
- Great, but ColdColdDinerDined on 9/15/2014It's in a great location for the view, just kinda sketchy walking from any of the nearby subway stations and I wouldn't walk at night. The hotel does provide a free shuttle to the train. It got unseasonably chilly while we were there and they didn't have any outdoor heating. Our food got cold and we got colder. It was very windy and the menus were paper, so they kept blowing away and any trash or dirty napkins also blew away. We got the wings (I know, I know) and homemade bleu cheese sauce were great. The wild salmon was perfectly cooked although I didn't care for the "salad" that came with it. The filet mignon was also spectacular. Overall a go, but maybe when it gets colder and they close it in. The view is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCU320Dined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice time, delicious drinks! The blueberry monito was our drink of choice. The luau roll was wonderful. The entire scenic view was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningRealQueensFoodieDined on 9/9/2014Although there was an issue with the valet parking and we were given a dress code that was not properly enforced, I really enjoyed my visit to Penthouse 808. My date and I had an amazing time. I plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables Not for large platesEatAndRun2014Dined on 9/7/2014The ambiance is perfect. Great for night cap and romantic dining with a date. But not too great for groups of 5 or more. The tables are small. GlAsses and bottles fill up crowd the tables even without the main course/entree being served. It's scary you will knock something off the table when you get your drink. Also, The couch is too low for the tables unless you're more than 5'5" in height. My back hurt the whole time. I don't know about the other seat though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceHeuyDined on 9/7/2014This was our anniversary and everything went very well. The staff called to confirm the reservation the night before, and they were ready to seat us right away. I would have give the service 4.5 stars. When we arrived, the host and one hostess although respectful and accommodating, were a bit nonchalant. With that said, there was another hostess there who was very warm. I thought about giving the service five stars, but I believe the first hosts could have been warmer and for that I docked 1/2 a point. Beyond that - no complaints. The food was very good, our waiter was very nice, the view was beautiful and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying their evening. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and we will be returning.Special Features:
- I would love to give it 4 starsSunnnyd12Dined on 9/3/2014Went to penthouse 808 on Wednesday for my bestfriends birthday, I requested a table with the view. As we were waiting to be seated at the bar, the hostess approached us to guide us to our table. She lead us to two random tables without views. As I trying to question her, she didn't speak English. So that first off was a big no no. Throught out the night it was amazing. The food is A MAZE ING! calamari salad is to die for! When it was time to go, I asked the waitress for the check. When she handed me the check, she added an extra 50$ of stuff that we didn't even order. I was stunned. Was she trying to pocket that money? Because no one ordered exactly what we had. Anyway.. Kinda expensive, but amazing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi and spectacular views!!AnonymousDined on 9/3/2014Excellent spot for delicious sushi, good romantic moments and to enjoy the amazing Manhattan skyline!!Special Features:
- Bipolar serverMnACDined on 9/2/2014I found a living social deal for Penthouse 808 and thought it was a good idea for my first night in the NY. My wife and I enjoyed the view despite an incoming storm. The server was slightly less than attentive. I asked for an appetizer recommendation after he told us the one we selected was sold out. Without hesitation he pointed to the most expensive item on the list, despite the fact that it was noted on the menu that it was meant for sharing among groups of 3-4 people. When the check arrived I showed him the living social deal and his attitude went from bad to horrible. He scoffed at the coupon and became quite rude thereafter. The food was good but I doubt we would return.Special Features:
- Nice night outCity124Dined on 9/1/2014My guest and I had a lovely evening out. The view at this venue was gorgeous and Queens,NY should be proud to have a gem like such a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night!MStyleDined on 9/1/2014It was fun! We ordered mashed potatoes with wasabi and 4 orders of Sushi rolls. Mashed potatoes were ok Sushi was really good. I would stay away from Sangria as none of us (4 people) enjoyed it. Service was great and they really know how to treat their customers and accommodate their requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/31/2014If you're going to Penthouse 808 for the view then it's worth it, it has an amazing view of the city and great outdoor seating. However, if you're going there for the food then you can definitely pass on that. For the price they're charging, it's not worth it. I ordered six west coast oysters from the raw bar and you can tell from the way it looks it's not fresh. Sushi was sub-par. The description of the special rolls make it sound really appetizing, but it was just average. Like the "Skyline Roll" that is topped with seared tuna, it was just raw tuna. Maybe I'm meticulous and I pay attention to these kinds of details, but as a customer you want to get what you paid for. The waiter was very attentive and nice, but the hostess was rude.Special Features:
- Great viewBpstar00Dined on 8/31/2014The view was great, music was so mind relaxing! Food was oh oh so good my bell was singing sweet music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverMoxieDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful views, terrible service!!!! Even though there were only 6 tables that needed to be waited on and there was a staff of what seemed like 15 people running around, it took our waitress 20 minutes to walk over to ask if we wanted tap water after we complained to the hostess 10 minutes earlier. We received our check and they even had the audacity to include the tip for the waitress who did absolutely nothing but take our order. The only thing this place has going for it is the beautiful views. Besides that, I wouldn't even waste my time going back to this place.Special Features:
- EZ2LUVTHIS1EZ2LUVTHIS1Dined on 8/30/2014overall it was an evening of mix reviews. the place it self was very nice, scenic view, music was not overpowering, service was good. the table for two was very small and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable. food was tasty, however the portions were very small and the desserts were even smaller. THE SPECIAL WAS A RIP OFF. I PAID 40 IN ADVANCE TO GET 80 OFF THE PRICE OF FOOD WHICH INCLUDED MY INITIAL INVESTMENT OF 40. MY BILL CAME OUT TO 113-80=33. IN REALITY I PAID 73 FOR A MEAL THAT WAS NOT WORTH ITSpecial Features:
- a good timeGreaterDined on 8/26/2014The place was within a great location for the view which it highlights. The service was good as the waiters were attentive and the food was great I had the prawns and was not disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb viewCityGemDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere - roof top an a view of New York city. The food was expensive and not that good - but for a special occasion it is worth it. We liked the music - that was not too load, we could talk with out shouting (usually restaurant especially at night tend t be too noisy and music is too load). The hotel and the restaurant will be a favorite spot next time we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.