Pensare Italian Bistro
799 Highland Ave.
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pensare Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pensareitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: (727) 786-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can arrange catering for special events, ranging from $20 - $40 per person...
- Special Events: Coming soon:
Wine pairings with dinner
Theme dinners (i.e. seafood, pasta night, risotto)
A word from Pensare Italian Bistro
Pensare brings expert Italian culinary technique and impeccable service to Main Street in Dunedin, FL. The food served at Pensare combines old world traditions and creative genius into an unparalleled epicurean experience. Whether you are looking for a place to relax and meet up with some old friends for a glass of wine, or treat yourself to a stellar meal, Pensare offers it all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Pensare Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dunedin ›
Pensare Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (56)great for outdoor dining (54)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)good for groups (22)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Date night...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great place to take family and friends from out of town. Impressed. My wife and I loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Outstanding food! Couldn't be better. Even their gluten free pasta doesn't taste like it. Very friendly staff, but it seems like the kitchen can get backed up at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been short a chef. Slow, terribly loudNotgoodDined on 11/15/2014We were 5 min early and still had to wait 25 min to be seated. Then we were seated next to the loudest talking man on earth who didnt shut up for 3 hours. When he left i couldnt believe how quiet the restaurant became. We ordered right away and dindt get our food for almost 2 hours. Waiter never came by, and when he did he acknowledged it was slow but never apologized. That could've gone a long way. Could've also brought us some small complimentary appetizers to make up for it. We mentioned the loud talking man and he did not apologize or make an effort for that. Food was not even that great - what italian place doesnt offer some kind of pasta side either before or with the meal. Potatoes and Broccoli only for sides? If you want a real italian experience, go to Natalina Osteria in south tampa.
- Fabulous!JimLDined on 11/14/2014Fabulous setting, Fabulous service, Fabulous food. What more can anyone ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!BabsieDined on 11/12/2014Truly delicious food! Great service great ambiance reasonable price, esp for excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to eatFoodluverDined on 11/10/2014We will definitely go back to Pensares! The service was super and the food was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food, atypical serviceSteveVIPDined on 11/8/2014Again, the food was delicious, inspired Italian. On this rainy night the restaurant was at capacity due to a street event and the service suffered because the kitchen was overwhelmed. Still a somewhat enjoyable evening even with the delays in seating and both food and drink delivery. We were promised a free round of beverages, for our inconvenience, by the manager, but were charged for them nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our server was extremely accommodating, very professional and eager to please. The food was freshly prepared and delicious and we enjoyed every item that we ordered from the menu. A perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Aldo!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Again, another fantastic meal at Pensare. I am now even more convinced that the difference between Pensare and any other 5 star Italian restaurant is our waiter, the one and only ALDO!!! His attention to our dining pleasure is multiplied by his attention to detail; like decanting our wine in his very own special ( from Italy) decanter, describing each special is minuet detail and replenishing our warm bread basket. Pensare has an outstanding wine list, and if there is noting on it you like, ask Aldo for a suggestion. We enjoyed a fantastic bottle of Baby Amerone for $ 60 which was a steal! Go to Pensare with loved ones who will treasure the opportunity to have a real taste of Italy in downtown Dunedin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Great food great staff only criticism I have is that it's very noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adds vibrancy to DunedinmartieVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was a delightful place to have a meal. The weather was perfect and I enjoyed being surrounded by patrons of their wine bar and clients having meals or drinks indoors and outdoors. The Italian menu had good choices.Special Features:
- iwishiknewitalianluvthisplaceDined on 10/24/2014The food was outstanding. Everyone in our party was very happy with their meals. Everything was hot ---and delicious. We were not rushed--even though there were people waiting to be seated. Our waiter was attentive to us---offered to bring the food for the kids ahead of ours. It is so nice to have a quality restaurant 4 miles from our home. We will be back. We will also be sure to spread the word about your wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5th Time HereLesfromMdDined on 10/23/2014Our 5 year old picked Pensare to celebrate her 6th birthday. The kids never order anything but pasta marinara and Caesar salad but they love the place and the attention. I love to go there for the gluten-free pasta and end up having the baby (whole) clams with that pasta...they're so, so delicious! Another family favorite is the veal parmigiana. We love this restaurant and we love Aldo, who takes such good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great little Italian place. One of our favorites to go have dinner:) Wonderful service as well.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant In Townwillwork4martinisDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I love this restaurant!! The food is fabulous and the service is impeccable. Steven and Nicole are so friendly and attentive. This will be one our regular spots for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food here is very good -- well-prepared with quality ingredients. The wine list is over-priced, a reason this is not one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and service! On a busy night, though, the noise level is quite highSpecial Features:
- HolidayDined on 10/13/2014The food was outstanding. v A great place for that special occasion to take family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Pensare's Bistro….mybaileyDined on 10/11/2014This is the place that we come to time after time. By ourselves, with friends, for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. We have never been disappointed here. The food is always good , the service is excellent, and the ambiance is great. If you haven't tried Pensare's, you are missing something special.Special Features:
- NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. The wine list was very disappointing with only one choice for each wine type that wasn't Italian. The worst part was the noise. They have GOT to come up with something to control the ridicules noise level. It was literally like a school cafeteria magnified about 10 times!! We were so agitated and tense by the time we left it really ruined what could have been a great dinner. They need to do something with the cement floor. It was impossible to talk with out yelling. We wished we had asked to be seated outside as it happened to be a nice night to sit outsideSpecial Features:
- suzieDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was great. Because of an anniversary we received a complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Once again it was delicious!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We are never disappointed. My husband, (who is a retired chef/restaurant owner) said the Grouper was “The Best Grouper I ever had”. Our server Aldo always makes us feel welcome and always recommends wonderful things to eat and drink. We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great service and best made-to-order Italian food I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dunedin downtown charmerLaurieBDunedinDined on 9/26/20144 of us met here. Our waiter Aldo was superb, catering to our needs and making suggestions when asked. The place is a little bit small but it's heart is huge. Save room for dessert, the Limoncello cake is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little gem!TheFoodDudeDined on 9/23/2014This is a very nice small, fairly authentic Italian restaurant. The ambiance is good with a nice outdoor seating area; however, it opens to fairly busy intersecting streets that can be somewhat noisy. The food quality and preparation are excellent and the presentation is very nice. Service is very good , but slightly on the slow side; however, I don't mind that as it gives it a more European flavor and the diners a chance to visit with appetizers and a glass of wine. Incidentally, the wine list is good and not terribly overpriced. It can be a little noisy at times when the restaurant dining area and bar are very busy since they are closely connected and the rooms are small. This is a very nice restaurant that most anyone can enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ExcellentptayDined on 9/20/2014The best meal I have had in a very long time. The Ice Tea was perfect. The Eggplant was my favorite as appetizer. Next time I will make it my entire meal. The Chicken Picatta was also very very good. Everything was very fresh and flavorful. Truly an Italian restaurant. Now my favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeanDined on 9/18/2014This is our favorite, special occasion restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent Food - slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Food was outstanding but it took 45 mins for our food to come outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Want a great Dinner experiencewineguyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very original menu. Great waitstaff. The food was well prepared and delicious. The management team was friendly and informative. When friends come from out of town, take them here. Its what they will rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiancejsmfDined on 9/12/2014I am one of those gluten free eaters and I love that gluten free pasta is an option. I got the putenesca (spellling?) with gluten free pasta and it was outstanding! Hubby had chicken parm and the chicken was not heavily breaded, sauce was perfect. Drinks are well poured! No watered down alcohol here! Arugula salad is very light and tasty. Soup of the day was a zuccini soup but not a creamy, too filling, type soup. It was pureed and well seasoned. Service was also very good. We have never been disappointed with food, service or atmosphere at Pensare. Love it, love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sojoDined on 9/9/2014The service is great and the food always delivers. We go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local ItaliangramDined on 9/8/2014Delicious. Very fresh salad and excellent pasta with coconut curry sauce. Had it with scallops instead of shrimp and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BardahlBardhalDined on 9/6/2014great place , best Italian food in the area , not hurried , a wide variety of dishes .our guests enjoyed their first time thereSpecial Features:
- Almost Italian!WelovepositiveplacesDined on 9/5/2014Having been to Italy this year, we were pleased to find this little family operated restaurant that is the closest thing to being in Rome we have found in the area. The food was good, the service excellent, and the owners were eager to please. It says something when we met the owners (husband and wife) on our first visit. We recommend the outside seating for that 'cafe' feel. They even let us sit and relax without pressure (or a bill until we asked) just like in Italy.Special Features:
- Food prepared with careFreshItalianDined on 9/5/2014You could tell that the chef has thought very hard on how to best present his dishes, and how to best represent the ingredients. The tuna tartar dish was expertly put together and just a perfect balance of all the ingredients. My wife and I both chose different veal dishes and they were equally delicious. We looked at the huge plates of pasta and seafood our neighboring tables had, and they made me want to go back soon and try them. Many were too big for one, sharing would seem a good idea, though I do not mind leftovers for the next day. Only negative is the noise level, especially if they have larger tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner took 60 min after orderingWellTraveledDined on 9/5/2014The staff was friendly, the decor lovely and the food was good but our family dinner for 10 which included 3 well behaved children took over an hour from the time they took our order. A couple seated next to us sat down after we did and left long before we were done so I guess large parties aren't there strong suit. My daughter and her husband recommended the place so I'm sure we will give them another try. Just not with a large party, which was their excuse for how long the food took to prepare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian In The Bay AreaIdontdoreviewsDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic, I can't wait to get back as there are several more menu items I want to try!Special Features:
- FabulousCiroDined on 8/31/2014The food and service is great! Love this place! Best lobster ravioli I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014amazing food and service every time. a definite local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Quality RestaurantRayEastDined on 8/30/2014Would strongly urge you to deal with your acoustics. I am a real estate developer and if you would have more sound absorbing fabric stretched over frames on the ceiling and walls would really help. Frankly, it is way too loud. There is too much hard surface. The decor is outstanding and gives one a very warm, inviting and cozy feeling. The artwork is very nice also. All the staff were polite, professional, friendly and very nice. Both of the hostesses were excellent also. I could not give you 5 stars because of the acoustics. Fix them and 5 stars will be the proper overall rating as the food, wine, decor, staff, presentation, service and quality are all 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.