Pensare Italian Bistro
799 Highland Ave.
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pensare Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pensareitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: 727-786-2222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ciro Mancini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can arrange catering for special events, ranging from $20 - $40 per person...in some cases Chef Ciro Mancini will be there in person
- Special Events: Coming soon:
Wine pairings with dinner
Theme dinners (i.e. seafood, pasta night, risotto)
A word from Pensare Italian Bistro
Pensare brings expert Italian culinary technique and impeccable service to Main Street in Dunedin, FL. Under the careful eye of Chef Ciro Mancini, the food served at Pensare combines old world traditions and creative genius into an unparalleled epicurean experience. Whether you are looking for a place to relax and meet up with some old friends for a glass of wine, or treat yourself to a stellar meal, Pensare offers it all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pensare Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dunedin ›
Pensare Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (64)great for outdoor dining (54)romantic (52)notable wine list (45)good for groups (20)hot spot (18)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- FinallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We decided that our 35th Anniversary was the right time to go to Pensare, don't know why we waited so long. It's a lovely little jewel in the middle of Dunedin and we really had a lovely dinner. Our waiter was nicely attentive, the meal was perfect. And the owner was so nice to visit our table, thank you for the wonderful dessert (with a candle). We will go back again and the prices were not out of line since everything is delicious. Won't wait too long again to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RTNOLEDined on 8/23/2014We love downtown Dunedin and have not had the chance to visit this particular restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food delicious. It is definitely an energetic noise level so not for persons looking for a quiet meal. But, if you want great italian food, this is the place!Special Features:
- Evening out for 3 couples DmacDmacDined on 8/23/2014Our group included 2 couples that had never been to Pensare's before. They were all very much impressed by the food.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENING!LOJODined on 8/19/2014EXCELLENT DINNER AND WINE. OUR WAITER, MICHAEL, WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ,PLEASANT AND ATTENTIVE. A WORLD CLASS WAITER. WE LOOK FORWARD TO RETURNING SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food no fun to eat in the barOfteninPhillyDined on 8/16/2014The food was wonderful as always. We recommend the burratina and the pasta florida. Sitting on the bar was not great however. These takes should be given to people without reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJohnDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food and service - we felt like real VIPs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon Tartare app. a must haveRobbyd2000Dined on 8/15/2014The Salmon Tartare with dried shrimp and Black Caviar was an excellent start to a wonderful meal. It was a generous portion and the addition of dried shrimp provided a burst of sweet flavor which propelled the dish from good to excellent. The host staff were friendly and my waiter was proficient and professional. Despite being a single diner on a Friday night I was given a nice table in the main dining room without any problems.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Pensare' continues to be an excellent dining experience. The quality of the food never disappoints. The owners are hands on and always there to make sure your Pensare' experience is excellent.Special Features:
- so yummy!NancynoodleDined on 8/13/2014Had a night out to celebrate my daughter's birthday - turned 15! The food was amazing - homemade ravioli's, delicious Chicken Marsala, and Chicken alfredo. Then, on to dessert. Surprise birthday cake was a heavenly lemon cake and then we also ordered the Chocolate Souffle - AMAZING. Great atmosphere, not too noisy, and not too "stuffy", great for all ages. CAn't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkellygirl6872Dined on 8/12/2014Dinner was great and Michael was wonderful. From the greeting at the door to birthday candles in dessert, everything was perfect! Love this place!!Special Features:
- spectacular diningromanticoupleDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was a gem. Great food. Our only complaint was not the restaurants fault but did put a damper on our romantic outing. The two ladies at the next table were extremely loud and whiny. They had to be the center of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dunedindinersDined on 8/9/2014Pensare is our new find. In the past, we had only one restaurant in Dunedin fit to bring friends and out of town guests to. Now we have a choice. This weekend, we brought friends with very discerning taste in food/dining. We enjoyed the outdoor dining, had great dinners and were very impressed with the comfort and enjoyment of the evening. The wine selection was excellent, the evening specials were varied and delicious. We are late diners, but the staff and servers did not seem to mind that we were there late and did not make us feel uncomfortable. The owner personally greeted us and assured that we were well taken care of. Also, we love that on some occasions, we can bring our pet without issue and still enjoy a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good againSteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014A favorite in the area. Authentic flavors of Italy and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, As Usual!reservations4usDined on 8/9/2014Thanks for making my birthday memorable - such a lovely place for a romantic dinner with my hubby! This is our favorite restaurant - love the owners, love the chef, love the food! Thanks again! This is the BEST Italian Restaurant around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time experienceHappyJackDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a dinner at Pensare. We would not hesitate to dine there again and highly recommend for excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine foodbonappetitoDined on 8/8/2014High class Italian restaurant with classic cuisine. Excellent service.prices are reasonable in view of the high quality.Special Features:
- We love this Italian Gem!!Yum1975VIPDined on 8/3/2014We love Pensare! The food is delicious, service is great, prices are reasonable. Perfect Sunday Dinner. One of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ItalianFloridaFoodieDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was attentive, but most importantly, the owner came over and asked us about our meal. It seems small, but this gesture is a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to come back!!!Food4thoughtDined on 8/2/2014We are visiting from Miami and have tried to make a reservation on several occasions but we're not able to get in This time we were lucky! We were with great old friends so all we needed was good food and good service. We certainly got what we came for!!! Our wine selection was superb, our waiter was delightful and every dish was outstanding. To top it off, the owners greeted us on our way out the door. Pensare will now become a tradition for us on every visit. We have already recommended it to our friends... Thanks for a fabulous eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weknowItalianDined on 8/1/2014Great meal, great menu choices, very accommodating to our special request for a quiet table to celebrate a special anniversary. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodPaulGDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent. Went with a group of guys on a golf vacation whose tastes ranged from simple meat and potatoes to more sophisticated italian cuisine. Everyone was pleased. Service was excellent, although the waiter oversold in his enthusiasm to attempt to get everyone to have an appetizer, or dessert.
- Great food, a bit noisyAnnieDined on 7/27/2014The food and service at Pensare was great - four of us each had something different and they were all delicious. The only issue was the noise level. It was extremely loud in the restaurant and we had to yell to hear each other across the table. Not good for talking with friends.
- WhatmoredoyouwantDined on 7/26/2014First visit. Wide menu choice. Great veal piccata and arugala salad. Attentive service. Will return!Special Features:
- excellantMokeDined on 7/26/2014The food never disappoints. Service great, people great. Nice food selection and food always served hot and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first visitgoodfood2eatDined on 7/25/2014The food was wonderful. It was an authentic italian place and I would go back a million times. The atmosphere was very beautiful, they even had a lady selling roses from table to table. It was a perfect start to our date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PensarePensareDined on 7/25/2014The food is always excellent and the Chef (Ciro) knows customer service. Not only does he walk through the dining area to interact with his customers ; he always remembers his past guests and gives them a warm welcome back. The arugula salad with shaved Parmesan is always fresh. I had the snapper and would highly recommend it; fresh, well seasoned but not to the point that the seasoning overtakes the dish.Special Features:
- We Shall ReturnTarponLarsDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated two birthdays with a great dinner and great service. Aldo was wonderful and was his wait staff. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerGoldengirlDined on 7/24/2014We always enjoy our dinner at Pensare, especially if it's a special occasion. I would make one suggestion, however. I know we live in Florida, but the attire that some people wear to such a nice place as Pensare is unacceptable. When we were there on July 24, two females walked in with shorts that didn't leave much to the imagination. There was also another man who looked like he just walked off the beach. It would be so much nicer if there was a dress code of some sort; for example, no shorts. I'm not asking people to wear formal attire, but at least make an effort if they are going to a sophisticated place like Pensare. Many of my friends agree, and before you think that we're of the older generation, we're not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Show DinnerJohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Had a great selection of appetizers, pastas, and meat/seafood course. Very adequate wine list with interesting selections at various price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the wine guywineguyDined on 7/19/2014Great service, large creative menu, heavy on the Italian wines and some good reasonable prices. Worth checking out. Probably need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSheryl62Dined on 7/19/2014Loved the food. All of the veal dishes were wonderful. The lemon dessert is a must have. Our waiter, Aldo, was exceptional. Highly recommend. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunedin Fantastico!FloridaboatDined on 7/18/2014Great AUTHENTIC Italian bistro. Chef Ciro has one of the best kept secrets in Dunedin. Great food, superb service and extensive wine list! It's a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful food and excellent service from Aldo. Relaxing dinner, never felt rushed. Recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - need more ACpinkchickdinerDined on 7/18/2014This is a small little treasure in Dunedin, the food was excellent, the atmosphere good - a little noisy, but the AC isn't cold. we were given a table in the corner by the bar, and although mentioned several times how warm it was - we asked for the AC to be cooler, we ended up leaving early because it was just too hot to sit and enjoy. its a shame because the food and service were very good. I would probably not go back because of this.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnertikidiningDined on 7/15/2014This is one of the few places that gets it all right. We had an outstanding dinner. The food was so fresh...the seafood was great...and Everything about our dinner was great. Mike and his wife have done a great job. One of the best places in Tampa Bay area.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014Food was great, waitress didn't seem to know much but everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Pensare is the best Italian Restaurant in the Tampa Bay Are. Their pasta is always fresh and "al dente" we love it!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014We just moved to the Clearwater, FL area and have been searching for a great Italian restaurant. We found it! The food was absolutely amazing, the service was second to none, and the atmosphere was a lively Italian restaurant family. We had the calamari and the caprese salad as appetizers, which were outstanding. The caprese salad had no balsamic vinegar, which I was concerned about at first, but trust me when I tell you it did not need any vinegar - the cheese, basil, tomatoes, olive oil were incredible. Our meals were outstanding. Our waiter Aldo was fabulous. He took care of every detail at the table, the entire evening. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- SohoDined on 7/12/2014The food was magnificent. Server was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!FoodieForSureDined on 7/11/2014The food was very, very good!! The manager was very attentive, making sure everything was okay. We sat inside, it's very cozy. I would have preferred a booth but they only have tables. Our waiter was the worst part of our experience, he was horrible! He was more focused on speaking Italian than us understanding him or the specials. He was leaning on the back of my chair while taking the order, very uncomfortable and unprofessional. It's definitely worth trying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.