Pensare Italian Bistro
799 Highland Ave.
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pensare Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pensareitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: 727-786-2222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can arrange catering for special events, ranging from $20 - $40 per person...in some cases Chef Ciro Mancini will be there in person
- Special Events: Coming soon:
Wine pairings with dinner
Theme dinners (i.e. seafood, pasta night, risotto)
A word from Pensare Italian Bistro
Pensare brings expert Italian culinary technique and impeccable service to Main Street in Dunedin, FL. The food served at Pensare combines old world traditions and creative genius into an unparalleled epicurean experience. Whether you are looking for a place to relax and meet up with some old friends for a glass of wine, or treat yourself to a stellar meal, Pensare offers it all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Pensare Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dunedin ›
Pensare Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (54)romantic (52)notable wine list (41)good for groups (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food here is very good -- well-prepared with quality ingredients. The wine list is over-priced, a reason this is not one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and service! On a busy night, though, the noise level is quite highSpecial Features:
- HolidayDined on 10/13/2014The food was outstanding. v A great place for that special occasion to take family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Pensare's Bistro….mybaileyDined on 10/11/2014This is the place that we come to time after time. By ourselves, with friends, for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. We have never been disappointed here. The food is always good , the service is excellent, and the ambiance is great. If you haven't tried Pensare's, you are missing something special.Special Features:
- NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. The wine list was very disappointing with only one choice for each wine type that wasn't Italian. The worst part was the noise. They have GOT to come up with something to control the ridicules noise level. It was literally like a school cafeteria magnified about 10 times!! We were so agitated and tense by the time we left it really ruined what could have been a great dinner. They need to do something with the cement floor. It was impossible to talk with out yelling. We wished we had asked to be seated outside as it happened to be a nice night to sit outsideSpecial Features:
- suzieDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was great. Because of an anniversary we received a complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Once again it was delicious!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We are never disappointed. My husband, (who is a retired chef/restaurant owner) said the Grouper was “The Best Grouper I ever had”. Our server Aldo always makes us feel welcome and always recommends wonderful things to eat and drink. We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great service and best made-to-order Italian food I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dunedin downtown charmerLaurieBDunedinDined on 9/26/20144 of us met here. Our waiter Aldo was superb, catering to our needs and making suggestions when asked. The place is a little bit small but it's heart is huge. Save room for dessert, the Limoncello cake is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little gem!TheFoodDudeDined on 9/23/2014This is a very nice small, fairly authentic Italian restaurant. The ambiance is good with a nice outdoor seating area; however, it opens to fairly busy intersecting streets that can be somewhat noisy. The food quality and preparation are excellent and the presentation is very nice. Service is very good , but slightly on the slow side; however, I don't mind that as it gives it a more European flavor and the diners a chance to visit with appetizers and a glass of wine. Incidentally, the wine list is good and not terribly overpriced. It can be a little noisy at times when the restaurant dining area and bar are very busy since they are closely connected and the rooms are small. This is a very nice restaurant that most anyone can enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ExcellentptayDined on 9/20/2014The best meal I have had in a very long time. The Ice Tea was perfect. The Eggplant was my favorite as appetizer. Next time I will make it my entire meal. The Chicken Picatta was also very very good. Everything was very fresh and flavorful. Truly an Italian restaurant. Now my favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeanDined on 9/18/2014This is our favorite, special occasion restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent Food - slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Food was outstanding but it took 45 mins for our food to come outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Want a great Dinner experiencewineguyDined on 9/12/2014Very original menu. Great waitstaff. The food was well prepared and delicious. The management team was friendly and informative. When friends come from out of town, take them here. Its what they will rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiancejsmfDined on 9/12/2014I am one of those gluten free eaters and I love that gluten free pasta is an option. I got the putenesca (spellling?) with gluten free pasta and it was outstanding! Hubby had chicken parm and the chicken was not heavily breaded, sauce was perfect. Drinks are well poured! No watered down alcohol here! Arugula salad is very light and tasty. Soup of the day was a zuccini soup but not a creamy, too filling, type soup. It was pureed and well seasoned. Service was also very good. We have never been disappointed with food, service or atmosphere at Pensare. Love it, love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sojoDined on 9/9/2014The service is great and the food always delivers. We go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local ItaliangramDined on 9/8/2014Delicious. Very fresh salad and excellent pasta with coconut curry sauce. Had it with scallops instead of shrimp and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BardahlBardhalDined on 9/6/2014great place , best Italian food in the area , not hurried , a wide variety of dishes .our guests enjoyed their first time thereSpecial Features:
- Almost Italian!WelovepositiveplacesDined on 9/5/2014Having been to Italy this year, we were pleased to find this little family operated restaurant that is the closest thing to being in Rome we have found in the area. The food was good, the service excellent, and the owners were eager to please. It says something when we met the owners (husband and wife) on our first visit. We recommend the outside seating for that 'cafe' feel. They even let us sit and relax without pressure (or a bill until we asked) just like in Italy.Special Features:
- Food prepared with careFreshItalianDined on 9/5/2014You could tell that the chef has thought very hard on how to best present his dishes, and how to best represent the ingredients. The tuna tartar dish was expertly put together and just a perfect balance of all the ingredients. My wife and I both chose different veal dishes and they were equally delicious. We looked at the huge plates of pasta and seafood our neighboring tables had, and they made me want to go back soon and try them. Many were too big for one, sharing would seem a good idea, though I do not mind leftovers for the next day. Only negative is the noise level, especially if they have larger tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner took 60 min after orderingWellTraveledDined on 9/5/2014The staff was friendly, the decor lovely and the food was good but our family dinner for 10 which included 3 well behaved children took over an hour from the time they took our order. A couple seated next to us sat down after we did and left long before we were done so I guess large parties aren't there strong suit. My daughter and her husband recommended the place so I'm sure we will give them another try. Just not with a large party, which was their excuse for how long the food took to prepare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian In The Bay AreaIdontdoreviewsDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic, I can't wait to get back as there are several more menu items I want to try!Special Features:
- FabulousCiroDined on 8/31/2014The food and service is great! Love this place! Best lobster ravioli I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014amazing food and service every time. a definite local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Quality RestaurantRayEastDined on 8/30/2014Would strongly urge you to deal with your acoustics. I am a real estate developer and if you would have more sound absorbing fabric stretched over frames on the ceiling and walls would really help. Frankly, it is way too loud. There is too much hard surface. The decor is outstanding and gives one a very warm, inviting and cozy feeling. The artwork is very nice also. All the staff were polite, professional, friendly and very nice. Both of the hostesses were excellent also. I could not give you 5 stars because of the acoustics. Fix them and 5 stars will be the proper overall rating as the food, wine, decor, staff, presentation, service and quality are all 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodCitaDined on 8/29/2014The fresh pasta, homemade sauces, exquisite seasonings and masterful preparation resultrd in the best Italian meal we've had outside of New York. Arugula salad fresh and lightly dressed with lemon and shaved parmesan, sacatini stuffed with ricotta and truffles, papardelle with ragu, and torta limoncello were each perfect! The service was a perfect match. What a find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceSurferGalVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our adventure to Dunedin was capped with great dining at Pensare. We were seated at the patio with a great view of the main street and nearby shops and restaurants. The hostess was very welcoming and made us feel at home in a new place. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. Wine selection was excellent. We would go back there any time and give it high recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveContractorVIPDined on 8/28/2014My first time at Pensare, I was very impressed and had a great time. The food and service was fantasticI will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Excellence plusPoogieDined on 8/28/2014This was our first experience at this restaurant and we found it to be everything we heard it to be. The food was excellent! We were celebrating my brother's birthday and both he, and my husband, loved the mussels appetizer. Also, they both agreed that the linguine with clam sauce was delicious and the best they have had so far. We definitely intend to eat there again.Special Features:
- FinallyRedEdDined on 8/24/2014We decided that our 35th Anniversary was the right time to go to Pensare, don't know why we waited so long. It's a lovely little jewel in the middle of Dunedin and we really had a lovely dinner. Our waiter was nicely attentive, the meal was perfect. And the owner was so nice to visit our table, thank you for the wonderful dessert (with a candle). We will go back again and the prices were not out of line since everything is delicious. Won't wait too long again to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RTNOLEDined on 8/23/2014We love downtown Dunedin and have not had the chance to visit this particular restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food delicious. It is definitely an energetic noise level so not for persons looking for a quiet meal. But, if you want great italian food, this is the place!Special Features:
- Evening out for 3 couples DmacDmacDined on 8/23/2014Our group included 2 couples that had never been to Pensare's before. They were all very much impressed by the food.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENING!LOJODined on 8/19/2014EXCELLENT DINNER AND WINE. OUR WAITER, MICHAEL, WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ,PLEASANT AND ATTENTIVE. A WORLD CLASS WAITER. WE LOOK FORWARD TO RETURNING SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food no fun to eat in the barOfteninPhillyDined on 8/16/2014The food was wonderful as always. We recommend the burratina and the pasta florida. Sitting on the bar was not great however. These takes should be given to people without reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJohnDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food and service - we felt like real VIPs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon Tartare app. a must haveRobbyd2000Dined on 8/15/2014The Salmon Tartare with dried shrimp and Black Caviar was an excellent start to a wonderful meal. It was a generous portion and the addition of dried shrimp provided a burst of sweet flavor which propelled the dish from good to excellent. The host staff were friendly and my waiter was proficient and professional. Despite being a single diner on a Friday night I was given a nice table in the main dining room without any problems.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Pensare' continues to be an excellent dining experience. The quality of the food never disappoints. The owners are hands on and always there to make sure your Pensare' experience is excellent.Special Features:
- so yummy!NancynoodleDined on 8/13/2014Had a night out to celebrate my daughter's birthday - turned 15! The food was amazing - homemade ravioli's, delicious Chicken Marsala, and Chicken alfredo. Then, on to dessert. Surprise birthday cake was a heavenly lemon cake and then we also ordered the Chocolate Souffle - AMAZING. Great atmosphere, not too noisy, and not too "stuffy", great for all ages. CAn't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkellygirl6872Dined on 8/12/2014Dinner was great and Michael was wonderful. From the greeting at the door to birthday candles in dessert, everything was perfect! Love this place!!Special Features:
- spectacular diningromanticoupleDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was a gem. Great food. Our only complaint was not the restaurants fault but did put a damper on our romantic outing. The two ladies at the next table were extremely loud and whiny. They had to be the center of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.