132 W. 31 St.
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pennsylvania6nyc.com/
- Phone: 2127273666x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30AM-4PM Monday - Friday
Brunch: 11:00AM-4PM Saturday - Sunday
Dinner: 4PM-10PM Monday - Sunday
Bar: Open Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available
- Special Events: Featuring our First Annual Goose Island Beer Dinner, a 2 day event! Tuesday, August 13th and Wednesday, August 14th 4PM-11PM. Enjoy a 4 course Dinner with Craft Beer Pairings just $60 per person. Check out our website at www.pennsylvania6nyc.com for the menu. Book your reservation with us today.
A word from Pennsylvania 6
Pennsylvania 6, is a new restaurant that is changing the landscape of the Herald Square neighborhood. Bringing with it the feeling of Old New York and a new taste of classic American dining, Pennsylvania 6 is a 21st Century cross between the Oak Room and the Oyster Bar. (The name is a tribute to Pennsylvania 6-5000, the phone number of the nearby Pennsylvania Hotel, made famous in the song of the same name performed by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.) Born of casual American roots with a sophisticated culinary twist, boasting a raw bar stocked with the finest oysters and shellfish, and an artisanal cocktail bar, a craft beer list, and an eclectic wine list, there could be no better time for its introduction, as the neighborhood continues to evolve and the bordering NoMad neighborhood becomes a burgeoning dining destination with The Breslin, John Dory, the Ace Hotel and NoMad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pennsylvania 6 - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Pennsylvania 6 reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (17)hot spot (13)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)late-night find (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DinoDined on 10/12/2014Always enjoy Penn 6 before a game or for a nice lunch. Good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for occasionakayDined on 10/9/2014We were seeing a show at Madison Square Garden, so this place was perfectly located. It was loud, no doubt(especially from the happy hour crowd at the bar), but the food was really good and service was prompt and friendly. I would recommend for a pre-show drink or meal. We were all pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- cacklesDined on 10/7/2014First of all their bar maid should learn how to pour a DECENT glass of wine! $9 for a glass of rose which was a paltry serving. In fact, I challenged her on the ridiculous amount and she claimed she couldn't see the amount!!!! I will never return -- food was okay. Looks like a place for lunch for workers nearby.Special Features:
- Great food, ok everything elseRBRODined on 10/5/2014The food here was amazing but the service wasn't anything spectacular (especially since we were the only people not at the bar).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Good midtown spot. Service was excellent. A little loud. Might be s great happy hour spot tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great LocationDANNYVIPDined on 9/26/2014I love coming to Penn 6 when I am meeting people near Penn Station. The location is perfect and the food is always good. Their NY Strip steak is nicely done and the asparagus is grilled to perfection. I highly recommend Penn 6.Special Features:
- Star ServiceKatherineIDined on 9/25/2014This place has super cool decor and great food! But i think I would return only because the service was great! You dont meet great NYC servers like the manager and the teamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014ordered but didn't like the appetizers meal was ok would not go back
- Great find near Madison Sq GardenSydneytoNYCviaSingaporeDined on 9/22/2014We were recommended this place by a friend and it did not disappoint. It is a block from madison Square garden so brilliant for pre/post show dining or drinks. We had our 8 and 9 year old children with us and the menu was great for them also. Steak was very nice. The burger was great . We also had the tuna tartare which was good. The service was excellent. Very friendly and quick. Loved the red booths! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place but Food So-SoNYroarDined on 9/13/2014Went to Penn6 w/a group to watch the USC game. Great service from hostess to bartender to wait stafff - Excellent! Unfortunately can't say the same for the food. Pulled pork nachos were average at best, $19 Penn6 Burger is NOT WORTH IT! Absolutely Boring. The Mezze Flatbread w/hummus was ok. Best part of the night was the excellent Cosmopolitan (pink, not sweet in a beautiful martini glass), good bar scene and again...Great Service!Special Features:
- Lively and accommodatingJnemiaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were a party of 8 for a pre-Luke Bryan show at MSG and were served quickly by a pleasant staff. The cold seafood shellfish appetizers were fresh, and the Burger (top with a fried egg) was special. Met up after the show for a night-cap. Great choice near MSG!Special Features:
- Nice find a block from Penn StationGilWaveDined on 8/22/2014My daughter took the train in from Long Island, she wanted to eat close to Penn Station. Found this place through a New Yorker article, grabbed a reservation on Open Table and gave it a shot. Excellent service from a very knowledgable wait staff, fresh Raw Bar with a good selection of oysters (East and West Coast), shrimp, and clams. Single-page lunch menu with a simple selection of fish, pork, chicken and beef, with a very nice appetizer and pizza selection. I had the Corn Soup as a starter, it was puréed and delicious. Comfortable seats, lots of room in the restaurant and a very nice bar w/ a white marble top. A bit pricey but not out of line for mid-town places like this. Will definitely be back, for Sunday brunch or dinner next time.Special Features:
- Just a barJSMurDined on 8/6/2014Very noisy. All hard edges and tile. The food was okay but it was very difficult to enjoy the company of our table of six with the din of the room. Young crowd but do not go here to 'dine'.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationDelightedVIPDined on 8/4/2014Everyone at our party had a great evening. High energy great food and wonderful staff.Special Features:
- Burgers & RyeAlwaysVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have traveled the world and I never thought I would be able to say that I finally found the perfect burger and rye Manhattan. I rank their burger as high as I rank the steak at most top steak houses. It was perfect black and blue as requested. So flavorful that I added NO condiments. And when the waiter by accident picked up a slightly unfinished Manhattan the Manger came back with two perfect rye Manhattans on the houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Penn 6MikeDined on 7/30/2014Great atmosphere, service and food. We were seated immediately, and the waitress was a pro and attentive. The beer was ice cold which I appreciate it.Special Features:
- VisceraleDined on 7/14/2014Stopped by with group of friends for dinner and drinks prior to a concert at MSG. Great proximity to the venue, good food, fun environment. Would definitely recommend and come again!Special Features:
- Good Place Close to the GardenPJC1Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I had dinner here before the Michael Buble concert at the Garden. When we walked in the noise was overwhelming as the World Cup semi finals were underway. Once the game ended the screens were shut off and the noise returned to a more comfortable level. The dinner itself was great. We enjoyed the blue crab mac and cheese appertizer, a wonderfully prepared monkfish entree and a tasty almond cheese cake for dessert. The delightful and cheery service provided by our waitress added to the entire experience. We will definitely go there again when we return to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Not what we wantedKathyRDined on 7/8/2014Not extacly a quiet meal, my husband was sitting right next to me and we could not hear each other.Special Features:
- Taking in out clientslovefoodDined on 7/8/2014I took out a very special group of people to this restaurant and they totally enjoyed the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Very disappointing to noisy, service was good and food was ok ... But impossible to speak witch each other .. Won't go backSpecial Features:
- The following 180 reviews are from the Pennsylvania 6 reviews archive.
- Great business lunchCdadDined on 6/25/2014My go-to spot for a business lunch. Great service with a menu that is always freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Billy Joel DinnerRUSHFan0612VIPDined on 6/21/2014As stated in the title, we came here for the first time before the Billy Joel concert on Sat. June 21. We did not know what to expect as for once I hadn't looked at the menu prior to coming to the restaurant. We came for shared appetizers, as we did not want to have a big full meal having to go and enjoy a concert afterwards, which was totally fine for us. So we did not experience the full menu, but can maybe do so on a future visit. The service was really good as the main server along with anyone else helping out was very attentive to our needs. The one thing that will not say that I was not impressed with their drinks at all...my martini was lousy & the specialty drink that I tried was too sweet and tasted crappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert dinner and drinksLIFoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our group of 8 decided to meet here for dinner prior to a concert still MSG. This turned our to be a good find in the area with good food, nice selection of beers, pleasant staff and nicely decorated sort of upscale sports bar. We will definitely consider going back when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Food & Drink SelectionseMaxVIPDined on 6/18/2014We usually go to Penn 6 for work related activities, either a team lunch or dinner, or a after work drinks and apps. Overall, the large restaurant, and great location near penn station makes this place a great choice. Food is very good quality, and service is typically very solid. A good departure from the typical lame places around Penn Station.Special Features:
- Upscale Hot spot near MSGRun2eatVIPDined on 6/17/2014Just down the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station in NYC, Penn 6 had good food and drink. We had drink coupons which made the bill more reasonable, I found the food and drink prices high. The food was good and the service was excellent for our sit down dinner. The bar was quite crowded with the World Cup on, I suspect that any sports event especially one at MSG would create a crowd at Penn 6.Special Features:
- Great place to watch the world cupDanADined on 6/16/2014Penn 6 was a perfect place to watch the USA world cup game. awesome TV's (although it would be great if the big screen tv did not shake), nice selection of beers, fun energy at the bar and the pizzas were delicious. we were a work group and it was a perfect way to mix business with pleasure. i have been to Penn 6 a bunch of times and it is always a great place to have good food and drinks in a cool atmosphere while watching a game.Special Features:
- Great ServicePrometheus478Dined on 6/12/2014The service and the food were good. We enjoyed the lamb entree and the mussels appetizer. I would consider going back for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Sports Bar with StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014This is a great place. The food is well prepared and the menu interesting. it is a sports bar, but without the extreme noise. The patrons are sophisticated, but are also enthusiastic. It is our go-to before and after the Rangers gamesSpecial Features:
- Great for Before Games at Garden!NancyWestchesterDined on 5/25/2014The food was good. Varied, sports bar menu with lots of good choices. Wood paneling gives restaurant an upscale sports bar feel and there are many large screen tvs! Perfect for before a game!!Special Features:
- Business Lunch choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014One of the few good spots in the area for a business lunch. Food is good. Flatbreads are outstanding. Would prefer more salads and lunch choices on the menu.Special Features:
- AmazingMeleatsDined on 5/17/2014We were so impressed with how great everything was at Pennsylvania 6. The service was beyond professional and exceeded every level of excellence. The food was hands down one of the best I've had. The menu offers a little bit of everything and it is one of a kind. Each dish was cooked perfectly from the Blue Crab Mac and Cheese to the center cut and the beer braised short ribs, we were beyond impressed. The highlight of the whole night was the AMAZING dessert. The warm chocolate tart was to die for and so worth it. I will most definitely be returning to try out their lunch and brunch menu. Please do yourself a favor and try this place!Special Features:
- Perfect Mother's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We have a very picky family so holiday meals can be tough. This Mother's Day, everyone was extremely happy with their food, the noise level and that we had space to breath!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014they took care of us. My friends and i liked your restaurant. unfortunately there was problem with one of the dishes. You and your staff handled it as best as they could have. There was nothing else you could have done. I appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon.Special Features:
- Great serviceHOllywoodDined on 5/5/2014Smiling helpful interested in making our meal enjoyable. All that one can ask from any restaurant and in particular one around the MSGI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the taskRed1VIPDined on 5/5/2014Dined here before a New York Rangers playoff hockey game; restaurant is less then one block from Madison Square Garden. The atmosphere here is good, with an upscale seating area combined with a sports bar from the multiple televisions over the bar. Unfortunately, they were not up to the task of getting us out within an hour to catch the game. The servers were very nice, but apparently they have some problems in the kitchen and / or were overwhelmed with such a crowd on a Monday night.
- I Love New YorkLongIslanGirl1Dined on 4/30/2014I was looking for a spot to meet with friends before a Rangers game at MSG and came across Pennsylvania 6 on line. Great neighborhood find! Our reservation was honored promptly, drinks were fabulous and the light bites we ordered were delish! Food was slow to arrive, but worth the wait. I will definitely return when in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great client work lunch placered2001Dined on 4/30/2014my client and i were able to have a great lunch without having to scream at each other over the other patrons in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/23/2014At 6:30 the noise level was so loud as there are no absorbing acoustics for sound. Very difficult to talk to friends.Special Features:
- Classy for "Close to Penn Station"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2014This is a nice after work or lunch place for people not looking for a dive in this area. Pricey, but very convenient and close to Penn Station.Special Features: