1125A Military Cutoff Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pembrokescuisine.com/
- Phone: 9102399153
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Doss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as, for brunch on Sundays.
A word from Pembroke's
From the owners of Rx, chef James Doss and business partner Josh Novicki bring you Pembroke's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Pembroke's - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Pembroke's reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (21)notable wine list (19)romantic (18)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Cammy HodgesCammyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Matt was an excellent server, dinner was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Not very romanticCraigDined on 9/13/2014This was my first visit and was hoping for something a bit more intimate. It is a large area and the table to big for you to feel close. It was kind of like a romantic dinner in a nice warehouse. As far as the food, it was very good. Fresh, local and exciting. Depending on the atmosphere you are looking for I would reccommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ChoicefoodloveratheartDined on 9/10/2014I chose Pembroke's as I've eaten at Prescription...same folks. It was an wise choice for a birthday dinner. Looking forward to another dinner and won't be waiting for a year to pass and have another birthday.Special Features:
- A must experience restaurantMinnTransplantDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant was the best one of all for dinner that my daughter and I went to during our vacation to the beach. It had great food and service in a beautiful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing speciallikestodineoutDined on 9/6/2014Food was uneven. Flounder offering was very good but shrimp and grits sub par. Green fried tomato appetizer and okra had too much breading and cheap grease taste. Dessert was excellent however. Also asked for candle in a dessert or other acknowledgement of celebration of 59th wedding anniversary but request went unheeded. Asked for a table outside main traffic area but that was ignored too. Would only recommend this establishment for coffee and dessert.
- Just nice...LovegoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014Having read the other reviews on OpenTable and having heard a number of personal testimonies, my wife and I chose Pembroke's for a date night out. Everything was fine, but not amazing. The cheese plate appetizer was good, but for $16 I expected something more. The ribeye I got was an excellent cut, but had very little taste. The mixed vegetables were just OK, overcooked slightly. My wife enjoyed her scallops, but did not rave about them. Nice place, but I won't be back - too many other good restaurants in Wilmington. :-)
- Fantastic foodie find!NikkiKronDined on 8/30/2014So happy to have a branch of Rx on this side of town. Everything was beautiful, fresh and DELICIOUS! I can't wait until my next visit. Service was impeccable! Manager Jeb is always so accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was top notch! Great flavors and creativity in the dishes. Amazing appetizers and outstanding dessert. They also have a scotch list and some good signature cocktails which are not just overly sweet. Excellent dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pembroke's Great!livingwellsDined on 8/29/2014This was my our first visit to Pembroke's. We visited on our "date night" out and it turned out wonderful. The food and service was top notch. We would definitely recommend and will be returning for another visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014great. no need to write that much. will be back soon. ok the breads are wonderfulSpecial Features:
- BirthdaymomDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed our dinner on Saturday, August 9. It was a birthday treat from my daughter and she could not believe that Wilmingto had a restaurant equal to those in Durham. It is a large space; if you could do anything to add plants or planters to make more intimate, it would be an improvement. Thanks for a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great Find!MannyDined on 8/7/2014Diverse menu, great food and attentive staff. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pembroke'sMarcDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good and the price was very fair. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Food Does Note = GoodWilmingtonwillieDined on 7/23/2014Disappointed that Pembroke's, with as much hype as it has been given in the press, wasn't the experience for us that we had been led to believe we would have. The food was excessively salty, service from the bar was L-O-N-G (and it wasn't even that busy), and our waitress had a bad to indifferent attitude.Special Features:
- Great timePchoaDined on 7/13/2014So far we've only been there for brunch , but we intend to expand on that,the food and service was great , our server was very knowledgeable , and friendly , with out being over bearing , loved the atmosphere ,will and already have recommended it to friends, can't wait to try out the deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pembrokes was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014great food, great service and good atmosphere. We definitely be back.Special Features:
- Every Course was excellentvedwardsjrDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I are 20+ year foodies, having lived all over. This was the best meal we've had in Wilmington. The tomatoe appetizer was great, the swordfish with blueberries was insane and both the flourless tort and creme brulee were perfect! Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffronnieDined on 7/4/2014Thw gal waiting on us did not want to be working that nite. Her attitude was bad . Otherwise it was great
- Good foodkhpaDined on 7/2/2014We dined at Pembrokes 7/2. Food and service were excellent. Everything we ordered was great! Fried green tomatoes and heirloom tomatoes were OUTSTANDING! Using ingredients that are in season make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- powgoesdiningDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant has wonderful innovative craft cocktails and we had anticipated a fine dining experience. The menu sounded great. We ordered a number of first plates and a few entrees. The cheese plate was the best one. The fried green tomatoes had a heavy coating, looked commercial and lacked flavor. The clam soup lacked flavor and did not look appetizing. However, the fried chicken livers were cooked just right. Crispy on the outside, soft and moist on the inside. The seared tuna was the hit. Perfectly rare. The steak dish was chewy. We agreed all the dishes were too salty and lacked other flavor. We think if the chefs adjusted the seasonings and upped the quality of the main ingredients, this restaurant could be very good.
- On our favorites list!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014What a lovely surprise! Our first time here after reading about it in the paper. Fantastic food and attentive service! Will definitely be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceWinenDineDined on 6/24/2014One of the best restaurants in the Wilmington area. Great steaks and seafood. One of the best New York Strip steaks I've ever had in a restaurant. Most all of the food is from local sources and is super fresh. Nice ambiance as the tables are not close together so you can carry on a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Pembroke's is TOP on our list!letjerDined on 6/15/2014Love Pembroke's! We've dined there many times since they opened and the food is always outstanding, consistently. The menu constantly changes driven by whatever fresh produce, meat, and seafood are available from local farmers and purveyors. Leave room for desserts -- they are absolutely delicious! Service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch OptionMurcDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed sitting in the booth. It was easier to talk to each other than sitting at a table on the floor. The brunch mimosas and bloody marys were excellent! One person in our party ordered their shrimp and grits, but they were out of it which I think is a "party foul"; particularly considering the restaurant is less than 3 miles from the ocean. The entrees that we did get were very good. I got the pork belly with poached eggs, grits and broccoli and the other person got the mote cristo with potatoes. I would recommend either one of these. The live music was very appropriate for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was amazing!letsgoalfrescoDined on 5/31/2014Every bite caused us to make a new happy noise! The fried green tomatoes with bacon jam were THE tastiest fried green tomatoes we've ever eaten! And, I'm still dreaming about the white chocolate strawberry cake. I'm firing up all the will power I have not to go back for more. Daily.Special Features:
- great eveningpfrwilmDined on 5/31/2014Ate early with our rent-a-kids (9 and 12)--we all had a great time and great food, pro service, nice place, great drinks. As good as sister restaurant Rx, but different menu so makes it interesting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Delicious and fresh tasting food! My party had soft shell crab - I had crab cake on a bed of peas - so good! We started with some top-notch ribs. I like the combination of local specialties with gourmet touch. My only complaint, if you could call it that, is the lack of ambiance.... this used to be a fabulous burger place and the inside has not really been upgraded. But with this great food, who cares? I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Pembroke's reviews archive.
- Good eatsFlemingVIPDined on 5/25/2014Started with salads and cheese plate - all very good. Husband had filet mignon and son had soft shell crabs - both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing good timebeachprofDined on 5/11/2014On Sunday evening we, 4 of us, enjoyed a wonderful meal at Pembrokes. The food is consistently good although I will admit that the risotto was a tad stiff. The fish was cooked very nicely and everyone had a good time. The waitstaff is attentive, cordial, and seems to enjoy working here which is a terrific sign that the place is well run. The wine recommendation was excellent, so we had to order another! We will return again, but it is pretty expensive so it will be for a special night out. Thanks to everyone for a good night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday and Mother"s day dinnerwhiteeagle10Dined on 5/10/2014Food was great as was the service. Except the wait staff was a little to quick to take away the used dishes. They took my bread plate that was still being used with bread still on the table. Big issue is noise. Not conducive to a quiet or romantic dinner. I felt like I was in an open barn type atmosphere. The Management would do well to do something about the noise. If their intent is to have a bar-scene type environment then they succeeded. Plus, I thought it was a place for casual business dress where you could take a person for a special occasion. Instead, I saw lots of shorts and flip-flops, guys with shirttails out, and looking like they just came off the beach or out of the yard working. Not for "fine" dining.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening, very good fooddeedeeDined on 5/3/2014Group of six, all enjoyed food and excellent service. Since room is large and tends to be louder than we usually enjoy, restaurant should have a smaller room to put family with a baby or young child who may cry willfully for whatever they want at the moment. The baby was not awful but intermittent cry was bothersome. We will return because of food and service.Special Features:
- Nice AtmosphereBryBryDined on 4/25/2014The atmosphere here is really nice. Its not too noisy and they have actually separated the tables so you can have a private conversation. The food is delicious. Its a little foodie with moderate portions but if you like dining out its a great spot. Nice list of cocktails and wine too. And fresh desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findDelightedDinerVIPDined on 4/22/2014First time in Wilmington--Pembroke's was a gem to find. Service was fabulous and second only to the wonderful food This will fast rise to the top as local favorite. Wine list and cocktails provide many choices!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DinnerJandJreviewsDined on 4/19/2014We loved our dinner experience at Pembroke's! The tables are far enough apart that you do not hear others conversation - privacy is so nice on a date night. Excellent menu - our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was excellent. We will return when we visit Wilmington again. Oh - the desserts were tasty too! We then went into the bar for a after dinner cocktail and live music was very good! Just an overall awesome date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventure in diningLC0929Dined on 4/18/2014Fresh food and wonderful combinations made for delicious meals. Our party had flounder, shrimp 'n grits and vegetable plate (NOT plain simple veggies presented on a dish!). All meals had seasonal sides and were enjoyable. Portions were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Excellent food and service. Started with boiled peanut hummus, duck confit salad and then shrimp and grits and pork chop. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Wine list was very nice. The wait staff is so knowledgeable about the preparation of the food, the different wines and beers. It is obvious they are very well trained. Although we did not sit at the bar, we did peek inside and seemed inviting and a great place to sit and have a glass of wine or drink before dinner. We had reservations and were seated promptly. A great neighborhood gem of which we definitely will be returning.Special Features:
- As good as it getsreeditDined on 4/13/2014Second time was just as good as the first. Quality food and service with a nice quiet atmosphere. Tables are spread out and very private. Little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jakcomoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We liked the food, very overpriced for what we got. More menu for Children. You are catering to the rich and famous with your prices and everything al a carte. I would tell my friends about the place, but I think they would try it once and not go back. What we had to eat was very good, but would have liked to have a roll with it that came with our meal. If people like us eat our 2 or 3 times a week your place is not for us. Hope you last. Maybe there is enough people in Land Fall or maybe Mayfair apartments that will keep going for awhile. Good luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On My List To REPEATPickyPersonDined on 4/4/2014A very, inventive restaurant. Foods bought from local purveyors & simply put -- delicious. I loved the Pickled Peanut chow-chow served with the collards and cheese grits. Local cheeses with toast - yummy, as well. The pork chop was so tender ... cut off the bone & sliced making for lovely presentation & ease of eating. The white sweet potato soup with goat cheese cream fraiche was amazing -- our wait person said, 'only a 1/4 cup of cream in the entire batch!'. Speaking of our wait person ... she was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about all of the food preparations & portion sizes. She made the evening even more delightful. I'll put Pembroke's on my 'short list' of favorite Wilmington restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsTheOldGuyDined on 3/28/2014Super mix of meals - The flounder was terrific and the filet mignon was outstanding. My wife and I both love collards and we consumed every bite. The lonerider craft beer was my favorite. I really liked the way the restaurant was decorated and the tables were far enough to allow private conversation. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.