3360 N Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pellegrinosofboca.com/
- Phone: 5613685520x1
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER - 5PM - TUESDAY-SUNDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Barblieri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or rehearsal dinner with family and friends or hosting an after work corporate event, Pellegrino's authentic food and highly attentive staff will make your special occasion one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby 8662806951
- Entertainment: Weekends live entertainment featuring local singing talent.
A word from Pellegrino's Ristorante
Pellegrino"s Ristorante, formerly of Deerfield Beach, returns to our new beautiful location in Boca Raton.Continued
Please come in and enjoy our great cuisine.
Please come in and enjoy our great cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pellegrino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very Nice Place...Will Return!JohnMVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was delicious!! Sofia was a very attentive waitress..Chicken Scarpriello was great...best cannoli in Florida!.. THe price on the Open Table app should be $$$ not $$ in my opinion...They should serve their wine in a nicer wine glass in my opinion.Special Features:
- Italy come to Boca RatonluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good. Prosciutto and mozzarella - the meat was a bit leathery, the cheese very good. Pasta in marinara had terrific flavor. Veal Marsala was excellent - very tender veal and a delicious marsala sauce. Service was professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Good food but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Empty on a Sat. night, probably due to the fact that this restaurant is terribly overpriced. Location and ambience do not merit such high prices, especially since everything is a la carte. Food was good but definitely not a good value.
- Excellent traditional ItalianbocaboyDined on 8/1/2014I was so disappointed when I moved from NYC to Florida to not be able to find a good, inexpensive Italian restaurant. My search is over! I was recommended to Pellegrino's by a friend who has eaten there for years, and he was right about the place. The food is old-style Italian and it is delicious. Be forewarned that there are no pizzas or flatbreads here, just delicious meat, veal, chicken and fish dishes. One of the house specialities, Pollo alla Scarpariello, is absolutely delicious, with the chicken fall-off-the-bone tender and a delicious accompaniment of both hot and sweet sausage. The Vittello alla Pellegrino is another special dish, this time with veal and sausage. Everyone who I've taken to this fine restaurant has loved their meal!Special Features:
- Jld220Dined on 7/26/2014If you love Italian, this is the place.Come on a Sunday, order Grandma.Special Features:
- PERFECT, CONSISTENTlaurie9Dined on 7/26/2014I have dine here almost once a month, and certainly consider it for a special night. The owner and staff are wonderful. The owner remembers his guests. This past Saturday the owner's son waited on our table. So nice and polite and helped with our dinner selections. The ambience, both inside and out, are very inviting. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to feel welcome and expects great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingMattyIceDined on 7/12/2014Best Italian restaurant any where, owner is the brother of Franky Pelligrino the owner of Raos in NYC. I have neen there and think food at Pelligrinos is better. The Chef Luigi is amazing, comfort Itailian food. Try the chicken liver appetizer it is surpisingly good. Love the chicken scaporelli and beans with escaroleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaymondVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent Italian food. Good ingredients that are very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Pellegrino's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Yawninvitingu2VIPDined on 5/11/2014Waiter had the personality of a person who does not understand english? I asked him as well as many others at the table what is your best appetizer or most popular dish and the answer was always everything is good? Really?Special Features:
- OptimisticOptimisticVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food is cooked to order....excellent seasoning...Unique Menu....many items are not available in other Italian restaurants!!!! Service is friendy and knowledgeable!Special Features:
- Poor service, overpriced entreesOlinecVIPDined on 5/10/2014First, the food here is good. It also is overpriced and you can find equally good if not better Italian restaurants, with more fair prices nearby. $24 for spaghetti with meat sauce outrageous. Lasagana was good but at $20, not worth it. Not even a small salad comes with the entrees. Plus, for what wants to be a high end to charge extra for iced tea refills is ridiculous; especially when water is never offered, nor brought. Our waitress was apathetic at best. When she brought our meals all she said was the plates are hot. Never checked back. Each time we needed a refill we had to ask another server. She didnt know what the prices of the specials were nor did she make them sound appetizing. Only 4 tables were occupied, with 4 servers.Special Features:
- Best Real Italian Food In BocaJBM28VIPDined on 4/19/2014There are many Italian restaurants in Boca Raton but anyone looking for real NY Italian food this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014We loved our dinner. Waitress was super nice. We were staying in Pompano Beach and it was worth the drive to Boca Raton. Already recommended it to our friends who live down in south Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitBoaterVIPDined on 3/26/2014We are new to the area and kept passing this restaurant as we traveled along Federal Highway. We finally decided to stop in for dinner. It is very nice inside with beautiful paintings on the walls. They play lovely Italian music from some of the old singers like Jerry Vale and Dean Martin. My wife had the Yellow Tail Snapper special and I had Pasta with Shrimp. The food came out piping hot and was very good. I have already recommended to my kids who are coming down this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated my mother'sflgirl4everDined on 3/9/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday at Pellegrino's, the food, the wine and the service was amazing! We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy. hard time gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2014Too noisy. hard time getting waiter's attention. Services do not match the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I see a lot of service complaintsrichmisDined on 2/18/2014I see a lot of service complaints on here, but both times I went (Saturday and Tuesday) the service was fine. The other issue I see on here is price. I can tell you that if you are going to use quality ingredients like they do here, someone has to pay for them. Two of the people in my group ordered veal dishes. They raved about the quality of the veal. Some had dishes with Sausage; these were not supermarket sausages, they were clearly made in house or by a local butcher. This is not some up-scale Pizza joint, but a true genuine Italian fine dining restaurant. If hat is what you are looking for, this is the place. I plan to go back many times when I am in Boca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many other restaurant s inMarcoVIPDined on 2/15/2014Many other restaurant s in area that r much much better.
- long wait for fooddhochDined on 2/8/2014Food some dishes are good--but other dishes are fair at best. This is an expensive restaurant which seems to have a following, it took over an hour to get the main course.Special Features:
- Food was quite good but overpriced.NYCguyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was quite good but overpriced. Service was very spotty and inattentiveSpecial Features:
- Greeted warmly and on time.RudiDined on 2/6/2014Greeted warmly and on time. Service was very good. Food was nice, good salads, entrees were good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so unfortunate food was terrificnewyorkerDined on 1/25/2014so unfortunate food was terrific but service was terrible had to ask 4 times for bread got 2 out of 4 drinks incorrect didn't get side order until asked for it was 6:30 so can't complain it was so crowded this was not a new waiter this was a seasoned waiter was embarrassed since we were taking the other couple out to dinner
- Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014Food was good but overproced. Everything is a la carte. They charge $11 for a side of broccoli with garlic and oil! Snapper oreganata was $26---no salad, no side, no pasta! Entrees should come with a small side of pasta at least---how expensive can that be? There are other choices. Food was good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindMarilynDined on 1/25/2014Frequented Deerfield location years ago happy to find at new location in Boca Raton. LSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Bad serviceNewtoBocaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Thought we would give this place a try because of it boasting about it affiliation with Rao's in NY where wine eat a few times a year. A god friend has a table there on Thursday nights that we get to use. Rao's is unique and can get away with a certain attitude because of it's history and it is part of what it is. But this place is not Rao's and we did not appreciate the attitude from our waiter Ken. Everything we asked him seem to be a problem and he was always in a rush. Even at the end of the meal he brought over a dessert tray we were looking over it deciding and he seemed to get upset and took it away saying I'll be back when you make up your mind ! It wasn't three minutes. The food here is not bad but the service is a problem.
- Ugh!DiningduoVIPDined on 1/8/2014Don't even bother to think about it. Just go elsewhere. The oner is far from professional? Watch out for double billing on tax. Save your money and go elsewhere!
- 2nd and Pleasant Ave ....CardinalvVIPDined on 1/7/2014Maybe not as famous as it's cousin, RAo's in Ny, but maybe as good. Don't know about some negative reviews from the Boca ites, but this is a great spot and we will be back!Special Features:
- will not go backjjjjjVIPDined on 12/26/2013full price Italian entrees (shrimp dishes with just 4 shrimp) - pasta/veg extra soda - charge for refill - served in cans (this is not a pizza parlor) no coffee served -- are they looking for cappuccinos & expressos (on menu) at higher price than coffee? restaurant empty -- manager never came over to 6 people in our party none of us will eat there again **nice waiter
- Worst Christmas Eve Dinner Ever!AlbeeVIPDined on 12/24/2013Arrived at 7:00pm and were seated promptly. Service was good with ordering of wine and appetizer. We told the waiter that we were not in a rush... Boy was that a mistake! We got our appetizer around 7:30pm and our salads at 8:30pm. Our main course did not arrive until 10:00pm after complaining to the waiter, the owner, and a hostess! The food was very good, but everyone was exhausted after waiting 3 hours to eat. One would have thought after a wait like that, someone would have apologized or offered a dessert or coffee. We finally got a check at 10:30pm and we honestly could not get out of there fast enough. What a horrible way to spend an evening with friends. I would not go back if it was free!
- EXCELLENT!!!!cindyDined on 12/21/2013Great food and waiter was very attentive. Going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceSteve706WHLDined on 12/20/2013We were anxious to try Pellegrino's because of the owner's affiliation with Rao's in New York. Understanding that this would not be that experience, we were expecting a traditional NY style Italian dinner. The restaurant is comfortable and attractive. The staff attentive, pleasant and professional. The food was good, not great, and pricey: house salad - ordinary and nearly wilted. Entrees of veal Marsala and Parmigiana tasty and the portions, generous but accompanied only by one (!) small potato croquette per person. We would have preferred a choice of side (pasta with the veal parm?) and, at these prices, a vegetable. House Chianti was excellent. Enjoyed the traditional decor and photos of the stars outside (and inside!) the ladies room.
- Pellagrinos diningBocaDined on 12/11/2013Pellagrinos is our favorite Italian restaurant. You can eat inside or out without being crowded. Food is excellent & service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved eating outside. noneverhomeVIPDined on 12/5/2013we loved eating outside. no entertainment this evening but a lovely night. there were 3 of us starting with a Caesar salad to share..and there was plenty. dinners were a veal parm and the veal chop valdostano which 2 of us shared along with an order of spaghetti. all portions were huge! easily had lunch for 3 the next day as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed eating outdoors. weneverhomeVIPDined on 11/22/2013enjoyed eating outdoors. we shared clams oreganata to start. dinners were lasagna and lemon chicken. both very substantial portions and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old NY charmGoodFoodloverVIPDined on 11/10/2013Reminded me of old NY Italian Restaurants .Food was good, I know that including salad and a side with dinner is not always done, but I think it would increase the number of diners.. And isn't that the goal of a restaurant. it was pretty empty for a Sunday night. Could use a little advertising. I only came because of Open Table.I hadn't heard of it before..until they mentioned they had moved from down South.
- A taste of Southern Italy in BocaJimRxDined on 11/9/2013It was our first time at the restaurant It was perfect, from the waiter Eric who could not be more accomdating and providing wonderful service. We decided to take a table on the outside patio which was nice and relaxing on a beautiful evening. We started with grandma's fried meatball appetizer which was wonderful and a throw back to my own grandmother's fried meatballs. The 16oz veal chop stuffed with prosciutto and mozarella topped with mushrooms in a demi-glaze sauce was perfect in every way, as was the pan sauteed snapper with mussels and clams in a light tomato sauce, which I look forward to going back and enjoying again! It was a nice touch having owner Bobby Pellegrino come to our table to chat awhile. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was OK, but it doesn'tmichaelVIPDined on 11/9/2013The food was OK, but it doesn't justify their prices.Special Features:
- Very relaxed atmoshere. TheChuckDined on 10/5/2013Very relaxed atmoshere. The food was excellent. Especially the antipasta misto. Great start to an excellent meal. My wife and I both ordered veal dishes which were delicious. Very tender. Our waiter was Joseph who was great from beginning to end. I would recommend Pelligrinos to those who enjoy a taste of the old country food. Will absolutely visit agaln and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLolaDined on 9/21/2013My mom had heard about this restaurant so we decided to try it last Saturday night. The food & service were terrific! My mom had veal and I had shrimp and calamari. Both were delicious! We had the homemade ricotta cheese cake for dessert. We will definitely go back and I would recommend it to anyone who loves good Italian food in a classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2013The food was excellent. It reminded me of the Italian restaurants in New York.Special Features: