110 Vintage Park Blvd.
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
South AfricanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelipeli.com/
- Phone: 2812579500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, South African
- Executive Chef: Paul Friedman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Peli Peli offers outside catering for weddings and social events as well as 2 private rooms that seat up to 40 and 120, respectively.
For more information please email our event coordinator, Dana Reeves, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Take the "Tour of South Africa" our unique culinary dining experience that will take you through our most popular appetizers, entrees and dessert for a one-of-a-kind South African experience!
A word from Peli Peli
Peli Peli is an award-winning South African fusion concept that features steak, chicken and seafood cuisine by Chef Paul Friedman. 2013 Award Winner for Top 100 Best-Reviewed Restaurants in the US (Opentable). 2013 Chef of Chefs Award Winner (Wine & Food Week). Currently ranked #4 out of 7,135 Houston Restaurants on tripadvisor.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Peli Peli - Best Restaurants in Spring ›
Peli Peli reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)fit for foodies (144)romantic (132)neighborhood gem (107)good for groups (83)notable wine list (73)hot spot (69)great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (64)late-night find (33)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)Show More
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Peli-Peli on multiple occasions. The food does not disappoint - ever. Chef Paul has created a menu of wonderful flavors - nothing like any "corporate" steak house or seafood restaurant. The wine selection is sure to please and I understand they are making some changes to that list. We chose the Houston restaurant week menu and were not disappointed. It is hard to put into the words the experience of flavors that are always delights. Leave the kids at home, please; this restaurant is designed for adult enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great Food but Evening FizzledFizzledDined on 8/31/2014First, let me say the food is fabulous. Uniquely different and very tasty. Secondly, we booked our table well in advance and noted one of our couples was celebrating their 34th anniversary. We also told our waiter, J.D., when we arrived and nothing was mentioned or done. They could have put a candle in the dessert or something to acknowledge the couple but didn't. We were disappointed and told the couple we had told the restaurant about he event and kept hoping it would be acknowledged but it didn't work out as expected (and this was a Sunday evening too). Details are important so if you are just having dinner, the food is wonderful but if you're expecting attentive service, don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went for my birthday on Saturday 8/30/2014. We had a reservation for 6:15 but was not seated until around 6:45. The food was wonderful we really enjoyed it, but our waiter not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peli Peli never fails to pleaseMaryjomDined on 8/30/2014Our group of 7 was seated in a back room - which was quiet initially - and which was just fine for us. The food and service were both superb. The only complaint - if I have to have one - was that the portion sizes are too large. We all ate far more than we should have - and not in a good way.Special Features:
- Great Find.....TAZ247Dined on 8/29/2014This is my "um-teenth" time at Peli Peli's and it gets better each time. This time I tried the Carrot Ginger Soup. It was flavorful and not to heavy. The estenpada was great, as usual. (I like the fact this restuarant is consistent). A good portion of beef with four sides. Ok, the carrot potatoes were not my fav (a bit bland for my taste). However, the sauteed spinach was the best. Great wine list, we tried the S.A. Cabrenet this time and it was a wonderful selection with the meat. Everyone from the hostess to the waitstaff was courteous and attentive. I brought (3) new people to the restaurant and they all wewre blown away by the experience. Looking forward to the Galleria opening!!!!Special Features:
- Always a great meal & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Peli Peli never disappoints. The food is always delicious and the service is wonderful. A friend and I had the HRW menu and at the suggestion of the waiter, tried the sticky toffee pudding. I am not usually a fan of these kinds of desserts (I'm more of a cheesecake/crème brulee kind of person) but this dessert changed my mind! It was amazing. Peli Peli will always be a place I visit time and time again.Special Features:
- YesPetwickDined on 8/28/2014Loved Peli Peli and am excited that they are opening up in Galleria. Great dining experience for all in the party!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDoyleTDined on 8/25/2014Great food with unique combinations and spices. The Kingsklip fish was FANTASTIC! The ONLY complaint is the noise level because the tables are very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday CelebrationDuaneDined on 8/24/2014The food and service was awesome! Perfect place to celebrate a special birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies1Dined on 8/24/2014The place was great but I shouldn't order Bobotie pie for appetizer and Bobotie crepe for entree since I don't like raisins and both dishes were too sweet for me especially with the mango salsa on top. Anyway, i like the place with nice ambiance. Not sure if I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excitingFitHoustonFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This was my second time dining here with my boyfriend who introduced it to me last summer. This place really pushes you to branch out and try new things, which I love doing, but always have a hard time not going for tried and true favorites at a usual spot. That's why this place is so good because you most likely haven't tried half the things on the menu! I had the sea bass with the carrot bredie and sautéed spinach; and gumbo to start. All incredibly diverse and flavorful. We shared the bacon wrapped scallops which is always a crown pleaser. Then we both had our own sticky toffee pudding because it is too amazing to share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMrsWilliamTaylorDined on 8/23/2014The Tastes of Africa plate was tasty....wings were spicy. .. Dont recommend stuffed mushrooms as they were really small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We went to your restaurant for a send off before my daughter left for Germany and had great food and a great time! The waiter was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Houston!lovetodineDined on 8/23/2014I was so surprised with Peli Peli. South African fusion at its best, I honestly think this in the top 5 best restaurants in Houston.Special Features:
- Very noisyDelvineDined on 8/23/2014Requested quiet table. For an upscale dining restaurant, this is a very noisy crowded place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in HoustonJermDaWormDined on 8/21/2014Amazing food, complemented by great service (ask for Kevin), and a rather simple, yet unique wine list. . . We've been twice and we will absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our favorite spotsOuchDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I found Peli Peli by word of mouth and recommended this treasure to many people we know. This weeks visit was one of those times when we brought new people to experience the unique menu items. However, I was embarrassed by the prices that have gotten out of control. I understand that your costs are rising, but there must be a way to put traditional South African dishes on the menu at affordable prices. We stopped going to our other favorite "Perry's Steakhouse" when dinner for 2 came with a $200 tab, without dessert. PP may need to go in this category, which would be a shame. By the way unless $16 for a glass of wine (or1/2 glass as it seems)is obscene unless the bottle came from Christie's Auction House... With respect...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!DiningconnVIPDined on 8/20/2014I usually have something negative to say about service, but this time Miss Ali Heath proved they CAN provide excellent service. Kudos to Ali. The food continues it's 100% rating from me. Never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and specialluckytohavehosenitDined on 8/18/2014Really great place with amazing food. The waiter explains the menu thoroughly and makes sure to facilitate any request you have. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GwenAnnDined on 8/17/2014The prawn cake benedict was off the "yummy" charts! Can't wait to try the Bobotie egg crepe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiteOutBeAfrianWildDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious and very flavorful. The staff was outstanding in every way. I really enjoyed learning more about the chef and his inspiration to create the international fusion throughout all his dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieDined on 8/16/2014We had 3 entrees from the brunch menu (crepes and 2 different kinds of eggs benedict), and a chicken curry from the dinner menu...and the toffee cheesecake. All were great!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!PammyDined on 8/16/2014Peli Peli is a great spot to take the foodies in your life! Not only is the food unique and tasty, but the service and ambience is outstanding!Special Features:
- disappointingDolyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I really want to like this restaurant as I have read such positive reviews, and I have found the dishes served to be fair to good. However, the service is terrible... consistently rushed and very unprofessional to the degree I don't think I will be returning.
- Date NightBebeandJamesDined on 8/15/2014My friends and family have raved about Peli Peli's food and so my husband and I took the opportunity to visit during Houston Restaurant Week. The entire experience was fantastic. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted and directed to our table. Cali, our server, was so friendly and patient with us as we asked questions about the options offered as well as explaining the décor. Our dining experience began with the scrumptious Peli Peli Bellini. We had the Bobotie as the appetizer, Carrot Ginger soup, hubby had the Espetada and I had the African KingKlip and for dessert he had the Peli Peli cheesecake and I had the bread pudding with toffee sauce. Everything was amazing! We are definitely going back very soon.Special Features:
- A local find..MugsyDined on 8/14/2014Very nice restaurant in the suburbs and can see why they will open another location in the Galleria... We tried every recommendation form the waiter and all were excellent... he even got us an off the menu dessert, which was very good! I am looking forward to going back and trying more items on the menu since they all look so appealing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. Will visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great food and great atmosphere!!!! I really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in the WesttexshellDined on 8/12/2014We have been eating here at least monthly for over 5 years now. We are blessed to have a exceptional restaurant like Peli Peli north of Houston. The food is always amazing, the staff is very experienced.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great food, great service, couldn't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceElkwoodDined on 8/10/2014Our server was knowledgeable about all of the times on the menu and praised the chef. The food was delicious and unlike anything that you can find anywhere in Houston, service was attentive, and a totally satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Hidden treasurefoodczarDined on 8/10/2014Peli Peli has become a favorite spot for dining for my husband and me. Chef Paul is amazing, and the atmosphere is upscale and very friendly. The food is beautifully presented, original, and always excellent. If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion or just want a nice place for date night, this is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicePeggyDined on 8/9/2014The food was fantastic, the service was fantastic! But the noise level, thanks to 10 women, was terrible! We were in the Noah's Ark room at the front of the restaurant. It is enclosed, with seating for about 30. 10 of the 30 were incredibly loud, yelling from one end of a long table to the other end. My husband sat facing the women and I asked if they were drinking a lot. He said no, no wine glasses or martini glasses were on the table, so they were just plain loud and rude! We have eaten at Peli Peli many times and this is the first time we have had any problems with noise.Special Features:
- DATMELOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten at this restaurant before but always in nice weather and we were able to eat outside. The interior of the restaurant was very charming but the noise level was thru the roof! I know that most restaurants are noisy today but this was beyond the norm. We had a hard time visiting with our friend as a result. I don't think I will go back until we can eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experience!!HappyDinerDined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation for noon on Saturday, August 9th as part of Houston's Restaurant Week. Our server Michael was awesome! He was super friendly and had a good sense of humor. I asked him for suggestions for other restaurants to try for HRW and he made great recommendations. The decor and ambiance was very romantic! Our food was delicious and I really enjoyed the entire experience :)Special Features:
- No birthday surprise!OwltwDined on 8/9/2014We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and expected the restaurant would provide something special as most restaurants in Houston do, but it didn't! Food is yummy.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!etranDined on 8/8/2014I LOVE this place! I've dined here many times before and still find something new to try. The entire staff from the hostess to the wait staff to the food servers and on and on are so friendly and helpful. And the food... delicious! I plan to go once a week during Houston Restaurant Weeks so I can indulge my taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much Fun!DustyDined on 8/8/2014I surprised my friend with lunch here and we had such a great time. From the Host at the door to the knowledgable wait staff everyone was so nice and all of them enjoyed sharing stories about the restaurant and the owner/chef. We let our waiter suggest which appetizer we should have ~ it was great and so full of flavor! With that success we went with his suggestions for the remainder of the meal ~ we were not disappointed. We can't wait to go back and try the chef's four course tasting menu!Special Features:
- one word AWESOME!!!MardanDined on 8/6/2014GREAT food and EXCELLENT customer service! I would go seven days, everyday if I could! LOVE, LOVE!!! PLEASE try their BOBOTIESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDeliciousDined on 8/3/2014Awesome service and food was delicious. First time there.Special Features: