110 Vintage Park Blvd.
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
South AfricanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelipeli.com/
- Phone: 2812579500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, South African
- Executive Chef: Paul Friedman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Peli Peli offers outside catering for weddings and social events as well as 2 private rooms that seat up to 40 and 120, respectively.
For more information please email our event coordinator, Dana Reeves, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Take the "Tour of South Africa" our unique culinary dining experience that will take you through our most popular appetizers, entrees and dessert for a one-of-a-kind South African experience!
A word from Peli Peli
Peli Peli is an award-winning South African fusion concept that features steak, chicken and seafood cuisine by Chef Paul Friedman. 2013 Award Winner for Top 100 Best-Reviewed Restaurants in the US (Opentable). 2013 Chef of Chefs Award Winner (Wine & Food Week). Currently ranked #4 out of 7,135 Houston Restaurants on tripadvisor.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Peli Peli - Best Restaurants in Spring ›
Peli Peli reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (210)fit for foodies (153)romantic (132)neighborhood gem (118)good for groups (88)notable wine list (73)hot spot (72)great for outdoor dining (69)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (64)late-night find (32)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Try something differentgreatdiningplaceDined on 9/27/2014This is the place to go to try something different. The specialities served here are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Food was ok.OneTwoThreeDined on 9/26/2014Service was great! Waitress was very attentive and informative. Appetizer was great but my peli peli salad was only ok. Spouse said his seafood combo was good but nothing special.
- Unique & delicious in HoustonKittyDined on 9/26/2014Amazing and unique South African food. A real treat and change from the same old steakhouse. Be sure to try the Bobotie and the Pepperdew peppers as appetizers. The staff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Unique and nice placeAggieFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all wonderful. Our server, Kaleb, did an outstanding job. He was quite knowledgable and perfectly timed. We did their culinary tour, which was outstanding and a great way to become familiar with the wide variety of south African food they serve. Most people are not particularly familiar with SA food, we were not, so this place represents a bit of an adventure. Although the food itself is very high end, the surroundings lean slightly toward casual and there were a number of families eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath of fresh foodHost4meDined on 9/25/2014Peli Peli was a recommendation from a coworker of a nice place to entertain out of town coworkers. I was pleasantly surprised with the food choices and pleased with the quality. My boss is definitely mature in wine tastes and was very happy with the selection. Thank you for making my hosting easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteAgsmacDined on 9/25/2014Pell Peli has become one of our local favorites for something different. Great food and always great service. Ask for Ashley, she was outstanding. We went there to celebrate a family birthday and she found a unique way to make it special. I'd recommend Peli Peli to anyone looking for something a bit different then the run of the mill steak and potatoes restaurant. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting Better All The TimeTimRDined on 9/24/2014I've been eating at Peli Peli since it opened a few years back. I've always enjoyed the food and ambiance but did not think the steaks were one of their best offerings. Last weeks visit changed my mind. The filet i ordered was perfectly cooked and really very good. They offer some unique items that are worth trying. The Carrot Bredie and Sticky Toffee are two of them. I recommend this restaurant. Be sure to reserve as they are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverJEBSSBDined on 9/23/2014This was my son's first time at Peli Peli and he said it was the best steak that he's ever had - Huguenot Filet. I have to agree, as it's our 'go-to' dish when we dine at Peli Peli. We have tried other entrees and they are delicious, but the Huguenot Filet melts in your mouth. If you want a great steak - this is it!Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!LivinAsAFoodieDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Peli Peli. We had an early dinner (4:30 p.m.) and sat outside. At the time there were only a few parties there besides us. Towards 6 the place became busy, but still the ambiance was great. Our waiter, Josh, was wonderful. He was personable, knowledgeable and very attentive. He even took a picture and printed it out for our special day! My husband and I were pleasantly pleased because we were not rushed. We ended up staying for 2 1/2 hours. The food was amazing, the wine was sublime. Everything was cooked perfectly. We highly recommend this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- great placecabritoDined on 9/20/2014Awesome food and excellent service. Very impressed and definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't Disappointed Yet!DjstolerDined on 9/20/2014The ONLY reason I gave ambiance a 3/5 this time is because despite having a reservation, we were sat outside in the very back of the patio where there wasn't a ceiling fan or any air flow, which made for a very warm dining experience. The outside seating isn't nearly as nice as the inside. I LOVE the inside ambiance and seating. Outside, not so much. We ordered the "tour of South Africa". It was exceptional. Four different starters, three sides, two types of steak, fish, shrimp, squid, calamari, and giant prawns. All followed up with two types of dessert. Everything was stupendous. Haven't had a bad dining experience at Peli Peli (this was my third time there).Special Features:
- A+ ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014A best friend recommended Peli Peli for dinner as a treat for my visiting mother. This could not have been more perfect as the service was professional, courteous, and attentive, the food was magnificent, and the Executive Chef is very social and friendly. The cuisine itself is VERY good...well above average. EVERYONE enjoyed our dining experience at Peli Peli. I look forward to returning...Special Features:
- ExcellentCulinaryadventureDined on 9/19/2014I took my son and his wife to dinner at Peli Peli. The staff was exceptional from the moment we arrived. We were 30 minutes late due to traffic but the hostess found us a great table with very little wait. The food was delicious. We choose the tasting menu which gave us a taste of many of their specialties. Exceptional from appetizers to desert!Special Features:
- Nice, but.....EveningoutDined on 9/19/2014It was way too LOUD for our taste. The food was great but we could barely hear each other and we were seated next to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Will definitely go back.... this was an outstanding restaurant. We met the chef and everything food and wine was fantastic and presented in a fine manner. The wait staff was excellent - have no complaints what so ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately in my top 10BrightStarDined on 9/19/2014A delightful, meaningful, artistic elegance to enjoy excellent food, with the details of presentation, savory flavors, and refined taste. Love that chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchFOODSDined on 9/15/2014I have been here a few times for Dinner and it is always GREAT. It is also a great place for lunch and a business meeting.Special Features:
- Best joint in townFatgurlDined on 9/13/2014I've been a frequent customer of peli peli and it's the best food that money can buySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeromanticDined on 9/13/2014Everything from our setting and dinner was an awesome experience. We have visited several times and each time the experience has been terrific. Thank you for such a wonderful place to eat and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and awesome ambianceNikeDined on 9/12/2014My dining experience at Peli Peli was amazing!!! from the cocktail, food, ambiance and staff. we were visiting Houston for a wedding and decided to stop by Peli Peli and have a romantic dinner with my husband. I will go back to Peli Peli every time I am in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unique foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The food was beyond excellence. We enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic! Agree with TripAdvisor #1 Rating Service and food were superiorSpecial Features:
- JagwireDined on 9/11/2014Great food!!! Great Service we are always happy with Peli-PeliSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014Great service. Champagne brought to table as anniversary thank you. Great food & service through out the mealSpecial Features:
- InterestingHoustonHappy25Dined on 9/9/2014Food was interesting and tasty. Steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated my daughter's 60 birthday there. The food was scrumptious, the atmosphere was nice and our server was sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulKeyGripWifeDined on 9/8/2014Perfect for date night. Service and food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnlaDined on 9/7/2014The food was EXCELLENT!!! We cleaned out our plates. THe waitstaff was very courteous and service was great! I definitly give this place very high marks, and have plans on visiting again in the near future.Special Features:
- Food is always excellenttingrinDined on 9/7/2014Typically the service is excellent. I did not like the change in uniforms or the change in the menu presentation. The paper menus look cheap and dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but lost our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014They seated us quickly, but had no record of our Open Table reservation (luckily I still had the confirmation on my phone).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant had great food, a fun atmosphere and a very helpful staff. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good great service!!!!MartinezDined on 9/6/2014We had the best waiter "Austin" our first time at Peli Peli he recommended some great entrees....not to mention the food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Delectable dishes. Can't wait to go back! We had the stuffed mushrooms, bobotie, plum salad, curried veggies and the lamb! My tastebuds were doing the happy dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at Its BestmomofqpDined on 9/5/2014Peli Peli is an awesome place to dine. It has just the perfect ambiance, food selections and service. We have only experienced the very best of fine dining on each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAndreDined on 9/5/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and observant; one of our party does not drink alcohol and he made sure her dessert on the tasting menu did not have any. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatParker121212Dined on 9/5/2014Perfect. With great service. It's was a wonderful experience and actually already planned another date there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a treatgourmayVIPDined on 9/5/2014We normally have dinner at Peli Peli, but had lunch here on this occasion. Same great food - the place was packed inside.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceSuemarie59Dined on 9/1/2014We have been wanting to dine there for quite a while and found the service (Austin) wonderful and very informative even knowing the new wines that were just brought in. The steaks were cooked to perfection and amazingly tender. I love the bacon on top of the steak.Special Features:
- Wonderful!FANTASTICDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Peli-Peli on multiple occasions. The food does not disappoint - ever. Chef Paul has created a menu of wonderful flavors - nothing like any "corporate" steak house or seafood restaurant. The wine selection is sure to please and I understand they are making some changes to that list. We chose the Houston restaurant week menu and were not disappointed. It is hard to put into the words the experience of flavors that are always delights. Leave the kids at home, please; this restaurant is designed for adult enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great Food but Evening FizzledFizzledDined on 8/31/2014First, let me say the food is fabulous. Uniquely different and very tasty. Secondly, we booked our table well in advance and noted one of our couples was celebrating their 34th anniversary. We also told our waiter, J.D., when we arrived and nothing was mentioned or done. They could have put a candle in the dessert or something to acknowledge the couple but didn't. We were disappointed and told the couple we had told the restaurant about he event and kept hoping it would be acknowledged but it didn't work out as expected (and this was a Sunday evening too). Details are important so if you are just having dinner, the food is wonderful but if you're expecting attentive service, don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.