110 Vintage Park Blvd.
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
South AfricanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelipeli.com/
- Phone: 2812579500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, South African
- Executive Chef: Paul Friedman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Peli Peli offers outside catering for weddings and social events as well as 2 private rooms that seat up to 40 and 120, respectively.
For more information please email our event coordinator, Dana Reeves, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Take the "Tour of South Africa" our unique culinary dining experience that will take you through our most popular appetizers, entrees and dessert for a one-of-a-kind South African experience!
A word from Peli Peli
Peli Peli is an award-winning South African fusion concept that features steak, chicken and seafood cuisine by Chef Paul Friedman. 2013 Award Winner for Top 100 Best-Reviewed Restaurants in the US (Opentable). 2013 Chef of Chefs Award Winner (Wine & Food Week). Currently ranked #4 out of 7,135 Houston Restaurants on tripadvisor.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Peli Peli - Best Restaurants in Spring ›
Peli Peli reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (185)fit for foodies (155)romantic (120)neighborhood gem (111)good for groups (83)great for outdoor dining (74)hot spot (73)notable wine list (66)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (55)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Fabulous All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Took my wife for our anniversary and we had a great meal. Waitress was very excited about the restaurant and its story. She made the entire evening just a little bit better. Food was phenomenal. Probably the best steak I've heard eaten. They even gave us free champagne for our anniversary.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversary Dinner....Amazing!TheHappyHourHunterDined on 10/25/2014This was a perfect night with many amazing moments! The manager brought out some special Champagne for the occasion. The staff were amazing in every way, when we walked in it was like the walk of fame with everyone saying hello, how are you, welcome..etc. The waiter was very knowledgeable and laid back in a friendly way. We ordered the ESPETADA and the South African Fish with shredded scallops sprinkled on to; Both were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014I guest and I truly found it to be an Awesome evening!! the Service was excellent and the Food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentready2dineDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our evening. The food was excellent. We both ordered the Tour of South Africa and tried some new dishes along with a bottle of chocolate block wine. Service and atmosphere were top rate. I would recommend in the future.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great lunch! The food was great and they had a variety of unique dishes to choose from. The service was excellent and overall we enjoyed our time at Peli Peli.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place To DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The atmoshere was beautiful. Our Waitress, Elizabeth was great. The food was superb. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding for daughters 16th BDayDDubsDined on 10/24/2014Our daughter wanted her family 16th dinner to be at Pele Pele. The reception from the time we were greeted at the door, to the champagne (sparkling grape juice for the kids) toast for her birthday to the outstanding food and service. Top Shelf service and food. This place has gone to the top of our lists of special occasion places.Special Features:
- Superlative....alwaysMagjimDined on 10/20/2014Peli Peli has been and remains our favorite restaurant for any occasion. This last visit, our 30th anniversary, to Peli Peli featured complimentary champagne in honor of the occasion, wonderful service from Ali, and a wonderfully prepared meal including Peli Peli merlot. My wife's filet was extremely satisfying to her, particularly because it was done correctly for her,and my grilled seafood platter was succulent. The menu is not overdone, but there is still plenty of South African variety. There is great balance in the menu. (It often is a bit quieter on Monday night) The ambiance and decor are just wonderful. This is an upscale location with all the trimmings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodSingerDined on 10/19/2014We went for Sunday lunch and found that menu was "brunch" (breakfast items) and the dinner menu instead of lunch menu. Don't really think the prices should be 'jacked up' for Sunday lunch. All the steaks were 8 oz which would be too much for children. The food was excellent, but the wait time after ordering until we received our food was exceptionally long. The wait staff refilled one drink and had to be asked to refill the others. We ate on the patio because the noise level was less, and we enjoyed hearing the fountain in neighboring patio. I would not recommend it for families for Sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatxxxxxDined on 10/18/2014We took two out-of-town guests. Service was great, food was great!Special Features:
- a little disappointedTonimomDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Peli Peli quite a few times and have raved to our family and friends. My aunt was in town over the weekend and wanted to have dinner there. I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance. When we arrived, we were given a table on the back porch. It was dark and no other tables were filled. Of course, all the ambience, music, activity, etc was inside. We asked the hostess to re-seat us. We were given 2 options-the private room or the front porch. We chose the front porch where at least we had a view of the courtyard and the comings and goings in Vintage Park. My aunt enjoyed the food and her visit but we were disappointed that we couldn't treat her to the full affect of the restaurant and all it has to offer.Special Features:
- ExcellentKsthoughtDined on 10/17/2014Went for my mom birthday, can't wait to go back ! Service and food was wonderful. Loved every minute of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and loudLuv2eatDined on 10/17/2014This place is overpriced with small servings and no romantic atmosphere as it is advertised on the web. This restaurant is large inside and feels like a barn. I couldn't hear my husband speak.
- Outstanding MealLonghornFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience at Peli Peli. Service was excellent and the food was outstanding. We always have a great experience here. The carrot ginger soup is a must have every time we go there. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Favorite Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Been several times, always great food, great ambiance...can't say enough good things about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as Always!!LMS19Dined on 10/13/2014My husband and I visit Peli Peli about once a month and love it! The variety of the menu is amazing my husband is a vegan and always has multiple items to choose from and special requests are always honored! I love the beef chicken and seafood and always have a hard time deciding! Our last visit was on a Monday which is half price on all bottles of wine which was a pleasant surprise! We always love the wait staff but were pleasantly surprised by our waiter who we had never met before he was amazing, well informed, made great reconnections and extremely attentive! Next time we visit Peli Peli we will ask to be seated in Mike B's section he was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperiencerealtygoddessDined on 10/12/2014In a suburb bursting with chain restaurants of every description, Peli Peli offers diners truly outsanding recipes unlike anything found in our area. An extensive wine and beer selection, and top notch service, make this somewhat pricey restaurant worth the bill. Our only complaint is the noise level on busy evenings, making conversation and savoring the dishes in a relaxed atmosphere nearly impossible. This time we went early on a Sunday evening and were able to leisurely enjoy our meal and company without noisy distractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!RileyGreenDined on 10/11/2014Nothing but good things to say! We couldn't decide on what meal to get so our waiter chose for us and it was amazing food! Loved the atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationTnT29Dined on 10/10/2014I made my reservation online, however when my party arrived, we were advised that there was no reservation found. Nonetheless, we were courteously accommodated without any problems. Enjoyed our outstanding server who not only provided excellent service, but in light of the occasion (anniversary & birthday), took photos, and eloquently sang a couple of beautiful songs for the honorees. We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon...thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food and ServiceColombianneDined on 10/9/2014The Food was Very tasty. The meat was cooked to perfeccion, topped with a savory Sauce , served with two delicious sides. The dessert was scrumptious! Our waiter Augustus was extremely attentive and his suggestions were excelent. I can't wait to go back to PELI PELI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Peli Peli never fails to impress. My colleagues and I work nearby and this is the go-to for when we have out of town visitors. It's unique, delicious and there is something for everyone.Special Features:
- Decent place for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/7/2014The food was ok, service a bit slow, a bit noisy but all in all ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouthieVIPDined on 10/5/2014we had an awesome brunch and service was awesome! will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TUTTIDined on 10/4/2014WE WENT WITH FRIENDS WHO WERE CELEBRATING THEIR 37TH ANNIVERSARY. WE LOVED THE FOOD AS ALWAYS. IT WAS VERY AWESOME. THEY THOUGHT THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND THANKED US FOR RECOMMENDING PELI PELI TO THEM. WE WERE GREETED WITH 4 GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE FROM THE MANAGER. OVER ALL IT WAS A VERY NICE EXPERIENCE. WE LOVE PELI PELI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Bar crowd noise was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NRT77Dined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly the food came out fast and was well presented as well as tasted great. I will go againSpecial Features:
- Try something differentgreatdiningplaceDined on 9/27/2014This is the place to go to try something different. The specialities served here are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Food was ok.OneTwoThreeDined on 9/26/2014Service was great! Waitress was very attentive and informative. Appetizer was great but my peli peli salad was only ok. Spouse said his seafood combo was good but nothing special.
- Unique & delicious in HoustonKittyDined on 9/26/2014Amazing and unique South African food. A real treat and change from the same old steakhouse. Be sure to try the Bobotie and the Pepperdew peppers as appetizers. The staff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Unique and nice placeAggieFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all wonderful. Our server, Kaleb, did an outstanding job. He was quite knowledgable and perfectly timed. We did their culinary tour, which was outstanding and a great way to become familiar with the wide variety of south African food they serve. Most people are not particularly familiar with SA food, we were not, so this place represents a bit of an adventure. Although the food itself is very high end, the surroundings lean slightly toward casual and there were a number of families eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath of fresh foodHost4meDined on 9/25/2014Peli Peli was a recommendation from a coworker of a nice place to entertain out of town coworkers. I was pleasantly surprised with the food choices and pleased with the quality. My boss is definitely mature in wine tastes and was very happy with the selection. Thank you for making my hosting easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteAgsmacDined on 9/25/2014Pell Peli has become one of our local favorites for something different. Great food and always great service. Ask for Ashley, she was outstanding. We went there to celebrate a family birthday and she found a unique way to make it special. I'd recommend Peli Peli to anyone looking for something a bit different then the run of the mill steak and potatoes restaurant. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting Better All The TimeTimRDined on 9/24/2014I've been eating at Peli Peli since it opened a few years back. I've always enjoyed the food and ambiance but did not think the steaks were one of their best offerings. Last weeks visit changed my mind. The filet i ordered was perfectly cooked and really very good. They offer some unique items that are worth trying. The Carrot Bredie and Sticky Toffee are two of them. I recommend this restaurant. Be sure to reserve as they are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverJEBSSBDined on 9/23/2014This was my son's first time at Peli Peli and he said it was the best steak that he's ever had - Huguenot Filet. I have to agree, as it's our 'go-to' dish when we dine at Peli Peli. We have tried other entrees and they are delicious, but the Huguenot Filet melts in your mouth. If you want a great steak - this is it!Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!LivinAsAFoodieDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Peli Peli. We had an early dinner (4:30 p.m.) and sat outside. At the time there were only a few parties there besides us. Towards 6 the place became busy, but still the ambiance was great. Our waiter, Josh, was wonderful. He was personable, knowledgeable and very attentive. He even took a picture and printed it out for our special day! My husband and I were pleasantly pleased because we were not rushed. We ended up staying for 2 1/2 hours. The food was amazing, the wine was sublime. Everything was cooked perfectly. We highly recommend this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- great placecabritoDined on 9/20/2014Awesome food and excellent service. Very impressed and definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't Disappointed Yet!DjstolerDined on 9/20/2014The ONLY reason I gave ambiance a 3/5 this time is because despite having a reservation, we were sat outside in the very back of the patio where there wasn't a ceiling fan or any air flow, which made for a very warm dining experience. The outside seating isn't nearly as nice as the inside. I LOVE the inside ambiance and seating. Outside, not so much. We ordered the "tour of South Africa". It was exceptional. Four different starters, three sides, two types of steak, fish, shrimp, squid, calamari, and giant prawns. All followed up with two types of dessert. Everything was stupendous. Haven't had a bad dining experience at Peli Peli (this was my third time there).Special Features:
- A+ ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014A best friend recommended Peli Peli for dinner as a treat for my visiting mother. This could not have been more perfect as the service was professional, courteous, and attentive, the food was magnificent, and the Executive Chef is very social and friendly. The cuisine itself is VERY good...well above average. EVERYONE enjoyed our dining experience at Peli Peli. I look forward to returning...Special Features:
- ExcellentCulinaryadventureDined on 9/19/2014I took my son and his wife to dinner at Peli Peli. The staff was exceptional from the moment we arrived. We were 30 minutes late due to traffic but the hostess found us a great table with very little wait. The food was delicious. We choose the tasting menu which gave us a taste of many of their specialties. Exceptional from appetizers to desert!Special Features:
- Nice, but.....EveningoutDined on 9/19/2014It was way too LOUD for our taste. The food was great but we could barely hear each other and we were seated next to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.