4200 Jim Walter Blvd.
Renaissance Tampa Hotel
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelagiatrattoria.com/
- Phone: 8133133233x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am;
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Brett Gardiner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that accommodates seated 20, standing reception for 25 and can offer the full menu along with limited menu and buffet options.
- Private Party Contact: Trenton Hoare 8134338100x
- Special Events: We have a private dining room that accommodates seated 20, standing reception for 25 that can offer the full menu along with options for limited menus or buffet options.
A word from Pelagia Trattoria
Pelagia Trattoria provides an intimate and elegant dining atmosphere that will surely impress. Pelagia Trattoria draws from all parts of the Mediterranean offering the finest beef, seafood, lamb, veal and pastas. At our modern Italian restaurant, we offer the freshest flavors of Italy. Chef Brett Gardiner uses his culinary genius to prepare some of the finest dishes offered in the Tampa area. Everything is made from scratch, ensuring peak freshness and rich flavors. Each dish is exquisitely prepared and dazzlingly displayed. Voted one of America’s Top Restaurants by Zagat Survey, this Tampa restaurant provides a unique and satisfying dining experience. With a combination of flavor, culture and ingenuity, Chef Gardiner's dishes are filled with class and style that are enhanced with the freshest flavors of the season. Enjoy modern Italian cuisine at Pelagia Trattoria daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pelagia Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Pelagia Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014Leo our waiter was amazing and the food was phenomenal. The atmosphere was trendy and the prices were not bad at all. Throughout dinner I kept wondering was why I hadn't heard more of the place. It was a bit hard to find with a gps so perhaps that is keeping this little gem a hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on Saturday NightfrequentdinerDined on 8/23/2014For whatever reason, Pelagia rents out 1/2 the restaurant to an artists painting group during dinner hour on Saturday nights. They are noisy and you cannot have a conversation at your table. The instructor uses a loudspeaker to instruct the class and it is impossible to even address the waiter while she speaks. The food is good but I would never go again on a Saturday night. I can see now why the restaurant was so empty this past Saturday night.
- Fantastic menuJoemurgeVIPDined on 8/18/2014I love the small yet creative menu offered. All the food was fantastic, I had the grilled octopus, great balance of flavor (love the mint), the croquettes, the sauce was a great mixture of nuts (maybe almonds or walnuts), tomato, garlic, & spices similar to a pesto but with tomato as a base. I also had the Parpadelle with chicken meatballs and broccoli rabe AMAZING!!!! chicken meatballs were moist & bursting with flavor. Gnocchi was very good but a little gooey, I am a gnocchi snob and I will say it was very good but needed a to be a little more solid. My only real complaint is that they kept the lights full blast all night. Wine list is little over priced especially for bottles over $75; margins should decrease as price increases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chilDined on 8/1/2014My friends and I have enjoyed this restaurant several times and love it as a place to celebrate our birthdays along w/shopping at the mall. We love everything about it from the decor to service to, of course, the food.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The service was good, but the food was poor except the cheese It was my first and last time there
- Good Dinner but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014This was a nice restaurant. Food was good. Service was good. But nothing stood out.
- Excellent customer serviceBlondieDined on 7/12/2014We attended a Paint Nite event at the restaurant and then stayed for dinner with six of my friends. They had drink specials at the bar which were yummy and well priced! The customer service from the bartender, wait staff, and management team was outstanding! They took care of our paintings while we ate, had our table ready and set up beautifully, and basically catered to our every need. Our food was delicious and it was nice to have the availability to receive a half order since I am on Weight Watchers. The décor was beautiful and everything was extraordinarily clean and neat. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Satisfactory overallFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014Nothing too surprising either way here. Food was good. Service was very good. Nothing stood out as special but could be a good option for a big group since the place is almost empty at lunch time.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014Great food and service. Seems few people know about the great foodSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceLike2dineDined on 6/7/2014The music was a bit loud and we felt like we were shopping at Amberchrombie, but the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-Priced Average FoodWilkcDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant decor is nice and the location is conveniently located although somewhat hidden. My wife and I went there for lunch last Thursday. On the assumption the restaurant would be busy we made reservations through Open Table. Turns out we didn't need to as we sat in a nearly empty restaurant with perhaps two other parties that appeared to be on business lunches. In any event, two salads and two ice teas cost us $35 and we were disappointed with the salads. At that price we could have enjoyed a nice lunch at Ocean Prime. Good location but over priced average food. Probably will not be back.
- Last minute find that was amazingJohnkwparadiseVIPDined on 5/26/2014Found this place on open table while staying over in Tampa. What a great hidden gem. Authentic Italian and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedfoodieDined on 5/26/2014My dinner was very good, but others in my party were disappointed. Staff was friendly - moved us to another table away from irritating buzzing noise from cook area. Upscale grill, not upscale fine dining.
- FoodieDined on 5/16/2014Food is amazing! Can't wait to go back Why this place isn't packed is beyond me Does no one know how good it is? Wake up peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch was outstandingloveItalianfoodDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch buffet was GREAT! Our server Ronnie was perfect. The array of fine foods was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place in TampaoahudogDined on 5/11/2014We are coming here for two years already...the food and service is exceptional. Thank you for a great culinary experience
- Excellent 'find' at Int'l. Mall!FrankJDined on 5/10/2014Why is it that Pelagia Trattoria has been in this location for oh so many years and I am just truly finding out about it! It was a fabulous meal with some of the best food I've had in the area! Make the extra effort and move from the West Side of the Mall to the East Side of the mall, next to the Renaissance, and you'll be thoroughly happy.....Special Features:
- Great foodDinner42Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed the attentive service, relaxed atmosphere and most of all the great food.Special Features:
- The following 342 reviews are from the Pelagia Trattoria reviews archive.
- Something has changedfrequentdinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Changes have been made to the menu since our last visit. Fewer choices now, some sounded weird, and our favorite veal dish had been removed. The paper menu I was given, looked old and worn. The lamb chops were of ample size and cooked as requested but, with lots of wastage. The burrata cheese heirloom tomato salad was attractive looking but not many heirlooms to be found. Price point seems to be what it was before but, what you get for the price seems to have gone down. All and all while we enjoy the feel of the place, we couldn't answer the question on the bill - was this experience a 9 or a 10, without comment, so we didn't.
- Great Food & ServicehungryduckDined on 4/26/2014Special birthday dinner for four. Service was excellent (great service Ronny) and food was very good. One of our group was a picky eater but the chef was able to cater a special meal for him. Great job guys. We'll be back !Special Features:
- bigdronDined on 4/25/2014Limited menu but excellent food. Wines a bit pricey but not outrageous. Food prices a very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 4/24/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and they always have great food. Our server this time Jayne was great as usual. Would highly recommend if you are in the Tampa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchGatorKenDined on 4/20/2014Pelagia Trattoria transforms their dining room into a buffet line for Easter Brunch and does a very good job of it. There was a nice selection of foods and the carving station had lamb, ham, and prime rib all properly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014First time to this restaurant on Easter. This place had excellent food options everything was fresh and tasted excellent. The lighting is beautiful and the outside seating area is peaceful . I will def be back to enjoy another lunch or dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday BrunchOCatchDined on 4/20/2014Very, very nice setting! The expansive buffet was well laid out and the food quality was high. Food was kept fresh and selection was quite broad. Efficient, professional and courteous staff all around. Great value for special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was great, except for the desert table. Pies look like they came from Publix and the cake selection was unremarkable and also appeared to be store bought. The only saving grace was the macarons. They were quite good.Special Features:
- Odd but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2014In a hotel service was great, food was average. I would go back.Special Features:
- great hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014pizza said stone oven, of which it was, but note that it's not Naples Italy style (Neapolitan) pizza crust like in downtown Tampa, the crust is not very good, but everything else was great, including the house red win (Cab) was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a business mealg8rgrl9395Dined on 4/15/2014I met several colleagues for dinner at Pelagia. The food was great - particularly the brussel sprout salad (you must try before you wrinkle your nose). Service was efficient. I am not sure if we went on an 'off night' - Wednesday - or if they just aren't very busy after 7:00 but the place was pretty much empty and, therefore, quiet. If the dining room had been full it would likely have been pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Tampa restaurantVickiDined on 4/12/2014Amazing food and service in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014The Roasted Brussel Sprout salad was unique and delicious and the Veal Milanese was exquisite - the most flavorful and tender veal I have had in years! The Roasted Duck Breast was also lovely. Couldn't have been more pleased with the food. A delightful atmosphere to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Influence RestaurantSpartanDined on 4/5/2014i say Italian influence because i would have like to have seen more Italian meals, such as Chicken or Veal Parmesan or the like. The only downfall is the lack of a proper greeting by a host/hostess. The waitress was exceptional and the food superb! The ambiance was very nice and quiet. You must try the garlic stuffed olives! Wish we had room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and fooddjntDined on 4/1/2014Our server Lee was great, he gave us menu suggestions that were very helpful. Great service and food. We loved the meat and cheese board!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem to escape from the malljoyfuldinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great restaurant and service directly adjacent to International Mall. After a long day of shopping Pelagia is the place to go to unwind and pamper yourself. The manager and his staff always treat you like you are the only customer in the place. The food and drink are par excellent. The winning chef is extremely accommodating , as far as customizing the menu items to satisfy everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New dining experiencePeteDined on 2/23/2014We chose to try Pelagia Trattoria after checking out the menu and wine list on line. We were surprised to see so few patrons on a Sunday evening, but it allowed us to order each course individually, since the kitchen was not very busy. Grilled octopus was a superb appetizer. Fried stuffed olives, not so much. Half orders of the pasta dishes are a great idea, after which we could enjoy a shared entre of duck...outstanding. Service was fine, but with so few patrons, you would not expect anything less. Our only and major objection to the evening was the flying gnats which were REALLY annoying. Might go back, might not.Special Features:
- Best kept secretAlanVVIPDined on 2/23/2014We have been here several times for dinner and always enjoy it. I am amazed that they are never crowded. We had family in town and needed a place for a Sunday brunch for 10 people. They were very accommodating. They gave us a private room and even kept the buffet open past the normal shut down time of 11 am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in TampaReviewsfrompvdVIPDined on 2/22/2014My family visited Tampa before leaving for a cruise. We dined in the hotel restaurant and we pleasantly surprised at the excellent service and great food. Our server bent over backwards to accommodate us (thank you!). The food was creative and delicious. Portions were suitable. Prices were very reasonable. There weren't many people in this restaurant which was too bad. They're missing out!Special Features:
- Super Brussels sprout salad.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/18/2014Super Brussels sprout salad. The grilled sea bass was moist and very flavorful. The black squid seafood pasta dish was terrific. The scallops out of thus world.Special Features:
- Great Food Poor ServiceStPeteFoodieDined on 2/15/2014This would be a great 5 star establishment if is wasn't for the poor service. My wife and I dined here Saturday evening 2/15. The place was busy no doubt because of Valentines Weekend. The service started out okay as we had a few questions about menu items and the server was quick to respond. We ordered our meals and never saw our server again until we flagged her down 15 minutes after we had finished our meals. Not once did she come by to refill drinks, ask us how our meals were. We had to wait even just to wave her down because she was no where to be seen. If you are going to spend $90+ dollars on a meal for two I expect a fine dining level of service. I get that they were busy but, a manager or someone could have come by to check on us.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in TampaEatsVIPDined on 2/15/2014Fabulous and unusual dishes. Great ambiance, great service. The veal chop and Brussels sprout salad were outstanding.Special Features: