1212 Pecan Ave
Charlotte, NC 28205Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepeculiarrabbit.com/
- Phone: 7043339197
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Late Night Menu: Thursday - Saturday until 2:00am, Sunday - Tuesday until 12:00am , Wednesday until 1:00am
We do not accept reservations for the rooftop patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Geoff Bragg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Peculiar Rabbit
The Peculiar Rabbit is officially open! The Peculliar Rabbit is an American farm-to-fork gastropub. Gastropub has taken on a lot of different meanings in the last few years but we like to think of ourselves as a food-forward neighborhood pub. We take traditional English fare and infuse it with southern ingredients from local suppliers. While our menu is more culturally diverse than straight English fare, the common denominator of our offerings is our attention to culinary fundamentals; our focus on our craft. Our hope is to create a unique dining experience for our guests in our lovely dining and bar areas. That being said, as we are still blossoming as a business and neighbor we look forward to any feedback our guests have regarding their visits with us. All of your feedback assists us in focusing our energies and growing in the direction we need to so we can provide you with exceptional service and food that is extraordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Peculiar Rabbit - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Peculiar Rabbit reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (27)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (14)special occasion (13)late-night find (12)romantic (8)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- raleigheaterDined on 9/14/2014The brunch food was delicious, one of the best spots in town. I ordered the shrimp and grits, and my friends ordered the hash and the chicken & waffles, which they raved about. The staff accommodated our request to sit on the roof with a skyline view. My only complaint is it took the server 20 minutes to bring maple syrup for my friend's waffles, and they were slow to refill our coffee.Special Features:
- Big placeTrendyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Nice setting, but is missing some ambiance. The menu is interesting no what I was expecting for a bar, but the place is definitive locking personality. Service could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBHAPEDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was very nice and accommodating until it got busy then service disappeared. Wrong food was served which caused 1 out 6 waiting for dinner. 4 of the 6 it was there first time. I still recommend restuarant but they need to staff for the demand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good EatYTaylorDined on 8/28/2014We choose this restaurant based on a picture displayed on the website lol (Large jumbo shrimp and crab meat on cheddar biscuit), which turns out not be be an item available on the current menu. That sucked... We then ordered a kid's chicken strip meal w/ fruit, Crispy Calamari, Garlic Kale, Cesar Salad and Yellow Fin Tuna tartar. Everything was amazing EXCEPT the Tuna tartar. We had no idea that it was raw/uncooked. There was a little microscopic footnote on the bottom of the menu, that I noticed after I asked the waiter to take it away. The warning did advise that items with a "*" next to them may contain uncooked items. Yes, I totally missed that footnote when we ordered. Everything else, was great. Good eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience !Maddiner1Dined on 8/23/2014Peculiar Rabbit was a great time! The service was great and I love the new menu! The "rabbit crackers" and carrot butter were such a cute touch and delicious! Our out of town guests had a wonderful time. Being able to order a sandwich or an entree is great when you have a small group. Definitely will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first visit, will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014Tasty lunch. Lamb burger was cooked perfectly. Great view of uptown from the upper deck. Will have to come back for some microbrews.
- Outstanding ServicehappyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great service and great food! We had a wonderful Sunday brunch and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RabbitDined on 8/8/2014PR was recommended to us for a date night with my husband and myself. It was recommended to make a reservation prior for a Friday evening; although it was not needed, as we dined early (6:30pm). The service was amazing, could not have asked for anything better. The food was delicious. My husband had the bison burger with garlic kale. My dish was the chicken taco's. As with any restaurant, the side portions were a little more than we could eat; but yummy nonetheless.Special Features:
- Big changes at P.RabbitGhrouseDined on 8/3/2014Since my last visit to Peculiar Rabbit the menu has gone through a major overhaul. For some this may be acceptable, but it seems very limited and I was at a loss when I could not find a true English dish as I once could. Great service, they were out of a lot of food but understandable for a Sunday.. Just surprised by the menu change that should be advertisedSpecial Features:
- Favorite brunch spotST1005Dined on 8/2/2014One of the best places to get brunch in Charlotte. If the weather is nice, make sure you sit outside on the top deck and catch the incredible views of uptown. Have had several different brunch items and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not worth the drivefamilyfoodieDined on 8/2/2014The meat dishes were flavorful...side dishes not so much. Dessert menu not worth looking at. Fine place for having an interesting beer. Not a great place for a family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014overall great service, but food service was not very good took almost an hour just to get the starterts.. other than that we loved the place...Special Features:
- Lots of HypeFoodie4Dined on 7/26/2014My Husband and I had heard a lot about this place and had it on our list of places to try. We both thought it was really good. We got the lamb burger and the bison burger andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FailFoodieDined on 7/24/2014We come here a lot and they always do a good job. We showed up at 3pm this time with wedding party in tow and it was an epic fail. Terrible service, forgot the bride's meal, then served it looking like road kill, then had the nerve to charge us for it. Ridiculous!Special Features:
- mac and cheese is a mustJenniferDined on 7/20/2014Their mac and cheese is amazing, its small and was tough to share between the two of us. I had the burger which was cooked perfect, seasoned well and juicy. I opted for small salad as my side and it was the same size as the mac and cheese... way too small in my opinion. BF had the Shepherd's Pie, it was excellent but could have used more veggies to balance out the heaviness of mashed potatoes and gravy. The lamb, like the burger, was seasoned well and juicy. I also had "The Drunken Raspberry" with my meal (drink) and it was super good, I would highly recommend, perfect summer drink.
- Great Charlotte spotPlazamdwdrulzDined on 7/12/2014We had a great dinner overlooking uptown all while staying cool in the AC. You can go on the rooftop for a broader view but the view inside beats the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnniversaryDined on 7/12/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at The Peculiar Rabbit. It was our 34th wedding anniversary and we ate outside - a great night for it, overlooking uptown Charlotte. We had been there before and wanted something not to pricey but with inventive food. This is the place - wonderful service too. When we mentioned to our server that it was our anniversary he offered to provide dessert for free (had the cream cheese brownie - excellent) and attended to our needs nicely. Great food - great service - great view. We noticed lots of people coming and going so it must be a hot spot in Plaza-Midwood. Rightfully so.Special Features:
- Saturday bridal shower b runchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our group for thw bridal shower. The server did an excellent job and the food was delicious. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotNumNum62VIPDined on 7/12/2014It's hard to find many good brunch spots around Charlotte so I'm glad I came across Peculiar Rabbit. I've been wanting to try it ever since reading the early glowing reviews after it opened. A birthday celebration made for a good reason to meet up for brunch. Andrew was an excellent server, very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. We agonized over the many food choices and ended up with the spicy chorizo omelet and the shrimp and grits. Both great dishes. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- DelicioustfossumDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious and had a fun atmosphere- we has drinks outside before heading to dinner inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSpartyPartyDined on 7/8/2014Really good food. My salmon was cooked perfectly. Only complaint was that they didn't read the table and bring things out as we were finishing. We felt aittle rushed as the dinner came out quickly and we hadn't finished the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Food and priceKevinDined on 7/5/2014we would certainly revisit this place. The food was outstanding. we had 5 people, apps, dinner and drinks...out the door for $185.00. You can't beat it...period...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best rooftopCltbmwDined on 6/19/2014Must go for the rooftop and summer air. By far the best thing in the plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodThomDined on 6/17/2014I had made reservations stating that it was my husbands birthday. They did not know and when I mentioned that I would like a desert for celebration, the hostess got me the manager and the manger who came to the table was very rude and loud. she did get us the brownie but her rudness took the fun out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs better managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have been to Peculiar Rabbit for brunch. Last time, a server never came to our table and we had to ask hostess for a server. This time, our server kept passing by and said he would be right with us -- several times. We finally placed our order and then had to wait and wait for the food. The waiter said the kitchen was really backed up and apologized. It was Fathers Day but there were several empty tables in our area. Management should realize that Fathers Day Brunch might be a little busy and plan kitchen staff accordingly. After we were finished, our waiter offered to "buy us a couple of drinks" for having to wait so long. By that time, we were ready to go and didn't want a drink. We won't be going back.
- Perfect Father Day's BrunchRedHawtDined on 6/15/2014Great place to take Dad for Father's day. We all enjoyed our food and service was good. Great place and I've always enjoyed going there. So accommodating no matter what your party size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014I must say this has been a great dinner for me and my guest. 5 stars from me we will be coming back. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014We tried this restaurant after finding it on Open Table. It was OK, but I wouldn't make a special trip to go back. The building is neat. The menu was creative. Our waitress was uninterested. The shrimp and grits was quite salty and soupy. A personal pet peeve, the pink mold growing in it tells me the ladies' toilet hadn't been cleaned in a while.
- Great place in Plaza-MidwoodTmbgVIPDined on 6/12/2014I love this place and have never had a bad experience. I had the schnitzel for dinner this time; it was good, but I prefer some of the other dishes (the meatloaf is outstanding!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDavisDined on 6/6/2014Great evening outside; good food and service. Looking forward to coming back and bringing friends. Enjoyed our evening out at Peculiar Rabbit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in a usual faveSarahVIPDined on 6/1/2014I hate having to review "the rabbit" so poorly, this is a favorite place, usually. Food was just ok at bedt and service was terrible this past Sunday June 1. I was there with a friend for his birthday, made reservations and requested rooftop, which we got. Once up there it took at least ten min for the sever to acknowledge us, we were asked if we wanted a drink, ordered a mimosa and Bloody Mary. We were both hungry, so we ordered our meal. Literally, food came out within five minutes, before our drinks, I ordered two poached eggs w/ English muffin and friend ordered Egg Bene. Obviously everything was pre made, usually takes much longer to poach. And eng muffin was cold. Did not get catsup, had to take from other table. Thinking twice now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not lastBigDaveVIPDined on 5/31/2014Friends had recommended PR several months ago but we had not visited it until this weekend. The food was outstanding and the ambience was outstanding. Service was above average. This has moved into our top 10 Charlotte restaurants and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancoiseDined on 5/25/2014We were visiting family in Charlotte who recommended Peculiar Rabbit for lunch on the roof top. Everything was great except for the heat! The roof top does not offer table umbrellas so lunchtime dining when it is sunny and warm can feel like you jumped into the frying pan. Would recommended going for breakfast or after sunset during the Spring/Summer season if you want a roof top view. The restaurant does have umbrella tables at the street level. Overall, nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 229 reviews are from the Peculiar Rabbit reviews archive.
- PearlyPearllyDined on 5/24/2014We sat on the rooftop and enjoyed the view. The food looked beautiful, but we found it lacked flavor. We ordered the bacon wrapped figs which we thought would be better with an extra fig and without the oily bread under it. The suause on top of it was pretty, but lack taste and felt oily. I ordered the lamb burger which came on a pita. The comercial pita was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food was great when this place opened but now it is just okay - nothing great.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!leswcVIPDined on 5/18/2014We had a great brunch this morning! The menu for Sunday brunch is fabulous! My husband had the American breakfast! He enjoyed it very much. Everything was cooked to perfection! I had the chicken, bacon, Brie salad. It was delicious. I had hoped for more bacon and Brie, but it was a delicious salad. I added a cup if fruit, $4...a smidgen over priced for what I received. Too bad it was before noon on a Sunday. We couldn't drink...but we look forward to going back again sometime that we can!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Meat loaf was delicious. Cheese cake with mango habanero sauce was excellent. Friendly wait staff with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the rabbitCharlotteeatsVIPDined on 5/11/2014The brunch menu is pretty good but I prefer the regular menu much more. Could also use some umbrellas on the rooftop bar. Little hot and dragnet with no shade at times. Great place to sit. Not so great with no shade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Focus on the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Fantastic view from the roof, but the food was pub fare. I had the spaetzle which came out as a somewhat dry piece of fried chicken with the spaetzle on top. We still like the the PR, but they need to raise the bar on the food, or just end up another Midwood bar with a great rooftop patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We have eaten at PR several times, and I have to say that we go purely for the food, outside seating, and live music. However, I have never had decent service. This past weekend I think our waiter was high. He forgot our drink orders, and couldn't give any decent recommendations or answer questions. Pretty disappointing.Special Features: