1212 Pecan Ave
Charlotte, NC 28205Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepeculiarrabbit.com/
- Phone: (704) 333-9197
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Late Night Menu: Thursday - Saturday until 2:00am, Sunday - Tuesday until 12:00am , Wednesday until 1:00am
We do not accept reservations for the rooftop patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Geoff Bragg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Peculiar Rabbit
The Peculiar Rabbit is officially open! The Peculliar Rabbit is an American farm-to-fork gastropub. Gastropub has taken on a lot of different meanings in the last few years but we like to think of ourselves as a food-forward neighborhood pub. We take traditional English fare and infuse it with southern ingredients from local suppliers. While our menu is more culturally diverse than straight English fare, the common denominator of our offerings is our attention to culinary fundamentals; our focus on our craft. Our hope is to create a unique dining experience for our guests in our lovely dining and bar areas. That being said, as we are still blossoming as a business and neighbor we look forward to any feedback our guests have regarding their visits with us. All of your feedback assists us in focusing our energies and growing in the direction we need to so we can provide you with exceptional service and food that is extraordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Peculiar Rabbit - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Peculiar Rabbit reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (29)scenic view (26)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Parking is an issue unfortunately but other than that, the restaurant is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, good timesJCStarnesVIPDined on 11/4/2014Great place to meet for a drink (or a few). Lots of options, and lots of good ones.Special Features:
- Good Option after Panthers gameBrachlVIPDined on 10/26/2014We ate here after attending the Panthers game. The charcuterie was very good (we had 3 cheeses and 2 meats). The chicken and waffles portion was huge -3 pieces of chicken sitting on top a tasty waffle --and very tasty. The burger, salad, and pot pie were all fine -not exceptional but certainly good. It was not crowded when we went there, but it was fairly early on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- delightful outdoor diningHungryBearsVIPDined on 10/24/2014loved eating outdoors on the patio by the firepit. the menu is broad - lots of interesting choices. service wasn't very good (actually had to ask the server to remove my dinner plate about 15 minutes after everybody else's was long gone) but i loved my dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is...ellyelVIPDined on 10/21/2014I really like the atmosphere in this place - but not the menu. The food is a bit eccentric (and pricey) - I guess thats why its called the Peculiar Rabbit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbonesDined on 10/11/2014The food was good although the ambiance definitely feels more like a bar than a restaurant. If you can sit up top that is the way to go. Inside it seams a bit damp and musty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We were disappointed they took the bacon wrapped dates off of the menu. My boyfriend got the chicken and waffles and it was too much chicken, not enough waffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful experiencemollyugaDined on 10/3/2014We had reservations for four people on Friday night. When we arrived we were told there would be a little wait for outside seating. We sat at the bar while waiting and were told numerous time that they were cleaning our table. When we were finally seated at 8:35 pm we never had a server come to our table. My husband went inside and asked after 15 minutes and still no one came by. After sitting at the table for over 20 minutes with no server we left and went to another restaurant. Not only did my husband ask about a server, one of the members in our party asked a server outside if he could get our server. Still nothing happened. We have been to this establishment many times and were very disappointed with our service that night.Special Features:
- Ambiance Always...RedheadRocCltDined on 10/2/2014I had an excellent time!!! I am always pleased with service, food and ambiance when I go to the Peculiar Rabbit!!! I'd go there over and over again.. The skyline is beautiful and love the atmosphere...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu DissappointingdymicheleVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been before and was really looking forward to it, however the menu has changed. We had a reservation for the roof top, however, they did not have a table for us and told us we could sit on the front outside patio. I was disappointed but at least it was something. We ordered the calamari, which was tasty. And we both tried burgers, because the entree menu was limiting. I had the patty melt, and the bread was bigger than my burger. It was tasty, but became very messy. The service was ok, but I was missing the ambiance I was hoping for. The bar menu was also limiting, and did not appear to match up well with the menu offerings. The service was ok, but not amazing as it has been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & limited menuEatsVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our party of four was very disappointed in the poor service at Peculiar Rabbit. He was not very knowledgeable in regards to the menu (cheese selections) or wine list. He didn't take much time with our table. Always felt like he was in a hurry although the restaurant wasn't busy. We also noticed the menu has changed and it was hard to find something we wanted to eat.Special Features:
- Good timesGoodstuffDined on 9/25/2014We had a great time at the peculiar rabbit. The food portions were generous and the mixed drinks were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlotteDinerDined on 9/25/2014Excellent service, great ambiance, fair pricing. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice rooftop diningjoeweissDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good. Loved the rooftop seating. The building is very cool!Special Features:
- raleigheaterDined on 9/14/2014The brunch food was delicious, one of the best spots in town. I ordered the shrimp and grits, and my friends ordered the hash and the chicken & waffles, which they raved about. The staff accommodated our request to sit on the roof with a skyline view. My only complaint is it took the server 20 minutes to bring maple syrup for my friend's waffles, and they were slow to refill our coffee.Special Features:
- If you have not already, TRY IT!BludogVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, service, location. It would be difficult to find a negative with this one. This was not our first visit so the pleasant experience was no surprise. Be sure to try an appetizer or two with your meal; all are great. We had the calamari this night. Our entrees were the salmon and pork tenderloin - FAB! Good sides, too. Variety of beer. Servers have always been pleasant and efficient. You should enjoy your meal at the Rabbit!Special Features:
- Big placeTrendyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Nice setting, but is missing some ambiance. The menu is interesting no what I was expecting for a bar, but the place is definitive locking personality. Service could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBHAPEDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was very nice and accommodating until it got busy then service disappeared. Wrong food was served which caused 1 out 6 waiting for dinner. 4 of the 6 it was there first time. I still recommend restuarant but they need to staff for the demand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good EatYTaylorDined on 8/28/2014We choose this restaurant based on a picture displayed on the website lol (Large jumbo shrimp and crab meat on cheddar biscuit), which turns out not be be an item available on the current menu. That sucked... We then ordered a kid's chicken strip meal w/ fruit, Crispy Calamari, Garlic Kale, Cesar Salad and Yellow Fin Tuna tartar. Everything was amazing EXCEPT the Tuna tartar. We had no idea that it was raw/uncooked. There was a little microscopic footnote on the bottom of the menu, that I noticed after I asked the waiter to take it away. The warning did advise that items with a "*" next to them may contain uncooked items. Yes, I totally missed that footnote when we ordered. Everything else, was great. Good eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience !Maddiner1Dined on 8/23/2014Peculiar Rabbit was a great time! The service was great and I love the new menu! The "rabbit crackers" and carrot butter were such a cute touch and delicious! Our out of town guests had a wonderful time. Being able to order a sandwich or an entree is great when you have a small group. Definitely will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first visit, will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014Tasty lunch. Lamb burger was cooked perfectly. Great view of uptown from the upper deck. Will have to come back for some microbrews.
- Outstanding ServicehappyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great service and great food! We had a wonderful Sunday brunch and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RabbitDined on 8/8/2014PR was recommended to us for a date night with my husband and myself. It was recommended to make a reservation prior for a Friday evening; although it was not needed, as we dined early (6:30pm). The service was amazing, could not have asked for anything better. The food was delicious. My husband had the bison burger with garlic kale. My dish was the chicken taco's. As with any restaurant, the side portions were a little more than we could eat; but yummy nonetheless.Special Features:
- Big changes at P.RabbitGhrouseDined on 8/3/2014Since my last visit to Peculiar Rabbit the menu has gone through a major overhaul. For some this may be acceptable, but it seems very limited and I was at a loss when I could not find a true English dish as I once could. Great service, they were out of a lot of food but understandable for a Sunday.. Just surprised by the menu change that should be advertisedSpecial Features:
- Favorite brunch spotST1005Dined on 8/2/2014One of the best places to get brunch in Charlotte. If the weather is nice, make sure you sit outside on the top deck and catch the incredible views of uptown. Have had several different brunch items and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not worth the drivefamilyfoodieDined on 8/2/2014The meat dishes were flavorful...side dishes not so much. Dessert menu not worth looking at. Fine place for having an interesting beer. Not a great place for a family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014overall great service, but food service was not very good took almost an hour just to get the starterts.. other than that we loved the place...Special Features:
- Lots of HypeFoodie4Dined on 7/26/2014My Husband and I had heard a lot about this place and had it on our list of places to try. We both thought it was really good. We got the lamb burger and the bison burger andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Peculiar Rabbit reviews archive.
- FailFoodieDined on 7/24/2014We come here a lot and they always do a good job. We showed up at 3pm this time with wedding party in tow and it was an epic fail. Terrible service, forgot the bride's meal, then served it looking like road kill, then had the nerve to charge us for it. Ridiculous!Special Features:
- mac and cheese is a mustJenniferDined on 7/20/2014Their mac and cheese is amazing, its small and was tough to share between the two of us. I had the burger which was cooked perfect, seasoned well and juicy. I opted for small salad as my side and it was the same size as the mac and cheese... way too small in my opinion. BF had the Shepherd's Pie, it was excellent but could have used more veggies to balance out the heaviness of mashed potatoes and gravy. The lamb, like the burger, was seasoned well and juicy. I also had "The Drunken Raspberry" with my meal (drink) and it was super good, I would highly recommend, perfect summer drink.
- Great Charlotte spotPlazamdwdrulzDined on 7/12/2014We had a great dinner overlooking uptown all while staying cool in the AC. You can go on the rooftop for a broader view but the view inside beats the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnniversaryDined on 7/12/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at The Peculiar Rabbit. It was our 34th wedding anniversary and we ate outside - a great night for it, overlooking uptown Charlotte. We had been there before and wanted something not to pricey but with inventive food. This is the place - wonderful service too. When we mentioned to our server that it was our anniversary he offered to provide dessert for free (had the cream cheese brownie - excellent) and attended to our needs nicely. Great food - great service - great view. We noticed lots of people coming and going so it must be a hot spot in Plaza-Midwood. Rightfully so.Special Features:
- Saturday bridal shower b runchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our group for thw bridal shower. The server did an excellent job and the food was delicious. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotNumNum62VIPDined on 7/12/2014It's hard to find many good brunch spots around Charlotte so I'm glad I came across Peculiar Rabbit. I've been wanting to try it ever since reading the early glowing reviews after it opened. A birthday celebration made for a good reason to meet up for brunch. Andrew was an excellent server, very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. We agonized over the many food choices and ended up with the spicy chorizo omelet and the shrimp and grits. Both great dishes. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- DelicioustfossumVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious and had a fun atmosphere- we has drinks outside before heading to dinner inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSpartyPartyDined on 7/8/2014Really good food. My salmon was cooked perfectly. Only complaint was that they didn't read the table and bring things out as we were finishing. We felt aittle rushed as the dinner came out quickly and we hadn't finished the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Food and priceKevinDined on 7/5/2014we would certainly revisit this place. The food was outstanding. we had 5 people, apps, dinner and drinks...out the door for $185.00. You can't beat it...period...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best rooftopCltbmwDined on 6/19/2014Must go for the rooftop and summer air. By far the best thing in the plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodThomDined on 6/17/2014I had made reservations stating that it was my husbands birthday. They did not know and when I mentioned that I would like a desert for celebration, the hostess got me the manager and the manger who came to the table was very rude and loud. she did get us the brownie but her rudness took the fun out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs better managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have been to Peculiar Rabbit for brunch. Last time, a server never came to our table and we had to ask hostess for a server. This time, our server kept passing by and said he would be right with us -- several times. We finally placed our order and then had to wait and wait for the food. The waiter said the kitchen was really backed up and apologized. It was Fathers Day but there were several empty tables in our area. Management should realize that Fathers Day Brunch might be a little busy and plan kitchen staff accordingly. After we were finished, our waiter offered to "buy us a couple of drinks" for having to wait so long. By that time, we were ready to go and didn't want a drink. We won't be going back.