11604 San Vicente Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pecorinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3105713800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Sabatini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We at Pecorino are true catering Professionals; we have handle all types catering events from casual office events to sophisticated events for up to 600 guests. We offer full service that includes personal cooks, servers, bartenders and all rental needs. We also have a catering liquor license for any event. We come to you with over 20 years of catering & restaurant experience. No event is either too small or too big. We handle all events with professionalism and sophistication to make your event special and successful.
- Private Party Facilities: We would love to handle your private party. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mario or Giorgio 3105713800
A word from Pecorino Restaurant
"Pecorino: This newcomer from two former Toscano employees is one of the most exciting new restaurants of the year, serving one of the most refreshingly original and authentic Italian menus in the city. Bravo!" "Angeleno Magazine" "Choose any dish on Pecorino's menu and travel through Italy while dining! Raffaele will cook your spaghetti "Cacio e Pepe" or "Carbonara" just like the best restaurants in Rome would offer. The "Branzino stuffed with artichoke will make you feel you are in Capri again, the veal chop with Porcini will take you straight to Abruzzi. The strawberry almond cookies "Millefoglie" &the Pecorino cheeses cannot be missed. Ask Mario or Giorgio to suggest their favorite Italian wines and your dining experience can only be duplicated on your next visit to Pecorino (or Italy)." "LOS ANGELES MAGAZINE"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pecorino Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Pecorino Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (30)romantic (25)special occasion (18)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A good bet for ItalianLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/14/2014There are a lot of good Italian restaurants on San Vicente and Pecorino is up there with the better ones. I love their bread and hummus starting the evening off on the right track. Service is always accommodating. Pastas are good as is the Chicken Milanese. Pasta portions are not overly generous, but more than adequate. Others may disagree, but am not crazy about the salad selections. Prices are not cheap, but they are fair for relatively upscale dining. Try it....think you will enjoy the experience.
- double digit visitJoycdVIPDined on 9/13/2014went to Pecorinos for the 10th time this weekend and it is always better than the time before. Gourmet quality and local restaurant service!Special Features:
- Waaaay noisyTraveler24VIPDined on 9/6/2014If you are seated near the open kitchen, you will hear the chef barking orders, 1 waiter (maybe 2) shouting back requests, host and hostess walking back and forth behind your table which has about 18 inches of room. Could barely hear our friends talk. I had requested a table near the front window or on the side wall. Request was not honored and we had the worst possible table. Were there on a Sunday and the place was literally empty. SO, avoid Saturday!Special Features:
- FlowerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Holiday weekend and the place surprisingly was not fulll as usual. The food and service were down a notch and since it is one of our favorites that was disappointing.
- AlsthoughtsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wednesdsy night was very quiet, but the welcome warm and service attentive. The fresh pasra was divine. A favorite eaterySpecial Features:
- Always an enjoyable evening-BeachcomerDined on 8/24/2014There are many, many Italian restaurants on the west side, Brentwood, to choose from- we keep coming back to Pecorino, because it is Authentic- Food and Service, so for a very nice evening- support the neighborhood- a best choiceSpecial Features:
- sillyVIPDined on 8/23/2014I do not think I will go back even though the food is good After all these years they have never obtain a liquor license to service alcohol...serves only wine. The guests we entertained felt the same way. Now most people are drinking Vodka and wine with dinner.......Special Features:
- Excellent experienceRichardDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food is excellent, the service is friendly and exceptional. We think this is one of the best places in Southern California. You never go home disappointed.Special Features:
- Lovely from food to service.Fan4foodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Especially appreciate nice wines by the glass. Rare to find a Barolo when you can't drink more than a glass. We weren't rushed which was special. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food, bad servicecjbtoonzVIPDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant is small, with exposed brick walls and really nice lighting. I ordered their vegetable soup, my guest ordered burrata salad. The soup was piping hot (a big plus) but largely flavorless. My guest was disappointed in her salad, as it was an unattractive blob of cheese on overcooked tomato slices. As an entree, we had both ordered their special -- a lamb and pork ragout on pappardelle. The ragout was largely flavorless as well. Final straw was when the pasta arrived buried in shaved cheese (not mentioned in his description of the dish). Getting one without cheese seemed a gross imposition and he repeatedly made cracks to other guests and waiters about my request for a cheese-free dish. Not sure how this place survives.
- A dismal experiencefoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014I would never endorse this restaurant. The food was dreadful; ie. A dish called polla fra diavalo was a Cornish Game Hen slathered in Dijon mustard (Ugh). Save your money this restaurant is overpriced and under baked!
- First time successSomethingfishyDined on 8/1/2014Found this restaurant to be everything we expected. Food was excellent, presentation beautiful and the service was very attentive. this will be a regular stop for us in the future. wish we lived closer!Special Features:
- DinnermixedVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our waiter left a lot to be desired, but the hostess was terrific. She ended up doing much of the waiter's job.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantEllieDined on 7/27/2014We love going here for a nice meal or to celebrate a special occasion. The food is delicious, beautifully presented, and we always enjoy it.Special Features:
- i love this place!EzeeeDined on 7/26/2014pecorino is my favorite local italian restaurant. love the food, wine, wait staff and setting. it's casual, elegant and relaxed. my favorite dish is the incredible 'Cacio e Pepe'. (spaghetti with pecorino cheese, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil). perfect!Special Features:
- A taste Of arbuzziVirtualattyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Italy we must recall is both old and new, state born in the 19 th century over Civilization 3 thousand years old. Pecorino honors the traditions of its region while celebrating the diversity of Italian cuisine executed with perfection by a chef who literally watches over his patrons as he cooks. The clams and spaghetti could not have been better, even on the shores of the AdriaticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a west side treasureAlsthoughtsVIPDined on 7/23/2014The maitre is a very fair and knowlwdgable and attentive man.Special Features:
- Excellent!sillyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food Convenient location and parkingowner very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best pastaMimiVIPDined on 7/16/2014If they have the special pasta made inside the picorino wheel, get it! It's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/11/2014Good soups, excellent chicken milanaise, wonderful bread and fava bean spread, pasta cooked to perfection and good deserts. Combined with caring service. All four of us were happy with the evening. About $100 per couple.6Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and authenticCCDINERVIPDined on 7/5/2014We love the cacio e pepe, the steak was one of the best ever...however, it can get very hot and noisy on a sat night...and the air conditioning needs an upgrade, the room was 82 degrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UCLA-USC professors at dinnerMargaretVIPDined on 6/26/2014we go about twice a month and it is outstanding. You could dream about the spaghetti carbonaraSpecial Features:
- mrpastaDined on 6/23/2014The corbonara was the best either of us ever ate. Not too rich. Crisp pancetta. Pasta perfect.Special Features:
- AlsthoughtsVIPDined on 6/14/2014Excellent and tasty food. Engaging and interested staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pasta +Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/8/2014Always enjoy our evenings at Pecorino. They have delicious bread and a nice Hummus type spread. This time the three of us shared 1 Mixed Salad, 1 excellent fava bean soup, two pasta dishes (Bolognaise and Cacio Pepe) and steamed spinach. Every component was very good as was the service. Dinner including tip was about $100. Atmosphere is pleasant.
- Officialtaster1Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent service , delicious food. A lovely, welcome.Special Features:
- The following 441 reviews are from the Pecorino Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always wonderful & delicious!jvs1221Dined on 5/22/2014Do try the "tower" appetizer with avocado, cherry tomatoes, burrata... amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!jvs1221Dined on 5/16/2014One of my favorite places for lunch! Delicious food, quiet. Wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/14/2014amazing cacio e pepe special where the hot spaghetti was placed inside a 50 lb. wheel of pecorino cheese. cheese melted and the dish was super delicious.Special Features:
- Celebration RestaurantHollykDined on 5/11/2014This is our go to restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!EllieDined on 5/8/2014We had a wonderful dinner and everyone loved their meal. The Dover Sole on the parchment paper is devine, and they make one of the best bolognese in town!Special Features:
- like being in ItalyfoodieDined on 5/7/2014Cacia e pepe was best I've had outside of Italy, homemade pasta dramatically finished and presented in a hollowed out massive round of Pecorino, sides scraped to top the dish. Incredibly gracious service attitude from everyone. Hugely diverse menu, we wanted everything on it. We spent hours, it was so comfortable. The only thing missing was the Italian countryside outside the door.Special Features:
- Tasty Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/30/2014Our appetizers and dinner was consistently good and very tasty. Service with a smile to boot....Special Features:
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2014I was not impressed with the food. The artichokes and fava beans in the salad were raw and tasteless. The amatriciana was too salty and pork pieces tasted like chunks of fat. The pour for a Barolo at $20 a glass was quite a small amount.
- Superior dining experience!SarahmpDined on 4/13/2014From the wine to the starters of tuna tartare and bolonese, to the most wonderful branzini with mushrooms in parchment, to perhaps the best tiramisu I've ever had, our dinner was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Food was excellent especially the branzino Service was disappointing. Had to ask several times for certain items before dinner. Waiter will not show for a long time serving other tables. Lots of confusion. Very noisy. Don't look for a quiet dinner unless you go after 9-9:30 PM. By 10 PM we could hear each other much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Italy in Brentwoodlaborious4toyDined on 3/22/2014Pecorino is a lovely, warm, inviting restaurant on San Vicente in Brentwood. This the 4th or 5th time I've eaten there and each time reminds me why I keep going. The food, ambiance, wine list are second to none. Most recently I had the filet of sole, baked on parchment paper, covered with scalloped potatoes, thin slices of zucchini and sprinkled with freshly grated Pecorino cheese. The person I was with ordered the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. Brick walls, subdued lighting, and a welcoming, courteous professional staff make for a lovely evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of our go to favoritesHollykDined on 3/16/2014One of our go to favorites when we are on the westside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable ChoiceLuv2dineVIPDined on 3/16/2014We start at Pecorino with the delicious bread and garbanza bean hummus ......Also enjoyed the bean soup as well as a nice mixed green. Cace de Pepe was delicious....bolognaise good.....and marinara was also enjoyed by the third person in our party. Service is gracious and caring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants.LysieVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food is consistently excellent. This is one of my favorite restaurants for good Italian food.Special Features: